Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? (12391 Views)

Can A Staff Of FCTA Be Transfered To Federal Ministry? / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / What To Do When You Get Ghosted By A Potential Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by DenreleDave(m): 10:35am On Dec 30, 2022
I want to ask this guys. If you are working for someone in an organisation, informal organisation at that.

If the boss decides to sell the company, is it legal, morally or and constitutionally right to inform the staffs of the potential sales?

Should the boss just sell the company and care less about any decision the potential buyer decides to do with the staff who were unprepared for this?
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by rickpat(m): 10:38am On Dec 30, 2022
whether he tells the staff about a potential take over or sale of the company,it will not change anything with regards to how the new owners would treat the staff or run the company..NEW POLICIES MUST TAKE EFFECT

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Zonefree(m): 10:39am On Dec 30, 2022
The boss is not obligated to tell same way a landlord is not obligated to tell his tenants before selling his property.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by DenreleDave(m): 10:51am On Dec 30, 2022
Zonefree:
The boss is not obligated to tell same way a landlord is not obligated to tell his tenants before selling his property.

So it is not normal for a boss to call a staff meeting or just head of the dept and inform them abt the sale so that they can pass the message to their subordinates.

So the fate of the staffs should be left like that?

Is this how it works in corporate organisations too?

New007:
Moral grounds alone. Especially if he owns the place 100%. He will notify his staff about the change of ownership.

I think it is very bad to sell and didn't inform any staff.. I mean the senior staffs.... They are supposed to know......

Very sad mehnnnn.. angry angry angry angry angry

18 Likes

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by DenreleDave(m): 10:52am On Dec 30, 2022
rickpat:
whether he tells the staff about a potential take over or sale of the company,it will not change anything with regards to how the new owners would treat the staff or run the company..NEW POLICIES MUST TAKE EFFECT

Question is, is it legal or compulsory to inform the staffs abt what is coming ahead so that they can decide their fate b4 the sale happens?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Zonefree(m): 10:56am On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:

So it is not normal for a boss to call a staff meeting or just head of the dept and inform them abt the sale so that they can pass the message to their subordinates.

So the fate of the staffs should be left like that?

Is this how it works in corporate organisations too?
The Boss can only do that out of his compassionate heart not that he's obligated to do that. Abi, na the staff lend him money to fund the business

24 Likes

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by rickpat(m): 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:

Question is, is it legal or compulsory to inform the staffs abt what is coming ahead so that they can decide their fate b4 the sale happens?
it's not legal or compulsory for the management to inform staffers of potential take over...the management is not obligated to inform every staff

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by NwaNimo1(m): 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
Nope.......they'll sabotage the deal.

[img]https://giffiles./216/216380.gif[/img]

....tell them once the deal is sealed!

....then Japa!

41 Likes

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by qtguru(m): 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
rickpat:
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by FalseProphet1(m): 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
Nope he has no business telling them. It's his company and can do whatever he wants with it.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Cerebellum: 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
Zonefree:

The Boss can only do that out of his compassionate heart not that he's obligated to do that. Abi, na the staff lent him money to fund the business

Salary earners looking at you likesad

8 Likes

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Kingoslo(m): 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
Just the way buhari "wanted" handing over the sick country to a dimentia sick person... thank God Wise Nigerians got the hint and decided to take it back through P.O...

To ur question... bro they dont care, advice youself and make your plans so that nothing should take u unaware

14 Likes

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by President2001(m): 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
Not compulsory but depends on their relationship

4 Likes

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Trojan8(m): 12:20pm On Dec 30, 2022
Zonefree:

Jokes

1 Like

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by sslcrypt: 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
Not obligated
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by MorataFC: 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
Yeah
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by New007: 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2022
Moral grounds alone. Especially if he owns the place 100%. He will notify his staff about the change of ownership.

4 Likes

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by GloriousGbola: 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2022
The choice is yours.

You can either come out with it, or let staff get their own conclusions and ideas. There is no way you can keep it a secret.

The employees are also stakeholders in the company. You cannot run it by yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Parachoko: 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:
I want to ask this guys. If you are working for someone in an organisation, informal organisation at that.

If the boss decides to sell the company, is it legal, morally or and constitutionally right to inform the staffs of the potential sales?

Should the boss just sell the company and care less about any decision the potential buyer decides to do with the staff who were unprepared for this?

Inform them before selling so that dem go fit plan how to sort out themselves.
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by AgentGoat: 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2022
Cerebellum:

Salary earners looking at you likesad

How far
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by victorVIC1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
It is idle you inform them of the potential sales so they can plan accordingly. The employees have been an integral part of the company. Hence, informing them gives them some form of belongingness. But make sure you keep your eyes widely opened afterwards to ensure last minutes thefts or frauds are not perpetuated because this is sometimes the norm in companies that are approaching wind off or acquisition

2 Likes

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by alphaconde(m): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
it appears its the noble thing to do

but then the business owner shouldnt

i did it and regreted it.

in short to be nice this days na risk

so i told my driver i would sell his truck and give him another truck the way that guy left for competition broke my heart

i know how much i have lost

conclusion

conclude the deal before telling them

8 Likes

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by alabi484(m): 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
Morally, the staff should be informed but depending on the kind of staff, if dem be sensible and responsible people, they should be informed.

But if dem be eleribu people, gbeyalaya won shepe and join if dem call you to ask kweshun
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by VIKTO83(m): 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
In a sane setting, the boss will need to intimate the workers and during the change of ownership, there's need to include the policies that will protect the interest of employees in his new policies. That will include payoff and other incentives as might be helpful.
Same goes with selling of building that's occupied by tenants. The tenants need to be aware and the potential buyer MUST Be made to protect d interest of the occupants.

Anyway like I said, it's in a sane clime

1 Like

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by IGoComotYaTeeth: 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tinubu's boys stole Meek Mills phone
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Akwaibomdude(m): 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
Okay
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Pells1: 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
K
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Dshocker(m): 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
I think courtesy demands
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Cerebellum: 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
AgentGoat:

How far
Big man. I dey o

How your side
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Papichulostunne(m): 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
Zonefree:
That is where you are wrong
Only a wicked boss or landlord wont call together staffs or tenants to make them have plans.

Whoever wants to stay can who wants to look for another place can thwn make the moves

1 Like

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by DesChyko: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
At least, not immediately, but eventually. People have different reasons for working where they are and that must be respected.

Such an information will help both parties; help the business owner know the employee concerns and be confident of the state of the business he's about to sell of; and help the employees confidently key into the new project incoming.

1 Like

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
Zonefree:
Now, that's wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FCMB Fresh Graduate Internship Program 2017 / Secret About Dubai Job For Nigerians Immigrants / Passport Upload Issue FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.