Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! (3169 Views)

Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted / The Evil Spirit That Corrupted Lucifer (satan's) Mind; Where Did It Come From? / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2011
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by LagosShia: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2011
KEEP LIVING IN DENIAL!!!

MUMU!!!
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2011
I'm impressed by that video, frosbel.
It's as specious a bit of reasoning as I've seen in some time and thanks for posting up such a perfect example of Christian apologetics scraping the bottom of the barrel.

It will have escaped no-one's attention, of course, that the bits and pieces of the gospel the man quotes as being from the 2nd and third century (and we are literally talking about scraps of text) were all written in,
Greek.
Yes, Greek.

A language neither Jesus nor his apostles nor his followers spoke.
In fact, many of the word plays from the NT are only understandable from the Greek.
And since that fellow was burbling on about the accuracy of the NT as we know, perhaps you could tell what the last words of Jesus were.

Why on earth do you start a thread with such stuff?
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2011
Time for a reality check on the 'incorrupt' NT.

http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/papyrus/texts/manuscripts.html
The New Testament text we read in our English Bibles is based on the original Greek text. We know this text, albeit imperfectly, through a large number of ancient manuscripts. All these manuscripts are mere copies, and the great majority of them are copies of copies, yet ultimately they all derive from the originals. In the process of copying, however, scribal errors are bound to occur. There is not a single copy wholly free from mistakes

With the exception of Sin. the oldest manuscripts are not complete. Moreover they contain scribal errors of all sorts. P46 is a case in point: it is the manuscript with the largest percentage of blunders on record!

P46 is one of the earliest known scraps of a gospel. And with the largest % of mistakes.

Here's another source of information:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_oldest_Greek_manuscript_of_the_Gospel_of_Mark

If you are referring to an almost entire manuscript of the Gospel of Mark, then you would go to Codex Vaticanus at around 300 AD, closely followed by Codex Sinaiticus (Aleph) dated at around 350 AD. [b]These however, are not quite complete as they have space allocated for missing verses at the end of Mark and then continue into Luke. [/b]In fact, in the Vaticanus manuscript, the space left for the ending is the only such space left in the entire manuscript.

My bolding.

On the subject of textual variations:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textual_variants_in_the_New_Testament#Gospel_of_Luke
Origen, writing in the 3rd century, was one of the first who remarked differences between manuscripts of texts that were eventually collected as the New Testament. He declared his preferences among variant readings. For example, in Matthew 27:16–17, he favored "Barabbas" against "Jesus Barabbas" (In Matt. Comm. ser. 121). In John 1:28, he preferred "Bethabara" over "Bethany" as the location where John was baptizing (Commentary on John VI.40 (24)). "Gergeza" was preferred over "Geraza" or "Gadara" (Commentary on John VI.40 (24) – see Matthew 8:28). At Hebrews 2:9, Origen noticed two different readings: "apart from God" and "by the grace of God".

Mill estimated the number of variations in the New Testament text at 30,000[1] based on ',  nearly 100 manuscripts , '.[2] Eberhard Nestle estimated this number as 150,000–200,000.[3] Ehrman has estimated ", between 200,000–400,000 variants [in] several million pages of manuscripts."[4]

Since 1981, Greek New Testament manuscripts have commonly been categorized into five groups.

An abbreviated list of textual variants in the New Testament is given in this article (below).

And what about differences between the two most complete early texts we have?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differences_between_codices_Sinaiticus_and_Vaticanus

Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus, two of great uncial codices, representatives of the Alexandrian text-type, are considered excellent manuscript witnesses of the text of the New Testament. Most critical editions of the Greek New Testament give precedence to these two chief uncial manuscripts, and the majority of translations are based on their text. Nevertheless, there are many differences between these two manuscripts. According to Dean Burgon: "It is in fact easier to find two consecutive verses in which these two MSS differ the one from the other, than two consecutive verses in which they entirely agree."[1]

And just a an historical curiosity, here's:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Historical_Account_of_Two_Notable_Corruptions_of_Scripture

Now about the ending of Mark, which has puzzled scholars for over a thousand years?
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OerzqA13QvIJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Mark+earliest+manuscripts+of+the+gospels&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

,  The last twelve verses are missing from the oldest manuscripts of Mark's Gospel.[30] The style of these verses differs from the rest of Mark, suggesting they were a later addition. In a handful of manuscripts, a "short ending" is included after 16:8, but before the "long ending", and exists by itself in one of the earliest Old Latin codices, Codex Bobiensis. By the 5th century, at least four different endings have been attested. (See Mark 16 for a more comprehensive treatment of this topic.) Possibly, the Long Ending (16:9-20) started as a summary of evidence for Jesus' resurrection and the apostles' divine mission, based on other gospels.[31] It was likely composed early in the 2nd century and incorporated into the gospel around the middle of the 2nd century.[31]

Therefore, the Gospel of Mark may have originally ended abruptly at Mark 16:8. This has become problematic for scholars, as it is unlikely that a Christian author would have intentionally ended his gospel in such a fashion. The most common explanation is that the ending was lost. This is not uncommon with ancient scrolls due to their wearing patterns. The gospel may have been unfinished, due to death or some form of persecution. Finally Mark could have been a two volume work in the tradition of Luke-Acts, the second volume being lost or unfinished.[24][32][33] [34]

Irenaeus, c. 180, quoted from the long ending, specifically as part of Mark's gospel.[35] The 3rd-century theologian Origen of Alexandria quoted the resurrection stories in Matthew, Luke, and John but failed to quote anything after Mark 16:8, suggesting that his copy of Mark stopped there. Eusebius and Jerome both mention the majority of texts available to them omitted the longer ending.[36] ,

I think this is enough to explain just why I found the smug assertions of the person in the OP's video to be quite so offensively unpalatable.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2011
PA1982:

Time for a reality check on the 'incorrupt' NT.

http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/papyrus/texts/manuscripts.html
P46 is one of the earliest known scraps of a gospel. And with the largest % of mistakes.

Here's another source of information:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_oldest_Greek_manuscript_of_the_Gospel_of_Mark

My bolding.

On the subject of textual variations:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textual_variants_in_the_New_Testament#Gospel_of_Luke

And what about differences between the two most complete early texts we have?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differences_between_codices_Sinaiticus_and_Vaticanus

And just a an historical curiosity, here's:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Historical_Account_of_Two_Notable_Corruptions_of_Scripture

Now about the ending of Mark, which has puzzled scholars for over a thousand years?
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OerzqA13QvIJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Mark+earliest+manuscripts+of+the+gospels&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

I think this is enough to explain just why I found the smug assertions of the person in the OP's video to be quite so offensively unpalatable.

You find them offensive because they are accurate and contain truths that you wish were not true.

The bible has been maligned, debated, rejected and attempts made to completely wipe out any traces , but today it stands as sure as your existence , because God's word is here to stay and will ultimately be your judge on the last day.

You can try to sound intelligent by rushing off to Wikipedia and coming back to this forum with a diverse range of chaotic excerpts , but at the end of the day , they are exactly what they are, falsehoods. I am also somewhat surprised that you use Wikipedia for any research , shocking to say the least !!!!

A book written by scores of men , unrelated in time. but corroborating each other , confirming mutual prophecies, repeating stories and matching expectations in future generations is a wonder and can only be divine in nature.

Obviously those void of the nature of God cannot comprehend these deep truths,
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2011
Save your insults for people who take you seriously, frosbel.

You know very well the NT is as corrupt as any other text that can be named.
You don't like Wiki?
Because it uses 'big' words?

It's an excellent starting place to learn, frosbel, and infinitely superior to that bigoted and ill informed vid you posted up.

A book written by scores of men , unrelated in time. but corroborating each other , confirming mutual prophecies, repeating stories and matching expectations in future generations is a wonder and can only be divine in nature.

Err. OK. Tell us what the last words of Jesus were.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^^^

Do you believe Jesus Christ was crucified , died and rose again ?

Or are you a Muslim who believes he was not crucified, but someone else in his stead.

If you do not believe, then you must have had to reject layers and layers of vital truths to have come to that conclusion.

And regarding  insults    If I insulted you , apologies but that was not my intention or understanding of the comments I made.

And what about his last words, what difference will that make to you since Muslims deny the son-ship of Christ , but go ahead and follow a pervert and morally depraved man called 'prophet' Muhammad.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by LagosShia: 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2011
frosbel:

^^^^

Or are you a Muslim who believes he was not crucified, but someone else in his stead.

If you do not believe, then you must have had to reject layers and layers of vital truths to have come to that conclusion.

And regarding  insults    If I insulted you , apologies but that was not my intention or understanding of the comments I made.

And what about his last words, what difference will that make to you since Muslims deny the son-ship of Christ , but go ahead and follow a pervert and morally depraved man called 'prophet' Muhammad.

na your "papa" (thats if u know who he is) be pervert for giving birth to a re.tard like you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2011
frosbel:

^^^^

What on Earth are you on about?
What on Earth does it matter to you what my religious beliefs are?
Do all who question you have to be Muslims?

I'll confess I'm amused by your fixation about Muslims- do you dream about them at night?

Is there some reason why you're avoiding my question, frosbel?
What were Jesus' last words?
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2011
PA1982:

What on Earth are you on about?
What on Earth does it matter to you what my religious beliefs are?
Do all who question you have to be Muslims?

I'll confess I'm amused by your fixation about Muslims- do you dream about them at night?

Is there some reason why you're avoiding my question, frosbel?

Having debated with many Muslims here and elsewhere , it does not take rocket science to decipher the the context of their questions.

You know what his words were, and you come here asking me to hear what I have to say and then go on a typical Allah rant.

I am sparing you the trouble by ignoring that silly question.

Typical Muslims and their circular, pointless arguments.

Jesus is Lord, Muhammad is false and ALLAH is a fake.

I am sorry but this is the TRUTH.

Love,

Frosbel.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 7:55am On Sep 05, 2011
frosbel, you are certainly no prophet!
frosbel:

Having debated with many Muslims here and elsewhere , it does not take rocket science to decipher the the context of their questions.

You know what his words were, and you come here asking me to hear what I have to say and then go on a typical Allah rant.

I am sparing you the trouble by ignoring that silly question.

Typical Muslims and their circular, pointless arguments.

Jesus is Lord, Muhammad is false and ALLAH is a fake.

I am sorry but this is the TRUTH.

Love,

Frosbel.

Your post says so much about you.
Do you have any idea just how small you appear with these unfounded claims?
I could sport with you some time more on the subject of your ill-judged and ill-mannered outburst, but I'm interested in how you can defend the 'incorrupted' text of the NT.
I suspect those reading the thread have had enough amusement at your expense.

Come, answer the question, what were Jesus' last words?
And so the readers of this thread have no doubts about you demented bigotry, let me assure one and all I am not Muslim.
Though I honour and respect all peoples' religious choices. Would you could say the same, frosbel!

So answer the question, frosbel, you're running out of excuses.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by MyJoe: 8:25am On Sep 05, 2011
Oga frosbel, I think she's actually a Christian.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2011
Does it matter, MyJoe?
My question is important in the context of the OP, my religious beliefs, not.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 05, 2011
MyJoe:

Oga frosbel, I think she's actually a Christian.

A Christian 

And asking me what were Jesus's last words, just for an irrelevant argument sake !!!

I have no time for that.

I believe in Absolutes , it is either fact of fiction, it cannot be both.

Its easier engaging atheists, Muslims etc because we all know where we stand and are coming from. grin

Getting into such a debate in my opinion will get us nowhere because it appears that we  are as diametrically opposed as night and day .
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PastorAIO: 10:59am On Sep 05, 2011
frosbel:

A Christian 

And asking me what were Jesus's last words, just for an irrelevant argument sake !!!

I have no time for that.

I believe in Absolutes , it is either fact of fiction, it cannot be both.

Its easier engaging atheists, Muslims etc because we all know where we stand and are coming from.  grin

Getting into such a debate in my opinion will get us nowhere because it appears that we  are as diametrically opposed as night and day .

Frosbel, stop being such a bigot!  You've been asked a simple question.  Answer na!!  How is it irrelevant?
you say:

But actually she doesn't.  And neither does any christian or anybody who's read the bible for that matter.  And that includes you.  YOU DO NOT KNOW  WHAT THE LAST WORDS OF JESUS ARE  FOR ONE SIMPLE FACT.
THERE ARE NO TWO CONSISTENT ACCOUNTS OF JESUS' DEATH IN THE BIBLE.

Let's stop beating around the bush with this issue.  And as for you Frosbel, you are a very disturbed individual.  Tirelessly fighting with people, chasing heresies here and there, condemning moslems, after moslems you go to catholics, From catholics it will be the turn of methodists.  I wonder what is biting you like that that you have to go on in such a deranged manner.  It can't be anything short of some form of devilment.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by LagosShia: 11:17am On Sep 05, 2011
Pastor AIO:

just a point of correction.you meant "two inconsistent",not "two consistent" as you mistakenly typed.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2011
^ No, i think he meant it the way he wrote it.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Frosbel, stop being such a bigot!  You've been asked a simple question.  Answer na!!  How is it irrelevant?
you say:
But actually she doesn't.  And neither does any christian or anybody who's read the bible for that matter.  And that includes you.  YOU DO NOT KNOW  WHAT THE LAST WORDS OF JESUS ARE  FOR ONE SIMPLE FACT.

Let's stop beating around the bush with this issue.  And as for you Frosbel, you are a very disturbed individual.  Tirelessly fighting with people, chasing heresies here and there, condemning moslems, after moslems you go to catholics, From catholics it will be the turn of methodists.  I wonder what is biting you like that that you have to go on in such a deranged manner.  It can't be anything short of some form of devilment.

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." - Matthew 7:6
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 05, 2011
you say:
[color=#990000]THERE ARE NO TWO CONSISTENT ACCOUNTS OF JESUS' DEATH IN THE BIBLE.

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." - Matthew 7:6

And as for you Frosbel, you are a very disturbed individual.

A very happy one at that  grin

Tirelessly fighting with people, chasing heresies here and there, condemning moslems, after moslems you go to catholics, From catholics it will be the turn of methodists.  I wonder what is biting you like that that you have to go on in such a deranged manner.  It can't be anything short of some form of devilment. 

Though I know you will not understand , since your mind is darkened by the god of this world, let me explain why I post these articles :

1.  To expose the counterfeit Christianity that so many of our Nigerian compatriots have fallen victim to and which has destroyed lives, families, introduced falsehoods, spread falsehoods and take advantage of the weak

2. I am sorry but only a blind man will look at the catholic state and refer to it as a church. I fell victim to its deception , the Mary idol worship, holy water spraying, praying to the dead ( Reminds me of the heretic Shias )  intimate perversion of the priests etc etc etc.

3. Islam is a different matter, it is violent, non accommodating of other people, demeans non-believers as second class kafir and is totally false .

4. Prosperity pimps, weird church manifestations MUST be pointed out

5. To help atheists recover from their Comatose of great folly.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Tonyet1(m): 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2011
But Frosbel, on a serious note could you just answer the questions asked?

What where Jesus' last words? dodging or trying to would only reveal a weak personality. . .prove 'em wrong!
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^

You would imagine that I would quote on the bible to confirm what they were , but I refuse to do so for the simple reason that the question is not intended for the attainment of the truth or knowledge but to make a mockery of Christ.

Carry on grasping at straws !!
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PastorAIO: 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2011
New International Version (©1984)
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

New Living Translation (©2007)
Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.

English Standard Version (©2001)
but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;

International Standard Version (©2008)
Instead, exalt the Messiah" as Lord in your lives. Always be prepared to give a defense to everyone who asks you to explain the hope you have.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
But dedicate your lives to Christ as Lord. Always be ready to defend your confidence [in God] when anyone asks you to explain it. However, make your defense with gentleness and respect.

King James Bible
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

American King James Version
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

American Standard Version
but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asketh you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, yet with meekness and fear:

Bible in Basic English
But give honour to Christ in your hearts as your Lord; and be ready at any time when you are questioned about the hope which is in you, to give an answer in the fear of the Lord and without pride;

Douay-Rheims Bible
But sanctify the Lord Christ in your hearts, being ready always to satisfy every one that asketh you a reason of that hope which is in you.

Darby Bible Translation
but sanctify the Lord the Christ in your hearts, and be always prepared to give an answer to every one that asks you to give an account of the hope that is in you, but with meekness and fear;

English Revised Version
but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asketh you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, yet with meekness and fear:

Webster's Bible Translation
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.

Weymouth New Testament
but in your hearts consecrate Christ as Lord, being always ready to make your defence to any one who asks from you a reason for the hope which you cherish.

World English Bible
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and always be ready to give an answer to everyone who asks you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, with humility and fear:

Young's Literal Translation
and the Lord God sanctify in your hearts. And be ready always for defence to every one who is asking of you an account concerning the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

1Peter 3:15
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PastorAIO: 12:53pm On Sep 05, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

You would imagine that I would quote on the bible to confirm what they were , but I refuse to do so for the simple reason that the question is not intended for the attainment of the truth or knowledge but to make a mockery of Christ.

Carry on grasping at straws !!

You are a fake! So all the spamming you have been doing since, has it not been in defense against what you considered a mockery of Christ from Catholics, Moslems, prosperitians, and Methodists etc etc etc.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^

suit yourself.

Your opinion.

Truths are meant to be revealed to true seekers not scoffers and mockers who walk after their lusts rather than follow Christ.

You want an answer not because you do not know what it is , but you want to test me and then start a rant which I will rather not get involved in.

Absolutes remain absolutes irrespective of talks and debates to the contrary.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Tonyet1(m): 1:14pm On Sep 05, 2011
@ Frosbel

This is about the 3rd time I see you chickening out on little task. . .does it really matter if the question will edify or create ripples? what matters is there is question and it is directed to you

Irrespective of where the answer comes from, just answer the question WHAT WERE JESUS' LAST WORDS?
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^ It seems that that question has become a dillemma for him!
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^

Dilemma, grin grin grin grin grin grin

So rushing to the bible like you guys rush off to that rubbish Encyclopedia called Wikipedia to come back here and paste an answer is what you called a dilemma.

again suit yourself.

Go to the gospels and the answer is there.

By this time tomorrow, if this task becomes an impossible one for your gang, then I might be of help.

Love,

FROSBEL
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Tonyet1(m): 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2011
Frosbel,

Gooossssh you always amaze me. . .you've got over 3000posts in this forum yet nothing seem edifying of it all because you keep acting weak of even the least questions asked you

Ok lets see it this way. . .just act like no one really knows your real self rather just a forum name called Frosbel thus making a gaffe will do nothing to your real self. . .besides no one is infallible including myself, AIO, PA1982.

I'll whip their arses if they laugh at you ok?

Assume we'll are novices and need the right answer from 'Frosbel' [not the real you grin] Now the question again is WHAT WERE JESUS' LAST WORDS? wink
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^

I have posted more edifying articles than exposing heresies on this forum, you obviously skipped them because they mean nothing to you as a matter of spiritual fact.

However I will not dance to your tune.

I am not so much worried about gaffes, after all we are all human so liable to make mistakes from time to time.

For me this is a matter of principle , subjecting myself to a band of heretics is not something I consider to be an edifying prospect.

An innocent seeker will ask, 'what must I do to be saved '.

If you are thirsty and begging for fresh water, you do not first ask the giver of that water, how was the cup made.

Silly to say the least !!

Truthfully,

Frosbel.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 2:30pm On Sep 05, 2011
But you are the one who raised the issue of how the cup was made by posting a topic asking about biblical incorruptibility/ infallibility. So when peoiple ask questions regarding that by pointing out specific instances, you shoould be ready to oblige them@!

Frosbel ths is toooo poor from you.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Tonyet1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

I have posted more edifying articles than exposing heresies on this forum, you obviously skipped them because they mean nothing to you as a matter of spiritual fact.

However I will not dance to your tune.

I am not so much worried about gaffes, after all we are all human so liable to make mistakes from time to time.

For me this is a matter of principle , subjecting myself to a band of heretics is not something I consider to be an edifying prospect.

An innocent seeker will ask, 'what must I do to be saved '.

Frosbel.

@ Frosbel,

Ok I'll save you the trauma. . .adducing the boldened line i ask thus : Frosbel what must One do to be saved?
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PastorAIO: 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2011
frosbel:

Truthfully,

Frosbel.

There is nothing Truthful about you.  However you have one saving grace.  The sheer fact that you will not answer this question tells me that you are not totally deranged.  There is still some inkling of commonsense/logic in you that is aware of the incongruity of your position.  That is why in order to save face (ego) you are dodging the question.  

At first I saw a lot of passion, albeit deranged passion, and I was convinced that you had a few screws loose, but now I see you are capable of reasoning lucidly, although it's a shame that you are employing what little reasoning capabilities you have towards deception and protecting your ego.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . / Babalawos, Traditionalists And Herbalists A Whatsapp Group For You! / The People Of Arondizuogu Report Prophet Odumeje To Their Deity (arusi) (VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.