Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,529 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) (41676 Views)

Mum Cries Out After Finding Out Her Daughter’s Hair Was Shaved At School - Photo / Early Signs Your Child Might Be Getting Bullied At School / Sobbing SA Teacher: A Photo Of Happy Children 'was Used Against Me' (NEW Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by TMKsouth: 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nolusindiso Hleko, who teaches English, was allegedly assaulted by the human resource manager at a kindergarten school in Shanghai, China, where she worked. With a swollen black eye, Hleko on Thursday uploaded a video on YouTube, "My Worst Year Abroad", detailing her harrowing ordeal after a disagreement with the preschool manager.

She has since left the country for Germany, which she had considered moving to from Korea before choosing China instead.

Hleko detailed her experience in a four-minute video clip in which she explained what happened and how she had to run for her life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD09gDeCzuQ?si=XeZz3Gr0-sDoR6QX

“On Wednesday, August 23, during a disagreement, the HR manager at my job, a guy, punched me in the face. After he punched me I was screaming, trying to get out of his office. He pushed me down on the couch, telling me I need to sit down.

“I screamed and I was trying to get my cellphone so I could take pictures and videos of what was happening. Instead, he grabbed my cellphone and said he didn’t have my cellphone anymore. I don’t know how I got out of that office, but somehow I got out and I was running in the passage of this kindergarten trying to get help.”

She met a woman who could speak English after she managed to get out of the preschool without her belongings, including her cellphone.

The woman called the police and they went back to the preschool. “When we arrived at the kindergarten, they gathered everything that belonged to me on the table, telling me the reason they were preventing me leaving is because they wanted me to calm down so they can call the police to resolve the issue,” she said.

Hleko said she made a video because there were so many workers abroad suffering at the hands of employers who disobey the law and treat them poorly.

“I am also making this video because I feel powerless in this situation,” she said.

"They told me that if I talk to anybody or go to the media about the situation that they would sue me or that I would have to go to jail and get deported. They also threatened to put me on some teacher's blacklist in China so that I would never get a job in China."

Department of International Relations and Cooperation (Dirco) spokesperson Clayson Monyela said he spoke to Hleko about her experience with the embassy.

He said if South Africans in another country suffer abuse or are subjected to harm, they should report the matter to the police in that country and inform the embassy.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by madone: 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2023
When Africans suffer like this I blame the leaders of Africa. The ones that want to feed fat on ready made good and neglects the development of Africa. God will judge.

182 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by judatech: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2023
Is this racism or xenophobia?
I want to check something

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by Vyzz: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2023
The same way you treat foreigners in your country.

Sorry girl

217 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2023
judatech:

Checked. It's China's systemic culture of human rights abuses.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2023
Vyzz:

Have u bore witness to how she treats foreigners in SA?😕😕

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by oz4real83(m): 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
Africa has everything that will make all Africans not to step out of Africa but still live over-comfortably, unfortunately, African leaders have always been the bane of Africa embarassed

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by REGINALD001(m): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2023
Hleko.......am really sad about what happened to her, I think this should pass a message to her home country SA on how other foreigners feel when they do same to them labeling it Xenophobic........ it's really sad. But China's Authorities should look into all these human rights abuses that happens there almost everyday.

Even for 100k dollars per month.......I won't work in a country that doesn't have up to 80% English speakers....... I can't even dream of it.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by Ruke1989: 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2023
oz4real83:
Africa has everything that will make all Africans not to step out of Africa but still live over-comfortably, unfortunately, African leaders have always been the bane of Africa embarassed
tribalistic, religious bigots who make up 60% of African population actually voted for their wicked leaders. So the joke is on the citizens not the leaders.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by oz4real83(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2023
Ruke1989:
tribalistic, religious bigots who make up 60% of African population actually voted for their wicked leaders. So the joke is on the citizens not the leaders.
mention some countries in the 60% you mentioned and let's research if elections in those countries were credible,free and fair, if people's votes counted.

7 Likes

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2023
SA justice !
Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by Kingray10: 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2023
It's really saddening to hear such stories of what African go through abroad..
When are we going to develop our own Africa.
Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by datola: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
The Chinese man did not want tou to destroy his country

4 Likes

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by visionair2023: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
Wetin him don go teach these Chinko them now? undecided
Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by Ms202310: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
cool

Many Nigerians work as English teachers in China

Many are traders

This one go run her mouth to taichi kungfu master pikin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by eepeepook: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
Chinese men don’t do that “never hurt a woman” thing. Learn to defend yourself as a woman. She’s better off in Germany where men are disadvantaged in mixed gender issues. My future children are going to learn both boxing and karate. They will never be victims in situations where fighting back is an option.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by TheSuperX(m): 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
TMKsouth:

Checked. It's China's systemic culture of human rights abuses.
Wannahowzit-wannapost -MzansiCoolio you live and breath on our forum. 😂😂

7 Likes

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by datola: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
Vyzz:

Sorry girl

The same way tou treat black especially Nigerians in your country

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by allen113: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
I thought South Africa was perfect and they don't migrate to other countries in search of greener pastures?

No I doubt this story, this must be fake news.
🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by TimFisher2: 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
grin

Serves her right.
Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by EmeeNaka: 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
The so-called China that idiotic Africans and African leaders are looking up to.
China, a communist country with no good intentions.
But then, South Africans are also dangerous to migrants. Sometimes, I don't feel like pitying racists and tribalists when they fall into similar pits they dig for others

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by preekahantas(f): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
Chinko no get yansh you say make dem twerk.
You don see wetin you dey find na.

3 Likes

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by 1950Mack: 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
grin Chinese kids ain't joking... go and verify grin
Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by eniolorunfe: 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
Chaiiiii… immigration no be beans o!
Person go leave mama & papa to go hustle for foreign land…

May God help everyone out there! Ire o!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by Simeony007(m): 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
I hate to say this but I see Karma's hand written all around it.

When they did this to Nigerians in their country nothing happened afterwards.

Let her endure what ever she's getting now

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by adamusuleiman3: 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
It's China. Nothing will happen.

9 Likes

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by obembet(f): 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2023
Wetin you do before Dem punch your face? Lie lie people. There was a disagreement abi?
Wetin cause am?
Who come start the wahala?
Nobody go give you dis kain black eye if you never use your mouth talk rubbish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) by Whatisurproblem(m): 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2023
judatech:
Let her feel the pains of what they do to fellow Africans in SA. Xenophobia

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don Davis' Medical Report Silent On Sexual Abuse At Deeper Life High School / 13 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Had A Horrible Nigerian Lecturer / Which Subject Do You Think Is Going On? (Hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.