Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? (1099 Views)

Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai / COZA Members Ask Pastor Biodun To Tell The Truth About The Sex Scandal / Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:10am On Sep 05, 2011
Samuel told Saul- You have acted foolishly!

How many present day pastors will say this to Jonathan?

Pastors indeed!
Re: How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? by ogajim(m): 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
There seems to be an UNHOLY union between Nigerian so called pastors and the politicians because that's where the most money comes from plus the exemptions to import their LUXURY items,

They have sold out, that's the simple truth.
Re: How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? by Joagbaje(m): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2011
OYINBOGOJU:

Samuel told Saul- You have acted foolishly!
How many present day pastors will say this to Jonathan?
Pastors indeed!

Any pastor who God sends with such message can tell the president
Re: How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? by nlMediator: 8:29pm On Sep 06, 2011
Joagbaje:

Any pastor who God sends with such message can tell the president

I'm not sure they need a specific word from God. The Word of Prophecy - Bible - is sufficiently clear on that. They should not shirk their responsibility and hide under "God did not tell me". I'm sure they do not apply such standard to many other things they speak out on or require action from others.
Re: How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? by Joagbaje(m): 11:10pm On Sep 06, 2011
nlMediator:

I'm not sure they need a specific word from God. The Word of Prophecy - Bible - is sufficiently clear on that. They should not shirk their responsibility and hide under "God did not tell me". I'm sure they do not apply such standard to many other things they speak out on or require action from others.

What the "THE WORD OF PROPHECY " admonishes us to do is to pray for rulers . Not to judge or condemn them. But some ministers have anointing to be a voice to or against government. Like Elijah ,John, Jeremiah etc.
Its not every minister that has such ministry . If you doubt it why don't you do it yourself ? grin grin.
Re: How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? by nlMediator: 2:55am On Sep 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

What the "THE WORD OF PROPHECY " admonishes us to do is to pray for rulers . Not to judge or condemn them. But some ministers have anointing to be a voice to or against government. Like Elijah ,John, Jeremiah etc.
Its not every minister that has such ministry . If you doubt it why don't you do it yourself ? grin grin.

If the Bible is against our "condemning" or "judging" rulers, how do you expect the Holy Ghost to tell a pastor to do that? Will the Holy Ghost condemn the written word of God? Or, you're suggesting that "condemning" or "judging" is reserved for rulers called specially to do that? You cannot point to one place where the Bible asks us not to critically evaluate leaders and make suggestions for societal advancement. Saying that we should pray is not an automatic elimination of the other. Of course, if I have the kind of access the pastors have, I'll tell the leaders to their face. In fact, I've started at the level of access I have and will continue as more opportunities arise. I need nothing from these politicians and so have no qualms about telling them the truth. Unfortunately, many pastors cannot say the same. They're more interested in bragging about their connection to the misrulers and collecting money from them, while their members and other citizens suffer the consequences.
Re: How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? by Joagbaje(m): 9:38am On Sep 07, 2011
nlMediator:

If the Bible is against our "condemning" or "judging" rulers, how do you expect the Holy Ghost to tell a pastor to do that? Will the Holy Ghost condemn the written word of God?

There is a difference between a pastor and a prophet, apostles etc. A pastor is anointed over a congregation. An apostle is a gift to the body , a prophet can be anointed over a nation , a generation etc. There are different callings in God. Those who are anointed to speak to rulers have grace for it. We should all focus on our callings and stop criticising what we know not. If you say we are all equal and the same and go and function in what God hasn't called you to do. You will be on your own because the grace of God will not be there. You only have grace, angels and ability for the specific assignment God reveals to you.

Besides there are different kinds of rulers . There are rulers who are open to recieve from men of God there are rulers that are not open. But if God sends a man , he grants grace.
Re: How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? by nlMediator: 6:19pm On Sep 07, 2011
I think you're taking the topic in a different direction. We're using pastors in a generic sense. I'm not sure it matters to the OP whether the minister is a prophet or apostle: the question simply is whether a minister in Nigeria can tell truth to power. I'm sure there are apostles and prophets in Nigeria. How come none of them seem to have this anointing you're discussing - the anointing to speak to rulers about their evil deeds in Nigeria? I'm sure if this is the kind of anointing that would profit them, we'd be using Biblical examples to justify it. Now, that it may be unprofitable or even dangerous, we don't think anybody is anointed to do what Samuel did in all of Nigeria?

Billy Graham was an evangelist, but he advised presidents. He didn't fall down and die because somehow he lacked the anointing to admonish. I don't know what it is about Nigerians that makes us want to excuse everything away. Ministers and christians simply need to stand up and fight for justice for all. Looking for a spiritual escpae valve is unhelpful.
Re: How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? by Zodiac61(m): 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2011
Why do you need a pastor to be able to tell the president he acted foolishly??
What authority (other than the self-anointed authority assumed by all those parasites) does a pastor have over other citizens?
In an ideal world, anyone should be able to tell the president that he acted foolishly, if indeed he did.
It does not require self serving conmen (pastors and their ilk) who assume that they have some divine right to blow off any time someone does not conform to their prejudices.
Re: How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? by nlMediator: 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2011
^^
It's about infliuence. Samuel had influence over Saul. Some pastors have influence over the corrupt politicians that come to their church or with whom they interact on occasion. Their words would be more effective than that of a solitary citizen in the middle of nowhere.
Re: How Many Pastors Can Tell The President? by italo: 9:56am On Sep 12, 2011
The fact that a man wakes up one morning and says he has a calling to be a pastor doesn't mean he has the calling to be a pastor. Who ordained all these businessmen that call themselves pastors? If you don't have the authority to shepherd God's flock, u simply dnt hav it. It dznt matter how much you pray, fast, how well you speak.

So do not expect them to stand for the truth. Their shops which they call 'churches' are not the one built by Jesus Christ on the rock - Peter 2000yrs ago.

(1) (Reply)

God’s Anger At Sin As Narrated In The Book Of Romans. / Redemption Song: Bob Marley's Journey From Rasta To Believer In Jesus Christ / From Sorrow To Joy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.