Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Impartiality Of The Admission Process At School Of Nursing Eleyele. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Impartiality Of The Admission Process At School Of Nursing Eleyele. (663 Views)

Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) / Mum Cries Out After Finding Out Her Daughter’s Hair Was Shaved At School - Photo / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impartiality Of The Admission Process At School Of Nursing Eleyele. by Glory38: 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
Good day everyone.

I can't but help to bring this out here and to point this out. It is as regards the impartiality of the admission process at the School of Nursing, Eleyele.

That Nursing school hoards money and favours only it's indigene. Wait.. did I say favours only it's indigene? I meant favours only those who can connect their way in! And a lot of those people considered are Oyo state's indegenes.

How do I know this? I was an aspirant for the last session. The registration fee amounted to a total of #10,000 and it was paid. The day for the entrance exam was set and we went for the exams. A lot of people registered for the exam. They were more than 2,000 people. No exaggeration. A few weeks later, the results were out.

Non-indigenes had a cut off of 66 while indigenes had a cut off of 57. Let me note that I'm not an indigene of Oyo state.

I was on a WhatsApp group for School of Nursing Eleyele aspirants and I saw a lot of people wailing that they didn't get pass the cut off. Some claimed they felt they must have gotten more than the score given to them.
I checked my score and I had 76%. I was so happy and I danced that at least I had gotten through the first stage cos I put in a lot of work for the exam. Little did I know that I was just deceiving myself.

People who got pass the cut off were given dates for the second stage, which was the interview. I prepared hard for the interview, reading all sort of current affairs and getting ready for likely question they might ask.
The day for interview came and the interview days was slated between a Monday and Wednesday after which the interview would supposedly end.
I did the interview and I felt I answered the questions quite well only for someone to ask on the WhatsApp group, "Please, who is doing interview on Thursday?" The funny part is that this person that asked the question was one of those complaining that they didn't meet the cut off mark.

I was confused. Interviews were supposed to run from Monday to Wednesday, so where's Thursday coming from? I chatted the guy up who asked the question. It was then I learned that there were other people coming for interview from Thursday to Friday. He explained to me that these set of people who didn't meet the cut off but have someone who can connect them. He told me he was connected by his LG chairman. I was shocked. So if someone will connect them what about us who worked hard but have no connection?

I decided to be positive and remain hopeful while waiting for the final results of the interview. Then, after 2 weeks the names of the admitted candidates were released. I checked the list with cold anxiety, my name wasn't there. I could not but think of all the hard work I put in trying to make sure I did my best.

I tried to console myself and checked the WhatsApp group. Alas, the guy who didn't even meet the exam's cut off, but was connected by his LG's chairman gained admission.

It may have been easy for me to get the 10k for registration, but I think about others too. Others who just tried to take the first step by gathering the money from their sweat hoping for the best. But these top people won't think of that. Soon they'll start selling another form again and a lot of people will fall into their trap. Do the math: 2000 people multiplied by 10,000 per person.
And you know the funny thing? Only 100 people will be admitted. 100 connected people.

Oh, you were not informed? Don't ever try to go to School of Nursing Eleyele without connection. You will waste your money. You will waste your efforts.
Re: Impartiality Of The Admission Process At School Of Nursing Eleyele. by Lifec7811: 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
Glory38:
Good day everyone.

I can't but help to bring this out here and to point this out. It is as regards the impartiality of the admission process at the School of Nursing, Eleyele.

That Nursing school hoards money and favours only it's indigene. Wait.. did I say favours only it's indigene? I meant favours only those who can connect their way in! And a lot of those people considered are Oyo state's indegenes.

How do I know this? I was an aspirant for the last session. The registration fee amounted to a total of #10,000 and it was paid. The day for the entrance exam was set and we went for the exams. A lot of people registered for the exam. They were more than 2,000 people. No exaggeration. A few weeks later, the results were out.

Non-indigenes had a cut off of 66 while indigenes had a cut off of 57. Let me note that I'm not an indigene of Oyo state.

I was on a WhatsApp group for School of Nursing Eleyele aspirants and I saw a lot of people wailing that they didn't get pass the cut off. Some claimed they felt they must have gotten more than the score given to them.
I checked my score and I had 76%. I was so happy and I danced that at least I had gotten through the first stage cos I put in a lot of work for the exam. Little did I know that I was just deceiving myself.

People who got pass the cut off were given dates for the second stage, which was the interview. I prepared hard for the interview, reading all sort of current affairs and getting ready for likely question they might ask.
The day for interview came and the interview days was slated between a Monday and Wednesday after which the interview would supposedly end.
I did the interview and I felt I answered the questions quite well only for someone to ask on the WhatsApp group, "Please, who is doing interview on Thursday?" The funny part is that this person that asked the question was one of those complaining that they didn't meet the cut off mark.

I was confused. Interviews were supposed to run from Monday to Wednesday, so where's Thursday coming from? I chatted the guy up who asked the question. It was then I learned that there were other people coming for interview from Thursday to Friday. He explained to me that these set of people who didn't meet the cut off but have someone who can connect them. He told me he was connected by his LG chairman. I was shocked. So if someone will connect them what about us who worked hard but have no connection?

I decided to be positive and remain hopeful while waiting for the final results of the interview. Then, after 2 weeks the names of the admitted candidates were released. I checked the list with cold anxiety, my name wasn't there. I could not but think of all the hard work I put in trying to make sure I did my best.

I tried to console myself and checked the WhatsApp group. Alas, the guy who didn't even meet the exam's cut off, but was connected by his LG's chairman gained admission.

It may have been easy for me to get the 10k for registration, but I think about others too. Others who just tried to take the first step by gathering the money from their sweat hoping for the best. But these top people won't think of that. Soon they'll start selling another form again and a lot of people will fall into their trap. Do the math: 2000 people multiplied by 10,000 per person.
And you know the funny thing? Only 100 people will be admitted. 100 connected people.

Oh, you were not informed? Don't ever try to go to School of Nursing Eleyele without connection. You will waste your money. You will waste your efforts.
This is the definition of our unis, most esp d newly created ones.
Re: Impartiality Of The Admission Process At School Of Nursing Eleyele. by gawk: 7:38am On Mar 26
Please on behalf of my sister, what subjects do they set during the entrance exams and were you for Nursing or Midwifery program, she will be taking Midwifery program exams

[/quote]
Re: Impartiality Of The Admission Process At School Of Nursing Eleyele. by gawk: 7:39am On Mar 26
Please on behalf of my sister, what subjects do they set during the entrance exams and were you for Nursing or Midwifery program, she will be taking Midwifery program exams

[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Post Only What You Are 100% Sure / Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations - Lectures / Beyond Ph.d, Skill And Intellectual : A Case Study Of Nigeria Universities Lectu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.