Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom (12770 Views)

Woman Posing As Customer Kidnaps Two Siblings In Benue / Fire Kills Mother And Her 4 Children In Ebonyi (Graphic Photos) / Midnight Fire Kills 3 Kids In Anambra While Mother Was In Hotel With Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by NaijaCover(m): 11:51am On Jan 01, 2023
Update From . COM

A mysterious fire on Friday, December 30 burnt to death two siblings aged 6 and 3 at Udo Imuk street in Eket local government Area of Akwa Ibom State.

It was gathered that the incident occurred around 7:00pm when the parents of the kids locked them inside their one-room apartment to get some things in the neighbourhood.

A neighbour who spoke to journalists at the scene on Saturday said the cause of the inferno could not be ascertained noting that there was neither an electrical connection nor a candle or gas cylinder in the room that could have caused the inferno.

The father of the victims, Prince Ekpo in his narration said he left his phone in the room to give light to his children before going to take his injection as his wife had earlier gone to buy something at the neighbourhood.

He said upon his return he saw a crowd gathered around his house, and then he discovered that his apartment has been razed down and his two kids burnt to death.

“I came back and saw people crowded and discovered my two children were burnt dead and we don’t know the source of the fire”. He said

Also, the landlords; owners of the building, Bright and Godwin Peter Udo Imuk, speaking to newsmen reported not knowing the source of the outbreak.

“We didn’t notice when the fire started, we only heard an explosive sound and while going to check, the fire had gutted the room and spread to our rooms and parlour, we tried to remove our properties, but serious damages had been done already”.

According to him, “We called people to come and help us to quench the fire and I told my brother that children were inside the room and before we went for their rescue the children were roasted dead, our properties damaged”.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/01/01/mysterious-fire-kills-two-siblings-in-akwa-ibom/

1 Share

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by Tallesty1(m): 11:55am On Jan 01, 2023

A terrible way to end the year

5 Likes

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by NaijaCover(m): 11:59am On Jan 01, 2023
Tallesty1:

A terrible way to end the year

See More Bad News Via www.. Com
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by MrAdam: 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2023
Harmattan dry breeze is also a strong fire starter.. breeze ignited a long quenched ash that burnt crates and bottles and no one knew what was happening

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by muyico(m): 12:12pm On Jan 01, 2023
Thy lord knw d best! RIP to late kidz! u strted again dis yr with ur bad news?

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by muyico(m): 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2023
Why una no dey c gud news? Except bad news? But remembr? Anytinz person seek? He or she must surely c. Seek 4 gud news dis year? Shall be with you guyz?

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by ThoughtOfYou: 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2023
Very sad one
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by Frank25: 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2023
A very bad way to end the year..we need to be more careful this days

Meanwhile click like for peter obi and shares for tinubu

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by Oxb90: 1:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
No smoke without fire. Those children died in a painful way. Condolence to their parents.
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by NaijaCover(m): 1:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
muyico:
Thy lord knw d best! RIP to late kidz! u strted again dis yr with ur bad news?

Na Where, Man Dey Work, Na There, Him Dey See Him Own Food Take Chop My Brother
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by Jacob90: 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2023
Really so much bad,

Not good to start a new year like this
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by TastyFriedPussy: 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2023
Very,very Good....
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by BOLATINUBU01: 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2023
Rip to the dead
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by Coinmamax: 5:52pm On Jan 01, 2023
Hmmm

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:53pm On Jan 01, 2023
We called people to come and help us to quench the fire and I told my brother that children were inside the room and before we went for their rescue the children were roasted dead,
Terrible news for the family this New Year.
So sad.
RIP.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by ImoleNaija: 5:53pm On Jan 01, 2023
My heart is with the bereaved parents.
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by BOLATINUBU01: 5:53pm On Jan 01, 2023
Oxb90:
No smoke without fire. Those children died in a painful way. Condolence to their parents.
na you cause the fire?

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by bigdammyj: 5:54pm On Jan 01, 2023
Noted.
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by JoeyNaza: 5:58pm On Jan 01, 2023
Who locks kids to themselves inside a house.
Very risky.

4 Likes

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by seunmohmoh(f): 6:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
I
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by seunmohmoh(f): 6:16pm On Jan 01, 2023
Just like I got a call from my parents from lagos this morning that the kitchen caught fire without any cooking activities going on. No light, no electricity, nothing. Just grateful my mum hasn't gone to church if not... Mmm. Still a mystery how the fire came to be. burnt down everything in the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by NaijaCover(m): 6:19pm On Jan 01, 2023
post=119611565:

Terrible news for the family this New Year.
So sad.
RIP.

Is Back, This 2023
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by JoeNL22(m): 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2023
Obi please send a condolence message to their family.
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by purples25(f): 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2023
Why couldn't this man just sit there and wait until his wife returned? Couldn't he forfeit the injection for his kids? Men always seem jittery and eager to go out, especially when given little duties at home. They act like kids in adult bodies at times. Mummy went out, so he just had to go out too, because he is the man and she can't leave him there.

Well honestly I'm not blaming anyone. May this not happen to us. RIP to the poor kids.

4 Likes

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by Mccullum: 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2023
Very pathetic and disheartening.
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by EmahBoss(f): 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
Something started the fire. The parents are not opening up for fear of being blamed. Maybe they were boiling water...something that could have resulted to the fire was on...nothing mysterious

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by EmahBoss(f): 7:11pm On Jan 01, 2023
seunmohmoh:
Just like I got a call from my parents from lagos this morning that the kitchen caught fire without any cooking activities going on. No light, no electricity, nothing. Just grateful my mum hasn't gone to church if not... Mmm. Still a mystery how the fire came to be. burnt down everything in the kitchen.

The source of fire---gas, cylinder, stove or just about anything used for cooking was not quençhed properly. . we just like to absolve ourselves of blame in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by EmekaA125(m): 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
Wahala be like ceiling fan wey AkwaIbom/Calabar man repair. Na so so Uwem Effiong, Uwem Effiong, Uwem Effiong you go dey hear grin grin grin grin
Re: Mysterious Fire Kills Two Siblings In Akwa Ibom by Oxala17: 7:31pm On Jan 01, 2023
Stop leaving toddlers by themselves, they need constant supervision

I don't know why the average Nigerian tries to do the barest minimum of thinking, as if putting one's brain to work is hard labour or something. Shameful, just shameful

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Abducted At His Wedding In Kwara / 2 Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In Saudi Arabia / Herdsmen Kill 3 Farmers In Benue; Stray Bullet Kills 1 During Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.