Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,876 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years (8497 Views)

Omowunmi Akinnifesi Shares Swimwear Photos / Omowunmi Dada: Wishes To Die On Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by naijays: 2:17am On Sep 02, 2011
This Is Sick! Ex-miss Nigeria, Omowunmi Reveals How She Got Stalked For 6 Years

Its 6 years already and the crazy stalker has not given up on Omowunmi yet, so she seems to be crying out for help when she revealed the whole story on her new blog(www.OmowunmiAkinnifesi.com). At first, it sounded funny, but while reading on, its looking lot more serious than I thought. Don't know what to call this abusive behavior, and it also looked like a threat.
For those that don't know who Omowunmi Akinifesi is, she was crowned Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria in 2005.

Read her story
"Funny but I am not laughing
His name is……, yep I know his name, his full name. I have heard it so many times when I finally decide to pick up an unknown number after dodging the calls
that show his caller identification.

Numbers I have come to store on my phone over and over again. I have about six of his numbers and for a while that
saved me from speaking to him. Well that was only until he got a new number off course.

It all started in 2005, after I won the Most Beautiful girl in Nigeria Pageant. I granted an interview with a popular newspaper in Nigeria where I was asked who my role model was at the time and I mentioned Oprah Winfrey. Little did I know that Oprah was going to get me into trouble?

My phone rang early January 2006 and it was the voice of a man, possibly in his late 30s or early 40s. His voice was coarse and suspicious. Innocently I said
“Hello” and this marked the beginning of the terror.
“Am I speaking to Omowunmi Akinnifesi?” he asked.
“Yes” I replied without a hint of fear. “How are you?”
He asked again. “I am fine thank you. Whom am I speaking to?” I asked.
“This is…… “I admire you and I
think you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.
You are charming and extremely sexy” how can I meet you? I know you like Oprah Winfrey. I can introduce you to her, she is a very good friend” he
said.
The first thing that came to my mind was huh! Who ever said I wanted to meet Oprah? I tried to imagine the voice I was hearing over the phone talk to Oprah,
and laughed……naaa not a good match. Don’t think Oprah will know this one, I thought jokingly in my head.

To be honest I cannot remember the whole conversation but I remember trying to get off the phone as fast as possible by saying “ok thank you”
thank you”. And since that day this man has been calling my phone non-stop. At first I thought it was just a fan, just someone that liked and appreciated
me (which I am always completely grateful for). But I knew something was wrong was when he called me twice a day everyday for one week, asking me to
come for different events. Today he was lunching his foundation; tomorrow it was a fashion line. How many events can a man have in one week? I asked
myself. And then I thought, this is definitely not normal.

Dodging his calls, he started calling forcefully. My phone rang thirty times in a day continuously (And nope, I am not exaggerating). This was it, this was
the beginning of my paranoia.

It became so bad that one-day he decided to show up at the Silverbird head office in Lekki. I had an interview that morning with a Magazine and I have
no idea how he knew I was going to be there. As I entered the office I remember seeing this person in glasses sitting down and staring at me like he had
just seen a ghost. I walked in wondering who that was and just then, I received his call.

Luckily I had saved that very number he was calling me with that day, amongst other numbers he owned that I had
saved. As usual I did not pick, but he sent me a text message that read, “I am at the Silverbird reception waiting for you”. I shrunk on my seat and immediately alerted my chaperon. She immediately went out to my rescue and would you believe this? The man had to be carried out of the office because
he refused to leave till he saw me.
Well luckily that was the first and last time I set my eyes on him.

Since then his calls began to fluctuate
from three times a week, to once in a month. Then just when I think he is gone into thin air, after 3months, he begins to call again everyday for the next six weeks. I will scream, “please never call me again” and even tell my male friends to act as my boyfriend or even my husband, yet he was persistent. Saying things like “lets get married, you
will have my kids. Omowunmi when are we seeing?
We need to be together”. Now if this was a boyfriend, won’t every woman feel loved and adored? (Like he
actually calls), but this was a total stranger calling every month in every year until 2011 when I stopped
hearing from him.

I even changed my phone number a couple of times, but somehow, he still got that number.

In 2011 he called once or twice, the phone calls of which I ignored. Little did I know, what Sunday the 21st of August had in store for me? I decided to attend church with my sister that wonderful morning.

We had arrived a little late and made an entrance to the front row of the Church
(which were the only seats available). Just as the service was over, I made my exit out of the Church. Unfortunately for me, this man had been seating on
the row right next to that exit. Did he know that was my preferred way out of the Church? I am not sure if he did, but I still wonder why he was not sitting on
any of the other two exits of at that church.

He got up right in front of me and said “hello Omowunmi my name is…….its been a while. I have been meaning to give you something. Take this letter”. I froze and almost had a heart attack when he said his name; a name I had heard being introduced to me a thousand times over the phone. I started
walking the fastest way I could and he caught up with me.

My sister, who was walking ahead of me, was already long gone. She did not even bother to check if I was behind her because she knows how fast a walker I am as well. Frightened, I was desperate for her to come to my rescue. I finally found her and he kept following and sneaking up on us until we entered our car and drove away; and believe me, we
did this as fast as we could.

No jokes. Even my sister was in shock. I mean we had seen this in the movies
but I never imagined it becoming my reality.

On Wednesday he called me again and I

Read the full story here

http://www.jimmysonde.com/2011/09/this-is-funny-but-omowunmi-akinnifesi.html?m=1
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by ragdollz: 3:22am On Sep 02, 2011
Sorry, but. . .

Does anyone actually CARE??

I mean, seriously.

Girl should get busy. Or maybe MOVE to another country or something. Simples.
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by Emmyk(m): 6:10am On Sep 02, 2011
Sorry oo
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by Nellyon(f): 10:19am On Sep 02, 2011
ragdollz:

Sorry, but. . .

Does anyone actually CARE??

I mean, seriously.

Girl should get busy. Or maybe MOVE to another country or something. Simples.
What anyone does not care about is you being a major a. s, s,.
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by akunta(f): 10:31am On Sep 02, 2011
It can be really Scary!!! shocked
Am not a celebrity, neither hv i bin stalked b4.
But going by movies i hv seen, its no joke.
And to think that its really happening 2 someone scares the h.e.l.l outta me! shocked
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by Bestglo(f): 10:45am On Sep 02, 2011
I wish i can help really
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by Iranoladun(f): 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2011
Is this girl this naive or simply looking for attention? shocked shocked

Someone has been stalking you for 6 years and you don't know how to stop him? shocked

She should just handover the man details to SSS or even CID at Panti; they will flush him out. If that fails hire a private security guard let them beat the living daylight out of the sicko.  He will never remember anything how much more your phone number angry angry
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by eghost247(m): 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2011
sounds funny lol she should hear him out seems this dude wont give up talk about krazies
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by Greenslim: 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2011
Report him to the police and SSS for help in case of any threat on your life.
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by DeepSoul(f): 12:57pm On Sep 02, 2011
Methinks she's seeking attention for some upcoming project she's working on.

Unfortunately, she didnt choose a good enough story line
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by maxygirl(f): 1:13pm On Sep 02, 2011
i dont think she has an idea of ehat stalking means, if you are really being stalked, you are so threatened you would have no choice than to contact the appropriate authorities to take care of it. How can you know your stalker and yet you do nothing about it except create a blog?, that's crap
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by ektbear: 1:13pm On Sep 02, 2011
She is a good look.

Omowunmi, if you are reading this, I'd be happy to stalk you too smiley

I don't have the patience for 6 years though, you make a decision on me within a few weeks or I keep it moving wink
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by sirp2007: 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2011
my frnd report him 2 security agent and stop wasting cyber space, even a kid knows this,
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2011
Agree to the guy now, haba undecided
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by malaria(f): 1:22pm On Sep 02, 2011
D girl is nt serious.she would have given d man listening pleasure 2 knw wot he wants.may b na d guy make am win d award nw she no wan coperate.
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by NatGas(m): 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2011
Iranoladun:

Is this girl this naive or simply looking for attention? shocked shocked

Someone has been stalking you for 6 years and you don't know how to stop him? shocked

She should just handover the man details to SSS or even CID at Panti; they will flush him out. If that fails hire a private security guard let them beat the living daylight out of the sicko.  He will never remember anything how much more your phone number angry angry

Seconded.
But come to think of it she should have given the man a chance to atleast hear him out---I dont see anything scary in it.If she has acted matured, compose her self and talk to this man it could be better way out rather than running like she is a 12 year Virgin!
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by brixton: 1:41pm On Sep 02, 2011
Next,
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by presfedrep: 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2011
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by presfedrep: 2:30pm On Sep 02, 2011
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by omega25red(m): 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2011
i guess she never heard about changing her number or reporting the stalking to the cops. IMO i think she enjoyed the attention
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by ragdollz: 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2011
Nellyon:

What anyone does not care about is you being a major a. s, s,.

The major "a,s,s" here is YOU cos I don't recall referring to you or is your name Omowunmi?! Arrow go and sit down! Face the topic not me.
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by Mobsync(m): 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2011
Hope the M.UMU doesnt become another Agbani Darego who cant marry after a pageant. Women, They suddenly become proud and are so full of themselves. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sadToo sad
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2011
Nonsense. She don learn grammer: Stalker.

BTW who really gives a furk? She is an old cargo anyway.
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by donem: 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2011
it looks more of a fairy-tale than a reality
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by boyprodigy(m): 12:14am On Sep 03, 2011
pity d guy now,in don try.haba 6 years no be small thing.
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by aloyemeka2: 12:18am On Sep 03, 2011
She may be referring to Nairaland stalkers like DayoKanu and Eko Ile.
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by MMM2(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2011
sorryangry
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by afangide(m): 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2011
tales by moonlight, lwkmh ;d
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by Gbenge77(m): 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2011
The report seems far-fetched.
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by lexander(m): 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2011
I believe is this is just a publicity stunt made to gain attention.lets take a step back and think about it. She's a former miss nigeria with a lot of friends,admirers and connections yet she can't take of a silence man who has been stalkering her that it lasted for 6 good years.
Let me ask a question ever since she became a ex-queen has anyone ever heard of her again. I'm guessing the answer is no,so they just created this story to stir up people to start talking about her earning her cheap popularity. Guys and ladies i'll like to hear your thoughts on what i just wrote
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by alosiby92(f): 9:58pm On Sep 04, 2011
Shame, poor girl, It's obsession.infatuation that this man is mistaking for love, goodness, 6 years!! Nothing better to do with his life, Love be by force?  Even to track her down to her church, chei! Nigerian men are scary, [i][/i]
Re: Former Miss Nigeria Omowunmi Got Stalked For 6 Years by Nellyon(f): 8:33am On Sep 05, 2011
ragdollz:

The major "a,s,s" here is YOU cos I don't recall referring to you or is your name Omowunmi?! Arrow go and sit down! Face the topic not me.
I hear you oh ye not so smart person, swearing like a drunken sailor, his mother is very ashamed of him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

These Photos Prove Mercy Aigbe’s Daughter, Michelle Is A Cute Fashionista / We Never Knew Zack Orji’s First Son Leo’nel Was This Cute! / ~Text Message Ignites Brown/rihanna Violence!~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.