Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos (4295 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Militants Declare War On FG / Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order / Military Declare 100 Boko Haram Terrorists Suspects Wanted In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by OAM4J: 11:54pm On Sep 04, 2011
The Special Task Force in Jos, Plateau State has declared that it will shoot armed criminals in the state.

The STF spokesman, Capt. Charles Ekeocha, told newsmen in Jos on Sunday that it would no longer tolerate attacks on military personnel and innocent civilians by hoodlums in the state.

He said two soldiers were lying critically ill in a hospital after they were attacked by unknown persons.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011090419435462
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by nasty45(m): 12:03am On Sep 05, 2011
ds guys don price.stf carry go.hit em all
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by MeGaStReEt: 12:14am On Sep 05, 2011
some good news
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by dabrake(m): 12:22am On Sep 05, 2011
9s development. let d riffraffs die cuz we shall celebrate their obituary
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by Relax101(m): 12:25am On Sep 05, 2011
STERN: What are your troops doing when they march into a town around Port Harcourt, an area where most of the farmers are not Ibos?

ADEKUNLE[b]: We aim at everything that moves.[/b]

STERN: Small children tend not to stay put for very long.

ADEKUNLE: I know. I have two myself.

STERN: What will your troops do when you get to the Ibo heartland, that is, to the place populated by Ibos only?

ADEKUNLE: There we will aim at everything even if it is not moving.
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 05, 2011
Relax101:

STERN: What are your troops doing when they march into a town around Port Harcourt, an area where most of the farmers are not Ibos?

ADEKUNLE[b]: We aim at everything that moves.[/b]

STERN: Small children tend not to stay put for very long.

ADEKUNLE: I know. I have two myself.

STERN: What will your troops do when you get to the Ibo heartland, that is, to the place populated by Ibos only?

ADEKUNLE: There we will aim at everything even if it is not moving.

Is this garbage supposed to be "humor"?

Paranoia at its expensive best.
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by nikky5(m): 12:47am On Sep 05, 2011
This is coming rather too late.If this has been done earlier, the idiots would have sheath their swords.No law empowers them to carry arms. Enough is enough.
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by MMM2(m): 5:43am On Sep 05, 2011
J town, no be small matter ooo
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by Andrew3(m): 6:55am On Sep 05, 2011
BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT THE MAJOR HARAM BOKO WILL REMAIN IN THE DARK. angry angry
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by blackpanda: 7:27am On Sep 05, 2011
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. ARE YOU ALL DAFT? SINCE WHEN DID MIGHT BECOME RIGHT? THE MILITARY IS CONTEMPLATING KILLING HUMAN BEINGS AT WILL, AND YOU ALL ARE OPENING TEETH TO CONGRATULATE THEM! ITS SHOCKING! MAYBE WHEN THEY HAVE ELIMINATED SOME OF YOUR RELATIVES THEN EYES WILL OPEN.
WE LIVE IN A DEMOCRACY WHERE THE RULE OF LAW SHLD BE PARAMOUNT. THIS IS NOT IRAQ OR AFGHANISTAN O, IT IS STUPID FOR THE NIGERIAN ARMY TO EVEN OPENLY DECLARE SUCH HORRIFIC AGENDA. THAT IS TANTAMOUNT TO GENOCIDE AND CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY. NO BODY HAS THE RIGHT TO TAKE ANY OTHER PERSON'S LIFE, EXCEPT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULE OF LAW.
IF THIS KIND OF STATEMENT IS MADE IN ANY SANE AND CIVILISED SOCIETY, MANY PPLE WILL LOSE THEIR JOBS.
I STILL CANT BELIEVE Y'ALL ARE APPLAUDING THEM, FOR SHOOTING ON SIGHT! HOW MANY BOKO HARAM MEMBERS DO YOU SEE ON THE STREET? THEY JUST WANT TO POUR THEIR AGGRESSION ON INNOCENT LIVES.
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by texazzpete(m): 7:42am On Sep 05, 2011
blackpanda:

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. ARE YOU ALL DAFT? SINCE WHEN DID MIGHT BECOME RIGHT? THE MILITARY IS CONTEMPLATING KILLING HUMAN BEINGS AT WILL, AND YOU ALL ARE OPENING TEETH TO CONGRATULATE THEM! ITS SHOCKING! MAYBE WHEN THEY HAVE ELIMINATED SOME OF YOUR RELATIVES THEN EYES WILL OPEN.
WE LIVE IN A DEMOCRACY WHERE THE RULE OF LAW SHLD BE PARAMOUNT. THIS IS NOT IRAQ OR AFGHANISTAN O, IT IS silly FOR THE NIGERIAN ARMY TO EVEN OPENLY DECLARE SUCH HORRIFIC AGENDA. THAT IS TANTAMOUNT TO GENOCIDE AND CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY. NO BODY HAS THE RIGHT TO TAKE ANY OTHER PERSON'S LIFE, EXCEPT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULE OF LAW.
IF THIS KIND OF STATEMENT IS MADE IN ANY SANE AND CIVILISED SOCIETY, MANY PPLE WILL LOSE THEIR JOBS.
I STILL CANT BELIEVE Y'ALL ARE APPLAUDING THEM, FOR SHOOTING ON SIGHT! HOW MANY BOKO HARAM MEMBERS DO YOU SEE ON THE STREET? THEY JUST WANT TO POUR THEIR AGGRESSION ON INNOCENT LIVES.

Please educate these half-wits here.
'Shoot-on-sight' is illegal as hell! What happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'? People are here cheering on the plan to gun down people without much ado, in essence giving these uncouth soldiers a License to Kill?

I guess when it comes down to it, many people here are really not that much different from the Boko Haram murderers.
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:44am On Sep 05, 2011
Nigerians, why are you slow to ask questions, have the Special Task Force not being on ground the past 8 months? why has the crisis continued unabated if they have a firm hand on the situation - Why have allegations of a Muslim/Northern deployment of Special Task Force Personnel abetting crisis in favor of Muslim/North not been investigated.

Why is Jang still in power? Why has a State of Emergency not been declared in Plateau State? Nigerians, We do not ask questions therefore fail at every turn
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by lagcity(m): 8:56am On Sep 05, 2011
oh lawd! a lot of innocent ppl will die as a result of this policy. shoot on sight policy is what incompetent and indisciplined rag tag soldiers do when their strategy and intelligence gathering has failed woefully.

two soldiers lay injured in the hospital. so phocking what! A professional army is supposed to stay calm under chaos. not lose their heads and go on a shooting spree. 

@OP. the link is not working.
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by Kizilala: 9:10am On Sep 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Is this garbage supposed to be "humor"?

Paranoia at its expensive best.

ileke-idi the skunk,you are back again.That was your fellow tribalist adekunle telling the world of his plans to commit genocide.
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2011
The JTF soldiers were not given shoot-on-sight order, they shot into an hospital and entered the hospital looking for wounded people to shoot shocked, Now there is shoot-on-sight order, what will they now do?
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2011
But I thought Nigerians want a 'strong' President like Buhari, OBJ or Abacha who will use "brute force" to stop all forms of terrorism within 24 hours?

But I thought the current President is a "weakling" who dopes not have the will to provive the security?

But I thought this Jos issue was "handled" by the "great OBJ"?

But I thought that Nigeria's problem has "nothing" to do with ethnicity/religion?

MMHHH!

Yes, I think we need to accept that Nigeria is a failed project. And lest I forget, nobody should blame Mr. President for this predicament.
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by aurenflani: 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2011
This is what happens when you defied appeasement and appeals from the army. It happens in Fallju when american marines where massacred. The polulace were unleased with the worst possible assault by the marines.

The JIBWIS sect who were first to break the ramadan in Nigeria were on their way to pray in their mosques when suddenly some birom youths attacked and killed them. The jtf intervened but that was hours later. By then a lot of the muslims have been killed 12 in number, including children and many cars burnt. Some of the attackers carry guns. I am sure they attack the soldiers obviously they were not happy that they showed up. and i am sure that was what set the army guys on edge now. Sometimes it is not an order coming from the high command - the army in nigeria supports their own comrades in arm even if they would pound on their tribes.
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 05, 2011
texazzpete:

Please educate these half-wits here.
[size=28pt]'Shoot-on-sight' is illegal [/size]as hell! What happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'? People are here cheering on the plan to gun down people without much ado, in essence giving these uncouth soldiers a License to Kill?

I guess when it comes down to it, many people here are really not that much different from the Boko Haram murderers.

Plz Tell them o.

Reminds me of Libya. . . .anything black is a mercenary.
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by Johndoe100(m): 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2011
Is this legal? Can the army just wake up one day and decide to 'shoot on sight'?Is this legal? Can the army just wake up one day and decide to 'shoot on sight'?
Re: Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos by brain4box: 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
so we rather wait and watch as some idiotic persons murder thousands of innocent individuals over some issues that could be resolved. Please be informed that it is SHOOT ON SIGHT ANYONE ONE FOUND CARRYING WEAPONS AND INFLICTING INJURY ON ANOTHER PERSON NOT TO SHOOT THE WHOLE JOS PEOPLE. haba lets be realistic a soldier cannot just see and fire on anybody for no reason

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize / Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? / Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.