Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun (492 Views)

Mom Of 5 Dies After Falling Off Party Bus While Celebrating Her 30th Birthday / Brothers Visit Akara Seller Who Gave Them Free Snacks Everyday On Way To School / Wife Bites Off Husband’s Private Part Over Boyfriend In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by dre11(m): 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2023
A woman, on Sunday, died on her way to church, after falling off her husband’s motorcycle at Fajol axis of Obantoko area in Abeokuta.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) gathered that the incident happened as the husband of the deceased lost control in the process of avoiding a head-on collision with another motorcycle coming from the opposite direction.

NAN also gathered that the rider of the Bajaj motorcycle, with registration number: TTN 08 VG was carrying three persons, including his wife, when the incident happened.

It was learnt that the husband swerved to a side of the road, but his wife, who appeared not to be sitting comfortably, suddenly fell off the motorcycle and died immediately.

Spokesman of Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi , confirmed the accident.

Akinbiyi attributed the incident to reckless riding on the part of the motorcyclist, which led to loss of control and in the process, the woman sitting at the back fell off, hit her head on the ground and died on the spot.

He said that the motorcycle had been moved away from the road by the police for further investigation, while the dead body was taken away by the family.

“According to an eyewitness account, the crash happened when the motorcycle conveying the dead woman, her husband (rider) and child were making their way toward Fajol, inbound Obantoko, for church service.

“In an attempt to avoid a head-on collision with another motorcyclist from an opposite direction, he swerved and the woman, who was also his wife, due to shock and not being well-balanced in her sitting position, fell and died instantly.

“Unfortunately, the other motorcyclist involved in the crash ran away,” he said

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/woman-dies-after-falling-off-husbands-motorcycle-on-way-to-church-in-ogun/

Nlfpmod
Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by ThoughtOfYou: 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2023
That is very sad. RIP
Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by chatinent: 10:05pm On Jan 08, 2023
When he drifted to the side, she fell. It was over speed. If he wasn't over-speeding, she would be alive.
Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by TimT: 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Arise O Compatriots..........
Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by doggedfighter(f): 10:18pm On Jan 08, 2023
Who knows a helmet would have saved her life.

But it's hardly used these days.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by Jennyclay(f): 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
Rip to the departed soul.

This matter should be investigated properly. The man must have an ulterior motive for killing his wife... I mean why would he increase the speed despite knowing fully well his wife was sitting behind him undecided

Honestly, men can't be trusted. Men are heartless. Why doing fast & furious when you have a family sitting behind you? undecided. Biko, proper investigation should be carried out.
Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by habsydiamond(m): 10:23pm On Jan 08, 2023
Inside new year. God have mercy o
Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by Abolodje: 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2023
Jennyclay:
This matter should be investigated properly. The man must have an ulterior motive for killing his wife... I mean why would he increase the speed despite knowing fully well that his wife was sitting behind him.

Shut up you sound stupid like always
Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by jaeyking(m): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
An helmet could have reduced damage

May Her soul rest in peace

Too much unfortunate news at the beginning of this year

Please let's encourage positive news biko
Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by GboyegaD(m): 10:43pm On Jan 08, 2023
May God test her soul.
Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by Amotolongbo(f): 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
doggedfighter:
Who knows a helmet would have saved her life.

But it's hardly used these days.
Staying at home would have prevented that from happening to her
Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by frozen70(f): 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
dre11:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/woman-dies-after-falling-off-husbands-motorcycle-on-way-to-church-in-ogun/

Nlfpmod

It a very sad and unfortunate situation

A helmet would have saved the situation

Then for him to carry three people on his bike me and that the woman was not seating properly or probably was no holding any part of the Okada and a guard to stop her from falling off

She could have died of shock and maybe she was hypertensive and may not have been taking care of it

I don't believe the man killed her on purpose, what will he gain for the fact that they were even going to church together and this wasn't their first time

One thing that was I hate about Okada is that, only the rider has a firm grip on the other passenger is holding nothing
Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by doggedfighter(f): 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2023
Amotolongbo:
Staying at home would have prevented that from happening to her

But our people will rather die than miss religious meetings hence I suggested helmet.

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by Amotolongbo(f): 11:11pm On Jan 08, 2023
doggedfighter:

But our people will rather die than miss religious meetings hence I suggested helmet.
I understand.

And if the woman was on her way to the market on Sunday and that fate happened to her, the so called religious vipers would have attributed the death to be as a result of not attending church

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by doggedfighter(f): 11:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
Amotolongbo:
I understand.

And if the woman was on her way to the market on Sunday and that fate happened to her, the so called religious vipers would have attributed the death to be as a result of not attending church

Same people keep shut and make excuses for God when people die while coming back from night vigils, crusades, deliverance programs.

I lost a kinsman last month while coming back from morning mass.

Hit by a car.

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies After Falling Off Husband’s Motorcycle On Way To Church In Ogun by Evablizin(f): 6:56am On Jan 09, 2023
May her soul rest in peace .

(1) (Reply)

Letter Arrives After 100years / I Am Still Homeless / Have You Dated A Faithful Boyfriend Or Did You Marry A Faithful Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.