Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,988 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? (2034 Views)

Parents Of Girl Who Kidnapped Herself Disown Her.(pic) / Celebrating Birthdays For February 29th Born Family Member? / What Will Make You Disown Your Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by sexsinners(m): 8:37pm On Sep 04, 2011
i would
Re: Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by Sissy3(f): 10:37pm On Sep 04, 2011
and what will you gain by disowning them?

remember one of your duties as a child of God and follower of Christ is to bring souls to him/spread his gospel to the ends of the earth and with him even the hardest of mind/soul will change.

sexsinners:

i would
Re: Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by Outstrip(f): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2011
Very silly question. So you are now God. Disown them abeg. It will be better for them. Why should they be subjected to negativity
Re: Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by nsodo: 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2011
I wound not because i can say it i words yet in reality i know he is a family member and it not give up on some one because change is a fact of life any time that person can change and repent. Disowning that person is not the solution.
Re: Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by ifyalways(f): 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2011
NEVER!

No religion,man-made or heaven sent can come between me and my family.Each man would account for himself/herself so what gives?I would only try to understand why s/he became an atheist,pray for a change of heart and divine encounter but if it all fails,my love STILL stands.
Re: Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 08, 2011
Why would I disown them? That's dumb.

So no, I wouldn't.
Re: Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by horny4u(f): 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2011
Which one concern me ?
I am not the creator and they may later change their mind and make heaven before a born again christain sef

Anyway i am still removing the iroko in my eye talkless of another person weakness
Re: Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by xreal: 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2011
^^^
I like that response; it's honest.
Re: Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by Bestglo(f): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2011
why would i? who made me a judge over another person,i would rather pray for him to repent if i feel he's going the wrong way
Re: Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by lepasharon(f): 4:21am On Sep 10, 2011
my granfathers an atheist so shud i disrespect him? undecided
Re: Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by Nobody: 4:42am On Sep 10, 2011
Of course not.
Re: Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by sexsinners(m): 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2011
lepasharon:

my granfathers an atheist so shud i disrespect him? undecided

yes.

you disown god i disown you.
Re: Would You Disown A Family Member If They Were Atheist ? by harakiri(m): 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2011
@Poster

On what grounds would you disown this family member? Hmm? Because he/she has lost faith in what you believe in? Because he/she sees no need in having faith in imaginary friends? Is Atheism the cause of poverty,hardship and profound wickedness in the world? Is Atheism the cause of financial crisis and economic meltdown? Is Atheism the cause of accidents,illness and sudden death? Is Atheism the cause of broken relationships and marriages? Is Atheism responsible for the increasing crime rate? Is Atheism the reason why Boko Haram and other suicidal groups kill innocent people in a brutal and senseless manner? Are Atheists the ones looting Nigeria's government money? Last time i checked, ALL the government officials are either Christian or Moslem. When last did you hear of Atheists getting physically violent with religious people? When last did you hear of an Atheist suicide bomber? When last did you see a media covered criminal who turned out to be an Atheist? What have Atheists done to you to deserve such condemnation? Let me guess. . .Your religion dictates that people who aren't like you are your enemies (the gentiles) and you should not be equally yoked with them so in other words, you have a "higher standing" more than them. Tomorrow, you will be the same people that say Moslems are intolerant whereas you can't tolerate someone who isn't a threat to you. I am yet to see the "gains" of being religious. We all get old,sick and die. We all go through financial constraints. We all get scorched by the sun and beaten by the rain. We wear the same clothes and eat the same food. Where is this self imposed difference apart from the fact that the non-religious person chooses not to live in self delusion?

What is your basis for disowning a non-religious family member? I have said it before and I'll say it again :

RELIGION IS A CHRONIC DISEASE OF THE MIND! ! !

(1) (Reply)

Polygyny: An Ideal Life Style And Solutions To So Many Social Problems / Soon-to-be-husbands And The (NSFW) Not Safe For Wife Pictures / BUSTED: Pastor Patronizes Prostitute And He Didn't Know She Attends His Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.