Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,518 members, 7,861,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:19 PM

What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? (994 Views)

Kwankwaso Received By PDP Supporters In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 7:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
I see a lot of PDP and APC guys depending on existing rigging structures to win this election. A lot them do not really believe that the will of the people is going to make any difference but I want to know what they mean by structure.

Thr structure that I know of is a political presence that not really try to passively convince people to vote them but try and buy voters, snatch ballot boxes, buy INEC staffs to help them overthumbprint ballot papers and bribe INEC preciding officers to help them manipulate incident forms.

Except, I don't know a lot again, what other thing do you think this structure can help you to do now other than just buying votes?

Whether or not we like it, the electoral reform Buhari passed has weakened these structures significantly and there is really much they can do now other than buying votes and maybe mobilizing grassroots campaign, which doedt really convince a lot of people anymore because they already made up their minds. If I am wrong, I want APC and PDP guys do educate me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Aufbauh(m): 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2022
Aufbauh:
Vote buying by giving out stipend or handouts to voters on election day isn't as effective as the impact of political structure.

For me the structural influence of politicians is the big deal.
Political structure as it is always mouthed is not just the numbers of people, but the influence of key political players on their constituent voters.

The leader of one of the political parties in my district once brag to me that no politician can win his party candidate in his ward even if the politician is giving voters 20k on election day.

I then probe further to know why and he told me that he has had a strong hold on his constituents over the time by reaching out to their need in terms of their children school fees, house rent, food stuff, job opportunity etc in time of their pressing need.

He said such people can't deviate from his instruction. He further stated that he has been practicing politics since the 2nd republic, and the key decision on voters direction is made in the night to the election day.
He gathers heads of households, entertain them, then tell them their collective direction on election day.

I then asked him why should they comply with his instruction, and he said few will deviate but majority will comply knowing fully well that if his candidate fail then his livelihood will be affected. And if their helper is affected then consequently their help too will be affected.

The above narrative is what is referred to as structure. The influence of structure is beyond BVAS cos it is intangible and seamless
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by unclejb2(m): 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2022
With BVAS there was still over voting in Osun state elections..... So BVAS could be compromised
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2022
Aufbauh:

The above narrative is what is referred to as structure. The influence of structure is beyond BVAS cos it is intangible and seamless
The only issue I have with you definition of political structure is that I don't understand how it's going to influence the people against their will anymore like bribing INEC staffs in the past.

If votes will count mostly, how would a political structure stop it from counting?
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2022
unclejb2:
With BVAS there was still over voting in Osun state elections..... So BVAS could be compromised
The idea of BVAS is not only to prevent overvoting, it's also there to spot it when it has been done. It's the reason why that of Osun came to light, without it, no one will know.

You can overvote if you like, but when it's time to go to cut and inec release her database, we will spot it. Hope you get it?

It won't really be worth it, only if you can manipulate INEC datbase as well

3 Likes

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by LegendHero(m): 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2022
Lol. Obiidiots believe that no other party have supporters and because of BVAS, that automatically mean no other party can win. Mass delusion.

—BVAS was used in Ekiti election and APC won
—BVAS was used in Osun election and PDP won

I’m sure there might have been other house or rep election and no unpopular party ever won.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by tolue42(m): 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2022
Workch:
I see a lot of PDP and APC guys depending on existing rigging structures to win this election. A lot them do not really believe that the will of the people is going to make any difference but I want to know what they mean by structure.

Thr structure that I know of is a political presence that not really try to passively convince people to vote them but try and buy voters, snatch ballot boxes, buy INEC staffs to help them overthumbprint ballot papers and bribe INEC preciding officers to help them manipulate incident forms.

Except, I don't know a lot again, what other thing do you think this structure can help you to do now other than just buying votes?

Whether or not we like it, the electoral reform Buhari passed has weakened these structures significantly and there is really much they can do now other than buying votes and maybe mobilizing grassroots campaign, which doedt really convince a lot of people anymore because they already made up their minds. If I am wrong, I want APC and PDP guys do educate me.

Is it only LP that'll use BVAS Will BVAS makes LP votes in the whole of southeast more than APC votes in South West and NORTH Una no get the population.. larger percent of South South will still vote APC.
You guys may be ignorance of what BVAS is all about self..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 8:11pm On Dec 27, 2022
LegendHero:
Lol. Obiidiots believe that no other party have supporters and because of BVAS, that automatically mean no other party can win. Mass delusion.

—BVAS was used in Osun election and APC won

I’m sure there might have been other house or rep election and no unpopular party ever won.

That's not the point, I don't believe that any party don't have supporters, why not.

My question is, can structures now comfortably rig elections now for a political structure?
How did APC win Osun?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2022
tolue42:

Is it only LP that'll use BVAS Will BVAS makes LP votes in the whole of southeast more than APC votes in South West and NORTH Una no get the population.. larger percent of South South will still vote APC.
You guys may be ignorance of what BVAS is all about self..
you and I know that with BVAS, Tinubu will be beaten to stupor in north, southeat and southsouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by socialmediaman: 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2022
LegendHero:

—BVAS was used in Osun election and APC won

APC won in Osun? I heard someone else say this same thing after he sniffed Chicago heroin. Were you the one?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 27, 2022
It simply means that they have all the mercenaries (thugs, money, campaign funds) in place to help them rig the election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Ruggedniggaone: 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2022
Structure is necessary to win presidential election in Nigeria and that's where pdp and apc have advantage over labour party, only pdp and apc have ward party chairmen in every nook and cranny of Nigeria,Nigeria presidential candidate can not be everywhere but their Structure will reach every villages and towns to campaign for there candidates.go to every villages both in the south and northern part you will realise that only pdp and apc are known there.i went to one village in ondo in 2019 it located deep inside the forest but they still have pdp and apc party chairman and ward excos,Atiku and Tinubu may not these places but those ward excos will work for the victory of their party in those villages so if you don't have that how do you plan to reach those area? they have no light, no network or any road it was like 3 hours journey to the highway,do you think those people will leave pdp or apc presidential candidate to votes for someone they never heard or known his party before? the answer is No. so only structure can win you general election don't be surprised that some villages do not know obi or Labour party in the south east and they won't vote for Peter obi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by tolue42(m): 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2022
Workch:
you and I know that with BVAS, Tinubu will be beaten to stupor in north, southeat and southsouth.

Lol...do you have the population

Do you know there are millions of people who follow political party like a religion??

Even the president or governor aspirants don't need to meet them, all they care about is that APC is our party . That's part of the structure we are talking about..

Their are some people in south east that has been following PDP for years, nothing will make them change their party, that's the structure we're talking about

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2022
Revolution2022:
It simply means that they have all the mercenaries (thugs, money, campaign funds) in place to help them rig the election.
I thought much, sincerely.
Do you think BVAS how somehow lessen the potency of this structure?
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2022
tolue42:

Lol...do you have the population
How does this question makes sense to what I just said?
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2022
Ruggedniggaone:
Structure is necessary to win presidential election in Nigeria and that's where pdp and apc have advantage over labour party, only pdp and apc have ward party chairmen in every nook and cranny of Nigeria,Nigeria presidential candidate can not be everywhere but their Structure will reach every villages and towns to campaign for there candidates.go to every villages both in the south and northern part you will realise that only pdp and apc are known there.i went to one village in ondo in 2019 it located deep inside the forest but they still have pdp and apc party chairman and ward excos,Atiku and Tinubu may not these places but those ward excos will work for the victory of their party in those villages so if you don't have that how do you plan to reach those area? they have no light, no network or any road it was like 3 hours journey to the highway,do you think those people will leave pdp or apc presidential candidate to votes for someone they never heard or known his party before? the answer is No. so only structure can win you general election don't be surprised that some villages do not know obi or Labour party in the south east and they won't vote for Peter obi.
So why is Peter winning in a physical poll Done on people with PVCs in rural areas of Nigeria if people don't know him there?
What can these structures do to avert that in the real election?

For example, in my area, PDP and APC can have ward chairmen and councilors there, it doesn't stop Peter Obi from winning my polling unit even as he has none. The structure PDP and APC is talking about is been rejected, they known but known for the wrong reason.
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by tolue42(m): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
Workch:
How does this question makes sense to what I just said?

You don't have the population, you don't have the structure, so tell me how Obi want to win the election...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2022
tolue42:

You don't have the population, you don't have the structure, so tell me how Obi want to win the election...
I said Tinubu will be beaten in north, southeast and southsouth..
Read again, remove your blocked APC cap and reason it properly
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by tolue42(m): 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2022
Workch:
I said Tinubu will be beaten in north, southeast and southsouth..
Read again, remove your blocked APC cap and reason it properly

So you actually believe Tinubu will be defeated?

Did you read AriseTv projection today??

If Tinubu enemy(AriseTv) can project that he'll have 25% in 24 states then you should starts seeing Tinubu as your next president..
Believe me, Tinubu will have 25% in 28 states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 8:43pm On Dec 27, 2022
tolue42:

So you actually believe Tinubu will be defeated?

Did you read AriseTv projection today??

If Tinubu enemy(AriseTv) can project that he'll have 25% in 24 states then you should starts seeing Tinubu as your next president..
Believe me, Tinubu will have 25% in 28 states.
Tinubu can not beat Atiku in the north, Obi in southsouth and southeast.

If you like keep telling yourself sweet lies. Nigeria is not only yorubaland
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by tolue42(m): 8:46pm On Dec 27, 2022
Workch:
Tinubu can not beat Atiku in the north, Obi in southsouth and southeast.

If you like keep telling yourself sweet lies. Nigeria is not only yorubaland

Yoruba Land and North is enough to make him our president. That's why he's romancing with them. A political guru

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2022
tolue42:

Yoruba Land and North is enough to make him our president. That's why he's romancing with them. A political guru
But Tinubu will lose in the north cheesy

Why are you skipping that part?
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by tolue42(m): 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2022
Workch:
But Tinubu will lose in the north cheesy

Why are you skipping that part?

Says who?? You You guys are political naive I swear!
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 9:06pm On Dec 27, 2022
tolue42:

Says who?? You You guys are political naive I swear!
So Tinubu can win Atiku in the north but Atiku cannot win Tinubu in southwest.

Lol, I can't wait for you all to cry. E go happen for this naira land
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by tolue42(m): 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2022
Workch:
So Tinubu can win Atiku in the north but Atiku cannot win Tinubu in southwest.

Lol, I can't wait for you all to cry. E go happen for this naira land

APC IS A RULING PARTY!

Is that too hard for you to understand

Alot of northerners are holding positions in APC, anything that make APC lose in the north means new set of guys (northerners as well) but in PDP will emerge, then current northerners in APC will be relegated one way or the other.
Remember we all have our different ambitions , so its more than just a northerner winning the presidency, it's all about individuals who already have stakes in APC.

That's what the structure is all about, is not about Tinubu alone now, it's about different individuals ambitions in APC, people who doesn't want to loose relevance..

It's bigger for you to understand my brother...
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 9:21pm On Dec 27, 2022
tolue42:

APC IS A RULING PARTY!

Alot of northerners are holding positions in APC, anything that make APC lose in the north means new set of guys (northerners as well) but in PDP will emerge, then current northerners in APC will be relegated one way or the other.
Remember we all have our different ambitions , so its more than just a northerner winning the presidency, it's all about individuals who already have stakes in APC.

That's what the structure is all about, is not about Tinubu alone now, it's about different individuals ambitions in APC, people who doesn't want to loose relevance..

Tinubu will be beaten silly in the north and there is nothing APC can do about it.

He will also be beaten silly in Southeast and southsouth, nothing APC cna do about it.

Tinubu is the least likely to be president, better don't deceive yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2022
tolue42:

APC IS A RULING PARTY!

all these jargons you just typed, if you are not careful, Peter Obi will beat Tinubu in Lagos.

You are still living of mirage and past realities

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Odibembem: 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2022
Workch:

Structure means people on ground working for you independent of you telling them to or being there yourself. Structure means having party officers and officers whose responsibility is to deliver you irrespective of if they like you. Structure means fielding candidates in all the 360 or so federal constituencies and the candidates combing the interiors on your behalf. Only APC and PDP has structure, Obi does not. Let that sink in!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Thedon22: 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2022
Workch:
That's not the point, I don't believe that any party don't have supporters, why not.

My question is, can structures now comfortably rig elections now for a political structure?
How did APC win Osun?
Is Osun election the only time opposition party will defeat the rulling party ? Under Obasanjo didn't ACN repeatedly win Lagos? Didn't Mimiko win PDP under Labour Party and most importantly didn't Buhari defeat Jonathan the incumbent? Was these BVAS then ? So Osun APC loss has other issues at play, not BVAS. The main help for PDP in Osun was the rift between Oyetola and Aregbesola and not your BVAS.

2 Likes

Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2022
Thedon22:

Is Osun election the only time opposition party will defeat the rulling party ? Under Obasanjo didn't ACN repeatedly win Lagos? Didn't Mimiko win PDP under Labour Party and most importantly didn't Buhari defeat Jonathan the incumbent? Was these BVAS then ? So Osun APC loss has other issues at play, not BVAS. The main help for PDP in Osun was the rift between Oyetola and Aregbesola and not your BVAS.
Why are Tinubu supporters not intelligent enough to comprehend simple things?
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by Workch: 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2022
Odibembem:

Structure means people on ground working for you independent of you telling them to or being there yourself. Structure means having party officers and officers whose responsibility is to deliver you irrespective of if they like you. Structure means fielding candidates in all the 360 or so federal constituencies and the candidates combing the interiors on your behalf. Only APC and PDP has structure, Obi does not. Let that sink in!!!
lol. Ok
Re: What Do APC And PDP Supporters Mean By Structure When We Have BVAS? by stev120(m): 6:48am On Dec 28, 2022
The biggest structure in democracy is the masses any other thing is robbery

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Those Supporting Tinubu Really Normal Human Beings / Beautiful Picture Of Buhari, Tinubu And El Rufai Today In Yola / Femi Otedola, Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Donald Duke Pose With Mr Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.