Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January (18669 Views)

My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! / How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? / How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by freeman67: 11:55am On Dec 30, 2022
Epicji:
I recently apply for stoppage of bill. In a month,we have light for about 10 time and they will bring bill of 20k. This shows l was paying for darkness instead of light.

I just got myself fairly used solar panel n bat3 with small moni.

Enjoying light 24 hrs

First of all, there is no small money for anything solar. Secondly, nothing beats NEPA (as we call it) light. The closest is diesel Generator but the diesel is no longer cheap and even with soundproof it still have some level of noise.

That said, the Disco Staff/agents are the ones frustrating people and forcing them to pay for what they don't consume because we clearly do not have alternatives. They just give targets like bank staff and distribute the target amount for all customers to pay not minding whether there is light or not. They leave in the same society and will surely reap what they sow. If they no reap am for tailor, them go reap am for mechanic, if not then go reap am for hospital. What goes around comes around.

Then we also have a lot of crooks as countrymen around masquerading as religious people. Imagine the number of people saying the op should not even dare talk about his neighbour using free light.

So if the Disco servicing them is assuming that it's only the ops account that is serving the whole compound and as such are billing him exorbitantly based on that, he should just keep quite.

That's why everything keep getting worse and the end doesn't seem to be near. What is wrong in someone paying for what he consumes for God sake?

You will see broad day scam/robbery called yahoo everyone will say mind your business. You see thief, mind your business, everyone will keep minding their business and everything keep getting bad. At the end it will get to everyone in a way or another. No matter how smart or how good you are in minding your business, the ills you see and turn the other eye will surely affect you one day.

5 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Greenbirth: 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
Simple solution. Install pre paid meters. Let him or her buy their own lights

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by ghiloman28(m): 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
The landlord should get a prepaid otherwise it will accumulate to huge future debt on that property.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by backwardneva: 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2022
]I know a particular tribe that likes osho-free and I know that such a neighbor must be from that tribe.
Black man is just naturally wicked in nature but some are more wicked than others and op u hv to inform ur landlord with evidence or u bear d cost alone[/quote]

Must you tribalize everything haba. Let's be mature for once
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Honchoslim16(m): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
Pells1:
Imagine Snitching your neighbor to the whole Nigerians undecided undecided lipsrsealed
You are evil and a jealous nigga
If I was your neighbor, I would jump on you with my Glock nigga angry angry
Don't be a rat nigga
Stop learning from Honchoslim16 ,that nigga a rat angry angry
I guess you masturbate to your neighbor gf too undecided undecided lipsrsealed
These n!ggås talk too much, Charlamagne
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Honchoslim16(m): 12:24pm On Dec 30, 2022
alingo2013:

You still behave like you are nursery School, if you see someone doing bad alert the authorities, before you fall victim, I don't want to complain about bad government when you the citizens are bad
That dude is still in elementary.

Please give his a$$ some diapers
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Sambaby7640: 12:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
Epicji:
I recently apply for stoppage of bill. In a month,we have light for about 10 time and they will bring bill of 20k. This shows l was paying for darkness instead of light.

I just got myself fairly used solar panel n bat3 with small moni.

Enjoying light 24 hrs
what's are the cons and pros of using this solar panel from your experience?
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Psady(m): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
Go get a prepaid meter, only this can end the horrendous billing, the truth of the matter is that most building around you are probably using a prepaid meter, and are likely bypassing their meter at odd hours of the day without notice. In your neighbors case, so long he's using estimated bill, his case remains with the authority(Phcn) since he has a separate meter. Don't go get yourself into a dirty fight, this is Nigeria, apply wisdom.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by EazyMoh(m): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2022
That estimated billing is a scam.
My empty house in the village was getting almost 10k bill per month, they disconnected the house and didn't suspend the bill for another 3 months.
I had to pay 55k to get a prepaid meter.
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by HeartlessMan: 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2022
BarrElChapo:

Very wicked goat grin

I play my part comrade. grin

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by remsonik(f): 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
For my house I no see bill for 1 year o. Since January nepa never bring me bill and their light here is unstable
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by motionarena: 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
yellowgarri2:
It's called meter bypass.

The 5k is for the meter to show light that it's recharged to deceive the discos when they come around.

Off the meter entirely and connect your wire directly by 7pm and remove it by 7am the next day. (no one is at home during the day).

On your meter back and off all appliances when going out.

Go for work with free mind.

Any neighbour that refuses to mind his/her business will receive general beating.

Same people than complain of the Government

SMH

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Deensham: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
dominique:
I thought records of the every home's account is kept with the electric discos database, how come ordinary painting over the account number is what is preventing him from getting billed? He must be bribing the disco staff to stop giving him bills. If you want to report, don't report to the marketers and the engineers that connect and disconnect wires. They're the ones covering for him. Go to their complaints email and lodge a complaint

You may complain from now till eternity, those discos will do nothing if he bribes them. My neighbour is using light directly from the pole while on prepaid meter that never shows green. He just bribes them even if you report through their anonymous channel. We are the ones doing ourselves in this country, we are the ones still complaining.
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by KnowledgeIsVast(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
See as ur neighbor drop us update on how to evade PHCN BILLS 3 gbosa for him

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by aujile(m): 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
yellowgarri2:
How many Nigerians pay bills this days? In my area of residence, guys hardly pay bills.

5k is enough for a whole year using prepaid meter.

The light is steady because it's 33kva and the discos distributed free prepaid meter to each house.

Meter bypass is rampant here, everyone minds their business.

Op you are evil.

Mind your business to avoid general beating.
So i have an issue with EKDC, when i moved into my apartment, i was given my recharge box and i loaded 10k and after a month or so i loaded another 10k then followed by 5k when i needed to use nepa bill for something. Around July last year my family travelled and didn't come back till early this year. While they were away i wasn't using any appliance because i'm hardly home till around 11pm. And most times we don't even have light and whenever we do, it's usually too low to power anything other than bulb. Even fan won't be blowing enough to stop you from sweating if there's heat. So i was always running generator to do the things i needed to do with light.
Fast forward to September this year, they came to run checks and found out that someone did meter bypass. They checked my other meter and confirmed it was only that one person, however they cut my light saying that it has been long since i recharged my meter and billed me 35k.
How can it be a crime not to have recharged recently even when they confirmed and said that i didn't bypass the meter

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by GoodIsGod: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
Since he likes Free things, he must be a free agent and a freedom fighter from Freetown. But be careful with him he might also be a Freemason. You will be lucky, if he's a free-thinker. Therefore, it is wise to send him a gift this new year and let it be a Reffree jersey behind it Print the name, Jeffrey.
Since with him everything is free. Honour him. It is not easy coming across such wonderful people.
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by SirKriz(m): 2:11pm On Dec 30, 2022
Check this twitter thread on how to make an effective complaint to the Disco Company.https://twitter.com/UFOMMA/status/1605208839514628096?t=PX_QOpbDqvcC-N-F76m_Hw&s=19
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by acorntree(m): 2:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
yellowgarri2:
How many Nigerians pay bills this days? In my area of residence, guys hardly pay bills.

The light is steady because it's 33kva and the discos distributed free prepaid meter to each house.

Op you are evil.

Haaaaa. This is terrible o

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by acorntree(m): 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
aujile:

So i have an issue with EKDC, when i moved into my apartment, i was given my recharge box and i loaded 10k and after a month or so i loaded another 10k then followed by 5k when i needed to use nepa bill for something. Around July last year my family travelled and didn't come back till early this year. While they were away i wasn't using any appliance because i'm hardly home till around 11pm. And most times we don't even have light and whenever we do, it's usually too low to power anything other than bulb. Even fan won't be blowing enough to stop you from sweating if there's heat. So i was always running generator to do the things i needed to do with light.
Fast forward to September this year, they came to run checks and found out that someone did meter bypass. They checked my other meter and confirmed it was only that one person, however they cut my light saying that it has been long since i recharged my meter and billed me 35k.
How can it be a crime not to have recharged recently even when they confirmed and said that i didn't bypass the meter

At least just be loading 1k every month. They suspect their must be hanky panky somehow. No one trust anybody again in this country
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by otokx(m): 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
yellowgarri2:

Op you are evil.

And we want Nigeria to progress? How?
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by aujile(m): 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
acorntree:

At least just be loading 1k every month. They suspect their must be hanky panky somehow. No one trust anybody again in this country
They already removed my light, saying that i must pay the bill they gave me.
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by yellowgarri2(m): 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2022
otokx:

And we want Nigeria to progress? How?
Sorry ó patriot
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by yellowgarri2(m): 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
aujile:

You are a gentleman ó.

What did you later do?

Diplomacy doesn't solve everything bro.

Violence must be involved, I have home advantage.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by neoG(f): 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2022
God bless you. You have said it all
freeman67:

First of all, there is no small money for anything solar. Secondly, nothing beats NEPA (as we call it) light. The closest is diesel Generator but the diesel is no longer cheap and even with soundproof it still have some level of noise.

That said, the Disco Staff/agents are the ones frustrating people and forcing them to pay for what they don't consume because we clearly do not have alternatives. They just give targets like bank staff and distribute the target amount for all customers to pay not minding whether there is light or not. They leave in the same society and will surely reap what they sow. If they no reap am for tailor, them go reap am for mechanic, if not then go reap am for hospital. What goes around comes around.

Then we also have a lot of crooks as countrymen around masquerading as religious people. Imagine the number of people saying the op should not even dare talk about his neighbour using free light.

So if the Disco servicing them is assuming that it's only the ops account that is serving the whole compound and as such are billing him exorbitantly based on that, he should just keep quite.

That's why everything keep getting worse and the end doesn't seem to be near. What is wrong in someone paying for what he consumes for God sake?

You will see broad day scam/robbery called yahoo everyone will say mind your business. You see thief, mind your business, everyone will keep minding their business and everything keep getting bad. At the end it will get to everyone in a way or another. No matter how smart or how good you are in minding your business, the ills you see and turn the other eye will surely affect you one day.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by karmaolu1(m): 3:12pm On Dec 30, 2022
Use paint clean ur own too, else u keep paying

glasshouse:
I moved into a compound of 4 flats last year december . When I came in I noticed that all the flats are using estimated bill and we had our own different account number written on my gate .I then started paying #4500 per month for my flat .
Before I new it PHCN increased my own bill to #35k per month after #4500 for 3 months .
To cut the long story short I recently discovered that my neighbour used paint to clean his account number from his flat and has not being paying light bill into his account since January this year . Now PHCN are over billing me pls what do I do .
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by themanderon: 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2022
But wait oh how can they be billing a flat 35k estimated billing? Nigerians take a lot of shit. Are they paying for darkness or what?
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by acorntree(m): 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2022
aujile:

They already removed my light, saying that i must pay the bill they gave me.

Billed you 35k when you were not caught bypassing!! You've to fight it out with them. Don't pay any Kobo if you're honest but if it true there is some level of bypassing etc , you've no choice

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Gboom: 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
@ OP, my case is similar to yours, but I was a victim of circumstance in this case. I was living in a building of 4 flats (back flat downstairs), then, one of the tenants moved out and I moved into his place upstairs. The outgoing tenant told me point black that the prepaid meter is bad, and I can ask nepa people whether they can help me repair it. It was not up to one week that I moved upstairs then my neighbour reported me to nepa officer that came to unlock her locked prepaid meter that I'm using free light. The nepa officials came the third day to remove my wire and were telling me they will take me to court. I have to pay fine, mind you I paid for the prepaid meter almost the same time she paid for her prepaid meter while they brought her own within 6 months, my own was still pending. When I told the nepa oga that I've paid for the meter and they have allocated it to me, they fast the allocation within one week and that my neighour become ashamed

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
You're not supposed to pay for estimated billings.
Contact CPC, Consumer Protection Council.
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by aujile(m): 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2022
acorntree:

Billed you 35k when you were not caught bypassing!! You've to fight it out with them. Don't pay any Kobo if you're honest but if it true there is some level of bypassing etc , you've no choice
They actually confirmed with their mouth that there is no bypass on my meter.
We are still on the matter but they want to keep wasting the time i don't have by telling me to be coming to their office for one thing or the other. Shishi i no go pay
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by aujile(m): 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
yellowgarri2:
You are a gentleman ó.

What did you later do?

Diplomacy doesn't solve everything bro.

Violence must be involved, I have home advantage.
Matter is still pending because i have been very busy and don't need that their distraction right now
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by bombim(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2022
Are both of you using the same wire, if it the same call NEPA to disconnect it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Residents Of Unity Estate Counting Losses Following Govt Demolition. / Fire Guts Federal Mortgage Bank Building On Broad Street Lagos / Cost Of Building Plan For A 4-bed Room Bungalow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.