Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

If You Are Unemployed Consider This - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If You Are Unemployed Consider This (36506 Views)

Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG / Should I Consider This As A Rejection Message / 4 Reasons Why You Are Unemployed Despite Your Constant Application Trials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Olamideayomide(m): 1:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
Noted
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Father4all: 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
The OP don't know anything. By the time you trek all over Lagos you go know howfar

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by honestivo(m): 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
Also think inward , u can be a ceo inwaiting

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Zetty177x: 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
If you are unemployed or Underemployed; Stop Sitting at Home;
Consider this

A lot of people have reached out to say it is difficult to get a job without having an influential connection, I totally disagree.

The problem is most of us sit down and expect jobs to come to us.

Employers don't owe you any jobs

See below Strategies that may help your job search;

1. Don't sit at home , move round, attend events

2. When you meet people, do not just greet them and leave, make a connection by striking a conversation and do not be shy to say you need a job.

3. Nurture the connections you make and keep in touch.

Don't expect that once you tell someone once you need a job, they ll always remember.

Keep in touch and don't be a nuisance.

Most people prefer text messages.

4. Do unsolicited visits to companies- A lot of mid sized businesses need employees and they will be willing to hire you.

5. Be well dressed as you move around.

Don't because you are unemployed look tattered and unkept, no employer wants an untidy employee. There are a lot of cheap options.

6. Volunteer, do internships even if the pay only cover your transport & feeding.

Offer to work for free rather than sitting at home. No experience is a waste.

7. Looking for a job is a full time job, so give it your best. Don't be tired of applying for jobs in 2023

I wish you all the best in your job search

Good write up.

But I will object to number 6. Even many major jobs cannot feed you and pay ur transportation under Buhari govt.

God help Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Lemmy123(m): 1:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
Introverts left the chat embarassed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by blackmantis: 1:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
Offer to work for free.....best advice.
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by smeag0l(m): 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
Linkedin always works. Gotten unsolicited offers from there a lot of times.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Ologundudu2020: 1:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
dindinrin write up you walk around, enter police net straight to jail cos no single Naira to settle police. See how advice went wrong

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by doneback04: 1:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
nnamdi640:
How will someone without a job see money to start moving around or dress decent for this Buhari regime wey things are expensive like mad. Honestly, Buhari with the help of Tinubu messed this country up.

Hahaha after reading this I just burst out of laughter, no be like for this fuel scarcity that someone will be spending transport moving around, except the person is mad or insane,

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Etosha: 1:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
Nobody will listen to you when in your old age you try to explain why you failed in life. Excuses such as there were no jobs in my time; Buhari was in power; the economy was in mess etc will not wash. Humans, I have come to realize only clap for those who succeeded despite the challenges they faced.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by house10studios: 1:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
Smoke igbo, e dey help

1 Like

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Laughingkk: 1:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
Consider this

A lot of people have reached out to say it is difficult to get a job without having an influential connection, I totally disagree.

2. When you meet people, do not just greet them and leave, make a connection by striking a conversation and do not be shy to say you need a job.

Don't expect that once you tell someone once you need a job, they ll always remember.

4. Do unsolicited visits to companies- A lot of mid sized businesses need employees and they will be willing to hire you.

Don't because you are unemployed look tattered and unkept, no employer wants an untidy employee. There are a lot of cheap options.

6. Volunteer, do internships even if the pay only cover your transport & feeding.

7. Looking for a job is a full time job, so give it your best. Don't be tired of applying for jobs in 2023

Well done....... this is one of most soothing inspiration I have ever gotten since I lost my job in June 2022
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by SmartyPants(m): 1:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
Consider this

People should just be roaming around saying they need jobs?

Advise them to become value creators. Don't ask for jobs. Develop real skills then do everything else on the list but instead of telling everyone you need a job, tell people what you can do for them.
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by ChronicGp(m): 1:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
Them go soon start 2 arrest person wey no get shi shi for pocket oh

Hustle Harder.

Vote Wisely ��
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by missidy: 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2023
Rubbish talk, it's obvious you have never experienced unemployment. People that have experienced it know that it is not by all these nonsense you wrote.
IyaTola:
Consider this

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Emeka71(m): 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hamachi:
Hi,
Please read,

We have noticed that a lot of people make these mistakes in their CVs, just to let you know that they are differences between the certificate you obtain via a professional examination and the certificate you obtain via training.

When mentioning professional certifications in your CVs, employers are expected to see those certifications you obtain via writing a professional examination and not the certificate you obtain via attending 1, 2, or 3 months of training.
Such professional certifications can be; CIPM, ACA, ACCA, COREN, PMP, etc.
Those certifications you obtain by attending a 1, 2, or 3 months training can be listed under Training & Certification(s) in your CV, and not under Professional Certification(s).

Most of the certifications you obtain from your 1, 2, or 3 months of training are not classified as professional certifications, they are just certificate to prove that you participated in the training and that you have gained some skills.

We have also seen in several CVs where some candidates listed some of these certifications they obtain from training as professional certifications. Please note the difference.
So helpful.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Maobichek: 2:03pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
Consider this

Learn a handiwork, a graduate should not be ashamed to learn how to repair phones/ laptops or software.

I know a graduate who learnt how to repair phones for 6/7 months, he saves at least 5k everyday after his daily expenses. It certainly not enough but it's better than not doing anything at all.

To dress well, attend events, meet people requires money hence an unemployed graduate may find it difficult to cope. Here in FCT, phone/laptop technicians around Emab/Banex are doing well.
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by infosoftlife: 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2023
Good topic!

If you are unemployed, search for companies related to your course of study or skill.

Get their email address and send an unsolicited application with your CV and cover letter attached.

You might be called for an interview. Ensure your CV and COVER LETTER stand out.

Contact us for your professional CV/SOP/Cover Letter/Research work/Coursework at 09083841210.

Follow us on other social platforms @softlife_co

Knowledge is a privilege!
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Layographics(m): 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2023
Photoshop Tutorial: How to design a church flyer with Photoshop Tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsDmuX1rwFY
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Greatdand007(m): 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
Consider this

Congratulation
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by thinkmoney(m): 2:13pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
Consider this

Pray you don't get totally down. Moving about needs money.
U can be so down that even shoes that u will need to move about will be in a bad state.
And some people are even in areas where there are not jobs they can do except for maybe helping at building sites which demand real physical strength.
The advice is just that we should wake up everyday with hope and do what we can

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Yomit71(m): 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2023
who getting job help nonsense formula undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Greatdand007(m): 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2023
By the time Hungar wore your left brain you go sit down for house shey na person way no get money go Dey move up and down this one way transport don Cost like mad

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Creditalerts: 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
Consider this

I offered to work for free when the company saw my excellent productive performance I was employed and was giving an official car kiss
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by abdo123: 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2023
malawi101:
A good knowledge of linkedin and Indeed.com saves you the stress of moving around. With LinkedIn you could get a job from the comfort of your house. It has always worked for me.

Please i'd like to know on LinkedIn. Can I chat u up?
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by stamapro(m): 2:19pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
Consider this

Nice one, nobody should be idle in 2023, keep trying keep growing. Stay away from crime.
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by 07kjb: 2:19pm On Jan 12, 2023
Obi promise the unemployed employment

My advice to unemployed youths in NIGERIA is to vote for obi

Only agriculture in the north can employ half of there citizens.make una wise up
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Slizzords: 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2023
IyaTola:
Consider this

This advice is for Mumu people , so make person way no get work Dey trek upandan abi? Attend events you Weren’t invited to lol .

Foolish advice
Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by BigBashiru: 2:27pm On Jan 12, 2023
This thread will not pass 3 pages because its not about boobs and ass...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by Sleekfingers: 2:28pm On Jan 12, 2023
nnamdi640:
How will someone without a job see money to start moving around or dress decent for this Buhari regime wey things are expensive like mad. Honestly, Buhari with the help of Tinubu messed this country up.

.lame excuses from a lazy youth

1 Like

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by FireUpNow(m): 2:32pm On Jan 12, 2023
OP has done copy and paste things that
are happening in USA, Canada and other countries. Try it in Naija under this APC and Buhari time. Food is hard to get, money to buy clothes from where and money for t-fare to roam about searching for Jobs. They will soon call me names because of this

1 Like

Re: If You Are Unemployed Consider This by aliyuthayo(m): 2:34pm On Jan 12, 2023
Most ICT Certifications can be earned in 3 - 6 months depending on the skills level of the participants.

Hamachi:
Hi,
Please read,

We have noticed that a lot of people make these mistakes in their CVs, just to let you know that they are differences between the certificate you obtain via a professional examination and the certificate you obtain via training.

When mentioning professional certifications in your CVs, employers are expected to see those certifications you obtain via writing a professional examination and not the certificate you obtain via attending 1, 2, or 3 months of training.
Such professional certifications can be; CIPM, ACA, ACCA, COREN, PMP, etc.
Those certifications you obtain by attending a 1, 2, or 3 months training can be listed under Training & Certification(s) in your CV, and not under Professional Certification(s).

Most of the certifications you obtain from your 1, 2, or 3 months of training are not classified as professional certifications, they are just certificate to prove that you participated in the training and that you have gained some skills.

We have also seen in several CVs where some candidates listed some of these certifications they obtain from training as professional certifications. Please note the difference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N-Power Tablet Collection: How To Upload Passports, ID In Your NPVN Portal / Daniel Joshua: Former N-Power Volunteer Gets N300,000 For Returning N60,000 / Luxxor Group Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.