Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Indian Policemen "Harass" Nigerian Man, Sparks A Riot (Picture, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Indian Policemen "Harass" Nigerian Man, Sparks A Riot (Picture, Video) (30458 Views)

Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines / Policemen Trapped As Cash-Filled Bullion Van Catches Fire In Kebbi (Pictures) / Many Policemen Die In Ondo Auto Accident (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Indian Policemen "Harass" Nigerian Man, Sparks A Riot (Picture, Video) by Roger3D(m): 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2023
grandstar:

Was the Nigerian committing a crime? No.

It was because he was an illegal migrant.
None of us knows what he did wrong but I personally believe he was reported for an allegation of a crime
Re: Indian Policemen "Harass" Nigerian Man, Sparks A Riot (Picture, Video) by grandstar(m): 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
Roger3D:
None of us knows what he did wrong but I personally believe he was reported for an allegation of a crime

I doubt it. The Nigerians complained that it was their custom to harass them for money. It is common for corrupt policemen to prey on illegal migrants. They are very vulnerable and would do anything to prevent being deported.

Just as policemen see bus drivers as easy sources of cash, so it is with illegal migrants. You heard the complaints that many Nigerians are locked up until they can be enough bribes to get themselves out.

I am not saying we don't have bad eggs overseas but it is not every time are they the guilty party.
Re: Indian Policemen "Harass" Nigerian Man, Sparks A Riot (Picture, Video) by Tonymario58: 4:22am On Jan 10, 2023
lexy2014:

How does that negate the following?

Don't blame anybody. It has nothing to do with those in government. It's not those in govt that told nigerians to go to India to overstay their visas, engage in drug trafficking and 419 to defraud the citizens of India. If they can commit these crimes, why didn't they use that same brain to engage in productive activities?

My point is in abroad especially Asia, Nigerians and Africans at large are likely to be intimidated by host nationals due to disregard and scorn to their government not necessarily because of crime or criminal tendencies.
Nigerians are not really too criminal minded just that you're likely gonna get our news.
I'm talking based on my experience in Europe, Asia, and America

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Car Plunges Into Lagoon In Lagos, Wife And Child Die (Photos) / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / 29 African Migrants Trying To Cross To Italy Die As Boat Sinks In Tunisia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.