Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement (719 Views)

'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala / 2023: Arewa Twitter, Northerners Drum Support For Osinbajo (PICTURES) / Maduka: Woman Dies After Disenfranchisement At Anambra PDP Guber Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Jatuski: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
The Arewa Youth Forum has expressed dissatisfaction with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) over poor publicity and sensitization ahead of next year's general elections and the use of Biometric Voters Accreditation System (BIVAS).

The Acting President of Arewa Youth Forum, Alhaji Ahmed Mohammed Zagi, expressed this in a statement made available to newsmen in Kaduna on Thursday December 29, 2022.

According to the statement, INEC's lack of adequate sensitization could lead to disenfranchisement of millions of Nigerians, especially Northerners.

"The introduction of BVAS and other amendments to the electoral act, will affect millions of voters in Nigeria, if INEC does not go to the grassroots to educate and sensitize the electorate.

"Our little findings revealed that a lot of our people here in the North don't know there will be BVAS accreditation before voting. Those that have heard of it scantily, are afraid of being embarrassed during voting, hence the need for INEC to do the needful," Zagi said.

He suggested that traditional, community and religious leaders should be approached by INEC and used as opinion leaders to reach all communities with the sensitization.

The group however, said that it is optimistic that the electoral body is committed to delivering a free, fair and credible polls in 2023.

Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Moh247: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2022
cool

North over Sabi Politics

Any INEC AdHoc staffs that tries nonsense in stopping underage voting by the North would be playing with fire

They have filled PVC database with enough kids , even Police officers at Polling Unit would look away to avoid Riot

Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Gunayo(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
See as dey don dey fear. This coming election will expose how the north have been rigging elections in this country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Obalacam(m): 7:37pm On Dec 29, 2022
"Our little findings revealed that a lot of our people here in the North don't know there will be BVAS accreditation before voting. Those that have heard of it scantily, are afraid of being embarrassed during voting, hence the need for INEC to do the needful,"[/quote]
Who will embarrasse or harass you if you are eligible to vote
Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by duality(m): 7:37pm On Dec 29, 2022
God will stop anyone who wants to falsify election results in 2023.

The evils of past elections will not happen.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Lizzysamuel(f): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
Moh247:
North over Sabi Politics

Any INEC AdHoc staffs that tries nonsense in stopping underage voting by the North would be playing with fire

So that's the number they have? Underage?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by mrvitalis(m): 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
I don't really understand ...I am struggling to get how not hearing about BVAS would stop one from voting

It's not the place of voters to worry about BVAs or how it works just bring your voters card to the polling unit that's all

I am really struggling to get his point honestly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by FatherOfJesus: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
Goodnews for Us. Those guys are expert in voting bad candidates

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Lizzysamuel(f): 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
Obalacam:

"Our little findings revealed that a lot of our people here in the North don't know there will be BVAS accreditation before voting. Those that have heard of it scantily, are afraid of being embarrassed during voting, hence the need for INEC to do the needful,"
Who will embarrasse or harass you if you are eligible to vote

Their so called numbers turning to be scam grin..

Underage Voters is what they're scared of

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Lizzysamuel(f): 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2022
mrvitalis:
I don't really understand ...I am struggling to get how not hearing about BVAS would stop one from voting

It's not the place of voters to worry about BVAs or how it works just bring your voters card to the polling unit that's all

I am really struggling to get his point honestly

Their scam numbers about to be blown off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Ogbuefi2020: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
This is why Obi doesn't give himself headache over the north. They won't be able to churn out huge numbers as usual and the genuine votes will be split to pieces

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Moh247: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
Lizzysamuel:

So that's the number they have? Underage?

If you really think any INEC AdHoc staffs especially corpers would be silly enough to go to a hot state like Borno or Kaduna and tell them they must use PVC without manual Accreditation then you don't understand Northern game
Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Obalacam(m): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2022
Lizzysamuel:

Their so called numbers turning to be scam grin..

Underage Voters is what they're scared of
My dear I wonder why someone should be afraid of coming out to vote if he or she does not have alterior motives
Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Validated: 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ignorantia juris non excusant
Ignorance of the law is no excuse!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by ganisucks(f): 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2022
Baba blue is using every avenue to fight BVAS and naira policy. Right now he's still using kindergarten method. But when January eve shows, thats when he will take the kid gloves off. Expect Baba to get into the gutter and wrestle like a pig. Unlike his Lala land NL employees, he knows what BVAS and Naira policy will do to his chances. With this two things in place, Baba blue will struggle with Kwankwaso for 3rd position.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Bayyajidda(m): 7:57pm On Dec 29, 2022
Moh247:
cool

North over Sabi Politics

They have filled PVC database with enough kids , even Police officers at Polling Unit would look away to avoid Riot

Who are you trying to scare? As if the northerners will even be. voting for the renowned druggie.
Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by beejaay: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2022
Moh247:
cool

North over Sabi Politics

We know na, is it not you?? We k ow you must support any and every bad thing about our politics.. See this Dindinrin supporting child voters all in the name of we Wan win.. No single love for the country or its progress.. Instead of canvass g for free and credible voting where only eligible voters will have access, he is busy crying and supporting evil.. Evil being supporting evil leaders.. 2023 is gonna una year of sufferness and sorrow amen, all enemies of the the country..
Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by pandax: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
Moh247:

If you really think any INEC AdHoc staffs especially corpers would be silly enough to go to a hot state like Borno or Kaduna and tell them they must use PVC manual Accreditation then you don't understand Northern game

Maybe, you don't understand how BVAS will work. Number of people that voted MUST not be above the number of people accredited to vote;else, the whole polling unit will be cancelled
Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Moh247: 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2022
[quote author=beejaay post=119530253]
We know na, is it not you?? We k ow you must support any and every bad thing about our politics.. See this Dindinrin supporting child voters all in the name of we Wan win.. No single love for the country or its progress.. Instead of canvass g for free and credible voting where only eligible voters will have access, he is busy crying and supporting evil.. Evil being supporting evil leaders.. 2023 is gonna una year of sufferness and sorrow amen, all enemies of the the country.. [/quote

I am stating facts... Didirin arindin talk say I dey support politicians

Na sense most of you lack, when reality hit you morroon that this is Nigeria una go dey wail

Na Ogun go kill you if I am not part of anything like kid voter all your entire generation na them your curse go affect

Insha Allah
Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Moh247: 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
pandax:

Maybe, you don't understand how BVAS will work. Number of people that voted MUST not be above the number of people accredited to vote;else, the whole polling unit will be cancelled

Over voting was reported by INEC, APC and PDP in Osun state at the tribunals
Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by pandax: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
Moh247:

Over voting was reported by INEC, APC and PDP in Osun state at the tribunals

If all the over voting affected polling units were to be cancelled, will it affect the outcome of the Osun election?. That is what the tribunal will determine, otherwise, Abuja ain't got anything on Oshogbo.

I listened to the presidential candidate of SDP today on ordinary president tv program. Oh my God,he is the next best thing to, if not better than Obi. That guy is a super administrator, i do not even know his name, but it does appear he is from Ondo State
Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Moh247: 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
pandax:

If all the over voting affected polling units were to be cancelled, will it affect the outcome of the Osun election?. That is what the tribunal will determine, otherwise, Abuja ain't got anything on Oshogbo.

I listened to the presidential candidate of SDP today on ordinary president tv program. Oh my God,he is the next best thing if not better than Obi. That guy is a super administrator, i do not even know his name, but it does appear he is from Ondo State

For me I really like Kwankwaso that man is also very impressive, to be honest the crop of aspirant contesting are awesome.. even I hate to admit Almustapha spoke deeply on critical issues and realistic solution

My only Issue with Sowore and Obi is that their solutions don't seem practical enough
Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Racoon(m): 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
The fear of BVAS is the beginning of electoral wisdom.
Re: 2023: Arewa Forum Raises Alarm, Says Millions In North Risk Disenfranchisement by Hoelujohn: 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
Moh247:
cool

North over Sabi Politics

It's very easy, let them vote on paper, results won't be sent to server which renders the voting invalid. Shey be una say una crazy abi

(1) (Reply)

Ten$ion In APC Camp As G5 To Finally See Reason With Obasanjo Endorsement Of Pet / BAT Visited Late President Yar'adua's Mother In Katsina / Peter Obi Not Ready To Be President, Says Ajulo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.