Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

Advice To Every UK Japa Crew - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice To Every UK Japa Crew (57824 Views)

How To Apply For German Schengen Visa Application Japa Crew / Canada Based Nigerian Warns 'JAPA' Crew: Pictures Video / Meet The Air Peace Crew That Flew In The Medical Supplies From Turkey(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ATLIEN2027: 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
emperorlaqrin:
This is going to be an honest review for those who are coming or intend coming to the Uk.

I have watched with keen interest how most People on this platform as resorted to abuse/insult on the few people who are trying to enlighten us about the challenges that are faced in the Uk.

While this Enlightenment was not meant to dissuade anyone from coming to the Uk but to prepare you of the UPS & Down faced by most immigrants.

Unfortunately many Nigerians are not prepared to be well informed about something especially when it comes to traveling while I don’t blame many if not for the situation in Nigeria.

Coming to the Uk right now is not for everyone and that is the honest truth what I mean by this is that there are some set of people whom I will not advise to come here when it comes to work.

The truth of the matter is that if you are coming here you have to do away with pride and be ready to hustle, I mean serious hustle with hard work Infact with this serious hustle if you are not careful you might not see peanut to save.

There are two major things that takes away your money here in the UK

Number 1: Tax

The Uk economy cannot be compared with that of Nigeria and over here everything is tax compared to Nigeria where you can do away with that.

This country is built on tax and the social amenities everyone is enjoying from good road, electricity are as a result of the revenue from tax

Every employer deducts tax from your wages and there is no way you can avoid it.

Number 2: Accommodation

Accommodation as become a major challenge which as made a lot of people homeless due to lack of funds to secure accommodation or unavailability of accommodation within your budget.

Brb

Most of these Nigerians just don't want to accept that as Nigeria is becoming harder to survive, other countries are also facing the same problems. I have lived most of my life in the Western world, I can easily see that things are much harder for new comers compared to when I first left Nigeria long time ago.
I have many friends in the UK and have visited that country more than any other country except for Nigeria. Nigerians are suffering in the UK, most are finding out that it's not es easy s they thought it will be.
Just had a conversation with my cousin in London about this same topic and he was telling me how bad it is now for a lot of Nigerians migrating to the UK. It's even hard for those that have been there all their life not to talk of new immigrants.

I'll never tell anyone not to leave Nigeria, I left when I was very young but just know that it's not rosy as you think it is. All countries have inflation and job problems now just like Nigeria. May be with the exception of the US. If you can make your way to the US, then I'll say you are good.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by pinkasso: 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
As I have always said on a thread like this don't come with your kids first, you go save Wella and yes you can actually make 3k or more self after tax, stay in a shared apartment with all bills inclusive..I will be willing to give you more info if you want...if you fit leave , leave ooh
ogawisdom:

A person coming with a student visa with a skilled dependent (wife), can easily make a combined monthly wage of 3k after tax. Please how possible is this? No children involved

4 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Emmanuel909090: 3:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by wayodude(m): 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2023
Thortp:
A family going on a student visa may experience a very rough 1st year due to the fact that only one spouse works full time as the student can only do 20 hours.
2nd year will be okay when both spouse works full time. Even the worst is both couples earn £1,500 each after tax = £3k/month.
House rent PCM - £800 for 2bdrm apartment.
Groceries - £300 maximum.
Bills (electricity, water, gas) - £200
Internet - Home and mobile - £50
Transport - £200
Miscellaneous - £150
Balance = £1,300.
That means the couple can conveniently save £1,300 every month provided it's a low job o.

Save the £1,300 for 24 months (2years) = £31,000 that is 28million naira.
You can now take it to Nigeria and invest in something good for yourself. That's another income without working.
Now you get it

On paper this looks awesome. On ground sadly I can assure you this will not work.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by bonnyhope: 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2023
emperorlaqrin:
This is going to be an honest review for those who are coming or intend coming to the Uk.

I have watched with keen interest how most People on this platform as resorted to abuse/insult on the few people who are trying to enlighten us about the challenges that are faced in the Uk.

While this Enlightenment was not meant to dissuade anyone from coming to the Uk but to prepare you of the UPS & Down faced by most immigrants.

Unfortunately many Nigerians are not prepared to be well informed about something especially when it comes to traveling while I don’t blame many if not for the situation in Nigeria.

Coming to the Uk right now is not for everyone and that is the honest truth what I mean by this is that there are some set of people whom I will not advise to come here when it comes to work.

The truth of the matter is that if you are coming here you have to do away with pride and be ready to hustle, I mean serious hustle with hard work Infact with this serious hustle if you are not careful you might not see peanut to save.

The Uk economy cannot be compared with that of Nigeria and over here everything is tax compared to Nigeria where you can do away with that.

This country is built on tax and the social amenities everyone is enjoying from good road, electricity are as a result of the revenue from tax

Every employer deducts tax from your wages and there is no way you can avoid it.

Accommodation as become a major challenge which as made a lot of people homeless due to lack of funds to secure accommodation or unavailability of accommodation within your budget.

Brb

You have not said anything NEW

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by fidtopade: 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
Thortp:
A family going on a student visa may experience a very rough 1st year due to the fact that only one spouse works full time as the student can only do 20 hours.
2nd year will be okay when both spouse works full time. Even the worst is both couples earn £1,500 each after tax = £3k/month.
Transport - £200
Miscellaneous - £150
Balance = £1,300.
That means the couple can conveniently save £1,300 every month provided it's a low job o.

You can now take it to Nigeria and invest in something good for yourself. That's another income without working.
Now you get it
Please what kind of skill can a woman acquire here in Nigeria that will be of help when planing to migrate to UK?
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by fetrillion(m): 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
ogawisdom:

Ok please can you put a figure to what is realistic. Assuming we are ready to work like mad, hustle with any job available. Or may be the wife should be the one on student visa to allow the highly educated husband hustle for a living.

See en, UK journey is not predictable.I must confess,it's all by Individual grace level oo.Some are lucky while some are unlucky.
Just like the op said,just be financially prepared before coming and don't bring dependants (mostly children) along till you secure your ground

4 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Salisu19(m): 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
This is a great write-up from an intelligent person, I wish Nigerians will listen to this advice.May Good Almighty don't make Nigerians see worse than this again,Amin summa Amin....

We want to learn.

My honest and one simple advice to all and every on here is, if you can afford it, please, make your way out and go seek a better life for you and your family.

It isn't your fault that demons have decided to take over the country and ironically, while they take charge here, they have their kids tucked away in foreign lands giving them the best and grooming them to come back to rule you and your future kids. It is a vicious cycle.

Find your way out. When dem ready to repair this country, make dem bring their kids back make all of us do am together.

No matter how rough the UK is right now, it is still better than the farm here. I am even happy for all Nigerians to move and go Nigerianize the UK make dem reap bountifully from their farm produce in a karmaic way.

Make your move legally and launch your final push to wherever you want to end up.

For all of you shouting Emilokan, Athiefkulate, Obidatti, a very friendly and brotherly advice, make una lower una expectations.

This current administration will look like Obama's administration by the time the next one come on board.

No be curse or pessimism.

You just can't build on a zero foundation and expect it to stand.

This is sinking sand.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by wayodude(m): 3:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
mediclife1987:

Well thank God I'm a Doctor, so this post isn't meant for me.

Expecting to earn in the range of £55k/month when I get there...

shocked

The level of delusion here is alarming.

7 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by bonnyhope: 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
ogawisdom:

Wow

This is interesting

This is worth it by far

I don't know why Nigerians in UK has launched a campaign to discourage ppl from coming.

Most people in Nigeria earning over 500k monthly can't save 28m in 20 years self

Imagine if the couple can save 1500 to 2000 monthly?

True
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by sukkot: 3:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
coconat:
Pls how about someone who is technically sound in fixing phones and laptops? Any hope for such an individual? If the services of technicians are needed as such, na to remain for naija dey hustle na. God dey...
if you can fix phones and laptop you dont need job na. go to high street and rent a shop and start fixing phone and laptop. its what pakistanis do

6 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Allisgud: 3:21pm On Jan 15, 2023
Leadership is our problem in this country,choose and vote wisely
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by pfadom: 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
Many of the so-called greener pastures countries are simply a bait. Once you are stranded you become homeless - there are no two ways to it.

Nigerians are still accommodating in Nigeria, but outside the shores, everybody carries his/her cross.

I will not sit here to discourage or encourage anyone to migrate, but in Jesus' words, please count the cost before to take a leap. Otherwise, you might find yourself in burning sulphur.

tinnymerit:
Any country EXCEPT Nigeria is a good country. If NIGERIANS can survive in MINI HELL call Nigeria, we can survive anywhere in the world. Many NIGERIANS can survive with even 20k,you think it's a fallacy they call us HAPPIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH?

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by mediclife1987(m): 3:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
wayodude:

shocked

The level of delusion here is alarming.

Y'all should chill the fvck out, you should know that's a typo

I meant to write £55k/annum.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by bonnyhope: 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
dupyshoo:
I agree, the generalisation is concerning.
As some people are struggling with menial jobs, a friend that is a student visa dependant got 2 jobs with salaries between 50k-60k within 2 months of getting to the UK. If you have transferable professional experience, you have huge potential here.

What about chemical engineer with 8 yrs industrial experience. What will be his chance of survival
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Sheriman(m): 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
Gips:
What I know for sure is that once Nigeria get it right and God Bless us with good leaders. All this foreign countries will suffer. They will be begging African countries to come and work even for FREE Visa... May God bless us with Good leader come 2023. Amen...
But can this happen??
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by samcolee(m): 3:27pm On Jan 15, 2023
Thortp:
Now you get it.
All our Naija people want is quick money.
.do you hate it? Suffer no de tire you?
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by segyoms: 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
Wetin be settle visa ...
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by 9ty4our: 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
Thank you for your advise, we appreciate your concern. I would also advise you to come back to Nigeria since tax is not a problem here and accommodation is very cheap. Come back to Nigeria and enjoy yourself since UK maybe too hard to survive. I believe when you comeback to Nigeria you will see that you don't have to hustle hard at all, there are work every way. It's best you stay in Nigeria and advise Nigerian and not advising from UK.

7 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Asour: 3:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
emperorlaqrin:

Brb

How many employers don't deduct tax from employees in Nigeria? I'm talking registered entities.

UK accomodation is expectedly high.
But does the Minimum wage ratio to Accomodation cost for a self-contained apartment compare to an average Lagos location?

I'm yet to see strong points here.

4 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by jieta: 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
emperorlaqrin:

How do you want to make 3k with a student visa ?

Anyway you can only work for 20hours while your wife work full time. During your schooling period you both cannot make 3k after tax and neither can your wife do a double job so the 3k is not visible.

how will the government or any body knows the numbers of hours I've work in a week.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by keepingmum: 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
Thortp:
Transport - £200
Miscellaneous - £150
Balance = £1,300.

Now you get it

This is very false budgeting. I have lived in the UK for 2 decades.
Which city is charging £800 per month for rent?? 2bed rent is about £900 upwards depending on the city. The cities with cheaper rent are often cities with no jobs or villages.

I can tell you categorically that utilities - water/gas/electric for a 2bed is around £400 per month. Then there's council tax. As long as you have a non- student living in the flat/house, u will pay which is anywhere from £100 - £170pm depending on the borough.

This are core bills that MUST be paid before u move fmto feeding/tp to work/black tax (sending money back home), paying ur tuition, saving up IHS /course training for career advancement, personal savings.

What the thread poster said is a fact but 9ja will argue until they get here. This is why nigerians in the UK ignore the Japa crew because we can all see that they have been warned before they got on a plane but they refuse. Instead u want someone to accommodate u and ur family till u "find your feet". Forgetting that by "accomodating u, their own utilities bill goes up/feeding goes up, they run the risk of a neighbor reporting them for overcrowding etc.

He who has ears, let him hear

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Dididrumz(m): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
emperorlaqrin:

Bros calm down

Is not a matter of calm down, He said the truth.
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by ChrisP92(m): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
grin you never travel, na why u dey talk like this
tinnymerit:
Any country EXCEPT Nigeria is a good country. If NIGERIANS can survive in MINI HELL call Nigeria, we can survive anywhere in the world. Many NIGERIANS can survive with even 20k,you think it's a fallacy they call us HAPPIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH?

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Acidosis(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
henro757:

Bross I have spent over two years researching way of life in the UK . on here and other forums, people like you always come with this big word TAX, in the UK you pay Tax on your salary in the Uk you do same,you sick you go hospital for free cos you pay about £100 to £150 monthly as NI which is less than N20k, if you get ill and need an Op in Nigeria how much would you pay?if you drive you pay for MOT which is equal to road worthiness, you pay road tax which you pay here as duty, you pay insurance in 9ja it jst got multiplied by 3.Now you have not included police tax, High Nepa bills no light, You dispose your own refuse and you pay for it,U pay for water gas and electric etc, SO Pleas what tax are you NOW shouting about?

£150 is N20,000? You mean 200k right?

Those who comfortably pay multiple taxes and HMO in Naija shouldn't have problems with the UK system though. But I totally understand the concerns of others.

People can't seem to understand the need to pay £150 monthly as healthcare tax. These are people who don't take ordinary paracetamol of N100 in Nigeria in 5 years. grin

E reach to complain. The average Nigerian only wants to look after himself and family.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Grupo(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
Thortp:
Transport - £200
Miscellaneous - £150
Balance = £1,300.

Now you get it

This is the same thing that my friend who moved to the UK with his wife told me.

He's even angry with me that I'm still in Nigeria.

I wonder what people like the OP aim to achieve.

According to my friend, it's best to relocate with your wife.

Let her be the student while you work full time. She will also work part time. From your full time wages, you will pay the remainder of her school fees.

After she's done with her program, you can start your own program. While she works full time.

For guys, if you truly want to relocate to UK, find an understanding partner, marry her and two of you will do it together.

Don't go alone unless you have money to pay your complete school fees from Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by SIRTee15: 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
keepingmum:

This is very false budgeting. I have lived in the UK for 2 decades.
Which city is charging £800 per month for rent?? 2bed rent is about £900 upwards depending on the city. The cities with cheaper rent are often cities with no jobs or villages.

I can tell you categorically that utilities - water/gas/electric for a 2bed is around £400 per month. Then there's council tax. As long as you have a non- student living in the flat/house, u will pay which is anywhere from £100 - £170pm depending on the borough.

This are core bills that MUST be paid before u move fmto feeding/tp to work/black tax (sending money back home), paying ur tuition, saving up IHS /course training for career advancement, personal savings.

What the thread poster said is a fact but 9ja will argue until they get here. This is why nigerians in the UK ignore the Japa crew because we can all see that they have been warned before they got on a plane but they refuse. Instead u want someone to accommodate u and ur family till u "find your feet". Forgetting that by "accomodating u, their own utilities bill goes up/feeding goes up, they run the risk of a neighbor reporting them for overcrowding etc.

He who has ears, let him hear

I live in Sheffield and I can confidently say u don't live in UK. My new build house- semi terrace is 770/ month and that's on the high side. Average house rent is 600/month.
There's no way utility is up to 400 per month, what are u consuming.
U guys should relax. Una lie is becoming too annoying from both sides of the argument.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by klawaaa: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2023
Before you start running mouth here please read below: the moral is that you can be poor or rich anywhere and anytime.
It has been a long 7 years! The Dangote oil refinery has finally been completed and will be commissioned by the President of Nigeria �� on the 24th of this month (January) 2023.

Top 10 facts about the Dangote refinery

1) ❤️The Dangote oil and petrochemical refinery is a 650,000 BPD oil refinery.

It is the largest single train oil refinery on planet earth, the largest in Africa, the 7th largest oil refinery in the world.

It is capable of meeting the energy demands for both Nigeria �� and the entire continent of Africa.

2) ❤️Dangote announced he would want to build a refinery in 2013, at that time, it would cost $9 billion. It was not untill 2016 construction started.

3) ❤️The Refinery was originally meant to be built in the oil producing state of Ondo state but due to lack of political will on the Ondo State Government, Dangote moved the project to Lagos state which also has oil.

4) ❤️The Refinery along with the Petrochemical plant is expected to generate $20 billion yearly for Nigeria.

5) ❤️The Refinery will reposition Nigeria �� as an energy hub globally

6) The Refinery has the longest subsea gas pipeline in the world with a length of 1100km

7) ❤️The Refinery will generate electricity of up to 12,000MegaWatts.

cool ❤️The Refinery is a $25 billion investment, the largest single investment carried out on the African continent by an individual and the most expensive industrial complex in Africa and perhaps the world.

9) ❤️The refinery will produce 50,000,000 litres (13,000,000 US gal) of Euro-V quality gasoline and 17,000,000 litres (4,500,000 US gal) of diesel daily, as well as aviation fuel and plastic products.

10) ❤️It will provide 135,000 permanent jobs and overall 300,000 direct and indirect jobs.

Bonus facts: ❤️The Dangote Oil Refinery will have a Nelson complexity index of 10.5 which means that it will be more complex than most refineries in the United States (average 9.5) or Europe (average 6.5). (The largest refinery of the world, the Jamnagar Refinery in India, has a complexity of 21.1.)

❤️ The Refinery has the most piles for its pile foundation on the planet. @mylagoslately
tiptoe1:

Read back and you'll see someone who got a 3bedroom apartment for £700-£750 in Manchester, there are some inner city part where you won't get it at that price. You'll be having nothing less than £1500.

Just because there are apartments rented for 5M naira per annum in Island doesn't mean you won't get an apartment rented for less than 2M nairaalso It's a simple logic, rural and urban areas.

But because your friend in UK told you he couldn't get it at that price, you believe it's impossible for every other person. Your matter taya me
Re: Advice To Every UK Japa Crew by Acidosis(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
The fact that many Nigerians become hostile the moment they land in that country shows that all is not well. Omo, if you cannot accommodate a friend for a few days/weeks without grumbling and complaining about tax, then that's already a concern. I love individualistic societies though smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) / "Ambode Fix Ekins-Okejra Addo Road – Ajah" Pasted On A Keke Napep In Lagos / Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.