Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest (23984 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Leaves EFCC Custody, Walks Into Lagos Hotel For Dinner (photos) / Video Of Fayose Arriving EFCC Office Emerges / Ayo Fayose Arrives EFCC Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by politicoNG: 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
I was arrested & detained @ the MM int airport, Lagos this morning 12th Jan on my way to UK for medicals, yrs after my passport was withheld by the FHC Abuja.I just left the efcc office where snr officers in lagos& Abuja appologised to me for the error. OCCUPATIONAL HAZZARD abi?

https://twitter.com/doyinokupe/status/1613500596677378049?t=a4QXGcRc6xEKkaTNv9DEwA&s=19

The DSS released a statement on why Okupe was arrested.

The Department of State Services, DSS, has confirmed the arrest of the former presidential spokesman, Dr. Doyin Okupe.

DSS said he was arrested on the instruction of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

The confirmation was made via a statement by the Public Relations Officer of the DSS, Dr. Peter Afunanya, in a statement sent to Vanguard.

Afunanya said: “Doyin Okupe was intercepted by the DSS at Terminal 1 of Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, this morning (Thursday) at the instance of the EFCC.

“He has long been handed over to the Commission, which requested for the action.

“Okupe was billed to fly to London via Virgin Atlantic,” the statement said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/why-we-arrested-okupe-dss/

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7521505/dss-arrests-doyin-okupe-mmia

3 Likes

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by ganisucks(f): 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
Someone somewhere is really after this man. They just want to stop him from becoming the next SGF.

150 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by Robinmido(m): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Na una headache
Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
No warrant of arrest. Nothing nothing. These guys wan turn dis country to banana republic

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by Moh247: 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2023
ganisucks:
Someone somewhere is really after this man. They just want to stop him from becoming the next SGF.

Lol

Federal might?!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by Mrkumareze(m): 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
He's a wealthy man, if na poor man he ll be released after one month, without apology .

12 Likes

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by budaatum: 12:53pm On Jan 12, 2023
He should sue for false arrest so he can be even wealthier. It would also teach EFCC a lesson in law that they ought to have been taught already.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by crestedaguiyi: 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Nothing knew.

the media needs to make money
Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by Pwettylinda(f): 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
Theifnubuu arrested in Chicago for drug trafficking grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by Joevics(m): 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
They said Peter Obi is inconsequential, but they are threatening all his associates, and anyone who might support him

We will still win.

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by pheelhip(m): 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
A thief is a thief
Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by PandoraObi: 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
ok
Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by Thinktwicemybro: 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
They should stop harasing this man. He is a free man

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by NewNg1: 12:59pm On Jan 12, 2023
a
Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by adeola1097: 12:59pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banana republic or Zoo of a nation, I don’t know which is worse grin

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by luluosas(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2023
Na waoh

1 Like

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by Esales(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2023
DSS should try to not make such errors repeatedly, the polity is heated up already.
Meanwhile, to dey browse for interesting posts no dey Taya you? Save yourself the stress and time, Join my WhatsApp TV for hilarious content right on WhatsApp. Check my signature for the phone number.
I dey drop biz talks and advice for entrepreneurs once once so na full package cheesy
Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by PandoraObi: 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Theifnubuu arrested in Chicago for drug trafficking grin
Tinubu is bigger than the whole Igbo land, no one can touch him

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by broadman20: 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2023
Tinubu
Tinubu
Tinubu

How many times did I call you?

Don't forget that the Bullion Van petition Deji wrote against you is still with the EFCC o!

Hiaaaaaa!

6 Likes

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by crossfm: 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hehehe .

They just realized how powerful LP has become,they felt it's Okupke's fault angry grin.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by melonsgroup: 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2023
K
Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by Solababa91(m): 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
Sue for this Buhari era, and you think EFCC will pay?
budaatum:
He should sue for false arrest so he can be even wealthier. It would also teach EFCC a lesson in law that they ought to have been taught already.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
ganisucks:

Is he even worth holding any credible position? He performed so bad in GEJ's cabinet, very deceitful individual. No different from other corrupt politicians. Tinubu Atiku etc should be rotting in jail by now if not for the corrupt system.

5 Likes

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by Drsnives(m): 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeke
Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by cunny88(m): 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
All dis overzealous DSS officers should be be drafted into the army and deployed to sambissa forest to exhibit their zealousness with insurgents.

10 Likes

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by Allisgud: 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2023
They want to collect the remaining one from the 200million
Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by Image123(m): 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2023
Going to UK for medicals, does he want to start a job there? And this are the PDPlite preaching change oh, the gullible don't know it's same same. Okupe, GEJ's attack dog of that year that told us that it is impossible to have new trains in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by FuckOsuPigs: 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2023
ganisucks:

SGF of which country? An ex-con?
Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by olatuns2017: 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2023
Joevics:
They said Peter Obi is inconsequential, but they are threatening all his associates, and anyone who might support him

We will still win.

UK Govt threatening Obi company

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by ganisucks(f): 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2023
Daguga:

Is he even worth holding any credible position? He performed so bad in GEJ's cabinet, very deceitful individual. No different from other corrupt politicians. Tinubu Atiku etc should be rotting in jail by now if not for the corrupt system.
I'm not talking about his competence or capabilities. I'm just saying he's being hunted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest by unclejb2(m): 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2023
No matter what they do, Peter Obi is winning this election

QED

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Debunks Claims About Capacity Of NSPMC Plc, Alleged Threats To Close Banks / Steps And Timelines For Resolving Presidential Election Disputes In Nigeria / Aisha Yesufu Blasts Mama Taraba(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.