Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,182 members, 7,845,882 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This (4275 Views)

With The Current Rate Of Japa, Is Poverty Rate Exaggerated In Nigeria? / This STATISTIC Proves That JAPA Is Not A Uniquely Nigerian Phenomenon / Japa Is A Goal! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by erico2k2(m): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2023
Treadway:
awon Omo ale ojouorolari
How does this affect me, I'm not Yoruba, so go an hug transformer, the VISA refusal beef is deep,

1 Like

Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by ahiboilandgas: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2023
justwise:

Criticising homeownership via mortgage is the highest level of ignorance. This is just false equivalency. If you don’t pay mortgage you pay rent , so which one is cheaper?
home ownership via mortgages in the west is a system design to keep working still 65 years with illusion! Any small down turn in growth and you loose your hourly job then you can loss you mortgage payment this fear keep you working like donkey and the capitalist need this labour for production ( it a fear tactics) since there homeless people ( increase your fear) even the equity down payment and all installments payment can be wipe out in 1 day when large unrelated collapse of Lehman brothers !You go dey UK they pay mortgage of 400,000 pounds house! Some idiots in america will trigger a collapse the same house will n
ow be 250,0000 in real sale value! That dey then one Mad man call putin go start war then federal reserve for America go raise rate the bank of England follow then me that is managing my life and pay 2000 pounds per month for 25 years will get letter say now na 2500 all this are illusion created by capitalist! Even if I finsh paying at 70 and die ! They still want to tax inheritance! (Haba ) but if you build you house for Nigeria for Alaka estate na truely yours! Notting concern me with Fed,ECB rate . The 2008 subprime morgatge fraud has proof that it was an illusion !

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by ahiboilandgas: 4:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
After the Canadian govt encourage citizen's and resident to take up home mortgages ! They just wake up one morning and say the houses are now beyond the reach of citizens and baning overseas investor from buying houses that house is not for profiteering ( hypocrite the Canadian mortgage firm are also profiteering) now with this announced houses value drop .houses value at 400k USD now 280k . So imagine a japarian hoping on his equity After 15 year of working in freezing cold! It an illusion ! 100 subscribe to the scheme (scam) 20 succed finsh paying ( we still collect inherit tax ) 50 losses out due to illiness or unemployment! 20 disappear to to increase monthly payments .

1 Like

Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by Treadway: 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
After the Canadian govt encourage citizen's and resident to take up home mortgages ! They just wake up one morning and say the houses are now beyond the reach of citizens and baning overseas investor from buying houses that house is not for profiteering ( hypocrite the Canadian mortgage firm are also profiteering) now with this announced houses value drop .houses value at 400k USD now 280k . So imagine a japarian hoping on his equity After 15 year of working in freezing cold! It an illusion ! 100 subscribe to the scheme (scam) 20 succed finsh paying ( we still collect inherit tax ) 50 losses out due to illiness or unemployment! 20 disappear to to increase monthly payments .
sure about the bolded bro? That news is only about 72hrs old. I don't think it will have such a swift effect.,although I understand that is the end game as it was the major reason the ban was effected, to crash housing cost.
Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by ahiboilandgas: 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2023
Treadway:
sure about the bolded bro? That news is only about 72hrs old. I don't think it will have such a swift effect.,although I understand that is the end game as it was the major reason the ban was effected, to crash housing cost.
yes that a 25 drop .it called shock! It might go up and stabilize or reprice to find it really value. The pounds did that with last prime minister .
Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by ahiboilandgas: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2023
Treadway:
it am illusion,of prosperity cos capitalism need endless growth and production but it unsustainable! If you announce stopping foreigner from buying property in Nigeria or Saudi Arabia the price is not change .If you yaba house na 50m na still 50m cos the prosperity was real back by real current income and worth not futurist .
Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
home ownership via mortgages in the west is a system design to keep working still 65 years with illusion! Any small down turn in growth and you loose your hourly job then you can loss you mortgage payment this fear keep you working like donkey and the capitalist need this labour for production ( it a fear tactics) since there homeless people ( increase your fear) even the equity down payment and all installments payment can be wipe out in 1 day when large unrelated collapse of Lehman brothers !You go dey UK they pay mortgage of 400,000 pounds house! Some idiots in america will trigger a collapse the same house will n
ow be 250,0000 in real sale value! That dey then one Mad man call putin go start war then federal reserve for America go raise rate the bank of England follow then me that is managing my life and pay 2000 pounds per month for 25 years will get letter say now na 2500 all this are illusion created by capitalist! Even if I finsh paying at 70 and die ! They still want to tax inheritance! (Haba ) but if you build you house for Nigeria for Alaka estate na truely yours! Notting concern me with Fed,ECB rate . The 2008 subprime morgatge fraud has proof that it was an illusion !

You have zero understanding of how housing or mortagge works, no sensible person buys a house and pay all in cash at once even when you have all the money, if you do that then you lack basic financial education

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by ahiboilandgas: 7:28pm On Jan 03, 2023
justwise:

You have zero understanding of how housing or mortagge works, no sensible person buys a house and pay all in cash at once even when you have all the money, if you do that then you lack basic financial education
how come Arab and Chinese are buying and paying up so they have no sense Abi . Mr I too know.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by justwise(m): 7:35pm On Jan 03, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
how come Arab and Chinese are buying and paying up so they have no sense Abi . Mr I too know.

They are not paying cash, you are just making things up as usual.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by ahiboilandgas: 7:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
justwise:

They are not paying cash, you are just making things up as usual.
so I I get 1m pounds and want to buy house of 250k pound it a crime in the UK for outright purchase I must be made to go through a installment payment for 25 years and pay interest even if I am a million at 60 ....ok oh .I dey fear ban i no talk again sir.
Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by Treadway: 8:14pm On Jan 03, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
yes that a 25 drop .it called shock! It might go up and stabilize or reprice to find it really value. The pounds did that with last prime minister .
wow you are current on this thing o. Kudos!

After your post I have been doing some reading and you are spot on. Apparently the value had been coming down for a while now sef before the news of the ban. Based on the reports, the risk exposure is crazzzzzy due to the properties being grossly overpriced... in the event of a bubble burst which seems almost inevitable, omo e go just be like bitcoin things grin
Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by Treadway: 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2023
More.

These zealots are being supported and encouraged, so much so they don't see just how primally stupid this all looks. I don't know pansophist personally but I am quite convinced that he is very very well travelled, yet this nigga who likely just got on a plane for the first time when he left Nigeria in his lazy mind believes pansophist na caveman because he shared unpopular opinion.

Many like that here, whom when you challenge them or share a diff point of view they just start talking inanities, such as
'dem deny you visa'...lol
MENT!

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by emmaodet: 7:39am On Jan 10, 2023
Treadway:
More.

There has been the talk about 20b diaspora remittance inflow too. As usual, any attempt to have intellectual and rational discussions mostly fail, but I was able to PROVE and show the illogicality that this diaspora remittance is what is keeping Nigeria afloat on the thread below. They are a major part of Forex inflows for now, YES, but only amount to 4% of the value of our total productivity (GDP). Therefore the 96% is what is keeping the country afloat as against the 4%. Commonsense right? Well it flew past many heads. All info and evidence on the argument are available on pg 20-23.

https://www.nairaland.com/7447390/lonely-part-canada-no-one/21

Now, see screenshot below by a japarian erico2k2 that responded to a very intelligent lineup of points by lagblogger.

See the hypocrisy now!
See the true negativity?!

The same people that called others negativist and pessimist, rubbished the efforts of the Nigerians who worked hard even in the shithole to contribute that 96% of the GDP. But when I say simple math that diaspora remittance is NOT keeping Nigeria afloat, someone like Mr Ibeokehie said I am putting fellow compatriots abroad down, imagine! For stating simple math that even a toddler understands. How 4 became major to these people and 96 became minor is a phenomenon that should be studied.

Ahibgoilandgas did justice by also giving more information about said inflow, which the tru negativists will not even consider because it would hurt their egos. I have added some too, polithiefcians send money that is part of that inflow, money laundering cartels send money to 'wash' wey dey part of that inflow (we can sha remember Invictus Obi if una no remember anyone else), yahoo boys clients wey send money na still part of that inflow, eBay writers (I used to do this) tech bros/sis and others who earn in foreign currency online, most here have NEVER considered these... But some clique in Nairaland think it is all them, and when you try to open their eyes to see, you are a negative person.

Gerrard59 how is this on the hypocrisy meter? You still think this is about trying to get a visa and failing? Or just about grown men acting like babies..

'Who are the hard-working Nigerians?' he asked. Imagine! Ask any of these Niggas to do 1m giveaway as Jeff bezos wey dem be dem no go fit ooo...lol
grin

Have been a silent reader of the argument between japarians and home based and to be honest, have learnt a lot from both side.
About remittance - when they claim 20b dollars is been remitted yearly, the question is about the outflow, it cancels out the inflow.
If i get 20b salary but 50b they commot for my hand, the account no balance.
we received 20b for a year yet about 30b was paid through form A to UK for school fees. That is 10b shortage already and that is just school fees, what about flight, visa fees etc and BTA that is taken there and this is just UK alone not to talk of US, Canada, Australia, Germany etc
So what we are even remitting abroad in a year is so staggering than, inflow becomes a chicken change.
Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by erico2k2(m): 8:40pm On Jan 11, 2023
emmaodet:

Have been a silent reader of the argument between japarians and home based and to be honest, have learnt a lot from both side.
About remittance - when they claim 20b dollars is been remitted yearly, the question is about the outflow, it cancels out the inflow.
If i get 20b salary but 50b they commot for my hand, the account no balance.
we received 20b for a year yet about 30b was paid through form A to UK for school fees. That is 10b shortage already and that is just school fees, what about flight, visa fees etc and BTA that is taken there and this is just UK alone not to talk of US, Canada, Australia, Germany etc
So what we are even remitting abroad in a year is so staggering than, inflow becomes a chicken change.
I dnt think U got the gist of remittance. This is not remittance to govt or via govt .this is ordinary money sent by ordinary people working abroad to help their Nigerian friends and families and to their savings account or direct investment ie properties etc. The value you see as figures are those captured ie via direct bank transfer, money gram western Union or other transfer mechanism however the money transferred by hand is not captured.ie Ese might gibe Ayo $1000 to give to his mum cash since he Ayo os going home for Christmas. Hope U now get the gist of remittance from abroad.
Also do not forget the Millions invested I'm sending Dad and Mum cars from Abroad.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by Treadway: 9:04am On Jan 12, 2023
Thankfully, I KNOW Emmaodet is an educated fellow and will know gibberish when he sees one.

Yea Emma, I have also touched on that a few times how the capital flight fuelled by japa over the last couple of years far exceeds whatever 20b Forex inflow the dudes keep dancing about. However, YES, the inflow is a significant portion of our Forex FOR NOW, but has little to no impact (except with the needy families that rely on it) in the general scheme of things as it is grossly insignificant to our total productivity and is mostly used clearly to fuel the japa process of other people, amongst other things. Like you said, 20b Forex enters, mostly finds its way to the black market where it is scooped up by others to fund the japa move.

Also for those who want to learn, in the simplest of terms diaspora remittance is when money is sent from someone overseas to someone in Nigeria through the banking system (which is why CBN can capture it). If anything, going by the warped logic of many here, Yahoo boys should be praised as keeping the economy afloat, cos I'm sure they receive more money from abroad running into tens of thousands of dollars when they are successful, not all these 200usd people dem wey no dey let person hear word.

So next time, all the Nairaland crusaders make noise about 20b Forex inflow do well to always remind them not to take all the credit, give the yahoo boys their due credit too! And yahoo boys is just one example, just one example of the many others aside economic emigrants that they are willfully oblivious too. Ordinary folks having a fucking saviour complex. The nerve!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by henro757: 12:29pm On Jan 12, 2023
Treadway:
Thankfully, I KNOW Emmaodet is an educated fellow and will know gibberish when he sees one.

Yea Emma, I have also touched on that a few times how the capital flight fuelled by japa over the last couple of years far exceeds whatever 20b Forex inflow the dudes keep dancing about. However, YES, the inflow is a significant portion of our Forex FOR NOW, but has little to no impact (except with the needy families that rely on it) in the general scheme of things as it is grossly insignificant to our total productivity and is mostly used clearly to fuel the japa process of other people, amongst other things. Like you said, 20b Forex enters, mostly finds its way to the black market where it is scooped up by others to fund the japa move.

Also for those who want to learn, in the simplest of terms diaspora remittance is when money is sent from someone overseas to someone in Nigeria through the banking system (which is why CBN can capture it). If anything, going by the warped logic of many here, Yahoo boys should be praised as keeping the economy afloat, cos I'm sure they receive more money from abroad running into tens of thousands of dollars when they are successful, not all these 200usd people dem wey no dey let person hear word.

So next time, all the Nairaland crusaders make noise about 20b Forex inflow do well to always remind them not to take all the credit, give the yahoo boys their due credit too! And yahoo boys is just one example, just one example of the many others aside economic emigrants that they are willfully oblivious too. Ordinary folks having a fucking saviour complex. The nerve!
what gibberish are you spilling here? u lot must be on some cheap supply. Remit via CBN bro are you high really haven't got a clue have you?
what has money sent via a money transfer agent on the high street of Peckham got to do with CBN?
Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by henro757: 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
erico2k2:

O dnt think U got the gist of remitqnce.This os not remittance to govt or via govt.this is ordinary money sent by ordinary people working abroad to help their Nigerian friends and families and to their savings account or direct inbestment ie properties etc..The value you see as figures are those captured ie via direct bank transfer,money gram western Union or other transfer mechanism however the money transfered by hand is not captured.ie Ese might gibe Ayo $1000 to give to his mum cash since he Ayo os going home for christmas.Hope U now get the gist of remittance from abroad.
Also do not forget the Millions invested I'm sending Dad and Mum cars from Abroad.
I think you got a point bross,Wire wire boys carry 1st on this one, infact Aza men remit via 3rd party agents we get mega naira I n 9ja and accounts abroad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by Treadway: 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
henro757:

what gibberish are you spilling here? u lot must be on some cheap supply. Remit via CBN bro are you high really haven't got a clue have you?
what has money sent via a money transfer agent on the high street of Peckham got to do with CBN?
trash
Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by Treadway: 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2023
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/filthy-riches-2-yahoo-boys-revelations-how-we-scout-for-victims-make-billions/

The internet is awash with tales of 'clients' who have been swindled in most singular cases, to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars, by a Nigerian hustler..lol. Maybe Henro757 is giving us a scoop of his own scope of yahoo business in Peckham UK, but hey who gives a fvck..even the initial commenter he referenced with his very poorly worded submission that was a pain to read, also talked about Western Union trfs as part of what is captured. As this one come run inside thread dey talk from both sides of his mouth suppose surprise person, but certainly not me, as I don dey used to the shenanigans.

Re: Japa: Is This Not Hypocrisy? What Do You Think Of This by ahiboilandgas: 6:14am On Jan 13, 2023
Sources: standard.co.uk
Care home worker jailed for stealing thousands of pounds in savings from vulnerable residents.

Abiola Akinremi was jailed at the Old Bailey for defrauding vulnerable patients at the care home where she worked

Abiola Akinremi was jailed at the Old Bailey for defrauding vulnerable patients at the care home where she worked / MPS
Acare home worker who plundered almost £20,000 from the savings of vulnerable residents has been jailed for seven months.

Abiola Akinremi, 41, abused her position as an administrator at the facility, Bostall House in Abbey Wood, southeast London, to make dozens of unauthorised withdrawals from the bank accounts of patients.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Of The Most Polluted Places In The World / Abeg How Much Is Transport Fare From Benin To Akwa-ibom? / Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.