Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law (8723 Views)

Planned Strike: We Are Not In Violation Of Any Court Order - NLC Tackles Fagbemi / Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue / How CBN's CRR Policy Will Kill The Economy - Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:24am On Jan 11, 2023
michoim:
The borrowings was caused mainly by Niger Delta avengers during their 2 years operation 'Zero economy' when they crippled oil production. It is also caused by Corona virus and the fall in crude oil price globally then. Also the need for external borrowings for critical infrastructural development was their...as well as jumbo crude oil theft
You arrived late.
Kindly tell us the two years avengers crippled oil production.
Also what happened to the foreign loans because your maths simply don't add up. 22trn is equivalent of the first four budgets of this administration. Do you imply that the first four budgets of this administration was wholly financed via CBN loans?
No customs remittance, VAT, NNPC receipts etc for a whole four years? Wow!! Nigerian citizen

2 Likes

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by bayelsaowei(m): 11:24am On Jan 11, 2023
Na now them dey notice am?

1 Like

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:26am On Jan 11, 2023
Kobonaire234:

True, but APC should have developed countermeasures...like diversificaiton, and also improving security.
I'm ashamed you agree with him. I used to think you're smart
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

I'm ashamed you agree with him. I used to think you're smart

Read my comment again. Especially the bit about countermeasures.

Thank you.

There were problems, the issue is, APC did nothing to solve them. Or just borrowed more. There were things they could have done.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:34am On Jan 11, 2023
abokimallam:
Why are we Nigerians bleating over the obvious damage to our economy by the politician , masquerading as CBN Governor, Mr Emefiele, as if we don’t know what to do. It is the duty of the National Assembly to impeach the CBN Governor if he broke the law establishing the CBN.The constitution gives them the power. If the National Assembly fails to do that, then they are accomplices, perhaps because he gives them dollars behind the door.
Let the National Assembly impeach Mr Emefiele, because the President doesn’t have that power.
You are truly an abokimallam
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by amc: 11:38am On Jan 11, 2023
Anyone heard of COVID?

The works superpowers were printing money to survive, hundred times what Nigeria printed.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Read my comment again. Especially the bit about countermeasures.

Thank you.

There were problems, the issue is, APC did nothing to solve them. Or just borrowed more. There were things they could have done.

Are you now saying the borrowing was justified as that man claimed?
Check the figures and ask yourselves why the president and his cabal resorted to borrowing so much money in a way that does not require approval or scrutiny if not for nefarious intents. 23trn!! That's the equivalent of this administration's first four budgets. Each budget is preceded by a finance bill which lays out budget financing plans. How come these CBN loans were never reflected in the bills for each year? All of a sudden, there's a seven year borrowing from the CBN totalling 23trn. C'mon man!! You should be smarter than this.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by goody234: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2023
Nigeria is finished ....i beg my nigerian youths save this country only you and your votes can do it ...Shape your own destiny !!

2 Likes

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:41am On Jan 11, 2023
amc:
Anyone heard of COVID?

The works superpowers were printing money to survive, hundred times what Nigeria printed.
Covid started in 2015?
Why are you people like this

3 Likes

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

.....You are an oppressor, and an oppressor...and an oppressor..

Thanks. Good morning and have fun.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:43am On Jan 11, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Thanks. Good morning and have fun.

Mtcheew.
You're the same guy who always cries about subsidy.
Here's the govt subsidizing itself by itself and you're suddenly pliant, understanding and rational.
Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

You are an oppressor, Mtcheew. You are an oppressor, mtcheewww....

cheesy
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by IbeOkehie: 11:45am On Jan 11, 2023
Kobonaire234:

True, but APC should have developed countermeasures...like diversificaiton, and also improving security.

I disagree completely here. Your opinion neglects more basic issues that Nigerians prefer to ignore. In this case property rights, but who cares about such things. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Octobertwentysix(f): 11:47am On Jan 11, 2023
, your attention is needed, come and see the amazing handiwork of your darling daddy and his APC goons.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by IbeOkehie: 11:48am On Jan 11, 2023
amc:
Anyone heard of COVID?

Covid is a very convenient excuse even in 2015

grin

In fact when APC leaders instigated Nigerians against Jonathan's removal of fuel subsidy in 2012 they were thinking ahead about Covid.
Of course, Nigerians are very smart, they can see the future.

grin

1 Like

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:50am On Jan 11, 2023
IbeOkehie:

That is also my take on the situation. Nigerians voted for a party whose leaders claimed that fuel subsidy didn't exist!

No surprise APC got into government and just ordered the CBN to print money for them to spend.

I've been repeating it...that Nigerians got exactly the government they deserve. I won't be surprised if APC wins the Presidency in the coming elections.

Nigerians don't do logic or facts. Nigerians are a very special people.

Things like logic and fact is alien to Nigerians...emotions and sentiments rule them. If Nigerians were a logical people someone like Buhari would NEVER have been president after toppling a democratically elected government of the people and by the people. Nigeria is a country that actively rewards bad behaviours.

4 Likes

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Octobertwentysix(f): 11:50am On Jan 11, 2023
Dbegining:
Funny enough, I can't find any pro APC person on this thread

They are still sleeping, idiots
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 11, 2023
IbeOkehie:

I disagree completely here. Your opinion ignores more basic issues that Nigerians prefer to ignore. In this case property rights, but who cares about such things. lipsrsealed

Methinks that if the APC government had been serious about diversifying the economy, plus removing subsides from day one in 2015, not delaying..we may have had some prosperity eventually.

Then there is improving the tax to gdp ratio as well. As well as ending price controls on power supply.

Even taking the covid menace into account.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Octobertwentysix(f): 11:52am On Jan 11, 2023
michoim:
The borrowings was caused mainly by Niger Delta avengers during their 2 years operation 'Zero economy' when they crippled oil production. It is also caused by Corona virus and the fall in crude oil price globally then. Also the need for external borrowings for critical infrastructural development was their...as well as jumbo crude oil theft

See them excuses as usual.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:53am On Jan 11, 2023
Kobonaire234:

cheesy
People like you are paid agents. It's more obvious by the day. I thought you're pro-market.
This is a direct violation of market economy principles and you're comfortable with it.

1 Like

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

People like you are paid agents. It's more obvious by the day. I thought you're pro-market.
This is a direct violation of market economy principles and you're comfortable with it.

You better calm down. This is a site. Not your life. cheesy
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Stop mouthing nonsense.
You know nothing
You're a fraud
Diversify the economy
Remove subsidies (including those already removed but you're too dumb to know)
Increase tax to gdp ratio
All so they can have more money to loot right
.... And pay you you're stipends as an online propagandist

This is a site. It is not your life. Calm down...calm down. cheesy
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

I'm very much aware
And it's your life not a site
People like you are the reason this country can't get better
Always making excuses for govt failure while forming smart

You should not let avians build their places of abode on thy crown.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Dumb nonsense.
They pay peasants like you 30k to come online and defend them
How do you even live such a life defending thieves and you're happy
Your should be ashamed of yourself

Ah yes, and you believe that Jesus is your saviour, yet you use such language, and lie repeatedly.

Good morning.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
Kobonaire234:

This is a site. It is not your life. Calm down...calm down. cheesy
Always excusing govt failure under the guise of subsidy removal
I get the gist now. You're being paid to push the narrative that the country's problem is that the people want govt to feed and take care of their daily living
More like a principle that says the people are the problem, not the govt right?
I get it now

1 Like

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Always excusing govt failure under the guise of subsidy removal
I get the gist now. You're being paid to push the narrative that the country's problem is that the people want govt to feed and take care of their daily living
More like a principle that says the people are the problem, not the govt right?
I get it now

You should calm down grin

Really for someone who claims in his signature to be

Ojú ntaná, kùkùté nsòrò. I beleive that Jesus is the Son of God and Saviour of the world. Any other god na soso yeye

he heedeth not the words of his own bible which sayeth...be slow to anger...
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Yankee101: 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
Both should be in jail
Emwfiele and Buhari

1 Like

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Mtcheew.
You're the same guy who always cries about subsidy.
Here's the govt subsidizing itself by itself and you're suddenly pliant, understanding and rational.
Hypocrite

You must be really hurt.

Again calm down. For someone who claims to be a christian, and a follower of the christman, you are doing a lot of disservice to your lord and liege in the heavens...

Anyway, last word to you...calm down, and don't let other people's opinons get to you. I disagree with a lot of people here, but I don;t make it my life;s ambition to be so antagonistic .

Remember you follow the christman....not the other man.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2023
Like some people don't get my point

Instead of government to violate its own rules and get loans from CBN

1,They should have removed subsides on power and petrol...attract investors and more investment and money

2.Actually diversified the economy

3.Collected more and more taxes...improve the tax to gdp ratio to 20-30%

4.Improve security.

It is what they were voted for..to change things.

The borrowing is at the end, what we have when government avoids the truth, and plays with lies.

Anyway, I ain't voting for APC, or PDP, or LP, or NNPP, or SPD. Never have, never will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures / INEC To Train Over 1m Personnel For 2019 Elections / Why Senate Leader, Others Are Yet To Be Named

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.