Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory (11718 Views)

Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP / The Judgement Is A Complete Waste Of Time - Otti Reacts To Purported Sack / Osun Governorship Election Tribunal Judgement Is On Friday, 22nd March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by AngelGabbyShara(m): 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2022
… Calls on Segun Oni to join him to develop the state

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji on Thursday declared that the Ekiti State Governorship Petition Tribunal Judgement re-affirming his election as Governor of the state is to the glory of God and benefit of Ekiti people.

Oyebanji, who described the ruling of the tribunal as a “landmark judgement”, thanked the judiciary for living up to its reputation as the bastion of democracy.

Addressing a crowd of jubilant supporters at the foyer of the Governor’s Office, Ado-Ekiti, shortly after the tribunal ruling, Oyebanji said the judgement was a further proof that God had a hand in his election as Governor of Ekiti State.

He urged his supporters to celebrate in moderation and avoid any form of name calling or hostility against members of the opposition party.

He also hailed the Social Democratic Party (SDP) candidate, Engr Segun Oni for challenging the electoral process at the tribunal, adding that it was within his right to do so. Oyebanji, however said that with the Tribunal ruling affirming him as Governor of the State, it was time Oni accept defeat honourably, re-join the All Progressives Congress (APC) and work with his administration to develop the state.

Oyebanji, who was joined by his deputy, Chief (Mrs) Monisade Afuye, Secretary to the State Government, Dr Habibat Adubiaro and other top government functionaries sang songs of praises to God intermittently as he addressed the people.

“I commend the judiciary for this landmark judgement. It speaks to one thing- when God is in a matter, everything will end well.

“The judgement is to God’s glory and to the benefit of Ekiti people. I just want to plead with all of us. We are one in Ekiti State. The party that has gone to court did so in exercise of its fundamental right.

“I want us to celebrate moderately. I don’t want us to quarrel with anybody. I don’t want us to abuse anybody. Engr Segun Oni still remains a leader in this state, and I have absolute respect for him and will continue to accord him due respect. The door of our party is open to as many people as want to join us and I will be waiting patiently to receive Engr Segun Oni and his people back to APC, because this is where they belong.

“We need them to join us in our effort to make Ekiti more prosperous.”, he added.
Also addressing Newsmen after a meeting with a delegation of Ekiti Obas, Oyebanji said he was never distracted by the SDP petition at the tribunal because he knew it lacked substance. He however promised to continue to implement his six pillar development agenda aimed at bringing prosperity to the people of the state.

“It is a victory for democracy and I dedicate this to the Almighty God and the people of Ekiti state, it’s a validation of what they did during the election and I thank the Judiciary for upholding our victory as a party.

“I actually don’t have opponents in fairness when it comes to issue of Ekiti State, Ekiti is a small state, we are homogeneous, we are one and the right I have to the governorship of Ekiti State is the right every indigene of the state has to that office.

“I see it as a contest and I hereby call on Engr. Segun Oni to join hands with me to develop the state. He is my leader, I have absolute respect for him and that respect has not diminished so I will be linking up with him so that we can work together. He was part and parcel of this party before and I want to call him back to his former party and the more the merrier.

Asked whether he was distracted by the tribunal sittings, Oyebanji said he was never distracted. “I’ve been facing my job, Ekiti people has put us on this job and we have a duty to ensure that we implement our manifesto and the contract we signed with them. Court case should not be an excuse for non-performance, the past seventy-five days have been exciting and I’m happy with how we started, we have put together building blocks that will lead to rapid development of the state, and we are on course. He said.

Speaking further, Governor Oyebanji said the state chapter of APC will soon unfold its campaign for the 2023 presidential election, adding that the APC presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu ,remains the best of all the candidates in terms of competence, character and level of preparation for the job.

He urged all Ekiti citizens to key into the campaign for the Tinubu presidency, assuring that the state would witness tremendous progress under his presidency.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02EkrSJuUYit3q2Hsu5fAGRRtBDFYUuoW36FFVDEDGMx6VrJGqnSDxd7WfKaPW7KP2l&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by Badansh: 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
Good
Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by atobs4real(m): 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
Congratulations Sir

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by ELEYIofNigeria: 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
baba God thank you o. I hope you also remember God whenver he ants to
embezzle funds

3 Likes

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
Criminal votes buyer. Nemesis will catch up with you soon.

8 Likes

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by Xscape1993(m): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
See the 12 good conditions the G-5 Governors gave Tinubu before they can even think of supporting him.

1. Tell Nigerians who killed Funso William.
2. Tell Nigerians why you bedwet and pee on your clothes in public? What if it happens in your meeting with international bodies?
3. Tell Nigerians the name of your primary school. Tell Nigerians at least 5 of your primary or secondary classmates/schoolmates.
4. Tell Nigerians your childhood, your father, mother siblings and how you couldn't pay school fees but inherited estates.
5. Tell Nigerians your teachers at least 3.
6. You've been accused of drug peddling, why are you quiet? Tell Nigerians with believable evidence what you did in Chicago that make US charge you with drug crimes.
7. How do you intend to fight corruption after carrying money in bullion vans? Tell Nigerians how a big thief like you intends to catch small thief?
8. Buhari spent a fortune on foreign medical trip, we won't support you if you can't treat yourself in Nigeria.
9. Tell Nigerians how much you make from Lagos purse every day.
10. Tell Nigerians your real age.
11. Tell Nigerians your financial state before you become the governor of Lagos state.
12. What is Bulaa baluu, corn-agbado situation? And why do dodge TV interviews?
You have two days to respond using Arise or Channel TV or forget about G-5 support.

Signed
Gov. Wike

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by WonderManly(m): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
As you can see me. I just have nothing to say. Than...

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by Moh247: 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
cool

This one Labour Party are not commenting on APC victory at the tribunals

Are they in shock of what awaits them in 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by MacDani(m): 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
We
Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by Falseprofet2: 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ekiti
Imo
Bayelsa
Abia
Kogi

These states with their relatively small sizes should be models of governance but governors and others are mainly thieves in agbada and suits

2 Likes

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by Brendaniel: 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
Oga, just do well with your governance, don't follow Tinubu and Oyetola's footsteps, if not na 1 tenure you go do, Nigerians will not tolerate bad governance again.

Peter Obi has come

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by Manny21: 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
But if the judgment had been The other way round, it would have been to the glory of who?

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by hisexcellency34: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
Says Fayemi's puppet
Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by Business2023: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
I need 1million naira to support my crumbling business, whether Inform of loan or assistance.
I have the Faith and i believe that God can touch just one person heart here on nairaland to assist me in life.
The is my email address:
businessdealer2005@gmail.com
Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by howenono: 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by Seyifyn: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
Okay cool
Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by tesppidd: 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
Fuuuuccckk all these fucccking politicians..

Leave God out of this.
Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
Anything to move our darling nation forward is all we want at [/b].

God bless Ekiti State.

[b]God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by afbstrategies: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ok
Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by MVLOX(m): 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2022
No be only to God's glory .... Lol
Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by Afiahomes(m): 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
Otilo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by TinubuShet(m): 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
Segun Oni should rest abeg
Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by Atlantis585: 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2022

Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by tfelicityk(m): 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2022
Congratulations to him.
May God bless him with wisdom, knowledge and understanding on how to rule the people of Ekiti State and Nigeria whenever the need arises.
Re: Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory by chloride6: 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2022
cheesy

Foolishness of PDP and SDP

This will replay in the National Elections

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akinwumi Adesina: We’ll Support Tinubu, Afdb To Open New Bank In Nigeria / Elections: Remove Lagos REC, Cancel Oluomo's Contract, LP Urges INEC / Diezani Allison-madueke & Chris Aire Sweetheart Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.