Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? (732 Views)

What The Bible Says About Prayer And Prostration / Atheists, What Is The VALUE Of Human Life? / Be Bold About Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? by LoveKing(m): 10:49am On Sep 04, 2011
I just wanna ask the resident atheists what you think about prayer, in all religions. is it foolishness to you? or idiocy? you know prayer is a religious thing, at least the origin of prayer is religion.
Re: Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 04, 2011
Psychological placebo.
Re: Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? by claremont(m): 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2011
Prayer is a classical symptom of the disease called religion, religion is a mental illness.
Re: Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2011
Have you not heard Atheists shouting 'in Jesus name ' when they escape an encounter with death or [b]'God help me' [/b]when under durress and danger grin grin grin

A confused buncn of blind people.

May God deliver them !!!
Re: Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? by globexl: 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2011
frosbel:

Have you not heard Atheists shouting 'in Jesus name ' when they escape an encounter with death or [b]'God help me' [/b]when under durress and danger grin grin grin

May God deliver them !!!
I was raised christian so most times when i say "oh my god or jesus christ" , it more out out habit than out of genuine faith. Remeber, these beliefs and habits were drummed into our consciouness at infancy, long before we could even articulate a single thought of our own.
As for prayer, martian got right when he called it a Placebo. A feel-good drug.
We generated megatons of prayer power everyday in Nigeria, And, ? Any sign that we are being heard? Nobody home Or are we dialing the wrong number? We need to eradicate malaria. A pastor came to me once and give me a piece of paper and an envelope to write my prayer request so that his prayer warriors convey the message to god. i smiled and wrote as my prayer request,the eradication of malaria. That was along time ago. malaria is still killing thousands of children everyday in Nigeria. Why Frosbel?
Re: Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? by mazaje(m): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2011
Waste of time. . . .Its nothing but a psychological placebo as rightly stated above. . . .
Re: Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2011
Yes we pray
Re: Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? by manmustwac(m): 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2011
what do i think of prayer?

The sailor dose not pray for wind, he learns to sail.

-Gustaf Lindborg

Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Unknown

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.

-Unknown
Re: Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? by thehomer: 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2011
A waste of time directly proportional to the degree of one's religious faith.

Edited for clarity.
Re: Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? by PA1982(f): 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2011
frosbel:

May God deliver them !!!

No, I haven't heard anything like that, frosbel.
In those sorts of situations I don't generally listen to people's exclamations nor ask them their religious beliefs, but am rather trying to to help those around me.
Your comment says a lot about you.
Re: Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer? by thehomer: 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2011
frosbel:

May God deliver them !!!

Hmm. Have you prayed for God to deliver them?

(1) (Reply)

Must U Regularly Butcher Ur Neighbours To Prove U Re A Better Servant Of Allah / Seven Thousand Did Not Bow / Where Was God? - To The Atheists And Critics Of Almighty God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.