Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) (2368 Views)

Julius Malema Is In Nigeria. / Lagos 2019: APC Kingmakers Who’ll Shape The Polls (pics) / Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2023
I'm South African and personally enjoy using Nairaland. Although I rarely ever follow or comment in the elections threads I've noticed one thing on NL - Peter Obi threads are omnipresent around here.

I don't know when last I saw sustained Atiku threads, Tinubu is fairly represented although thoroughly dwarfed by so-called Obedient's threads over here.

So when I heard on radio that Obi is most popular amongst the youth it all came into perspective - I've seen this before. In South Africa.

Here's a popular SA broadcaster Redi Tlhabi - now with the BBC - aptly describing SA's own political youth movement the EFF... "You're 100% on Twitter, but 10% at the polls". EFF in SA has been stuck at 10% of the electorate for a decade but dominant on social media. Which can be deceiving.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by UnfairLife7(m): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2023
Hahahahaha

The erudite scholar, prof Chukwuma Soludo has always been right anyway. Nzogbu Nzogbu politics will obviously take them to no where as it has been since time immemorial

Social mobs has no head nor sense for reasoning

Prof Soludo na fvcking seer grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by SocialJustice: 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2023
February is next month, you guys talk too much.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2023
WannaHowzit:
I'm South African and personally enjoy using Nairaland. Although I rarely ever follow or comment in the elections threads I've noticed one thing on NL - Peter Obi threads are omnipresent around here.

I don't know when last I saw sustained Atiku threads, Tinubu is fairly represented although thoroughly dwarfed by so-called Obedient's threads over here.

So when I heard on radio that Obi is most popular amongst the youth it all came into perspective - I've seen this before. In South Africa.

Here's a popular SA broadcaster Redi Tlhabi - now with the BBC - aptly describing SA's own political youth movement the EFF... "You're 100% on Twitter, but 10% at the polls". EFF in SA has been stuck at 10% of the electorate but very vocal on social media.

Many of us have our votes cards and are ready and willing to make our vote count.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by Brendaniel: 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2023
There is a difference in the south African case and that of Nigeria, the difference are the candidates involved. Julius Malema is seen as a radical leader who supports pro-african leadership control of governance in south Africa which some south Africans are not comfortable with, also he is a pro African Immigration supporter who supports the non-deportation of other Africans from south Africa which a large number of south Africans are not in support, also his other opponents are not as corrupt as Tinubu and Atiku.

The case scenarios are way different, if south Africans witness just quarter of what Nigerians have gone through in the past 7 years, the youths would have toppled the government with violence....

So Peter Obi and Malema are not facing the same situation

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2023
It should be mentioned though that EFF (Economic Freedom Fighters) is considered a radical (and arguably fascist) youth political movement in SA whereas in Nigeria OBEDIENTS might be viewed differently.

They fill up stadiums, but most South Africans don't vote for them.

2 Likes

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by dustmalik: 9:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
Thanksful:

Many of us have our votes cards and are ready and willing to make our vote count.
And how many do you think you are? Don't deceive yourself. On the election day, when numbers starts trickling in, you will start shouting rigging.

1 Like

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2023
dustmalik:

And how many do you think you are? Don't deceive yourself. On the election day, when numbers starts trickling in, you will start shouting rigging.

One vote at a time. One vote is the biggest difference maker. It comes like a drop of water before you know it, it fills the entire container.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by KalakutaRepub: 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
SocialJustice:
February is next month, you guys talk too much.
I tire oh. ELection don reach dem still dey complain of social media on behalf of LP. I never see broken record like these Urchins. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2023
Brendaniel:
There is a difference in the south African case and that of Nigeria, the difference are the candidates involved. Julius Malema is seen as a radical leader who supports pro-african leadership control of governance in south Africa which some south Africans are not comfortable with, also he is a pro African Immigration supporter who supports the non-deportation of other Africans from south Africa which a large number of south Africans are not in support

True, Malema's biggest hurdles are his Pan-African ideology on the continental level and obnoxious radicalism at home.

1 Like

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by KalakutaRepub: 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Here's a popular SA broadcaster Redi Tlhabi - now with the BBC - aptly describing SA's own political youth movement the EFF... "You're 100% on Twitter, but 10% at the polls". EFF in SA has been stuck at 10% of the electorate for a decade but dominant on social media. Which can be deceiving.

You should have maintained your lane instead of dabbling into what you don't even understand. Which radio you hear of Peter Obi? South African Radio?

Social media plays a HUGE role in Nigerian elections. Most Nigerians slept while APC ran the narratives that led many people to vote astray. There's ground work in the Obi-Datti team that you cannot comprehend from your abode in South Africa.

Since you rely on soley on Social media to give you a full picture of what's going on in Nigeria then you have fallen into the same fallacy that you are trying to accuse the LP party of.

Dey your lane.

6 Likes

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
KalakutaRepub:
You should have maintained your lane instead of dabbling into what you don't even understand. Which radio you hear of Peter Obi? South African Radio

I heard this on BBC Newsday which the same Redi now hosts. So argue with your phone.

KalakutaRepub:

Since you rely on soley on Social media to give you a full picture of what's going on in Nigeria then you have fallen into the same fallacy that you are trying to accuse the LP party of.

Dey your lane.

Unfortunately you sound very much like EFF when confronted. Shutting people down on baseless grounds. That's why they always lose. Humble yourself.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by KalakutaRepub: 9:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
WannaHowzit:

I heard this on BBC Newsday which the same Redi now hosts. So argue with your phone.

Unfortunately you sound very much like EFF when confronted. Shutting people down on baseless grounds. That's why they always lose. Humble yourself.
Stuff it! Do you see me coming to compare any party in Nigeria with those in South Africa? I can't because I'm not there. I can't rely on social media to tell me Jack.

You're relying on Social media to see all and know all about a party in another country and you have the audacity to accuse the said party of relying on social media alone?

Just so you know, we deal with international urchins too. They all draw from the same prepared script. No creativity. Zero analytical abilities. Very easy to spot and neutralize.

4 Likes

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by Britishpea: 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2023
Brendaniel:
There is a difference in the south African case and that of Nigeria, the difference are the candidates involved. Julius Malema is seen as a radical leader who supports pro-african leadership control of governance in south Africa which some south Africans are not comfortable with, also he is a pro African Immigration supporter who supports the non-deportation of other Africans from south Africa which a large number of south Africans are not in support, also his other opponents are not as corrupt as Tinubu and Atiku.

The case scenarios are way different, if south Africans witness just quarter of what Nigerians have gone through in the past 7 years, the youths would have toppled the government with violence....

So Peter Obi and Malema are not facing the same situation

Stop typing rubbish and icing your soon-to-come failure. Which youths are you talking about? Is it not the same youth is Nigeria who can’t say one thing they wanted to vote for Obi but are supporting him because they think other youths are supporting him.

See, both entertainers and youths in Nigeria are barking dogs. They have no teeth. They are the likes of 2face Idibia and Rinu. They back out at little threats and siphon whatever money in their care. Stop it man. Obi won’t get reasonable votes relative to his social media loquacioucity

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by ablejesus26(m): 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2023
Thanksful:

One vote at a time. One vote is the biggest difference maker. It comes like a drop of water before you know it, it fills the entire container.

I have a guaranteed 50 Obidient votes already, they all have PVC and I have come to make them see that staying on the fence makes one the best looser most times,so them go surely vote.
Hands join in hands We must take back our Country.
If not for Us ,then for our Children.
I don't want to leave my children stocked in a Country where the FG had the audaciousness to say Foreigners are the one killing Nigerians on Nigeria soil undecided
God forbid APC and their sick drug addict candidate undecided

3 Likes

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by duality(m): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2023
If the election is free and fair. OBI WILL WIN.

It's simple.

1 Like

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
KalakutaRepub:
Stuff it! Do you see me coming to compare any party in Nigeria with those in South Africa? I can't because I'm not there. I can't rely on social media to tell me Jack.

You're relying on Social media to see all and know all about a party in another country and you have the audacity to accuse the said party of relying on social media alone?

Just so you know, we deal with international urchins too. They all draw from the same prepared script. No creativity. Zero analytical abilities. Very easy to spot and neutralize.

Like I said, I'm no expert on your politics. Ready carefully next time.
Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by KalakutaRepub: 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
WannaHowzit:

No expert but you created a thread for it after "It came into perspective". Next time ask questions instead of relying on social media.

If you even paid attention to the social media you rely on so heavily, you'd see that half of the posts about Obi on NL are from the opposition.

Dey your lane brah.

3 Likes

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by Starcrest1: 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
Julius Malema is seen as an unserious contender that's why he can never win, I mean have you listened to him talking.

He's not in the same league with Obi because the youths are going to make a statement with Obi.

Julius malema should be compared with Sowore at least they always wear beret......

3 Likes

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by KalakutaRepub: 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2023
Starcrest1:
Julius Malema is seen as an unserious contender that's why he can never win, I mean have you listened to him talking.

He's not in the same league with Obi because the youths are going to make a statement with Obi.

Julius malema should be compared with Sowore at least they always wear beret......
Julius that Comedians like Trevor Noah dey take catch fun.
Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by Felabrity: 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
In case you don't know or not aware, Peter obi is not some Sowore that just joined politics yesterday or some South Africa lady

Infact, majority of Peter Obi supporters don't have a social media account

3 Likes

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by Felabrity: 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2023
Millions of people voted Atiku in 2015 because of Peter

Stop comparing Peter Obi with these shits

Peter Obi is both popular on social media and offline

1 Like

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by Lalar27: 11:45pm On Jan 06, 2023
You are spot on my south African friend am very sure AFTER the election zombidiotes will come barking like a dog crying that the election have been rigged but nobody will listen to them
OBI WILL LOSE MISERABLY IN THIS ELECTION
Some guy said its because of obi that Atiku got millions of vote in the previous election and I laughed this same Atiku will sweep most vote in the east while Tinubu have the north and west for himself
LOBATAN ELECTION OVER

4 Likes

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by Brendaniel: 11:51pm On Jan 06, 2023
Britishpea:

Stop typing rubbish and icing your soon-to-come failure. Which youths are you talking about? Is it not the same youth is Nigeria who can’t say one thing they wanted to vote for Obi but are supporting him because they think other youths are supporting him.

See, both entertainers and youths in Nigeria are barking dogs. They have no teeth. They are the likes of 2face Idibia and Rinu. They back out at little threats and siphon whatever money in their care. Stop it man. Obi won’t get reasonable votes relative to his social media loquacioucity

No need to argue election is a few weeks away...
Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by olisaEze(m): 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2023
Felabrity:
Millions of people voted Atiku in 2015 because of Peter

Stop comparing Peter Obi with these shits

Peter Obi is both popular on social media and offline

2019 brah, and ure right! Atiku couldn’t even win the APC primaries in 2015! grin

Fact is Mr WannaHowzit, Julius Malema is not in the same class as Mr Peter Obi whose character and charisma you seem to have confused with that of his many rightly angry supporters popularly known as OBIdients. Many in this country are his opponents by day and his ardent supporters by night. All bidding their time to cast a protest vote in his favor against a very corrupt & incompetent establishment. Don’t be fooled by the urchins running amok on SM, you can never understand the politics of this country by what u see on Nairaland!
Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by TheChameleon: 12:12am On Jan 07, 2023
WannaHowzit:
It should be mentioned though that EFF (Economic Freedom Fighters) is considered a radical (and arguably fascist) youth political movement in SA whereas in Nigeria OBEDIENTS might be viewed differently.

They fill up stadiums, but most South Africans don't vote for them.

Actually from historical antecedents, Malema is 1000x the man Peter Obi dreams to be.

If Malema is clocking 10%.... Peter Obi is a non- entity who if he gets above 5%, should be declared outright winner because he's more like a 1%er.

Peter Obi is just pushed by his tribesmen who were insulting him just a decade ago as a terrible Governor.

In fact, 99% of drug crimes that any Nigerian commits in South Africa are from his notorious tribe. They commit at least 95% of crime abroad attributed to Nigerians. The infamous flatin0 tribe undecided

PS - big fan of Malema by the way... we share A LOT in common I can't possibly disclose. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by TheChameleon: 12:17am On Jan 07, 2023
angry
Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by tommy589(m): 12:39am On Jan 07, 2023
Election in Nigeria is not complete without thugs.These are people with like zero presence on social media. From states to states, their street credibility is not in doubt. Veterans with long history of blood spilling when it comes to votes snatching

I still don't know how labour party agents would contend with these career thugs of older parties on election day
Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by techWriter3: 1:11am On Jan 07, 2023
February is next year, you fellas talk too much

So, Check my profile if you need help with your personal statement, thesis, statement of purpose, dissertation, or assignment.
Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by Napata77: 1:13am On Jan 07, 2023
WannaHowzit:

What do you want here?

Get out from here. Go and face your own country's issues.
Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by Ekpeitit(m): 1:16am On Jan 07, 2023
Thanksful:

1 Like

Re: OBEDIENTS LISTEN: Julius Malema Is "100% On Twitter But 10% At The Polls" (PICS) by Ekpeitit(m): 1:18am On Jan 07, 2023
Yes,many of you from the South East. If you don't understand that Obi is an Igbo candidate who can only win in the South East then you don't understand Nigerian politics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Fake News Circulating Around Social Media / Online Scam - The International Conspiracy Against Nigeria / Obama's Inauguration, An Act Of God - Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.