Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,295 members, 7,860,718 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:50 PM

Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy (36676 Views)

‘Dear Easterners, I’m Not Sorry’, Brymo Stands By Igbo Presidency Comment / Presidency May Take Over NDDC From Niger Delta Ministry / 2023 Presidency May Set Tinubu, Osinbajo Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
bonechamberlain:
these people can no longer hide their hatred. You can imagine what would happen to the easterners if Tinibu wins. It's very terrible. Even the Northerners don't have this kind of hatred. There is absolutely no correlation with Adichie accepting a traditional title, rejecting a national award and Biafra agitation but it's election season igbophobia must continue to be sounded, surprisingly it's coming from people you would expect to be descent. Peter Obi really dealt them a huge blow with his emergence.
Observe the northern man and you will see a big difference in political decorum when compared to those from the west. If you are a neutral this observation will not be lost on you. Go to the politics section and you will see concurrent threads attacking Igbos daily there.

6 Likes

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by jcross19: 6:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
I honestly feel for Obi seriously

The show of shame of his campaign and the bad name he gave Psquare the upcoming artists performing in an empty field in PH is so embarrassing

I honestly feel for him on a more serious note

I sincerely wish he will not giveup in contesting again after the election

Joke apart, I honestly feel for him
feel for your unfair life you have!! This is not about party but about masses the masses are damn suffering in the street , no where is saved anymore, aha aha we have not had it so bad like this... This evil and it's time for the masses to take their future back if not! Is going to be disastrous in the coming four years..

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Eriggs: 6:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
Guardiola84:

If Una like make una write from here reach Jamaica we are voting Peter Obi , 25 Feb is around d corner ,e go shock u mumu heads !!
who stopped you from voting your PandoraObituary now, why r u crying

1 Like

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by byinks(f): 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2023
The question Brymo should've asked is is Adichie voting for Peter Obi in the next election ?
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Pclemenza: 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2023
einsteine:
Well, people (especially in the core North) don't trust Igbos due to the Biafra issue. Until Jonathan came, no armoury was sited in the South East and no Igbo man had been the Chief of Army Staff. There is a great deal of concern on how much boldness an Igbo presidency would give to the Igbo elite and how safe that would be for the Northern Elites. This would work against Peter Obi and indeed any Igbo president.

Rather than share a country with whom you don't trust, how about you approve for secession.

Thinking out loud.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Eriggs: 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
AkpaMgbor:

Only a jobless person will waste precious time reading whatever copy and paste gibberish you post on nairaland.
see as dis one dey cry on top aunyy MANNA post grin e dey pain am die anytime he see her post. U go wail, u go tire.
Dem MANNA carry on dey pepper dem eyes,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Oxala17: 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
AkpaMgbor:

The Yorubas are inadvertently allowing the worst of the worst in their midst to run roughsod because of politics. This same award was treated with disdain by TENI and most people were behind her. NOBODY made it a Yoruba thing. I have never seen a people so neck deep in ethnic bigotry like these guys. My goodness!

Look, Brymo is not a spokesman for Yoruba people, okay? His opinion is personal to him and applies to him alone.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Arkmanbuddy(m): 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
Odin13:
Yoruba tribe of southwest Nigeria and their bitter hatred towards igbos in southeast Nigeria is something need to be studied in theology..

Devil no hate humanity reach like this ..

Ah ah

What’s is happening?

Yoruba people self ..

Out of over 400 ethnic group .. wetin go make a self acclaimed Sophisticators to hate one tribe with so much passion

And the worst is trying to spread the hate around and then in their hallucinations they believe all Nigerians Dey reason like Yoruba people

You see why I keep saying power yo north.. na after election .. Yoruba people go understand how Nigerians deeply hate tufaced idibia and green snakes in green grass..

Obi will lose .. but the loss of Yoruba will be more resounding .. all over Nigeria

February is here ..

The hatred Yoruba sowed .. is what Yoruba will reap ..

Haba!

Dan Bayerebe banza shege !!

I hate pigs and urchins

The same Yorubas that have been sheltering you miserable lots? The same Yorubaland where you can move and work freely?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by UnfairLife7(m): 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
jcross19:
feel for your unfair life you have!! This is not about party but about masses the masses are damn suffering in the street , no where is saved anymore, aha aha we have not had it so bad like this... This evil and it's time for the masses to take their future back if not! Is going to be disastrous in the coming four years..
Hahahahaha

You guys are comedian biko

So na Obi go end suffering just as he ended suffering in Anambra ba?

Obi naming ceremony campaign is a show of shame

This is so embarrassing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
All i can deduce from brymo is that he is a bitter and a tribalistic person,which is bad.
One thing i know is that a such person does not go far in life.

4 Likes

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Stillhere: 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
Odin13:
Yoruba tribe of southwest Nigeria and their bitter hatred towards igbos in southeast Nigeria is something need to be studied in theology..

Ah ah

What’s is happening?

Yoruba people self ..

Out of over 400 ethnic group .. wetin go make a self acclaimed Sophisticators to hate one tribe with so much passion

And the worst is trying to spread the hate around and then in their hallucinations they believe all Nigerians Dey reason like Yoruba people

You see why I keep saying power yo north.. na after election .. Yoruba people go understand how Nigerians deeply hate tufaced idibia and green snakes in green grass..

Obi will lose .. but the loss of Yoruba will be more resounding .. all over Nigeria

February is here ..

Haba!

I hate pigs and urchins

The HATRED the Yoruba Tribe have for Igbos really needs to be studied. The thing is out of this world. Even Hausa's don't hate Igbos that much. The hatred is soo DEEP. Even their men of God are not left out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by 5starMan: 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
oyin44:
Obi is not familiar with the people of the north and south west...

Don't you see how they look at him as a person whom they could hardly relate with ..

Compare him to how Nigerians embrace tinubu and atiku even in south east ..
They are more familiar with corrupt people
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by hammerT: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
kingmaster2009:

Your lineage are already in mourning your loved ones right away because the disaster that will ravage your entire lineage will create a senselss mourning and sorrow .....

Oni kuure

SO, U WANT TO SHARE COUNTRY WITH IGBOS SO YOU CAN ABUSE THEM AND SWEAR FOR THEM AND BE A TRIBALIST RACIST?

IS DAT Y U WANT ONE NIAJERIA?

IS DAT WAT NAIJERIA IS 4?

NO AFONJA, TELL US?
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
dyera:
Just as Jonathan becoming the president went a long way in quelling the agitation of Niger Delta, same way an Igbo man becoming the president will go a long way in quelling the tension in the south east.

I still remember Tompolo threatening war should Jonathan lose the 2011 presidential election and as a Niger Deltan I actually shared his sentiment, I'm sure other Niger Deltan must have felt the same.
GEJ didn't contest under a small party... He contested under PDP a big party... Again an Igbo man becoming president solve no biafra agitation matter... A president doesn't represent one tribe but all... So quit this chat... In 2023 it either tinubu or Atiku for president... Maybe in 2027 if an Igbo person gets PDP ticket he or she stands a chance... Ok...
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
Acidosis:

Igbos can't be president because of IPOB but you f00ls (Brymo and his likes) voted Buhari twice despite everything Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, and ISWAP did and still doing in this country.
The thing dey baffle you abi? The same people who voted a military dictator, not just a dictator but one who upturned a democratically elected government of the people and by the people. These guys voted in such a man to reap the fruit of something he destroyed decades ago, like help me make sense of that! Imagine if an Igbo general did something similar to that and deposed a sitting president....oh wait that has happened before and Igbos are still called all sorts of names till today. But they rewarded Buhari with presidency TWICE.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Soner34r: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
Gsysg

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by 5starMan: 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
post=119743005:
It will happen one day when we Igbos learn and start playing politics the right way.......

Unfortunately, we told them the below 8 years ago,
2014, but our people never listened to us.
2023 would have been the best and perfect time for us Igbos to Rule, but for where, they pitched their tent with politics of hatred and bitterness.
It's a shame.
The below is the HARD TRUTH, for your reading pleasure.

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party.
The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda.
So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe.
I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake.
Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence.
The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.
That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 
Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'.
We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who 

Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today.
Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023".
"Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one and a half tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?
really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary responses from nonentities .
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 

Please, people should stop getting it twisted.
Not all Igbos are Igbos cannibals, murderers and animals.
We igbos are great, sensible and good people.
We won't allow some miscreants and cannibals that are not up to 1% of our tribe/population to keep giving us bad image in the face of other Nigerians and the WOLRD at large.

We will keep making this clear everytime we come across where anyone want to juxtaposed us together with forests animals , AKA Igbos swines.
We are not cannibals in our tribe, we do not eat human beings...... NEVER!!

We Rise.
Yoruba efulefu claiming Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
Eriggs:
see as dis one dey cry on top aunyy MANNA post grin e dey pain am die anytime he see her post. U go wail, u go tire.
Dem MANNA carry on dey pepper dem eyes,
You're in the 4th stage of rabies infection.

4 Likes

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Injera(f): 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER1:
I used to like this guy songs, but wetin bring Chimamanda's title for politics now ?

Don't tell me you envious of her accomplishments

What's with this hate against ndigbo?

Nigerians are certainly not one Nigerians, there is no such thing as one Nigeria! The hate and tribalism against ndigbo is at the apex level.

I have deleted everything brymo on my phone, rubbish. This 2023 will be war against tribalism
Reverse psychology. Rather it is ibos that hate everyone else including themselves.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Mccullum: 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
Igbo presidency is no attainable with what is ground now, except if one can

believed that if Indian qualify for the senior FIFA world, that it's possible for

India national team to win it.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by jcross19: 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Hahahahaha

You guys are comedian biko

So na Obi go end suffering just as he ended suffering in Anambra ba?

Obi naming ceremony campaign is a show of shame

This is so embarrassing
tinubu of 2007 is not the same , even the tinubu you urchins are crying for has no antecedent, we need an healthy man with a foresight that can rescue our dying economy which will have enormous impact on the masses.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Gingerbreadman2: 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
AkpaMgbor:

Observe the northern man and you will see a big difference in political decorum when compared to those from the west. If you are a neutral this observation will not be lost on you. Go to the politics section and you will see concurrent threads attacking Igbos daily there.

Same observation I've made. Anytime anybody tells you igbo won't rule Nigeria, it's always a Yoruba person. Never any other tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Psady(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
AkpaMgbor:

Only a jobless person will waste precious time reading whatever copy and paste gibberish you post on nairaland.
Yes! It's a hard pill to swallow, yet it's the bitter truth. The game is called politics (play it or u get played)., Where are the staunch Igbo politicians that are suppose to be in the fore front in every political party, very few(numbers is an asset) even with a stained past. I had love for an ibo presidency and so wished for it so there would be a balance in the power shift, but that tribe has not got it right till this long. The labour party is a good start, but what really happens if eventually they fail to win the presidential election come February, that will determine how well prepared the tribe is when it comes the game of politics.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by od501: 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
I honestly feel for Obi seriously

The show of shame of his campaign and the bad name he gave Psquare the upcoming artists performing in an empty field in PH is so embarrassing

I honestly feel for him on a more serious note

I sincerely wish he will not giveup in contesting again after the election

Joke apart, I honestly feel for him

Bro... Save that sympathy for yourself, you and I are the ones to see shege come 2023, not PO.

Dude have already had a house worth £1 million in 1996. Does that kind of man look like someone that needs to be pitied?

If he loses, he lies back to his mansion to rest. Na you and I go suffer em.

5 Likes

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Levels1(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Odin13:

Ah ah

What’s is happening?
And
Yoruba people self ..

February is here ..

Haba!

I hate pigs and urchins

Dear brother

I appreciate your write up

You nailed it gan ni ooo

But then, you have really make it easier

As I will also like you to give the honest truth on your question that says

Out of 400 tribes why do Yoruba diskidi IGBOS this much

The bitter truth is that out of the 400 tribes you said,

Don't you see that IGBOS are the bad type?

Don't you know that they are betrayals?

Go to University library and read more about IGBOS to know who they really are and what brings about our hate towards they, kindly visit OAU library

Igbos Gene is second to betrayals.

They can trade you for money and do anything to get rich and not minding who go down or whos affected.

Honestly speaking, I will rather vote for an hausa, fulani or any other tribe Instead of igbos

If I have my way, I will have appreciate they grant IGBOS the independent they cave for as they are the only tribe ruining our prestige abroad just name it: drugs, assain, terrorist and the likes they are active on it.

I do hope your question has been answered?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by azpekuliar: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Benwallt:
You don't get the point

Are you expecting me to give life to the OP’s tribal bigotry? Not on this thread. Not interested.
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by iamsolasoul(f): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
She probably has her reasons … have you been to Namibia? Lol

Silence is Golden
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Gozac: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
Nigeria needs to be working, the bad governance that has made the nation a failed state is affecting everybody. Only the political, religious and business elites are enjoying the country. Nigerians are going through a lot of hardship both in Nigeria and abroad. Even the quest for their only nation by some ethnic nationalities is a as a result of bad government. Anytime I think of Nigeria I get so angry
Re: Brymo: An Igbo Presidency May Be A Pipe Dream - Singer On Adichie's Chieftaincy by Angelfrost(m): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2023
Kobicove:
There are some comments every musician who has common sense should avoid making...this is one of them undecided

Common sense has never really been common as you can see!

An average Nigeria is self-serving... This election period will further show how unpatriotic and ethnically centered most Nigerians are!

People who are willing sacrifice their nation's progress on the altar of religion and ethnicity can never propose as individuals and a nation!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Peter Obi & Datti Ahmed Storm Kano For The Wedding Of Emir Of Kano's Daughter / APC Rally In Kaduna: Live Pictures / Naira Rain At NASS As Senators Collect N23.4m Each- The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.