Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? (12566 Views)

Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex? / Do Married Men Go Home After Work? / Why Do Married Men Run After Young Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by NatGas(m): 10:10am On Sep 04, 2011
I work offshore so Yfy gets all the privacy she would need when am away so when am back what the he-ll is privacy?he-ll no!
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by hassymo5(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2011
PRIVACY IN MARRIAGE HELL NO
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by xynerise: 11:06am On Sep 04, 2011
ping pong:

You see women!!!!!!  if na man de demand this privacy now, wahala go de.
true talk.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by ismaeel86(m): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2011
Marriage is an institution where 2 adults have agreed to live together as one till death separate[right][/right] them. if the couples love each other i dont think they should be anything like privacy, your private life is your relationship and who are u having the relationship with? wives should not keep any secrets from their wives likewise the husband too. it is when one party start hiding things from the other that the issue of suspicion start cropping up, and when suspicion start in a relationship, it can crumble everything that is built over many years. therefore, i don't think there should be any privacy in marriage.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by MMM2(m): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2011
privacy 2 cheat angry

1 Like

Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Smilenw(f): 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2011
@ Topic

I may not agree to the privacy talk if it is about the wife having activities of her own, a lifestyle of her own which includes friends of whom the husband knows nothing about. That doesn't mean the wife needs to give a detailed account of her daily activities to her husband. Itz just that the couple has to be aware of what is happening in each others life, lest you prefer to hear things from a third person.

However the answer to the question will be a big resounding yes if the privacy thing is about the wife having some quiet time of her own in a day.C'mon everyone desrves it, right?

1 Like

Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by babaowo: 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2011
privacy in marriage had cost many couple to lost their relationship.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by omotonice: 1:01pm On Sep 04, 2011
i think it depends on d kind of privacy.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by God2man(m): 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2011
Yes, everyone deserves privacy. However, they should be carefull with the kind of privacy they are keeping so that it will not lead to fighting. Your character is what you are in the secret,when nobody is looking at you. That is your privacy.When you begin to request for privacy, then it is questionable, watch out! It could lead to an unimaginable problem. God bless you. God2man.

1 Like

Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 04, 2011
What about husband,will his wife give him some privacy?in marriage,privacy is not good.secrets should be shared.at times,privacy may be dangerous.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Galaxy7: 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2011
Gud to have privacy,it's our fundamental right
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Roland17(m): 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2011
Today's modern married woman and her wants in marriage!!!!!, how would women feel if their men begin to ask for some very serious privacy?

I have always told married people this proverb "Be very careful of what you wish for, so that your wish does not haunt you in future"
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by stunna2(m): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2011
@ OP
my answer above is yes, a woman like every other human need her privacy weather she is married or not but having said that, those of you women here tryna hijack privacy to mean buying and hiding shoes in the house with the family's cash or credit, !?! hmmm, your husband better not be doing a second job just to "take care of" the family because you think it's ur right to secretly spend the family 's money on frivolous things!!

besides, if you have 5 new pairs of shoes and wear them and your husband does not notice and make a comment, then you should be really worried! my father says every lie is a pregnant lie, and im sure everybody knows y this is very true!!

the need for intimacy and privacy must be balanced in a marriage, period.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^^If na that one I don fail finish be that. We were once invited for one event in Naija a long time ago where every spouse is asked a few questions about their other half. Just to know how much you know who you married (Yea, I dragged him there, did I forget to mention that?. I remember been asked amongst heaps, how many times my husband shaves his bia bia every month ,how many wristwatches he's got as well as ties, his favorite prayer line and so on. They reach my own turn, and asked him what kind of hair look I love wearing, my favorite perfume, best color, the position I love sleeping in and so on. Anyways they got to makeup and he wasn't able to answer that one because he said he hardly sees me with my face painted like kids learning how to draw with water color. Then they asked him, my best casual outfit, he answered that one, they asked him how many jean pants I have in the closet, the dude just looked at the guy, cleared his throat and laughed. Everybody laughed, then they asked him how many pairs of shoes I have and which is my favorite, see my oga charge with vex and asked the man "Ahn ahn, this is not fair now, how can you ask me such a question? even my wife does not know how many she has, why should I? In fact I barely have enough space to fix in the few pairs I've had for years" . Like say the man wan know him life story.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2011
chaircover:

LOL I just keep contraband in the boot of my car and wait until the coast is clear before bringing them in one by one and then hide them. The problem I find with hiding things is that you forget where they are  embarassed

Now I know why Mr CC's refused to buy the x5. That big car? the dude is so scared that you might close down one huge Louis Vuitton store and hide it inside that car.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by N101: 7:04pm On Sep 04, 2011
Do we really mean privacy or is it another word for personal space?

There are very very few things in marriage that should be kept private, but personal space, I would say both need it at some point.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by DaDoctor: 11:09am On Sep 05, 2011
Privacy for wat na?

NO NO NO. IT WOULD GIVE ROOM FOR CHEATING. FOR ME AND MY WIFE WE SHARE ALMOST EVRYTHING AND SHE EVEN KNOWS HOW WELL TO PICK MY CALL.

THOSE NOT MARRIED WONT UNDERSTAND WHAT MARRIAGE IS. HENCE THEY MAY BE POSTING OUT OF IN EXPERIENCE.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by idmoore(m): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
i tink the issue of privacy in a relationship or marriage is unavoidable because consciously or unconscious you a maintain a private mood to meditate and re-strategize yourself for whatever reason you want that for but we should only be mindful to avoid our privacy effects our spouse mood or willingness to share moments or have fun together.
privacy is inevitable eitheir consciously or unconsciuosly as i said but we should not use it to effect our spouse emotions and the best moments for privacy is when the other spouse is not around or busy with either home shores or office files or relaxing alone.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by iaabc(f): 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2011
In my opinion, it is necessary for couples to have their own time to do whatever they want to do without the other person breathing down their neck. i believe it helps to reinforce the marriage. Women especially need this time particularly if they have children, they just need their own time off to do their own thing while the dad can experience the joy of being around the kids all day. Couples should also have private times away from the kids too, to do things they enjoy, not only at night wink
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2011
some people (well one particularly annoying fellow) cannot help but insult "Everyone" even before he has read their post. a pitiable situation really
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by queensmith: 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2011
I wouldnt think so? is it to change her underwear or what?

I dont expect my husband to hide anything from me. . . unless he's buying me a present or throwing a surprise party!
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Thirst4Lif: 12:58am On Sep 06, 2011
Everyone needs privacy. No one person belongs to another. Only an insecure man or woman

wants to know what their mate is doing and thinking every second of every day.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by nassiwa: 6:38am On Sep 06, 2011
Married women like men also need their privacy from their husbands.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by lillyveezy: 10:29am On Sep 06, 2011
The bible says and the two shall become one, why need privacy if there is nothing fishy?

WHY DO I GET THE IMPRESSION U UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE DOWN SIDE UP? DOES IT SAY NO PRIVACY WHEN 2 ARE ONE?

1 Like

Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On Sep 15, 2012
iaabc: In my opinion, it is necessary for couples to have their own time to do whatever they want to do without the other person breathing down their neck. i believe it helps to reinforce the marriage. Women especially need this time particularly if they have children, they just need their own time off to do their own thing while the dad can experience the joy of being around the kids all day. Couples should also have private times away from the kids too, to do things they enjoy, not only at night wink

I don't think what is described above can be considered "Private" time. Privacy has "secrecy" that goes along with it and I doubt women hanging out with their kids, or with friends, necessarily do so in secret or so they can do things in secrecy.

Privacy and Marriage are two opposite words in my opinion. A marriage is supposed to be WITHOUT SECRETS so I don't understand why some now suggest that there should be SECRETS/Privacy from the other partner in the marriage. If a woman needs time away from her partner, that should be understood since she is a human being and needs to breath often but should this be PRIVATE in the sense that the details of what went on during this time be kept from the other partner? I say NO.

1 Like

Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
lillyveezy:

WHY DO I GET THE IMPRESSION U UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE DOWN SIDE UP? DOES IT SAY NO PRIVACY WHEN 2 ARE ONE?

When two become one, it implies NO PRIVACY(NO SECRETS really) unless you are able to tell us that you can keep secrets even from your own self. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Michmat(m): 10:18pm On Sep 18, 2012
Privacy after marriage is not to be welcome by couples because 1 + 1 = 1.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Betuch2012: 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2012
[quote author=debrief08]Yes we do. My husband introduced me to one of there wonderful family traditions. My mother in law has 5 boys and she did a wonderful job training them to love their wives. Once a month, all d men in their family give their wives a whole weekend off, the wife chooses where she wants to go and the men will pay for the mini holiday, my father in law used to always say a happy wife is a happy home so he started this culture with his wife and his boys have followed. Mine is d 3rd saturday of each month, if I choose to stay at home and laze around then he takes the baby and goes out, orders me lunch and snacks. Sometimes I use my weekend to go to the spa, or the mall. I have breakfast there watch a movie and shop. This once a month break is really beautiful and I come home happy, refreshed and sweety usually gets a great reward that night. All women need some measure of privacy and "me" time[/quote

Hello @debrief, I ve been following ur comments on NL for some time. Can u pls help me with ur email address as I need ur advice on a pressing issue. Thanks.
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Jellitah: 11:05am On Feb 05, 2013
Oh yes! Always.
And vice versa!

Familiarity breeds contempt! kiss
Re: Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? by Jellitah: 7:46am On Feb 09, 2013
A lot of privacy. . .to avoid BOREDOM!!!
You can be close without being 'suffocating'! kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

21 Years Old Boy Marries 52 Years Old Woman / Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? / Is The Fear Of Sagamite The Beginning Of Wisdom???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.