Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,861 members, 7,844,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Who Is The Best Governor That Has Ever Ruled Your State From From 1999 Till Date - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Governor That Has Ever Ruled Your State From From 1999 Till Date (2211 Views)

The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) / History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date / No Igboman Has Ever Ruled Nigeria At Any Point In Time, Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Governor That Has Ever Ruled Your State From From 1999 Till Date by lordaltruist(m): 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2023
Eden007:

Akwa ibom is Udom Emmanuel. He has outperformed Akpabio. Akpabio was only a noise maker but Udom Emmanuel concentrated on meaningful projects and not white elephant projects like Akpabio.
Akpabio was good but Udom is better

I was hoping I would catch an idiot like you to put you in your place.
If not for Akpabio would you have the audacity to say anything here?
Akpabio transformed Akwa Ibom into what it is known today. Nobody knew Akwa Ibom until Akpabio took over government and brought it to like light.
What did Udom do? Playing ethnic politics.
When Akpabio was on seat every region felt his government even his concentration was more on the state capital. Even up till today his legacies still stand out.
Udom killed Uyo and Akwa Ibom of what Akpabio made it, Akwa Ibom was fun to be when Akpabio was on seat but today it's the opposite. I was embarrassed to call myself Akwa Ibomite when I visited Uyo last year December compared to the Uyo I have visited 10-14years ago.
If you are sincere you would agree with me that it is Akpabio who made Akwa Ibom to be known because we were only referred to as Calabar people without differentiating Cross River from Akwa Ibom.
Re: Who Is The Best Governor That Has Ever Ruled Your State From From 1999 Till Date by sageb: 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2023
obembet:
It's Visible to the blind and audible to the deaf
that Oloye Bisi akande remain the best Governor in Osun State.

Abdukareem Adebisi Bamidele Akande was elected governor of Osun State in April 1999, running for the Alliance for Democracy (AD) party, which had recently formed as a political arm of the Yoruba socio-cultural organization Afenifere.

Here is the little achievement of Chief Bisi Akande,

1. Akande implemented his party's programs for providing free education and free medical care, and improved water supplies.

2. He also built the State Government Secretariat at Abeere, Osogbo.

3.It should be recalled that Chief Bisi Akande, constructed so many roads, when he was the Governor of the State without borrowed a dime.

Who is the best governor that has ever ruled your state from from 1999 till date?

Source: Obembe Tosin

Nlfpmod
Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44

For the South souťh Geopolitical zone.

Rivers state - Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi

Bayelsa state - DSP Alamieseigha

Delta state - James Ibori

Akwa Ibom - Godswill Akpabio

Cross River state - Donald Duke

Edo state - Adams Oshomhole
Re: Who Is The Best Governor That Has Ever Ruled Your State From From 1999 Till Date by Eden007(m): 8:09pm On Jan 07, 2023
lordaltruist:

I was hoping I would catch an idiot like you to put you in your place.
If not for Akpabio would you have the audacity to say anything here?
Akpabio transformed Akwa Ibom into what it is known today. Nobody knew Akwa Ibom until Akpabio took over government and brought it to like light.
What did Udom do? Playing ethnic politics.
When Akpabio was on seat every region felt his government even his concentration was more on the state capital. Even up till today his legacies still stand out.
Udom killed Uyo and Akwa Ibom of what Akpabio made it, Akwa Ibom was fun to be when Akpabio was on seat but today it's the opposite. I was embarrassed to call myself Akwa Ibomite when I visited Uyo last year December compared to the Uyo I have visited 10-14years ago.
If you are sincere you would agree with me that it is Akpabio who made Akwa Ibom to be known because we were only referred to as Calabar people without differentiating Cross River from Akwa Ibom.

Are you talking about being known or actual development? I shouldn't respond to this because you started this argument with an insult. It still boils down to what I said, Akpabio had very good publicity but Udom performed better with meaningful projects.
Both Governors did well, but IN MY OPINION..Udom is the better.
Re: Who Is The Best Governor That Has Ever Ruled Your State From From 1999 Till Date by lordaltruist(m): 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2023
Eden007:

Are you talking about being known or actual development? I shouldn't respond to this because you started this argument with an insult. It still boils down to what I said, Akpabio had very good publicity but Udom performed better with meaningful projects.

What is response, why quote me then?
Well for your information, your opinion sickens me.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Akpabio had very good publicity but Udom performed better with meaningful projects.

Just imagine the rubbish. We you have been able to brag about Akwa Ibom State if not for Akpabio or you are just being sentimental?
At the stage Akwa Ibom State was when Akpabio took over, it needed that publicity to drive in investor; to show the world that Akwa Ibom State is the destination to be how else would investors come to invest in a place they don't know?
My dear the truth is Akpabio is miles ahead of Udom. It is Udom that is doing publicity on projects he did not and has not done.
Re: Who Is The Best Governor That Has Ever Ruled Your State From From 1999 Till Date by Benmob: 8:35pm On Jan 08, 2023
As my state imo never get better governor,my turn to Anambra and my answer Peter obi,why my other state ogun- very hard but I have to say Amosun.
Re: Who Is The Best Governor That Has Ever Ruled Your State From From 1999 Till Date by akpunda86: 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2023
obembet:

Kindly state the reason why Sullivan I Chime remain the best Governor in Enugu maybe someone might see something different

Nlfpmod FP

It plenty ohhhhh if only humpty Dumpty continued from where he stopped.

Peter Mbah is coming to decay the state,Enugu about to be worse than Abia.
Re: Who Is The Best Governor That Has Ever Ruled Your State From From 1999 Till Date by tuborme: 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2023
Odin13:
Osun … Oyin..

Ogun Gbenga ..

Anambra .. Obi..

Imo .. Ohakim

Akwaibom.. Akpabio

Kano .. Kwankwanso

Kaduna Elrufia

Gombe .. Dankwabo..

Enugu .. Nnamani

Calabar.. imoke..

Ebonyi .. Ekwu..Umahi

Lagos Fashola

Bornu .. Zulum

Oyo.. Ladoja .. Ajimobi

Ekiti.. Fayose Fayose Fayose

Abia Orji Kalu

Northwest are basically Islamic..

Taraba.. ishaku..

Ondo .. Mimiko.. Agagu focused more on roads .. and rural areas

Remove nnamani for Enugu and put Sullivan

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Andrew Liver Salt Campaign Rally… Niger State Branch. / How The Northerners Share Our Oil Wealth / Picture: Myth And Truth About The Three Statue Elders In Lagos City Entrance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.