Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,632 members, 7,854,645 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! (3181 Views)

Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted / The Evil Spirit That Corrupted Lucifer (satan's) Mind; Where Did It Come From? / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Tonyet1(m): 10:25am On Sep 06, 2011
frosbel:

I have been here for years battling for the truth and will remain, despite the caustic and ungodly comments from some of you , deceivers and deceived.

Frosbel baba,  grin grin grin

There was this story i told to the kids in my neighborhood the other day, its called "THE CHICK THAT TRIED TO GROW TEETH".

You'ld love the story because it looks similar to your role here. . .trust me you'ld love it. . .should i tell you?  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 06, 2011
^^^

I have come to the conclusion that you are quite childish !!!!
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 10:52am On Sep 06, 2011
PA1982:

Bible not corrupt, Obalende?
Tell me.
How does the Gospel according to Mark end?
At what verse?

Passion is one thing, twisting the truth is another, MyJoe.
That OP video was a showcase of hypocrisy and I wasn't going to let its falsehoods go unchallenged.

As for the posters who have actually tackled the reality of NT inconsistencies, I for one applaud your efforts and honesty.
They made for excellent reading and reflection.

All that I will ask you is simple - let us be CLEAR on what we mean by corruption. As Enigma has asked, is a scribal error or an omission a corruption? I don't think so.

No serious person doubts that there have indceed been errors, omissions, mistranslations, etc
I think the main issue that should concern a serious (not pedantic) mind is whether such issues are of any consequence in overall biblical doctrine.

If they are not, then the critic is being trivial and pedantic

IMHO the questoion you posed about the last words of Jesus is both trivial and pedantic because his last words are of no consequence to overall bible dovctrine. what exactly does it matter if this or that writer heard or transcribed this or that words first or last? It means NADA, and shock me that u will make an argument out of biblical corruption by refering to such trivia

If you want to show corruption in the bible, what you should do is to show the OP that the bible has been so corrupted, mistranslated, added to, etc, that its ESSENTIAL TEACHINGS have become LOST AND CONTRADICTORY

and if u dont do that then harpoing on about such trivia as what was his last word is just childish IMHO
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 11:00am On Sep 06, 2011
Indirah?:

All that I will ask you is simple - let us be CLEAR on what we mean by corruption. As Enigma has asked, is a scribal error or an omission a corruption? I don't think so.

No serious person doubts that there have indceed been errors, omissions, mistranslations, etc
I think the main issue that should concern a serious (not pedantic) mind is whether such issues are of any consequence in overall biblical doctrine.

IMHO the questoion you posed about the last words of Jesus is both trivial and pedantic because his last words are of no consequence to overall bible dovctrine. what exactly does it matter if this or that writer heard or transcribed this or that words first or last? It means NADA, and shock me that u will make an argument out of biblical corruption by refering to such trivia

If you want to show corruption in the bible, what you should do is to show the OP that the bible has been so corrupted, mistranslated, added to, etc, that its ESSENTIAL TEACHINGS have become LOST AND CONTRADICTORY

and if u dont do that then harpoing on about such trivia as what was his last word is just childish IMHO

Of I understand your point.
I tried to make it clear my response was to that OP video.
Have you seen it?

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Harping on trivia?
I disagree, Indirah.
Plenty people have been persecuted because they refused to believe the bible to be inerrant, you know.
Plenty of people have denied themselves medical treatment and education because they believe the bible to be inerrant.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 11:21am On Sep 06, 2011
PA1982:

Plenty people have been persecuted because they refused to believe the bible to be inerrant, you know.
Plenty of people have denied themselves medical treatment and education because they believe the bible to be inerrant.

The blame for that lies with those people doing the persecution or those people denying themselves treatment then dont you think?

Just my opinion
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Tonyet1(m): 11:29am On Sep 06, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

I have come to the conclusion that you are quite childish !!!!

Havent you heard the scriptures that said . . ."until you become like one of these little children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven"? grin grin I'd rather be childish than act like a fretful oldie  grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 11:36am On Sep 06, 2011
Lol, Tonye-T, that's cool, you should tell him that Child[b]likeness [/b] is not child[b]ishness[/b]. One is beautiful and pure, the other is petty and ugly.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PastorAIO: 11:36am On Sep 06, 2011
Indirah?:

PA1982:

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Harping on trivia?
I disagree, Indirah.

In other words many have died over such Trivia.  The bible might be trivia but is the lives of the people that have died over it trivial?  

Of course so much of this rests on how individuals choose to interprete the bible.  If you are looking for essential teachings that are unaffected by scribal errors, then you are in a different boat from those that take the bible to be literal inerrant truth.  
We will ignore the fact that those essential doctrines are derived (by interpretation) from the actual literal words in the bible.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 11:47am On Sep 06, 2011
Pastor AIO:

In other words many have died over such Trivia. The bible might be trivia but is the lives of the people that have died over it trivial?

Of course so much of this rests on how individuals choose to interprete the bible.

Yes you have said it all when you alluded that it rests on how INDIVIDUALS choose to interprete the bible.

So we cannot take liability for what every person interpretes, abi?

Shikena.

If you are looking for essential teachings that are unaffected by scribal errors, then you are in a different boat from those that take the bible to be literal inerrant truth.

Triue that. but i think you will be very hard pressed to find ANYBODY who beliefs in that kind of inerrancy these days. what most of them will tell you is that there might be minor errores but on the matters of truth and salvaytion, the doctrine is inerrant . . . . . , . think that's what they say. for me, i dont believe in total inerrancy but what i say and i maintain is that looking for corruption in siuch trivia as whether Jesus sneezed or rather coughed before he died is justr wack and beside the point, IMHO

We will ignore the fact that those essential doctrines are derived (by interpretation) from the actual literal words in the bible.

again, u said it all pasitor. . . ."by interpretation" . . . . . .
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 06, 2011
Tonye-t:

Havent you heard the scriptures that said . . ."until you become like one of these little children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven"? grin grin I'd rather be childish than act like a fretful oldie  grin grin grin grin

Not sure what is funny  shocked

You know quoting the scriptures does not make you a Christian , neither does trashing it as false make you a wise  man.

Your folly is engraved on this forum for all to see. We start a serious debate , but you and your likes take it down a silly tantrum of abuse and foolishness.

I allow you for now to continue throwing your toys out of the pram with your gang of adrenalin pumped up idlers.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2011
frosbel:

We start a serious debate,

[size=20pt]DEBATE? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? [/size]

WAHT DEBATE?

WHO HAVE YOU DEBATED HERE AT ALL?

THEY ASKED SIPLE QUESTIONS, SINCE MORNING YOU NO GREE ANSA AND YOU ARE HERE CRYING THAT YOU STARTED A SERIOUS DEBATE?

GUY, YOU ARE A JOKE!
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2011
Pastor AIO:

In other words many have died over such Trivia.  The bible might be trivia but is the lives of the people that have died over it trivial?  

Of course so much of this rests on how individuals choose to interprete the bible.  If you are looking for essential teachings that are unaffected by scribal errors, then you are in a different boat from those that take the bible to be literal inerrant truth.  

There are other threads here, Pastor AIO, where people are encouraged to deny science because the bible is literally 'inerrrant'.
How many children have been tortured and mutilated in 'exorcisms' promoted by pastors?
How is it  man-lover people are ostracised and persecuted in a modern society?

These are things advocated by those who claim the bible is 'inerrant'.

Indirah?:

,  but i think you will be very hard pressed to find ANYBODY who beliefs in that kind of inerrancy these days. ,

Would it were true and may God hear you, Indirah!

edited to add-
Indirah, watch that OP video.
I think you'll agree it's really quite over the top.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Enigma(m): 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2011
I once gave the following link to quite simple enough material. http://www.angelfire.com/nt/theology/Bible05.html

cool
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by bouzymill2: 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2011
It's very funny that I haven't seen this thread before I wrote my sincere comment to Frosbel. This guy really needs to slow down.

@Frosbel

I really think you need to slow down on your posts. I know you're talking about the Roman Catholics and I'm a Muslim. It's not my business really. But what gives me this concern is, I realize you are reading things from anywhere and anyhow you see them. ain't nothing wrong with seeking knowledge and knowing little things about many things but I have realized that you only seek knowledge but you lack the wisdom to understand them.

There's a big difference between knowledge and wisdom. . . and a concept that is so far from these two is "Divine or Spiritual wisdom". We all can read anything from the scriptures and interpret them to match our modern day knowledge or the limit of our wisdom, but for one to understand concepts that have to do with religion or spiritual issues, We need to seek wisdom fro m God to lead us through the right path and help us to interpret our knowledge.

When someone has the urge for seeking knowledge but lacks divine wisdom, he questions everything around him, and ask blasphemous questions. . . Say blasphemous things. When he's done with points outside things around him, He starts to question is own belief system, He starts to ask why why why? and this is where the madness comes in. We see people like them in our gathering, and we mere mortals see them as being knowledgeable but slightly abnormal. Not knowing God is taking his soul little by little. People like that commits suicide.

My point outside all those blah blah is, Seek God's wisdom while reaching for misleading books and websites that you often read from cos one day, one of the websites or books will tell you, there's nothing like JESUS, and you would start questioning that too.

Peace.

Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^^

Thanks for your lengthy article but I am not swayed by popular opinion.

I stand my ground , having read the Quran and Bible myself, my opinions have been formed out of Common sense.

Islam is not the truth but a LIE and so is Catholicism and I  make absolutely no apologies for saying this.

Both false religions seek to usurp Christ but shall be severely dealt with when he returns soon !!!

Your Pope and Muhammad are leading billions to an eternal lake of fire and you think this is a laughing matter , or one we should ignore and just shut up ?

Souls are at stake here
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by italo: 10:41pm On Sep 06, 2011
But you people amaze me o. A mad man is ranting and you are replying.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 06, 2011
I have learnt in the enlightened way that people who have nothing to contribute to any topic for that matter , resort to direct personal abuse.

Suffice me to say that ignorance is not an excuse for abuse, rather it is an opportunity to learn.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 10:30am On Sep 07, 2011
You refer to the personal abuse you've heaped on me?
I've addressed the OP.
The claims of the video are simply not valid.
Why even bother posting such a thing up?
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 07, 2011
They are not vald in your opinion.

But for those who have read both books with a substantial amount of history and with God's wisdom , can easily understand what the Man is implying in his beautifully laid out video.

If you want to start defending the Quran , then covert and start wearing their Hijab, then we will trully know that you consider their book as holy grin grin grin
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PastorAIO: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2011
frosbel:

But for those who have read both books with a substantial amount of history and with God's wisdom , can easily understand what the Man is implying in his beautifully laid out video.

If you want to start defending the Quran , then covert and start wearing their Hijab, then we will trully know that you consider their book as holy grin grin grin

What you fail to realize is that there is more to religion than the belligerence of opposing cults. Nobody is defending Islam over your delusions. People are simply looking at the truth of the matter and the truth is that you and your video guys are wrong, wrong on points of simple logic, wrong on points of history, wrong on theology. It doesn't matter whether or not Islam is more wrong than you. Wrong is wrong. What your campaigns amount to is like two lost madmen arguing with each other over who is more lost.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2011
^^^
You are as blind as a bat when it comes to religion.

It is apparent that your knowledge of the truth is nil and therefore arguing with you will be akin to trying to reason with a non-believer.

Keep throwing your toys out of the pram and raging against God , your deep and unhindered folly will soon find you out.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 2:10pm On Sep 07, 2011
frosbel:

More abuse?
And coupled this time with a strawman.
How original you are. Not.
You really can't get beyond a forum bully attitude, can you?
If you'd bothered to read my posts, you'd see I'm not 'defending' any religion.
I'm calling you out on having posted up an ill-considered and deeply flawed video.
Do you understand the difference?

frosbel:

^^^
You are as blind as a bat when it comes to religion.

It is apparent that your knowledge of the truth is nil and therefore arguing with you will be akin to trying to reason with a non-believer.

Keep throwing your toys out of the pram and raging against God , your deep and unhindered folly will soon find you out.

And yet more raving abuse.
I wonder how that poster who calls frosbel 'passionate' feels when he reads this sort of thing.

I wonder when frosbel will learn that argument by insult only shows just how weak his reasoning is.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PastorAIO: 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2011
PA1982:

And yet more raving abuse.
I wonder how that poster who calls frosbel 'passionate' feels when he reads this sort of thing.

I wonder when frosbel will learn that argument by insult only shows just how weak his reasoning is.

It is that very same poster he was addressing in the post above. Do you really wanna know how I feel?
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by MyJoe: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2011
^^^ I also called the man passionate - as indeed he is - and I think PA was referring to me.

PA, Refer to my Concise History of Frosbel. No, this poster doesn't feel anything when he reads this sort of thing. In a forum like this you associate certain conducts with certain usernames. Just like here at the office.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Image123(m): 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2011
Just read through this thread out of boredom. But really, which one is 'the last word of Jesus'? Jesus is alive and has being speaking even till today.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PastorAIO: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2011
Image123:

Just read through this thread out of boredom. But really, which one is 'the last word of Jesus'? Jesus is alive and has being speaking even till today.

I like that!
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2011
Abuse

You are hiding behind the facade of abuse to stifle what was once a promising debate.

For example the Pastor AIO and yourself perhaps , had the temerity to direct insults at my person simply because I refused to answer one of the easiest questions in Sunday school circles. You simply turned this whole issue into a debacle , typical Nigerian Style.

If A Muslim , Hindu, atheist had asked, me then I would have provided them with details , but I knew you guys were up to no good, just engaging in unnecessary arguments about Christ that take you farther from the truth.

Anyway bye to all , continue your discussion, I have no further interest.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by nuclearboy(m): 9:49pm On Sep 07, 2011
embarassed Legalism unparalleled!

The letter still kills and the Spirit remains alive

And where the Spirit reigns, most here were saying almost the same thing though few knew it!
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2011
Yes, I referred to MyJoe.
And I stand my my statement- one thing is passion, another is hurling insults.

For example.
frosbel:

Abuse

You are hiding behind the facade of abuse to stifle what was once a promising debate.

For example the Pastor AIO and yourself perhaps , had the temerity to direct insults at my person simply because I refused to answer one of the easiest questions in Sunday school circles. You simply turned this whole issue into a debacle , typical Nigerian Style.

If A Muslim , Hindu, atheist had asked, me then I would have provided them with details , but I knew you guys were up to no good, just engaging in unnecessary arguments about Christ that take you farther from the truth.

Anyway bye to all , continue your discussion, I have no further interest.

Still no defense of the OP, frosbel?
It was your video that sparked the discussion, after all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Charles Darwin To Receive Apology From D Church Of England 4 Rejecting Evolution / Been A Gay Is Natural / Yoruba Orisha: Do They Really Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.