Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

First Bank Is Yet To Reverse A POS Dispense Error Transaction - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Is Yet To Reverse A POS Dispense Error Transaction (2099 Views)

Fight Breaks Out In Banking Hall As Bank Refuses To Reverse Customers' Money / Please How Do I Get A Court Order For The Bank To Reverse A Transaction / Man Spotted Seriously Praying For An Atm Machine To Dispense Out His Money(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Is Yet To Reverse A POS Dispense Error Transaction by Mordson: 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2023
Hello everyone.

On the 2nd of December 2022, I went to a POS stall in my street to make a withdrawal of fifteen thousand naira for some weekend expenses. The first attempt by the POS attendant to make the transaction failed, as was stated in the receipt, yet I was debited the said amount from my First Bank account.

I never experienced such before and I enquired from the POS attendant as to the next step to take to reverse it. She said to wait for 24 hours for a reversal and lodge a complaint at any First Bank branch if there's no reversal of the money to my account within 24 hours.

I waited for 24 hours and it wasn't reversed, so I had to go to the First Bank main branch in town. At the Customer Service desk they gave me a form to fill and said to wait for 2 weeks for the money to be reversed.

I waited for 2 weeks yet it wasn't reversed. I decided to call the First Bank customer service line, I.e the First Contact line, it's the customer care line at their head office in Lagos. The agent who picked the call after hearing my complaint and taking my details assured me that he will send an email immediately to the POS bank concerned to know the status of the money. And promised me that I will receive the reversal in 3 working days.

Yet again, I didn't receive my money. I had to call them again, the agent that picked the call this time apologized and said he'll send another mail because there was no response to the complaint that was earlier lodged. He said it is the POS merchant bank that will respond and tell them where the money is, whether it's with the POS agent where I made the transaction or with First Bank, so that they will take the necessary action.

To cut the long story short, I have called them 3 more times since then, yet the same story. I have gone to my local branch again and they expressed surprise that it hasn't been resolved since it shows in the system that a complaint has been lodged severally. They advised me to keep calling their head office. I am really tired of the whole stuff.

Please, I want to know if anyone here has ever experienced this and steps they took to resolve it cos I'm totally pissed off by this. I'm contemplating going to my local branch with sledge hammer and breaking stuff in the banking hall to make them take action immediately, but I want to make sure I've exhausted all the peaceful means available.

I know 15k isn't too big, but it can buy a few things in this current dispensation and hardship we're experiencing. Someone please help with useful ideas. Thanks in anticipation.

Mods, please help.

Nlfpmod
Re: First Bank Is Yet To Reverse A POS Dispense Error Transaction by Iamicekid(m): 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2023
If u still have ur slip for the transaction take it back to the pos merchant and asked them to issue a complaint for you that you use there pos but the money didn’t remitted into there account, this complaint can be done on there pos device they don’t need to call the bank or go to the bank, so if they are telling u otherwise then u know something is up but if they do help file the complaint it will help facilitate ur reversal process, cause with that there bank will be aware, and all u just need is to now make another call to your bank and then wait
Re: First Bank Is Yet To Reverse A POS Dispense Error Transaction by Pennywise2: 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2023
Mordson:
Hello everyone.

On the 2nd of December 2022, I went to a POS stall in my street to make a withdrawal of fifteen thousand naira for some weekend expenses. The first attempt by the POS attendant to make the transaction failed, as was stated in the receipt, yet I was debited the said amount from my First Bank account.

I never experienced such before and I enquired from the POS attendant as to the next step to take to reverse it. She said to wait for 24 hours for a reversal and lodge a complaint at any First Bank branch if there's no reversal of the money to my account within 24 hours.

I waited for 24 hours and it wasn't reversed, so I had to go to the First Bank main branch in town. At the Customer Service desk they gave me a form to fill and said to wait for 2 weeks for the money to be reversed.

I waited for 2 weeks yet it wasn't reversed. I decided to call the First Bank customer service line, I.e the First Contact line, it's the customer care line at their head office in Lagos. The agent who picked the call after hearing my complaint and taking my details assured me that he will send an email immediately to the POS bank concerned to know the status of the money. And promised me that I will receive the reversal in 3 working days.

Yet again, I didn't receive my money. I had to call them again, the agent that picked the call this time apologized and said he'll send another mail because there was no response to the complaint that was earlier lodged. He said it is the POS merchant bank that will respond and tell them where the money is, whether it's with the POS agent where I made the transaction or with First Bank, so that they will take the necessary action.

To cut the long story short, I have called them 3 more times since then, yet the same story. I have gone to my local branch again and they expressed surprise that it hasn't been resolved since it shows in the system that a complaint has been lodged severally. They advised me to keep calling their head office. I am really tired of the whole stuff.

Please, I want to know if anyone here has ever experienced this and steps they took to resolve it cos I'm totally pissed off by this. I'm contemplating going to my local branch with sledge hammer and breaking stuff in the banking hall to make them take action immediately, but I want to make sure I've exhausted all the peaceful means available.

I know 15k isn't too big, but it can buy a few things in this current dispensation and hardship we're experiencing. Someone please help with useful ideas. Thanks in anticipation.

Mods, please help.

Nlfpmod
sorry please. if you dont live outside the country and you can go to your bank branch physically, case closed. you will fill form and it will be reversed. if you ignore going physically, na sorry be that
Re: First Bank Is Yet To Reverse A POS Dispense Error Transaction by Mordson: 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2023
Pennywise2:
sorry please. if you dont live outside the country and you can go to your bank branch physically, case closed. you will fill form and it will be reversed. if you ignore going physically, na sorry be that

I've gone to the main branch in town, I've also gone to another branch, the same story.

Thanks for your input anyway.
Re: First Bank Is Yet To Reverse A POS Dispense Error Transaction by nifemi25(m): 6:06pm On Jan 09, 2023
If only you can login to your bank app and lodge a complain.... I'm very sure it will be reversed just that it will take several days ...when next this error occur, just make sure you collect the failed transaction receipt and instruct the POS attendant to lodge a failed transaction on the machine.....
Re: First Bank Is Yet To Reverse A POS Dispense Error Transaction by Mordson: 6:08pm On Jan 09, 2023
Iamicekid:
If u still have ur slip for the transaction take it back to the pos merchant and asked them to issue a complaint for you that you use there pos but the money didn’t remitted into there account, this complaint can be done on there pos device they don’t need to call the bank or go to the bank, so if they are telling u otherwise then u know something is up but if they do help file the complaint it will help facilitate ur reversal process, cause with that there bank will be aware, and all u just need is to now make another call to your bank and then wait

Thanks for your suggestion.

I kept the receipt for some time but I can't find it now. Can I still go to the POS merchant and tell him to check the day I made the transaction on their POS device and tell them to send the complaint to their bank?
Re: First Bank Is Yet To Reverse A POS Dispense Error Transaction by Iamicekid(m): 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
Mordson:

Thanks for your suggestion.

I kept the receipt for some time but I can't find it now. Can I still go to the POS merchant and tell him to check the day I made the transaction on their POS device and tell them to send the complaint to their bank?

Yes if you are there frequent customer and they know you then they should be able to pull the transaction of that date out for you
Re: First Bank Is Yet To Reverse A POS Dispense Error Transaction by Mordson: 5:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
Iamicekid:

Yes if you are there frequent customer and they know you then they should be able to pull the transaction of that date out for you

Alright, I'll do that. Thanks a lot. I appreciate.
Re: First Bank Is Yet To Reverse A POS Dispense Error Transaction by Trendy05(f): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2023
Please, has firstbank reversed your money?

I'm having similar issues.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Yet To Reverse A POS Dispense Error Transaction by Bouncing2(m): 7:28am On Mar 10
Hello
You’ve gotten back your money yet?

I’m currently having this same problem with Firstbank

(1) (Reply)

Please Beware Of This New Scam By "Foreigners" / My Oyinbo Boss Wants To Go Into Bamboo Wood Exportation (he Needs A Partner) / How To Start And Make Money With Bulksms Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.