Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,488 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:33 AM

Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu (1744 Views)

Oba saga: You want 2 create 3rd World War because Obi didn't win - Taiwo to OBJ / Gov Soludo Signs Mou With AFREXIM Bank, Others To Develop Anambra (Photos) / Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by IDENNAA(m): 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
post=119812454:

Anambra is forth largest economy in Nigeria among the 6 states that control 90% transactions in Nigeria

Anambra people has long history of traveling out of their lands to make money and frequently return home.

In the '90s, Igbo people from Anambra made made fortune in Cameroon and Ivory coast. Some of the richest people in Umuoji in the 90s made their wealth from neighboring countries and never lived in Lagos.
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by ukenke: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
What a speech. He has won over many undecided voters with this speech.

Tinubu's issue based campaign. Lol.

You just can't give what you don't have.

Why mention Peter Obi. What changed?

Meanwhile, Tinubu only sounds clear when his speeches are written or when he wants to talk down on other candidates.

He is feeling the heat of PO's tsunami.

umunaija:
All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, says Igbos were migrating to Lagos because the Labour Party’s presidential flagbearer, Peter Obi, failed as governor to develop Anambra State.

“You will have to be labouring under a terrible delusion if you think he will do a better job for this nation than he did for Anambra State.

“What is there to be proud of after Obi left? Obi has nothing to be proud of. Instead Obi moved, left Anambra crying. He moved to Lagos,” Mr Tinubu said at a presidential rally in Ondo on Saturday.

The former Lagos State governor added that, “I’m indeed very sorry. Buyers beware. A salesman selling fake merchandise. Beware of people like Obi.

“The truth of the difference between my leadership and that of Mr Obi lies in one observation. Although Lagos is crowded because of the space left when they migrate to Lagos from Anambra,” Mr Tinubu said.

Speaking further, Mr Tinubu said, “It is a wicked parent like Obi given the opportunity to feed the children but hoard money on his hands when the children starve and go to bed hungry.

“That is Obi wickedness. It is true that the heartless governor will hoard money when there are hungry school children, roads and clinics are in disrepair.”

Popular for being a frugal administrator, Mr Obi anchors his campiagn on transforming Nigeria from a consumption to production country.

Last year, Mr Obi said that some Nigerians were urging Mr Tinubu to contest the presidency despite his apparent ailment because his doles out money.

In few weeks time, the former Anambra governor will contest the presidency against APC’s Bola Tinubu, PDP’s Atiku Abubakar and host of other candidates.

Source: https://gazettengr.com/igbos-overcrowding-lagos-because-obi-refused-to-develop-anambra-tinubu/

1 Like

Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by Coolestguy2023: 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2023
Nothing but the bitter truth said by Tinubu. This is also what we all have been saying that Peter Pandora is a scam and a disgrace to the igbo nation. How Igbos elevated a failure to a demigod is what I am trying to understand
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by SmartPolician: 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
oyin44:

Saving money at the expense of other
Suffering

Serious countries must run their countries like a profit and loss business.

Aside from saving for the rainy day, when a state or country has savings, it helps to build investor confidence.

In other words, it simply tells investors that they are investing in a rich country where leaders won't wake up one day and increase taxes.

Countries also save as a way of hedging their local currency against uncertainties, such as wars, cash crunch (economic meltdown), hyperinflation, etc.

If you like, you learn. If you want to argue, I won't reply you.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by JOemmy(m): 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2023
Rubbish is it not far better to save than loot it the way tinibu looted Lagos State to the ground? If obi didn't save where will obiano get the money he used in constructing major projects like the anambra state airport?
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by Hydroxide(m): 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2023
Is Tinubu originally from Lagos? Nonsence talk.
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by Rickmann: 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2023
umunaija:
All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, says Igbos were migrating to Lagos because the Labour Party’s presidential flagbearer, Peter Obi, failed as governor to develop Anambra State.

“You will have to be labouring under a terrible delusion if you think he will do a better job for this nation than he did for Anambra State.

“What is there to be proud of after Obi left? Obi has nothing to be proud of. Instead Obi moved, left Anambra crying. He moved to Lagos,” Mr Tinubu said at a presidential rally in Ondo on Saturday.

The former Lagos State governor added that, “I’m indeed very sorry. Buyers beware. A salesman selling fake merchandise. Beware of people like Obi.

“The truth of the difference between my leadership and that of Mr Obi lies in one observation. Although Lagos is crowded because of the space left when they migrate to Lagos from Anambra,” Mr Tinubu said.

Speaking further, Mr Tinubu said, “It is a wicked parent like Obi given the opportunity to feed the children but hoard money on his hands when the children starve and go to bed hungry.

“That is Obi wickedness. It is true that the heartless governor will hoard money when there are hungry school children, roads and clinics are in disrepair.”

Popular for being a frugal administrator, Mr Obi anchors his campiagn on transforming Nigeria from a consumption to production country.

Last year, Mr Obi said that some Nigerians were urging Mr Tinubu to contest the presidency despite his apparent ailment because his doles out money.

In few weeks time, the former Anambra governor will contest the presidency against APC’s Bola Tinubu, PDP’s Atiku Abubakar and host of other candidates.

Source: https://gazettengr.com/igbos-overcrowding-lagos-because-obi-refused-to-develop-anambra-tinubu/

@OP, I don't know which is more stupid, you or ur topic. Firstly lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria by landmass for ur info.. Secondly, Is Anambra the only southeastern state or the only Igbo-speaking state in Nigeria? That's how you go about peddling rubbish. You should be thankful to the igbos for helping develop ur small island.
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by Roger3D(m): 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2023
socialmediaman:
Make Anambra Nigeria's capital for 25 years let's check something grin

How many people were moving to Abuja before it was made capital?

Lagosians will show this man shege this 2023 election
That's a slimy excuse for Peter Obi's failure as Anambra governor. Also other ethnic groups mostly stay put in their respective states despite the failures of their governors too. What makes Anambra people more special than the rest?
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by potent5(m): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2023
Tinubu is just a sophisticated and shameless gazelle gagaraga.
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by socialmediaman: 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2023
Roger3D:
That's a slimy excuse for Peter Obi's failure as Anambra governor. Also other ethnic groups mostly stay put in their respective states despite the failures of their governors too. What makes Anambra people more special than the rest?

As a Tinubu supporter I don't expect you to understand what I wrote there

Peter Obi turned Anambra around with his investments in education and infrastructure. Anambra GDP grew by 40% in 2 years under Peter Obi. At the same time period, the average growth of the Nigeria economy was about 8%, which means Anambra was growing 5x faster than Nigeria was growing.

To your second point, since you think people shouldn't travel to wherever they want in Nigeria, why not allow oil producing states to use their oil and develop their own states, must it be shared to all states?

Emancipate yourself from tribal and religious bigotry!
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by gidgiddy: 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2023
Although Lagos was capital of Nigeria for over 70 years, Tinubu has managed to convince himself that his 8 years as Governor made Lagos what it is today
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by Roger3D(m): 7:45pm On Jan 07, 2023
socialmediaman:

[s]As a Tinubu supporter I don't expect you to understood what I wrote there[/s]

Peter Obi turned Anambra around with his investments in education and infrastructure. Anambra GDP grew by 40% in 2 years under Peter Obi. At the same time period, the average growth of the Nigeria economy was about 8%, which means Anambra was growing 5x faster than Nigeria was growing.

To your second point, since you think people shouldn't travel to wherever they want in Nigeria, why not allow oil producing states to use their oil and develop their own states, must it be shared to all states?

Emancipate yourself from tribal and religious bigotry!
If Anambra was so good under Obi, why are his people on a constant migratory trend towards Lagos? I am not a Tinubu supporter. I'm just pointing out the absurdity of the lame excuse you gave for Peter Obi's failures as governor. Go and read my response to your dishonest post again and stop quoting baseless unverified statistics from the air
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by FreeStuffsNG: 7:45pm On Jan 07, 2023
Throwback:
Very factual statement from Tinubu.

Have we forgotten all the below lamentations from Igbos.

Infact it was during Obi's tenure of hardship, that many Anambrarians fled to Lagos to reside under the bridges of Lagos. Fashola sent them back and this hurt Peter Obi's empty pride.

It was the same period scores of Anambra youths embraced drug trafficking to Asia.

What became of Anambrarians after Peter Obi ruled them for 8yrs?

Ifyalways: Peter Obi is best described as a curse and bad omen to Anambrarians... What a wicked, visionless man.

Owobokiri: fake messiah... he has become richer, banking the state funds with his bank... Onitsha is still a sorry sight.

Though People Gazette is a trashy fake news platform, I agree with @ bolded.

Even who now joblessly in vain run from one thread to another on NL, Twiiter , Facebook etc then lamented bitterly and cursed Mr Obi for being a failure in governance.

May we not labour in vain doing vain job of carrying dead weight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by MarrisManah(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
E don finally red. For men to start mentioning Obi's name everywhere even when it was an insult to do that before says a lot. And I thought Obi was helping APC oh grin cheesy grin
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by sukar886: 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2023
I hate tinubu becos he is tribalistic , let him go to hell , Parkinson master, baba blue blue ba
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by bethel13593: 10:19am On Jan 08, 2023
Cry not Umuigbo for whatever a man sow, so shall he reap. Sow wind and reap whirlwind.Cry not Umuigbo for whatever a man sow, so shall he reap. Sow wind and reap whirlwind....
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by LILTJAY: 10:25am On Jan 08, 2023
we will chase then out after you become president... na to burn all the it markets for night cool
Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by MiaBeer(m): 9:12pm On Jan 08, 2023
Coolestguy2023:
Nothing but the bitter truth said by Tinubu. This is also what we all have been saying that Peter Pandora is a scam and a disgrace to the igbo nation. How Igbos elevated a failure to a demigod is what I am trying to understand
One stranded urchin spotted.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu by walefresh3(m): 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2023
Obi has done dis , obibhws done that goons can't move to where dey claimed obi had Developed.... Who dey fool who ?

I idleness pushed anambra youths into ipob/ unknown gun men activities...

Peter obi just fraud the people of anambra....

See poverty written in the face of the people below that obi claimed he had turned thier life to good...

Nigerianswatch out...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking ....tinubu Beats Obi In Agulu / Opobo Is An Igbo Man's Name (1830) / 2003 Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT) & 25% In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.