Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan (4239 Views)

APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Abule Egba, Lagos (photos) / PDP & APC Supporters Clash In Akwa Ibom, 1 killed, Several Injured / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by aloyemeka2: 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2011
[size=14pt]Jonathan’s visit: Party chair, nine others critically injured as ACN, PDP supporters clash[/size]
By Oseheye Okwuofu, Ibadan 13 hours 13 minutes ago

No fewer than 10 party loyalists were severely injured as fighting broke out in Ibadan yesterday between supporters of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and those of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).
Among the victims of the clash, which occured at the airport during President Goodluck Jonathan’s visit to the city, was the PDP Chairman in Oluyole Local Government Area, Elder Oyelade Akinlade.
Oyelade, it was gathered, was still unconscious at the Renewth Clinic and Maternity, Oremeji, Argungu , Ibadan, where he was rushed to for medical attention.
A source at the hospital yesterday said doctors were still battling to revive the party chairman, as he was yet to regain consciousness.
Some ACN supporters were also said to have sustained injuries from the fracas which occurred outside the main gate leading to the airport.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-AKFwMFadlbE/TmH31U7uQzI/AAAAAAAAGyQ/RbXaRhQw5ss/s400/Rioters.jpg[/img]
http://lindaikeji..com/2011/09/riot-in-ibadan-as-president-jonathan.html

The PDP and ACN supporters were said to have stationed themselves at the Airport as early as 8 am to welcome Jonathan and members of his entourage, including the Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Oloye Jumoke Akinjide, who were in Ibadan to have an on the spot assessment of the damage caused by penultimate Friday’s flood disaster  which claimed more than  100 lives and damaged property worth several millions of naira.
A heated argument between the two opposition groups was said to have resulted in a free for all, leaving many severely injured.
According to an eyewitness account, trouble started when security men disallowed some of the party supporters entry into the airport.
Some members of the ACN were said to have frowned at what they described as an illegal party rally at the airport by some PDP supporters, who allegedly turned the occasion into a party jamboree.
The PDP supporters were said to have started singing and dancing in a manner the ACN  supporters considered offensive.
When the PDP supporters persisted, the ACN supporters  were said to have also  mobilised their members and started singing and dancing; an action the PDP supporters also considered offensive.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/ajimobi-akala-bicker-over-ibadan-flood-as-jonathan-visits/
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by efisher(m): 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2011
See what joblessness can cause?
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by Rgp92: 8:47pm On Sep 03, 2011
Show them whos boss!!
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by aloyemeka2: 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2011
efisher:

You got jobs for them?
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by asha80(m): 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2011
why the clash over nothing?
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by aloyemeka2: 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2011
asha 80:

why the clash over nothing?

Adedibu boys can clash over common amala.
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by Ngodigha: 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2011
Shameless people.
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by redsun(m): 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2011
Fighting over nothing,without a purpose.Like zombies.
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by Relax101(m): 11:42pm On Sep 03, 2011
Na so civil war start for 1967.
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by LoveKing(m): 11:49pm On Sep 03, 2011
ajirebi20:

that was so idoitic
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by auwal87(m): 11:50pm On Sep 03, 2011
Me think BH is awakening Nigerians  undecided
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by Yeske2(m): 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2011
Jobless clowns fighting as if GEJ or Ajimobi cares if anyone of them is killed
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by aloyemeka2: 12:29am On Sep 04, 2011
Yeske!:

Jobless clowns fighting as if GEJ or Ajimobi cares if anyone of them is killed

They do care else who will rig for them in 2015?
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by Exponental(m): 12:50am On Sep 04, 2011
Ibadan touts n dre wahala, wen will dy learn 2 live in peace. Awon omokomo!
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by Rastamann: 1:15am On Sep 04, 2011
These are symptoms of poverty and joblessness. Imagaine dem dey outside they fight the big ogas dey one side dey enjoy. Mumu people!
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by igboboy1(m): 1:50am On Sep 04, 2011
Why am i not surprised, Anything less than this would be a gaddam shame and surprise.
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by Wilfredng: 1:59am On Sep 04, 2011
I just pity their wives and children.
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by Relax101(m): 2:43am On Sep 04, 2011
1967 in the making.
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by LogicPower(m): 4:15am On Sep 04, 2011
ajirebi20:

Just as how ***************************

Since I joined this forum, I have never read a post that has offended me as profoundly as this.

Why would a sane and mature person insult someone's dear mother in this most obscene and vulgar way, and with such little or no direct personal provocation?

I believe every decent person on this forum, regardless of his/her ethnic, religious and political background, would find this your post so, so repulsive and offensive!.

And I am afraid, this kind of irresponsible use of language would only hurt you, not your victim, as many people would wonder how much respect you really have for your own mother to have insulted someone's mother this way.

I hope you would be decent enough to apologize to all NLders (not only your victim) for this  grossly repulsive, unnecessary insult of someone's dear mother.
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by ajirebi20: 4:20am On Sep 04, 2011
^^^

My teacher once told me: Blessed is he who does not see the falut of others because he/she is busy with his own fault

Our elders say: ibi ti a ba fi elemosho si nii sho

Sir, next time, please mind your business, SQUARELY.

You didnt who I am and what I have against the poster and vice-versa
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by clip: 5:13am On Sep 04, 2011
Ibadan,Ibadan,ooh ibadan always a volatile place from we te 1956.When will you ever change
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by Kolababa: 6:14am On Sep 04, 2011
"ibadan nile Oluyole, a kii waye ki a maa ni aarun kan lara, ija igboro ni aarun Ibadan"
meaning:
Ibadan the home of Oluyole, there is no man without his/her own disease, street fighting is the disease of Ibadan.
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by Basics007: 6:32am On Sep 04, 2011
efisher:

Fact! If these people have day jobs to go to they wont go and queue at airport.
Kolababa:

street fighting is the disease of Ibadan.
Is that so? Mo so be na!
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by deols(f): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2011
stupidity of d highest order
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by sp2002(m): 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2011
ibadan boys with wahala. they are the ones disturbing lagos state
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by omotonice: 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2011
nawa oooo
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by holluwizzy: 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2011
well in my own point!!! i think there is a tie between this two goliat trying to add something to nothing. and i am sure they are payed to carry out this arant nonsense. that is why tinunbu had to run out of the country . thou ,

and now that uncle jonathan has seen and heard what happen , i want to know his reaction , to show if he is really a driver or a passanger controlled by the man with pot belly.
shuuuuuuuuuuu i did not call any bodys name . shocked undecided
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by boyt1: 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2011
Will you see this in Lagos, no. so the Ibadan people are still blind in 2011 fighting for stupid politicians.
it has notting to do with jobs.
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by aloyemeka2: 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2011
boy t:

Will you see  this in Lagos, no. so the Ibadan people are still blind in 2011 fighting  for silly  politicians.
it has notting to do with jobs.

OPC and ACN clashed in Lagos few months ago and the story was here.
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by mekaboy(m): 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2011

THESE YORUBA PEOPLE ARE FUNNY OO, UPON THE FLOOD THAT SWEEPING IBADAN, THEY ARE FIGHTING OVER DANCING COMPETITION grin grin grin grin IF GOODLUCK DID NOT GO THERE NOW, THE YORUBA PEOPLE WILL SAY THEY ARE BEING MARGINALIZED. JONATHAN FINALLY COMES, THEY FIGHT OVER DANCING COMPETITION . shocked shocked

Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by igboboy1(m): 10:56am On Sep 05, 2011
mekaboy:

THESE YORUBA PEOPLE ARE FUNNY OO, UPON THE FLOOD THAT SWEEPING IBADAN, THEY ARE FIGHTING OVER DANCING COMPETITION grin grin grin grin IF GOODLUCK DID NOT GO THERE NOW, THE YORUBA PEOPLE WILL SAY THEY ARE BEING MARGINALIZED. JONATHAN FINALLY COMES, THEY FIGHT OVER DANCING COMPETITION . shocked shocked

shocked
shocked
ROTFL
Re: ACN And PDP Supporters Clash In Ibadan by kasiem(m): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
una no go kill me oooooooooo
mekaboy:

(1) (Reply)

Our Attitudes Towards Accident's Victim / NIGERIA Told To KEEP Quite at Last Minute at the Security Council this evening / Proposed Obuaku Seaport In Abia Will Open Up Igboland To International Trade.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.