Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! (8363 Views)

Nigeria Becomes A Member Of Islamic Military Alliance- Aljezera / President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) / Buhari To Be Interviewed By Christiane Amanpour On CNN Today 8pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by Biggoozz: 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2011
Guys, tune to Aljazera now and see Nigerians begging for UN rescue. The funny thing is that they turned down Nig Govt rescue @ the request of the interviewer saying Naija is currently in chaos. The Lady said the previous night, the rebels came dragging them out to despoil them. I wonder why our Govt hasn't conducted the usual rescue operation as they did in other troubled Arab countries than begging the rebels to stop killing Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by stagger: 2:58pm On Sep 04, 2011
Nigeria is in chaos indeed!

The Nigerian government sent a rescue and they turned it down. What else do they want? The UN? Send a rescue?

The UN did not even rescue the Tutsi when they were being macheted and their women being raped by the Hutus. What says they should come to their rescue now?

When people despise the country of their birth, what right do they have to ask for help?
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by Oladimejii(m): 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2011
Many of them are living in Libya ilegally. They have no papers so they ran away when Nigeria Govt. sent its rescue team thinking of how they will go back when the crisis ends. I feel sorry for them.
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by fm7070: 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2011
living as illegal immigrant does not mean they are no more Nigerians. They are entitled to rescue at every point in time.
This useless Minister for Foreign Affairs should be sacked. That office is the most useless office in the Federal Cabinet.
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by 27naira(m): 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2011
I cease to blame the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

I don't really think they're in dire danger! can you imagine the thrash that young woman was talking?  angry "We want the United nations to help us, we don't want assistance from the Libyan authority and our country (Nigeria) is not safe anymore"

Mtchew! her suffering never begin! make them dey there joor!
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by eunisam: 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2011
Just imagin if u were in their shoes! Imagin if your elder brother is the one being interviewed! I feel pity for this guys cos they left this green country for a greener country,now there is now coming back or staying in peace.may God rescue them!
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by 27naira(m): 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2011
eunisam:

Just imagin if u were in their shoes! Imagin if your elder brother is the one being interviewed! I feel pity for this guys cos they left this green country for a greener country,now there is now coming back or staying in peace.may God rescue them!

Before you start feeling pity listen to the commentary and interview first.

The idiots said Nigeria is not safe for them. they can rot in the seaport for all i care
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by okadaman2: 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2011
Did these ones turn down rescue? They even formed themselves into acgroup to push for their rescue, yet they were abandoned.

Did they turn down rescue?  angry

Libya: Nigerian envoy flees
On March 3, 2011
·

*Abandons 7,000 stranded Nigerians

By VICTOR AHIUMA-YOUNG

NIGERIAN Ambassador to Libya, Ambassador Isah Mohammed Aliyu, has reportedly fled the country to Malta with his family, abandoned more than 7,000 stranded Nigerians at the Tripoli airport.

This came as the embittered Nigerians accuse the government of abandoning them and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of completely showing no interest in what was happening in Libya.

They said that in a bid to prevent the world from knowing actual situation of things in the country, the Libya security agencies did not permit entry with memory cards, camera and laptops into the airport, adding that the Nigerian government should emulate other countries that value their citizens, and initiate a massive evacuation of Nigerians in Libya now.

Rights activists
Meanwhile, rights activists, under the umbrella of the Campaign for the Rights of Nigerians in Diaspora, CRND, have raised alarm that over 7,000 Nigerians were still trapped in Tripoli Airport in Libya, while many more were yet to find their way to  either the airport or other exit ports.

The group faulted the Federal Government and its Ministry of Foreign Affairs for its attitude towards Nigerians in Diaspora, especially when other countries were working day and night to evacuate their citizens from Libya.

CRND said Nigerians or relatives of Nigerians still stranded in the North African country, should reach  one Mr. Solomon Okoduwa in Libya on +218923369805 or +218917266997 for assistance.

In a statement by CRND’s Secretary, Mr. Frank Malcom, the group claimed the stranded Nigerians planned to protest yesterday to draw the attention of government to their plight.

A Nigerian woman with two kids at the Tripoli airport was quoted in the statement as crying for help from Nigerians, human rights groups to appeal to the Nigerian government to evacuate them from Libya.
She said: “I have two kids with me here, and I have been in this airport for three weeks, no food to eat, we sleep on the floor everyday waiting for plane to come and evacuate us. Please beg Nigerian government to come  with bigger planes to evacuate us.”

Another [b]Nigerian, Mr. Solomon Okoduwa, who is the senior elder of Nigeria community in Libya, said “so far the Tripoli airport as at the time of call has recorded seven thousand Nigerians awaiting evacuation, aside those trapped in Benghazi and other states outside Tripoli. Most of them have been at the airport for several weeks; watching other countries coming with cargo planes and ships to evacuate their citizens almost every two hours, while Nigerians starve at the airport as there are no provision for food, water or place to sleep, even pregnant and nursing mothers [/b]are not excluded from the pains and suffering”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/libya-nigerian-envoy-flees
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by 27naira(m): 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2011
okada_man:

Did these ones turn down rescue? They even formed themselves into acgroup to push for their rescue, yet they were abandoned.

Did they turn down rescue?  angry

before you start publishing trash from vanguard, tune in to Aljazeera live and listen to the interview granted to the small pockets of Nigerian community left behind in Libya. They said THEY WANT UNITED NATION not the NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT.

The lady spokes person said NIGERIA IS NOT SAFE FOR THEM.

They should remain there till Ban Ki Moon sends help. angry
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by 2good(m): 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2011
They are looking for how to run to Europe yet black people still believe that their problem is caused "solely" by the white man and refuse to take part of the blame for their current sorry state. The woman interviewed is in serious limbo by thinking that UN will come save them when she's most likely living illegally in Libya. They should all come back to Nigeria and stop saying nonsense to the press
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by hollandis(f): 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2011
The basTtard GEJ said he was supporting the Rebel -led Libyan government.Rebels that are decimating our people in their thousands and r.a.p,i,n.g our women.God punish that fool jonathan
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by 2good(m): 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^^^Did U see the interview on Aljazeera?
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by hollandis(f): 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2011
who gives a flying fork whether i saw it?
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by jodeci(m): 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2011
hollandis:

The basTtard GEJ said he was supporting the Rebel -led Libyan government.Rebels that are decimating our people in their thousands and r.a.p,i,n.g our women.God punish that fool jonathan

You sound like one irresponsible expired prosTitute.I wonder what u have got inlife to show as a woman if u can spit this thrash in a public forum.
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by aigjoey(m): 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2011
I know the Nigeria government is watching the inteview. Hope they act right within the next 24hrs.
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by okadaman2: 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2011
27naira:

before you start publishing trash from vanguard, tune in to Aljazeera live and listen to the interview granted to the small pockets of Nigerian community left behind in Libya. They said THEY WANT UNITED NATION not the NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT.

The lady spokes person said NIGERIA IS NOT SAFE FOR THEM.

They should remain there till Ban Ki Moon sends help. angry

You must be an IDIOOOOOTA

Did you read the reports and others like it from CNN, NPR and co? You want to condemn poor migrant workers and absolve those with the resources and responsibility to help them. Those who ran away from their responsibility?

Of course I saw the video, the girl said she wants to leave Libya but will prefer to go to Europe, of course she will say that when Western journalist are there to curry sympathy, it's a reasonable thing to say considering their circumstances.

Do you know how Many Nigerians use assylum and persecution excuses to stay abroad? even in the US and Europe

What do you know about Nigerians who go to Libya? Many of them are in Libya so they can cross to europe, so if there is a window of opportunity to appeal for that, what do you expect her to say?

You want her to appeal to a government that denied they are attacked? A government that abandoned people like her at the Tripoli airport while other countries rescued their own people. will you trust them after?

What choice did the Nigerian government give her, did you see a plane or ship parked beside her? Wha the eff is wrong with you?

Are you a migrant worker?

Have you ever left your home out of despair and frustration to seek work in a foreign land? Knowing you have nothing to return to.

Have you crossed the Desert barefooted with little food before?

The girl only said that to appeal for UN help on camera, she knows that is more possible and obviously she is correct. Where is The Nigerian Govt?  They Flew one or two flights and they ran away!
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by owobokiri(m): 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2011
jodeci:

You sound like one irresponsible expired LovePeddler.I wonder what u have got inlife to show as a woman if u can spit this thrash in a public forum.

But she just stated the facts as they are. Whats irresponsible about that?
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by switch47(m): 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2011
The situation in Libya  is terrible, and to think Nigeria expressed their support  for the rebels, it is really pathetic that we are now begging the "rats " as Gaddaffi described them.  they are killing our brothers in that country. a drastic action needs to be taken  

http://www.naijahood.com/2011/09/federal-government-appeals-to-libyan.html
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by jodeci(m): 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2011
owobokiri:

But she just stated the facts as they are. Whats irresponsible about that?

Is it responsible to call someone a fool in your clime? Someone who is obviously older?
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by usbcable(m): 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2011
i watched the interview and the journalist never asked the lady if she were nigerian and the lady never at any point in time said she was nigerian.

it was only two males the journalists asked for their nationality that responded as being nigerians.

the lady only said when libyan rebels came in hilux cars to the camp the were chased away by a group of ''nigerians and other nationals'' after when the rebels claimed to wantin to violation the ladies in the camp. she then further said (at the behest of the journalist) that they want the UN to come to their aid . the journalist asked if they wanted the help of the libyan govt(NTC) the lady declined the offer saying the rebels will keep them as slaves and that they cant go back home because there is'' political unrest in their country''.

am not saying she is not nigerian or she is but she did not at any point in time declare her citizenship.
Biggoozz:

Guys, tune to Aljazera now and see Nigerians begging for UN rescue. The funny thing is that they turned down Nig Govt rescue @ the request of the interviewer saying Naija is currently in chaos. The Lady said the previous night, the rebels came dragging them out to despoil them. I wonder why our Govt hasn't conducted the usual rescue operation as they did in other troubled Arab countries than begging the rebels to stop killing Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by 2good(m): 4:04pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^^^Not somebody but the Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
I think we should avoid insulting that man because he's our President
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by BabaO2: 4:20pm On Sep 04, 2011
who gives a flying fork whether i saw it?  Huh
Any reasonable person of real Nigeria indigene will never have a hoot of feeling for that harlot talking on Aljazera. She doesnt want Nigeria to help, but only UN. What a frustrated and desperate harlot.
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 04, 2011
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2011
Its Obvious this kind of tragedy is happining to we ''afrikans'' well i thank God that i hv left libya b 4 all this start, I ws in Libya 04-06, my frnd jst called me yesterday, although i made cash b4 i left i told him lets go he said no that he's not capable enof pls am asking if u culd hv 30,000 Libyan Dinars whch is equally 30,000 worth upto 4million is that not ok 4 u. May God help them, and Don my frnd if u need 2 knw more call him to knw the situation in Libya +218914566331 as for me i thank God. my deal now is For the best in mens suits (Italian French and UK), shirts and accessories check out our Jitho collections and at very affordable prices. We have different colours,designs and sizes for all occasions,(office Suits, Wedding Suits, Elbow Patch Suits etc). For more infomation and to place your orders please call KC on 08090901775; 08039358236 or send a mail to mobikay@yahoo.comIts Obvious this kind of tragedy is happining to we ''afrikans'' well i thank God that i hv left libya b 4 all this start, I ws in Libya 04-06, my frnd jst called me yesterday, although i made cash b4 i left i told him lets go he said no that he's not capable enof pls am asking if u culd hv 30,000 Libyan Dinars whch is equally 30,000 worth upto 4million is that not ok 4 u. May God help them, and Don my frnd if u need 2 knw more call him to knw the situation in Libya +218914566331 as for me i thank God. my deal now is For the best in mens suits (Italian French and UK), shirts and accessories check out our Jitho collections and at very affordable prices. We have different colours,designs and sizes for all occasions,(office Suits, Wedding Suits, Elbow Patch Suits etc). For more infomation and to place your orders please call KC on 08090901775; 08039358236 or send a mail to mobikay@yahoo.com

Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by 27naira(m): 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2011
okada_man:

You must be an IDIOOOOOTA

Did you read the reports and others like it from CNN, NPR and co? You want to condemn poor migrant workers and absolve those with the resources and responsibility to help them. Those who ran away from their responsibility?

Of course I saw the video, the girl said she wants to leave Libya but will prefer to go to Europe, of course she will say that when Western journalist are there to curry sympathy, it's a reasonable thing to say considering their circumstances.

Do you know how Many Nigerians use assylum and persecution excuses to stay abroad? even in the US and Europe

What do you know about Nigerians who go to Libya? Many of them are in Libya so they can cross to europe, so if there is a window of opportunity to appeal for that, what do you expect her to say?

You want her to appeal to a government that denied they are attacked? A government that abandoned people like her at the Tripoli airport while other countries rescued their own people. will you trust them after?

What choice did the Nigerian government give her, did you see a plane or ship parked beside her? Wha the eff is wrong with you?

Are you a migrant worker?

Have you ever left your home out of despair and frustration to seek work in a foreign land? Knowing you have nothing to return to.

Have you crossed the Desert barefooted with little food before?

The girl only said that to appeal for UN help on camera, she knows that is more possible and obviously she is correct. Where is The Nigerian Govt?  They Flew one or two flights and they ran away!

Obviously, you're a low life with an opportunity to surf the web, i'll rather talk to a lifeless cassava stem than exchange words with you.
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by goggs(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2011
These guys had a chance to leave by awuf flights by the Federal Government but choose to stay, maybe they thought that the war will soon be over and they will cross to Europe, afterall bringing them back to Naija is like setting the hands of the clock way back for them.

Its unfortunate, but the Government has to act. They are afterall Nigerians even if stupid ones. people here are just condemning the government. Those of us that stayed back in Nigerian are stupid abi? If Nigeria is bad, maybe Libya is better for them! tongue
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by silvernus0: 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2011
Biggoozz:

if what the poster has said is true rejectn ng gov rescue then they should stay there and face the war nd its consequences afterall they had an option but decided their faith by themselves.pity the ladies anyway!
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by debosky(m): 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2011
Any link to the videos?
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by tpia5: 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2011
Any government is a reflection of the people being governed.

The same way the nigerian govt is busy recognising the rebels who are killing nigerians over there, while another branch of govt is busy denying there are any killings at all, is very much like what happens on nl.

All kinds of dimwits holding court here. Most of them know nothing besides how to lick foreign behinds.
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by okadaman2: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2011
debosky:

Any link to the videos?

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/liveblog/Libya

The report is in the second video in that link.

You will also find more on NL's foreign affairs section.

27naira:

Obviously, you're a low life with an opportunity to surf the web, i'll rather talk to a lifeless cassava stem than exchange words with you.

Who cares about an IDOOOOTAS opinion?  undecided

People like you are the same kind of dregs and that manage to rise to top governmental positions in Abuja. Amadioha fire your typing finger.  angry
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2011
I did not hear the lady claim she is Nigerian. She only said that the Nigerian refugees in the camp took leadership as usual to send those miscreants away.
Re: Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! by buzugee(m): 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2011
okada_man:

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/liveblog/Libya

The report is in the second video in that link.

You will also find more on NL's foreign affairs section.

Who cares about an IDOOOOTAS opinion?  undecided

People like you are the same kind of dregs and that manage to rise to top governmental positions in Abuja. Amadioha fire your typing finger.  angry
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radio Biafra. A Bullet In The Heart Of Indigbo Struggle / ISIS & Syrian Fighters In Europe claiming refugees (PIX) / Future Governments Will Struggle To Meet Buhari’s Records –Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.