Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January (18668 Views)

My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! / How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? / How To Deal With Neighbour That Refuse Paying PHCN Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by weljewel: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2022
Thanks be to God Most High for forgiveness, prayer and counseling.
LEAVE IT TO THE LORD - Thank you for your word Lord God Almighty, capable Father the God of prophets.
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Pharovo(m): 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2022
Epicji:
I recently apply for stoppage of bill. In a month,we have light for about 10 time and they will bring bill of 20k. This shows l was paying for darkness instead of light.

I just got myself fairly used solar panel n bat3 with small moni.

Enjoying light 24 hrs

How far my Gee, how much you get the fairly used something. I’m in my early stage of web dev, Nepa dey use us do shege since like 4 months now. I’m looking to get affordable solar solution wey fit dey give me at least 6-7hours energy to power my laptop and phones and maybe one fan, then I go use generator support am. I Dey try cut cost as buying fuel everyday nor be beans. Abeg contact me WhatsApp o7o 355-251 five one
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Xkale1996(m): 9:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
glasshouse:
I moved into a compound of 4 flats last year december . When I came in I noticed that all the flats are using estimated bill and we had our own different account number written on my gate .I then started paying #4500 per month for my flat .
Before I new it PHCN increased my own bill to #35k per month after #4500 for 3 months .
To cut the long story short I recently discovered that my neighbour used paint to clean his account number from his flat and has not being paying light bill into his account since January this year . Now PHCN are over billing me pls what do I do .
is over to much guy, report to nepa office
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Gabangel(m): 9:42pm On Dec 30, 2022
glasshouse:
I moved into a compound of 4 flats last year december . When I came in I noticed that all the flats are using estimated bill and we had our own different account number written on my gate .I then started paying #4500 per month for my flat .
Before I new it PHCN increased my own bill to #35k per month after #4500 for 3 months .
To cut the long story short I recently discovered that my neighbour used paint to clean his account number from his flat and has not being paying light bill into his account since January this year . Now PHCN are over billing me pls what do I do .

Guy no too much talk. Go to NEPA office and report that you do not understand why they are now billing you #35000 instead of #4500. Tell them to come and check your equipment and the rest. We did something like this and we that use to pay 10k - 12k started paying 3-4k last two years ago. Its this year year that we got our bill up to 10K. NEPA does not over triple someones' bill like that. And don't tell them about your neighbour, let them come to the house and be the judge of that. And defend yourself with your own account stuff o.
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Talkizcheap: 2:38am On Dec 31, 2022
[quote author=glasshouse post=119530777]I moved into a compound of 4 flats last year december . When I came in I noticed that all the flats are using estimated bill and we had our own different account number written on my gate .I then started paying #4500 per month for my flat .
To cut the long story short I recently discovered that my neighbour used paint to clean his account number from his flat and has not being paying light bill into his account since January this year . Now PHCN

You ate the one paying your neighbors bill. Wise up
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by mediclife1987(m): 6:31am On Dec 31, 2022
yellowgarri2:
Fortunately it's Lagos state.

Lagos Outskirt.

Sango Ota? Make we hook up na...
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by yellowgarri2(m): 6:41am On Dec 31, 2022
mediclife1987:

Sango Ota? Make we hook up na...
Ikedc staff spotted
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by mediclife1987(m): 6:58am On Dec 31, 2022
yellowgarri2:
Ikedc staff spotted

LoL, wetin consign me.
Me sef just dey find better enjoyment like you bra.

Since last week Saturday, na yesterday dem just bring our light, so in essence we no geh light for 1whole week.

If I fit get rent for your area, e fit help my hustle. And also maybe I go see correct babe wey go dey oil my engine Wella for there too sha wink...
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by KingUka: 8:59am On Dec 31, 2022
peacefulhome:
Mine own neighbor , I don tire. The last time they payed was around October. Imagine 2k units up till now , they are yet to buy another units. Na look I just dey look them. Make God sha they bless me to the buy units each time the need arise.

Just buy oraimo Pilot 20000mAh 2.1A Fast Charging Power bank and charge it full. When next it finish just be using the power bank to charge your phone and wait 2 days if they won't buy units for the meter when they don't see light

Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by peacefulhome(f): 9:29am On Dec 31, 2022
KingUka:

Just buy oraimo Pilot 20000mAh 2.1A Fast Charging Power bank and charge it full. When next it finish just be using the power bank to charge your phone and wait 2 days if they won't buy units for the meter when they don't see light

Lol, I have oh. Just hate seeing others compound with electricity.
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by imoh4king(m): 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2022
GoodIsGod:
Since he likes Free things, he must be a free agent and a freedom fighter from Freetown. But be careful with him he might also be a Freemason. You will be lucky, if he's a free-thinker. Therefore, it is wise to send him a gift this new year and let it be a Reffree jersey behind it Print the name, Jeffrey.
Since with him everything is free. Honour him. It is not easy coming across such wonderful people.

Liar Liar
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 01, 2023
weslineo:
Just got prepaid meter.My bill was increased from 1700 to 27000 within a year.
I had to rush and get a prepaid Meter.Now I use between 6k to 9k monthly with all gadgets.

Speak to your landlord let him do the needful.

How did you apply?

How much?

How long did it take?
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by glasshouse(m): 11:32am On Jan 01, 2023
freeman67:

First of all, there is no small money for anything solar. Secondly, nothing beats NEPA (as we call it) light. The closest is diesel Generator but the diesel is no longer cheap and even with soundproof it still have some level of noise.

That said, the Disco Staff/agents are the ones frustrating people and forcing them to pay for what they don't consume because we clearly do not have alternatives. They just give targets like bank staff and distribute the target amount for all customers to pay not minding whether there is light or not. They leave in the same society and will surely reap what they sow. If they no reap am for tailor, them go reap am for mechanic, if not then go reap am for hospital. What goes around comes around.

Then we also have a lot of crooks as countrymen around masquerading as religious people. Imagine the number of people saying the op should not even dare talk about his neighbour using free light.

So if the Disco servicing them is assuming that it's only the ops account that is serving the whole compound and as such are billing him exorbitantly based on that, he should just keep quite.

That's why everything keep getting worse and the end doesn't seem to be near. What is wrong in someone paying for what he consumes for God sake?

You will see broad day scam/robbery called yahoo everyone will say mind your business. You see thief, mind your business, everyone will keep minding their business and everything keep getting bad. At the end it will get to everyone in a way or another. No matter how smart or how good you are in minding your business, the ills you see and turn the other eye will surely affect you one day.

Godbless you
Re: My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January by GloriousGbola: 6:31am On Jan 02, 2023
glasshouse:

are you absolutely sure of this?

if you are - this is what you can do?

register as a customer on your providers webpage

i am assuming ekedp or ikedc
once you have an account, you can register a complaint. the complaint must be detailed
as dominique said - get their customer care line and call with full details. you will have to provie your own info when doing this

3 from their website, or from the internet, you can spool out the details of their senior district managers. email them with this compiant. you can actually if you know how push this complaint all the way to the ceo.

there is a reason why the discos encourage you to report/snitch on energy theft

there is a logic behind crazy bills, and it is as follows

there is a meter on every transformer. so if the meter reads 500kw consumed this month - the energy meter readings of all the customers in the area are supposed to tally with this during reconciliation. it will not because of energy theft. so if the total from meter readings is 300kw - the discos will share the remaining 200kw among paying customers so the discos just pass off the excess as crazy bills. i guess part of the idea is that eventually the customers will realize that they are really paying their neighbours bills, as you are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Residents Of Unity Estate Counting Losses Following Govt Demolition. / Fire Guts Federal Mortgage Bank Building On Broad Street Lagos / Cost Of Building Plan For A 4-bed Room Bungalow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.