Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Primary Education Is The Most Important Aspect In The Education System - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Primary Education Is The Most Important Aspect In The Education System (228 Views)

Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World / Facts About Nigeria's "Poor" Education System That Will Make You Agree With ASUU / Kaduna Adopts Finland Education System; To Pay Teachers More – El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Primary Education Is The Most Important Aspect In The Education System by Madmentv(m): 12:38am On Jan 11, 2023
Like they say, never you judge a book by the cover. A few weeks ago a friend of mine invited me to his son's; (who's also my godson), end of year party celebration in school. At first I was hesitant because of the distance, (Omole to pakuro in Ogun state), but then I was curious to know why he had to bypass all the fancy schools on the mainland for a school in the outskirts of another state. So when I got there I was focused and observant. By the end of the event, I was clearly impressed with all the display by the pupils; from their dictions, their coordination, poise, everything was on point.

Primary education is universally known as the foundation level of education all over the world. This is simply because It provides the basic and fundamental structure on which every child's academic journey will be built. Every school that is focused on child development should be focused and deliberate in achieving this goal.

Unfortunately, this is not the case in majority of the primary schools we have in the country now. As government schools, (which use to have a reputation for discipline and excellence), have been abandoned by the government while most proprietors/proprietress of private are only focused on how much they can make from their schools; with little or no regards for the academic, social, phycological, moral and even spiritual development of their pupils.

This one of the major reasons why we have a large percentage of university graduates who can barely spell their names or speak fluently because they are passed down from faulty primary schools to secondary schools, (where even less emphasis is laid on their personal development), and then rushed into universities where they wallow in corruption and examination malpractices because their prime focus is the certificate, not the knowledge. The end products are unbaked graduates who can barely defend their degrees or teach, talk less of leading (when they push their way into political offices).

These problems can be drastically improved and eventually stopped if we can go back to the drawing board and focus on the primary educational systems in the country.

A good primary school should be focused on the "all round" development of a child while laying emphasis on the learning environment, extra curricular activities, teaching methodology and social engagements of the child. Only a few schools can boast of these details and one of them is christeledge international school which is located in the pakuro region of Ogun state.

This reminds me of the saying that it is not always about where, but it's always about "who" and this school; christeledge international school, is proving to raise the flag high even in the midst of all the chaos and turbulence in the Nigerian educational system.carry on guys.

(1) (Reply)

Ican Student Testimonies For November For 2022 Diet / Justice For Whitney Adeniran / How Covanent Uni And Madonna Uni Students Surving This Currency Crises.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.