Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,797 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido (21797 Views)

Peter Obi & Obasanjo In Uyo For Burial Of Sunday Mbang / 2023: Some APC Members Prefer Atiku To Tinubu — Lamido / 2023: Don’t Vote For Atiku, Saraki, Peter Obi - Obasanjo Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by sangresan(m): 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2023
thesicilian:
Obasanjo's actions are not unexpected. He comes from a region that has a long history of betraying their own people. Awolowo, Abiola, Ige, the list goes on. Even Osibanjo was betrayed by Tinubu himself so it's a lifestyle for them.

Dem don waste money on your education...
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by toujurs: 6:34pm On Jan 08, 2023
You call tinubu strong? Same tinubu. Buhari used and dumped like a mumu.

Even atiku, is now tired of this election, atiku is in his dubai mansion right now, grin.

Peter obi, single handedly became a governor from no where, with all the billionaires in anambra. He was never influenced. It's now Obasanjo grin. Who be that one grin.

Obasanjo might become late, he is old, his concern now is to support the movement for a better Nigeria.

Buhari as well, knows he performed very poor, and knows tinubu is a thief,if you observe he barely attends Apc campaigns.

Buhari aim now, is to ensure, a free play ground for all candidate, to battle it out, fairly.
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by DMerciful(m): 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
Hope you're doing well in real life else you'd be likened to a fowl that has both legs tied by rope. The fowl was caught by a helper to remove the rope, the fowl was shouting that the helper wants to kill it.
lhordspy:
Obasanjo dont care about better Nigeria or not.

He only wants a political puppet . A presidential toy. Someone like Yaradua (God rest his soul)

He endorsed Buhari in 2015 after Jonathan wiseup and stop been his puppet. After Buhari won, The Northern cabal chanced him. He switch back to his enemy, Atiku in 2019 out of desperation. Atiku lost.

Now he knows Obi is a weakling, a very dull not sharp person. So he is lining up at his back too. He is craving for that godfather position again so bad. Since Goodluck put him to his place in 2015

Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by DMerciful(m): 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
But you're ok with Fulanis killing across Nigeria?
Exmilitant:
Lamido is in order here.
But if an ethnic group with a bias mind towards this country to the extent of designating it a zoo wants us to vote in their own, they are joking. cool cool

Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria.

I said it first!!!!!

Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Igboslayer: 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bennycollins:
equote author=Igboslayer post=119840227]Oloriburuku omo ale, what position is Cross rivers? Mumu man dey preten to be wise while he’s profoundly foolish.If Cross River with 36% is described as being in abject poverty what do you call those states 87+ ? Obviously you are a semi illiterate I don't need to continue larguing with your type.Bye
Mumu man, your Cross Rivers is in 18th position out of 36 states… Osun state is far better than your state and you think you are not in abject poverty…you reek and stink of poverty.

Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by walozanga(m): 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
animal, so Buhari is not a strong character
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by nkwuocha: 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2023
Memphitz357:

Watch as ediots, like Moh247, Ilordspy, CoronaVirusRelo they come to attack your post.

Lol.
That one concern them.
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by olatuns2017: 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://guardian.ng/news/lamido-tackles-obasanjo-over-obis-endorsement/?utm_term=Autofeed&echobox=twitter_post&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1673161655

If ATiku wins
Obj will not enter Asorock for lobby

If Tinubu wins ( most likely) obj may not even enter Abuja again

Tinubu will tyre the road leading to obj town

Apart from privatisation of Nitel....

Pls remind me of what obj did in infrastructure etc

Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Bennycollins: 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
Igboslayer:
Mumu man, your Cross Rivers is in 18th position out of 36 states… Osun state is far better than your state and you think you are not in abject poverty…you reek and stink of poverty.
You are obviously a pauper on 30k monthly stipends to promote some vicious politicians. Most honestly I am way above that ur level. It is a faceless forum so even a rat can say someone else who can probably feed it with crumbs is stinking of poverty.
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Igboslayer: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bennycollins:
You are obviously a pauper on 30k monthly stipends to promote some vicious politicians. Most honestly I am way above that ur level. It is a faceless forum so even a rat can say someone else who can probably feed it with crumbs is stinking of poverty.
Werey dey judge everybody by the poverty that has inflicted you… lazy stupid youth thinks because he’s wallowing in poverty, everybody is going through the same experience.

Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by baretalk: 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2023
He is right on this, everyone loves who they can control.
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Marpol2021(m): 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
Cry cry cry old man.keep on wailing.....
lhordspy:
Obasanjo dont care about better Nigeria or not.

He only wants a political puppet . A presidential toy. Someone like Yaradua (God rest his soul)

He endorsed Buhari in 2015 after Jonathan wiseup and stop been his puppet. After Buhari won, The Northern cabal chanced him. He switch back to his enemy, Atiku in 2019 out of desperation. Atiku lost.

Now he knows Obi is a weakling, a very dull not sharp person. So he is lining up at his back too. He is craving for that godfather position again so bad. Since Goodluck put him to his place in 2015

Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by erospecial: 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2023
Same Lamido IBJ endorsed with Amaechi to destroy PDP in 2015!
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Galadoma: 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2023
It's very unfortunate for Nigeria . Supposed Nigeria happened to be a sane country that detest corruption , (the bane of our progress and development / . The characters like sule Lamido would never find a voice in Nigeria polity again.
People like sule Lamido and co ( old cargoes ) never want Nigeria to be set free because they are the direct beneficiary of perennial corruption at the expense of poor masses. And they're not ready to give that up for anything .
The reason they keep on attacking anyone or any idea that looks certain to liberate Nigeria from their shackles.
Let him keep on wailing , new Nigeria is POssible .
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Exodus2023: 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
A u taking about strong character? Did OBJ not supported Buhari with a strong character? So where had he take us to now with his strong character?
These people a just trying to their personal interest that has kept us under captivity for long, OBJ knows them all.

adioolayi:

“He is doing it because he is angry with Tinubu and Atiku. What is their crime? Tinubu has a strong character and personality, so also Atiku. The fear of having people, who are very strong in character, is what is haunting him. With Atiku or Tinubu, he will not have the monopoly he is having over Nigeria.”

Lamido also subtly saying he prefers either Atiku or Tinubu ...but never a Peter Obi
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Ekzoba(m): 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2023
Igboslayer:
Igbos are bunch of funny people with many stupid individuals consistently promoting foolish ideas.
How on earth will Igbos believe Obi can defeat, either Tinubu or Atiku in a general election?

OBI ruled Anambra state, the second smallest state in Nigeria for 8 yrs and today Awka remains the worst state capital in Nigeria, no good road network or any meaningful infrastructure, and he told you he saved money.

Then you foolishly called that man the best to pull Nigeria through…A man who gave laptops to secondary school children to pass Waec and then denied them university education by increasing tuition fee by 200%.

Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2023
shineeye1:

SO MUCH SOUNDS AND FURY.. SIGNIFYING NOTHING!
Vain attempt to denigrate an accomplished living legend by an insignificant and unknown entity ...

Perhaps you know Obasanjo better than his own daughter? Now read to know whether she too is "an insignificant and unknown entity":

December 16, 2013

Open Letter to My Father
By Senator iyabo obasanjo-Bello, PhD

The great man is he who does not lose his child's-heart
Mencius, Chinese Philosopher of the 4th century

It brings me no joy to have to write this but since you started this trend of open letters I thought I would follow suit since you don’t listen to anyone anyway. The only way to reach you may be to make the public aware of some things. As a child well brought up by my long-suffering mother in Yoruba tradition, I have been reluctant to tell the truth about you but as it seems you still continue to delude yourself about the kind of person you are and I think for posterity’s sake it is time to set the records straight. I will return to the issue of my long-suffering mother later in this letter.
Like most Nigerians, I believe there are very enormous issues currently plaguing the country but I was surely surprised that you will be the one to publish such a treatise. I remember clearly as if it was yesterday the day I came over to Abuja from Abeokuta when I was Commissioner of Health in Ogun State, specifically to ask you not to continue to pursue the third term issue. I had tried to bring it up when your sycophantic aides were present and they brushed my comments aside and as usual you listened to their self-serving counsel. For you to accuse someone else of what you so obviously practiced yourself tells of your narcissistic megalomaniac personality. Everyone around for even a few minutes knows that the only thing you respond to is praise and worship of you. People have learnt how to manipulate you by giving you what you crave. The only ones that can’t and will not stroke your ego are family members who you universally treat like shit apart from the few who have learned to manipulate you like others.
Before I continue, Nigerians are people who see conspiracy and self-service in everything because I think they believe everyone is like them. This letter is not in support of President Jonathan or APC or any other group or person, but an outpouring from my soul to God. I don’t blame you for the many atrocities you have been able to get away with, Nigerians were your enablers every step of the way. People ultimately get leaders that reflect them. Getting back to the story, I made sure your aides were not around and brought up the issue, trying to deliver the presentation of the issue as I had practiced it in my head. I started with the fact that we copied the US constitution which has term limits of two terms for a President. As is your usual manner, you didn’t allow me to finish my thought process and listen to my point of view. Once I broached the subject you sat up and said that the US had no term limits in the past but that it had been introduced in the 1940s after the death of President Roosevelt, which is true. I wanted to say to you: when you copy something you also copy the modifications based on the learning from the original; only a fool starts from scratch and does not base his decisions on the learning of others. In science, we use the modifications found by others long ago to the most recent, as the basis of new findings; not going back to discover and learn what others have learnt. Human knowledge and development and civilization will not have progressed if each new generation and society did not build on the knowledge of others before them. The American constitution itself is based on several theories and philosophies of governance available in the 18th century. Democracy itself is a governance method started by the ancient Greeks. America’s founding fathers used it with modifications based on what hadn’t worked well for the ancient Greeks and on new theories since then.
As usual in our conversations, I kept quiet because I know you well. You weren’t going to change your mind based on my intervention as you had already made up your mind on the persuasion of the minions working for you who were ripping the country blind. When I spoke to you, your outward attitude to the people of the country was that you were not interested in the third term and that it was others pushing it. Your statement to me that day proved to me that you were the brain behind the third term debacle. It is therefore outrageous that you accuse the current President of a similar two-facedness that you yourself used against the people of the country.
I was on a plane trip between Abuja and Lagos around the time of the third term issue and I sat next to one of your sycophants on the plane. He told me: “Only obasanjo can rule Nigeria”. I replied: “God has not created a country where only one person can rule. If only one person can rule Nigeria then the whole Nigeria project is not a viable one, as it will be a non-sustainable project”. I don’t know how you came about Yar’Adua as the candidate for your party as it was not my priority or job. Unlike you, I focus on the issues I have been given responsibility over and not on the jobs of others. It was the day of the PDP Presidential Campaign in Abeokuta during the state-by-state tour of 2007 that Yar’Adua got sick and had to be flown abroad. The MKO Abiola Stadium was already filled with people by 9am when I drove by (and) we had told people based on the campaign schedule that the rally would start at noon.
At 11 am I headed for the stadium on foot; it was a short walk as there were so many cars already parked in and out. As I walked on with two other people, we saw crowds of people leaving the stadium. I recognized some of them as politicians and I asked them why people were leaving. They said the Presidential candidate had died. I was alarmed and shocked. I
walked back home and received a call from a friend in Lagos who said the same and added that he had died in the plane carrying him abroad for treatment and that the plane was on its way to Katsina to bury him.
I called you, and told you the information and that the stadium was already half-empty. You told me to go to the stadium and tell the people on the podium to announce that the Presidential candidate had taken ill that morning but the rest of the team, including you and the Vice-Presidential candidate would arrive shortly. I did as I was told, but even the people on the podium at first didn’t make the announcement because they thought it was true that Yar’Adua had died. I had to take the microphone and make the announcement myself. It did little good. People kept trooping out of the stadium. Your team didn’t arrive until 4pm and by this time we had just a sprinkling of people left.
That evening after the disaster of a rally, you said you had insisted that the Presidential candidate fly to Germany for a check-up although you said he only had a cold. I asked why would anyone fly to Germany to treat a cold? And you said “I would rather die than have the man die at this time". I thought of this profound statement as things later unfolded against me. Then I thought it a stupid statement but as usual I kept quiet, little did I know how your machinations for a person would be used against me. When Yar’Adua eventually died, you stayed alive, I would have expected you to jump into his grave.
I left Nigeria in 1989 right after youth service to study in the US and I visited in 1994 for a week and didn’t visit again until your inauguration in 1999. In between, you had been arrested by Abacha and jailed. We, your children, had no one who stood with us. Stella famously went around collecting money on your behalf but we had no one. We survived. I was the only one of the children working then as a post-doctoral fellow when I got the call from a friend informing me of your arrest.
A week before your arrest, you had called me from Denmark and I had told you that you should be careful that the government was very offended by some of your statements and actions and may be planning to arrest or kill you as was occurring to many at the time. The source of my information was my mother who, agitated, had called me, saying I should warn you as this was the rumour in the country. As usual you brushed aside my comments, shouting on the phone that they cannot try anything and you will do and say as you please. The consequence of your bravado is history.
We, your family, have borne the brunt of your direct cruelty and also suffered the consequences of your stupidity but got none of the benefits of your successes. Of course, anyone around you knows how little respect you have for your children.
You think our existence on earth is about you. By the way, how many are we? 19, 20, 21? Do you even know? In the last five years, how many of these children have you spoken to? How many grandchildren do you have and when did you last see each of them? As President you would listen to advice of people that never finished high school who would say anything to keep having access to you so as to make money over your children who loved you and genuinely wished you well.
At your first inauguration in 1999, I and my brothers and sisters told you we were coming from the US. As is usual with you, you made no arrangements for our trip, instead our mom organized to meet each of us and provided accommodation. At the actual swearing-in at Eagle Square, the others decided to watch it on TV. Instead I went to the square and I was pushed and tossed by the crowd.
I managed to get in front of the crowd where I waved and shouted at you as you and General Abdulsalam Abubakar walked past to go back to the VIP seating area. I saw you mouth ‘my daughter’ to General Abdullahi who was the one who pulled me out of the crowd and gave me a seat. As I looked around I saw Stella and Stella’s family prominently seated but none of your children. I am sure General Abdullahi would remember this incident and I am eternally grateful to him.
Getting back to my mother, I still remember your beating her up continually when we were kids. What kids can forget that kind of violence against their mother? Your maltreatment of women is legendary. Many of your women have come out to denounce you in public but since your madness is also part of the madness of the society, it is the women that are usually ignored and mistreated. Of course, you are the great pretender, making people believe you have a good family life and a good relationship with your children but once in a while your pretence gets cracked.
When Gbenga gave a ride to help someone he didn’t know but saw was in need and the person betrayed his trust by taping his candid response on the issues going on between you and your then vice-president, Atiku Abubakar, you had your aides go on air and denounce the boy before you even spoke to him to find out what happened. What kind of father does that? Your atrocities to some of my other siblings I will let them tell in their own due time or never if they choose.
Some of the details of our life are public but the people choose to ignore it and pretended we enjoyed some largesse when you were President.
This punishing the innocent is part of Nigeria’s continuing sins against God. While you were military head of state and lived in Dodan Barracks, we stayed either with our mum in the twobedroom apartment provided for her by General Murtala Mohammed or with your relatives, Bose, Yemisi and your sisters’ kids in the Boys Quarters of Dodan Barracks. At Queens College, I remember being too ashamed to tell my wealthy classmates from Queen’s College, Lagos we lived in the two room Boys Quarters or in the two room flat on Lawrence Street.
No, we did not have privileged upbringing but our mother emphasized education and that has been our salvation. Of my mother’s 6 children 4 have PhDs. Of the two without PhD, one has a Master’s and the other is an engineer. They are no slouches. Education provided a way to make our way in the world.
You are one of those petty people who think the progress and success of another takes from you. You try to overshadow everyone around you, before you and after you. You are the prototypical “Mr. Know it all”. You’ve never said “I don’t know” on any topic, ever. Of course this means you surround yourself with idiots who will agree with you on anything and need you for financial gain and you need them for your insatiable ego. This your attitude is a reflection of the country. It is not certain which came first, your attitude seeping into the country’s psyche or the country accepting your irresponsible behavior for so long.
Like you and your minions, it’s a symbiotic relationship. Nigeria has descended into a hellish reality where smart, capable people to “survive” and have their daily bread prostrate to imbeciles. Everybody trying to pull everybody else down with greed and selfishness — the only traits that gets you anywhere. Money must be had and money and power is king. Even the supposed down-trodden agree with this.
Nigeria accused me of fraud with the Ministry of Health. As you yourself know, both in Abeokuta and Abuja I lived in your houses as a Senator. In Lagos, I stayed in my mum’s bungalow which she succeeded in getting from you when you abandoned her with six children to live in Abeokuta with Stella.
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by ogatboy(m): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2023
Afraid of strong character but supported even though not endorse Atiku in 2019. Was Atiku a weak character then
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Globad(f): 11:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
thesicilian:
Obasanjo's actions are not unexpected. He comes from a region that has a long history of betraying their own people. Awolowo, Abiola, Ige, the list goes on. Even Osibanjo was betrayed by Tinubu himself so it's a lifestyle for them.

Osinbajo was betrayed by Tinubu? How?
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Igboslayer: 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2023
[quote author=Ekzoba post=119849072][/quote]

Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Jadeng: 11:50pm On Jan 08, 2023
OBJ might be retired but still a General!
Quote me anywhere, Generals can be anything but never afraid!
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:40am On Jan 09, 2023
thesicilian:
This is not a case of betrayal, He is just in a mission to secure Nigeria
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Deelaw(m): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2023
Yes oooo! He needs to be afraid of what Nigeria will become under those characters, especially emilokan
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Mrkindness: 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2023
Do we need a thiefing strong character or we need a truthful sincere Nigeria to lead us.
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by jahsharon: 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
tuborme:
You mean strong thieves?

Yes, weak thieves like Goatluck Jonnaddaft and Muhammadu Buhari are worse.
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by jahsharon: 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
sangresan:

Dem don waste money on your education...

Money gotten from drugs trafficking and baby factory can never be used for any good thing
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by jahsharon: 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2023
Igboslayer:
Igbos are bunch of funny people with many stupid individuals consistently promoting foolish ideas.
How on earth will Igbos believe Obi can defeat, either Tinubu or Atiku in a general election?

OBI ruled Anambra state, the second smallest state in Nigeria for 8 yrs and today Awka remains the worst state capital in Nigeria, no good road network or any meaningful infrastructure, and he told you he saved money.

Then you foolishly called that man the best to pull Nigeria through…A man who gave laptops to secondary school children to pass Waec and then denied them university education by increasing tuition fee by 200%.

Even the Obituary himself permanently lives in Lagos. He cannot live in the state he governed for 8 years
Re: Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido by Scamburster(m): 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
SAMJAY7:
Ekwensu
Devil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Betta Edu: N30bn Recovered, 50 Bank Accounts Under Investigation — EFCC / Reps Give Conditions To Back Dogara / Femi Otedola Denies Declaring Intention To Run For Lagos Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.