Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,063 members, 7,845,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! (3175 Views)

Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted / The Evil Spirit That Corrupted Lucifer (satan's) Mind; Where Did It Come From? / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2011
Indirah?:

But you are the one who raised the issue of how the cup was made by posting a topic asking about biblical incorruptibility/ infallibility. So when peoiple ask questions regarding that by pointing out specific instances, you shoould be ready to oblige them@!

Frosbel ths is toooo poor from you.

The post was not directed at mockers or scoffers but genuine seekers.

And the question was not 'what were the last words of Jesus' but 'is the bible corrupt '.

Looks like it was hijacked by a roving gang of God haters and christian heretics.

This gang , I tell you , is made up of Pagan Catholics and Pagan Muslims, i-doll worshipers ,  confused atheists , once a year church goers and a random bunch of bandwagon jumpers.  grin
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PastorAIO: 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2011
frosbel:

The post was not directed at mockers or scoffers but genuine seekers.

And the question was not 'what were the last words of Jesus' but 'is the bible corrupt '.

Looks like it was hijacked by a roving gang of God haters and christian heretics.

This gang , I tell you , is made up of Pagan Catholics and Pagan Muslims, i-doll worshipers ,  confused atheists , once a year church goers and a random bunch of bandwagon jumpers.  grin

All hail Frosbel, the only true christian in the world!! Hmmm. . . . now where have I heard all this before. Of course, on nairaland. NL always throws up people who seem to believe to know God more than anyone else and to understand his true will and true gospel. In fact this Malaise is so commonplace that it won't be long before we arrive at the medical term for the condition.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2011
There is nothing Truthful about you.

your comment

However you have one saving grace

I do not need your saving grace

The sheer fact that you will not answer this question tells me that you are not totally deranged.

Depicts me as a man of principle who will not bow to the wishes of mockers and scoffers.

There is still some inkling of commonsense/logic in you that is aware of the incongruity of your position.  That is why in order to save face (ego) you are dodging the question.  

Saving face    You must be confused , if that's your motto saving face, then you sure need some prayer.

At first I saw a lot of passion,

good

albeit deranged passion

Lol,  grin

and I was convinced that you had a few screws loose,

grin

but now I see you are capable of reasoning lucidly

grin

although it's a shame that you are employing what little reasoning capabilities you have towards deception and protecting your ego.  

My ego is not my priority, though it appears your ego seems to be a heavy burden for you to carry.

I am ego-less, and care not for the tirades of the misled and confused

Again if you do not know what the last words of Jesus were and you cannot carry out elementary research , then I cannot help you.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2011
Frosbel, this is all you need to have given them, instead of posturing -

Matthew 27:46

About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" - which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Mark 15:34

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" - which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Luke 23:46

Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last.

John 19:30

When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew and Mark are readily harmonized with Luke and John by reading a little further: both Matthew 27:46-50 and Mark 15:34-37 report that Jesus drank wine vinegar and then cried out again before dying. Therefore Luke and John record Jesus' actual last words, which could have been any combination of the two phrases recorded, e.g. "It is finished, Father; into your hands I commit my spirit."

http://www.rationalchristianity.net/last_words.html
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^ Except that it is obvious that even this is a very feeble explanation, and you know it!
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^

Even my little ones know these verses.

My refusal to post is a matter of principle.

I think it is high time Nairaland creates a forum ONLY for True Christians and to filter out the weeds or should we say tares !!
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2011
So there we go, i have brought for you the most likely escape of an explanation u could have. Does it make sense to anybody.

Anyway the point is that is simply shows that biblical records cannot be perfect. However in truth these discrepancies are meaningless. How important are his last words really? It is neither here nor there whether he farted last or vomitted last. Is it?

So i would have expected u to argue from the point that these are trivialities and that the bible is harmonious on the core matters of doctreine.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^

I am sorry, but I do not engage in debating the above foolishness !
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2011
well in dat case u dont have any right to expect anybody to taken you serious on your threads
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^

Repent of your sins, wickedness and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Repent means :

To make a u turn from a life of wickedness and rebellion against God ( dead in ones sins ) to a total LOVE for GOD, walking in righteousness by the power of the Holy Spirit and pleasing God in every good work.

Belief means :

To shows by your actions that indeed a great work of salvation has been wrought in you through Christ Jesus.

To expatiate it means to believe in the power of God to make you free from sin, such as lust, wantonness, pride, greed etc etc.

In essence to say that you have repented and believed in Jesus while acting on the contrary makes that person a false christian and hypocrite !!!

And remember that verse in Job, "the hypocrites hope shall perish"
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
Indirah?:

well in dat case u dont have any right to expect anybody to taken you serious on your threads

I can you are saving face, you asked a question 'what must I do to be saved' and then quickly modified it to something else.

Now let's see who is full of ego here    grin
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Tonyet1(m): 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2011
frosbel:

^^

Even my little ones know these verses.

My refusal to post is a matter of principle.

I think it is high time Nairaland creates a forum ONLY for True Christians and to filter out the weeds or should we say tares !!

This guy sha! cry cry cry cry
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PastorAIO: 4:20pm On Sep 05, 2011
Indirah?:

Sorry, I seem to have missed something.  Was anybody taking him seriously on his threads before?
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2011
Frosbel, the last true Christian, eh?
What a whited sephulcre you are!
You start a thread claimingthe Nt is incorrupt, you ignore the evidence this is not the case, and now you sulk.
Do you really think your God is served by this approach?
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2011
I am sorry but debating with you is a waste of my precious time !
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Indirah(m): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2011
frosbel:

I can you are saving face, you asked a question 'what must I do to be saved' and then quickly modified it to something else.

Now let's see who is full of ego here grin

Are you dumb

It was Tonye-T that asked that, not me!

I didnt modify nada!
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2011
Did he , then
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PastorAIO: 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2011
Did Frosbel determine that when TonyeT asked that question he wasn't making mockery but truly seeking therefore was worthy of an answer?  

Or is that because he had his stock answer for that question?  While on the other hand they don't teach you a stock answer in brainwashing school for the question 'what were Jesus' last words'?
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^

What does this gibberish mean undecided
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Enigma(m): 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2011
Indirah?:

So there we go, i have brought for you the most likely escape of an explanation u could have. Does it make sense to anybody.

Anyway the point is that is simply shows that biblical records cannot be perfect. However in truth these discrepancies are meaningless. How important are his last words really? It is neither here nor there whether he farted last or vomitted last. Is it?

So i would have expected u to argue from the point that these are trivialities and that the bible is harmonious on the core matters of doctreine.

I like this --- and, in addition, the fact that two or more accounts are not identical does not amount necessarily to inconsistency.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by sylaz(m): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2011
PA1982: what were Jesus last words?
Frosbel: (ducking ducking)
PA1982: frosbel you havent answered the question
Frosbelsadranting ranting)
me: if you dont know it,just say so punk and stop ducking and ranting
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by MyJoe: 11:07pm On Sep 05, 2011
@PA1982
No, it doesn't matter. I wasn't asking, Prescious, since I believe there's no mistake. I was telling Oga frosbel.

When you settle more into NL you will understand the man better. You may even like him if you like passionate people. Reminds me of the days back in the Foreign Affairs section when he was the resident Zionist in chief. You uttered an unflattering word against the State of Israel and he made straight for your throat, a pointed knife in each hand. Then one cool summer day he discovered that he had been duped and Israel was no longer his God's beloved. And, horror of horrors, that was how the Jewish state lost its most aggresive backer on this Land and Netanyahu and co no longer did no wrong.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by MyJoe: 11:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
Soon after, he took this this section by storm, firing from all cylinders. His targets? Muslims, atheists, Catholics, JWs, Methodists, Jews, WOFs - just anyone but himself. Not since the days of Abuzola the Great had we been witnesses to anything like it. Not that his considerable writing skills would let you compare him to Abu. An atheist soon opined that he was on steroids! But he wasn't. Just a passionate man, frosbel. I hope he learns a bit of humility from this thread. Don't we all need a bit of it?
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2011
MyJoe:

Soon after, he took this this section by storm, firing from all cylinders. His targets? Muslims, atheists, Catholics, JWs, Methodists, Jews, WOFs - just anyone but himself. Not since the days of Abuzola the Great had we been witnesses to anything like it. Not that his considerable writing skills would let you compare him to Abu. An atheist soon opined that he was on steroids! But he wasn't. Just a passionate man, frosbel. I hope he learns a bit of humility from this thread. Don't we all need a bit of it?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 05, 2011
I stopped supporting that Zionist state because the facts did not add up , and I could no longer bear the plight of women and children blown to pieces by disproportionate force. I also did some deep research and found out that most of the Zionists founders were atheists and into cults. In essence anti-Christ.

But with regard to Islam, Catholicism and so on and so forth , it's as simple as ABC, if you say you believe in God , show me your fruits.

When I look at the Catholics, I see blood shed from its inception through the inquisitions , had  a hand in many world wars, of which one most recent atrocity was the massacre of the Serbs in the now defunct  Yugoslavia ( http://www.fantompowa.net/Flame/yugoslavia_catholic_church.htm ) , had a hand in the Rwanda genocide (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4615171) mostly with the full backing of Rome. It still  has a hand in so many shady deals and inhumane world wide practices such as pedophilia , transbutation etc etc.

As for Islam, that is another matter, it was started with blood shed and will end with blood shed, but end it will one day.

I have been insensitive , it is certain this is true , but the root cause is TRUTH, When truth takes hold of me I cannot help but SPEAK it FORTH !!!!!  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Obalende: 12:42am On Sep 06, 2011
Bible not corrupt.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PA1982(f): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2011
Bible not corrupt, Obalende?
Tell me.
How does the Gospel according to Mark end?
At what verse?

Passion is one thing, twisting the truth is another, MyJoe.
That OP video was a showcase of hypocrisy and I wasn't going to let its falsehoods go unchallenged.

As for the posters who have actually tackled the reality of NT inconsistencies, I for one applaud your efforts and honesty.
They made for excellent reading and reflection.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 06, 2011
Obalende:

Bible not corrupt.

Brother , please do not argue with these heretics .

"But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness," - 2 Timothy 2:6
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by PastorAIO: 9:32am On Sep 06, 2011
frosbel:

Brother , please do not argue with these heretics and ' throw your pearls to swine ' as Jesus said , otherwise they will turn on you and rend you .

"But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness," - 2 Timothy 2:6

Ideally, to avoid further ungodliness, why don't you just leave the forum altogether.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Enigma(m): 9:34am On Sep 06, 2011
PA1982:

Tell me.
At what verse?

That OP video was a showcase of hypocrisy and I wasn't going to let its falsehoods go unchallenged.

As for the posters who have actually tackled the reality of NT inconsistencies, I for one applaud your efforts and honesty.

I think you would really need to clarify what you mean by "corrupt" or "corrupted". For example do, say, scribal errors, omissions or additions amount to "corruption"?

Then you would also need to address the fact that the Bible as it is today, even without the autographs, is well corroborated by many many many manuscripts; also, don't forget that modern Bibles use footnotes to give indications of differences in manuscript e.g. that some texts vary depending on different manuscripts, or that some manuscripts have texts not found in other manuscripts etc etc. Is this what you mean by "corruption"?

General comment: on a forum like this it is common to see sweeping statements, unlike nuanced statements that you would find in academic or scholarly contexts; this is something the reader here really needs to bear in mind and to note that certain statements need to be investigated further or be treated with suspicion.
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 06, 2011
PA1982:

Tell me.
At what verse?

Your pride keeps you from salvation , in your wisdom , you exalt self over divine and commend yourself for your cleverness.

Debating about deep spiritual things of which you have no spiritual enlightenment , and hence continue from blindness to utter darkness.

Humble yourself under the might hand of GOD, do not allow folly to be your ruin.

"I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God." - 1 Corinthians 2 :5

Now I know why the bible says GOD resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

And indeed God uses the humble and worldly foolish and those despised by the children of darkness to confound the wisdom of the wordy wise.

For the 'foolishness' of God is greater than then wisdom of the wisest man,
Re: Is The Bible Corrupted ? Please Help Me ! by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 06, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Ideally, to avoid further ungodliness, why don't you just leave the forum altogether.

Leave this forum altogether So that heretics and reprobates and men with ungodly passions can mislead and corrupt the sheep

Never.

I have been here for years battling for the truth and will remain, despite the caustic and ungodly comments from some of you , deceivers and deceived.

"But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived." - 2 Timothy 3:13

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"What Does The Bible Say About Gay Marriage / Same Sex Marriage?" / Yoruba Orisha: Do They Really Exist? / Names, Origin, Ancestry And History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.