Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,806 members, 7,844,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor (621 Views)

I Laugh Hard When People Feel There's Nothing Good in/from the North (pictures) / When Black Lives Matter / The Latest Hypocrisy Is When Black Lives Matter In America, Does Not In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor by nairavsdollars(f): 9:46pm On Jan 08, 2023
The Right Worshipful Mr George Cole, The Lord Mayor of Leicester, on Sunday eulogised the Senior Pastor of The Envoy Nation, Dele Osunmakinde whom he described as a godly man who preaches the Bible with great authority.

The pastor and the congregants were surprised when the Lord Mayor, who is Leicester’s first citizen walked into the service which held at the Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel located in Grandby Street in United Kingdom.

Addressing the church, Cole said for unknown reasons, he had a great urge to fellowship and would have attended with his wife, the Lord Mayoress but she is currently recovering from an operation.

He also commended the church members for the atmosphere of warmth and sense of oneness which was evident throughout the service.

He said “For some unknown reasons yesterday, I had this great urge to come to this church. The Lady Mayoress would have been with me but she is recovering from an operation. But she does ask me to pass on her good wishes and blessings. Now she is a church-goer and it is my expectation that you will see her here at least once and it will be up to you then to persuade her”.

“The sense of family is the first thing that I picked up as I came into this church. You will say you are entitled to say that since you are in a church. I don’t have to say that because I have freewill not to say it but I do choose to say it”.

“It is the second time I am meeting the pastor and it is the same kind of warmth, camaraderie, godliness about him which I find very magnetic. He delivered the word of the Bible with such an authority by preachers and pastors that I have seen for many years. I do congratulate you for having a pastor who is a true believer and he doesn’t demand”.

“The first time I met the pastor was at the East Midlands African Business Fair. I was surprised by something he said to me. He said ‘ I know you from somewhere’. I was thinking but I have never seen you before. He said I used to see you at Abbey Park going around, walking briskly around the park. I was thinking ;yes, I usually do that, but how did you see me? He says he also goes to the park some mornings for a brisk walk”.

“I was thinking to myself ‘isn’t life strange? There is this saying that no man is an island. And they say the world is a small place. I just felt the proof of that when he made that comment. But there is something I quite liked which he also said . He said he saw this old man walking very fast and he hoped that when he gets that old, he will be able to walk that fast as wel”l.

“What my wife does says to me all the time is that age is just a number. It is really all about what is in your heart and how you share that humanity that we all have in a godly way”.

“But nothing gives me the greatest of joy than to see a collection of black people together feeling good about themselves , wanting to rejoice about who they are and understanding that they are in a space that might be dominated by another race nation but they are confident in who we are and what it is that we are about”.

Mayor of Leicester visits Envoy Nation, eulogises Osunmakinde https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/mayor-of-leicester-visits-envoy-nation-eulogises-osunmakinde/

1 Like

Re: It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor by hisexcellency34: 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
Blacks and Indians are dominating UK

1 Like

Re: It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor by Oghene1st: 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Blacks and Indians are dominating UK

Nai make UK don dey get poor economy. Very soon, e go collapse.

1 Like

Re: It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor by hisexcellency34: 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
They are even the ones developing the economy
Oghene1st:

Re: It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor by bennybuhari: 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
Expect a black Prime Minister very soon
Re: It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor by Jalinspy(f): 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
Na Pakistan get Uk

1 Like

Re: It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor by bennybuhari: 4:00am On Jan 09, 2023
Indians
Jalinspy:
Na Pakistan get Uk
Re: It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor by nairavsdollars(f): 6:31am On Jan 09, 2023
UK get poor economy Describe poor economy pls
Oghene1st:

Re: It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor by JoeNL22(m): 6:34am On Jan 09, 2023
nairavsdollars:
The Right Worshipful Mr George Cole, The Lord Mayor of Leicester, on Sunday eulogised the Senior Pastor of The Envoy Nation, Dele Osunmakinde whom he described as a godly man who preaches the Bible with great authority.

The pastor and the congregants were surprised when the Lord Mayor, who is Leicester’s first citizen walked into the service which held at the Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel located in Grandby Street in United Kingdom.

Addressing the church, Cole said for unknown reasons, he had a great urge to fellowship and would have attended with his wife, the Lord Mayoress but she is currently recovering from an operation.

He also commended the church members for the atmosphere of warmth and sense of oneness which was evident throughout the service.

He said “For some unknown reasons yesterday, I had this great urge to come to this church. The Lady Mayoress would have been with me but she is recovering from an operation. But she does ask me to pass on her good wishes and blessings. Now she is a church-goer and it is my expectation that you will see her here at least once and it will be up to you then to persuade her”.

“The sense of family is the first thing that I picked up as I came into this church. You will say you are entitled to say that since you are in a church. I don’t have to say that because I have freewill not to say it but I do choose to say it”.

“It is the second time I am meeting the pastor and it is the same kind of warmth, camaraderie, godliness about him which I find very magnetic. He delivered the word of the Bible with such an authority by preachers and pastors that I have seen for many years. I do congratulate you for having a pastor who is a true believer and he doesn’t demand”.

“The first time I met the pastor was at the East Midlands African Business Fair. I was surprised by something he said to me. He said ‘ I know you from somewhere’. I was thinking but I have never seen you before. He said I used to see you at Abbey Park going around, walking briskly around the park. I was thinking ;yes, I usually do that, but how did you see me? He says he also goes to the park some mornings for a brisk walk”.

“I was thinking to myself ‘isn’t life strange? There is this saying that no man is an island. And they say the world is a small place. I just felt the proof of that when he made that comment. But there is something I quite liked which he also said . He said he saw this old man walking very fast and he hoped that when he gets that old, he will be able to walk that fast as wel”l.

“What my wife does says to me all the time is that age is just a number. It is really all about what is in your heart and how you share that humanity that we all have in a godly way”.

“But nothing gives me the greatest of joy than to see a collection of black people together feeling good about themselves , wanting to rejoice about who they are and understanding that they are in a space that might be dominated by another race nation but they are confident in who we are and what it is that we are about”.

Mayor of Leicester visits Envoy Nation, eulogises Osunmakinde https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/mayor-of-leicester-visits-envoy-nation-eulogises-osunmakinde/
Obi....please say hi to this man
Re: It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor by nairavsdollars(f): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2023
Is he Obidiently Yusful too
JoeNL22:

Obi....please say hi to this man
Re: It Gives Me Joy When Black People Feel Good About Who They Are - Leicester Mayor by bennybuhari: 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2023
Black PM is possible

(1) (Reply)

More Videos From Tinubu/shettima Enugu Rally As Tinubu Delivers His Speech / The Is Not A Rally, It Is A Celebration Of Victory - Akpabio Exclaimed / I actually pity Tinubu for the first time after watching this video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.