Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections (17226 Views)

Senator Osita Izunaso Wins Imo West Senate Poll / Godswill Akpabio Wins Akwa Ibom North-West Senate Seat / Okorocha Wins Imo West Senatorial Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by senatordave1(m): 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2023
The Supreme Court on Friday in Abuja nullified the primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, which produced Hon Jones Onyerere as its senatorial candidate for Imo West in the February National Assembly election.

The Apex Court nullified the primary election on the ground that it was conducted in Owerri, the Imo State capital, instead of Orlu being the senatorial headquarters of Imo West.

Justice Emmanuel Agim, in a judgment on the appeal filed by Hon Nnamdi Ezeani, said that PDP grossly violated Section 87 (9) of the Electoral Act by conducting the primary election outside the venue stipulated by law.

The Apex Court held that by the judgment, PDP would not participate in the next month’s senatorial election, having failed to produce its candidate within the time allowed by law.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/01/13/2023-supreme-court-kicks-pdp-out-of-imo-west-senatorial-election/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by senatordave1(m): 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2023
Senator izunaso has won orlu senate polls in advance and may be the next senate president.welcome back to the green chambers senator osita izunaso,goodbye rochas

21 Likes

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by senatordave1(m): 1:04pm On Jan 13, 2023
I repeat,atiku won't see 20% in imo,tinubu will get over 25%.uzodinma and apc will overrun orlu zone.hope re election bid is going well.meanwhile,anyanwu and ihedioha are fighting

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by Kyase(m): 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2023
Next senate president is coming from IMO state

27 Likes

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by seunmsg(m): 1:08pm On Jan 13, 2023
senatordave1:
The Supreme Court on Friday in Abuja nullified the primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, which produced Hon Jones Onyerere as its senatorial candidate for Imo West in the February National Assembly election.

The Apex Court nullified the primary election on the ground that it was conducted in Owerri, the Imo State capital, instead of Orlu being the senatorial headquarters of Imo West.

Justice Emmanuel Agim, in a judgment on the appeal filed by Hon Nnamdi Ezeani, said that PDP grossly violated Section 87 (9) of the Electoral Act by conducting the primary election outside the venue stipulated by law.

The Apex Court held that by the judgment, PDP would not participate in the next month’s senatorial election, having failed to produce its candidate within the time allowed by law.

One sure senate seat for APC in Imo already.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by senatordave1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kyase:
Next senate president is coming from IMO state

I dont like izunaso,I prefer ouk or degi

4 Likes

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by senatordave1(m): 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2023
Pdp should also be disqualified in zamfara,Ogun and obudu,bekwarra,obanliku federal constituency of crs

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by quickberry(m): 1:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
Oro di hun grin

10 Likes

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by AdaojoTheUrchin: 1:31pm On Jan 13, 2023
senatordave1:
I repeat,atiku won't see 20% in imo,tinubu will get over 25%.uzodinma and apc will overrun orlu zone.hope re election bid is going well.meanwhile,anyanwu and ihedioha are fighting

You are a rabble rouser and a political otimkpu that rubs 2 nickels together... grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by senatordave1(m): 1:39pm On Jan 13, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

You are a rabble rouser and a political otimkpu that rubs 2 nickels together... grin

All things workest for good of tinubu

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by Okoroawusa: 1:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
senatordave1:
You are correct. APC is more united in Imo than PDP

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by Kyase(m): 1:56pm On Jan 13, 2023
senatordave1:

I dont like izunaso,I prefer ouk or degi

I think OUK stroke a deal with Tinubu in that regard

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by senatordave1(m): 2:02pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kyase:

I think OUK stroke a deal with Tinubu in that regard

Yes.ouk is very clever.again,his mum hss ties to tinubu.when ouk noticed that lawan might win,he supported him.immediately he lost,he switched.I think akpabio too has a deal

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by senatordave1(m): 2:04pm On Jan 13, 2023
Okoroawusa:

You are correct. APC is more united in Imo than PDP

I heard even rochas is working with hope.the only aggrieved party is hon nwajiuba

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by freshvine(f): 2:08pm On Jan 13, 2023
Foolish assumptions and illogical permutations.
APC in Imo State? What an delusional grandeur !

I am from the Orlu axis and I can tell you for sure APGA is more recognized than APC not to even mention LABOUR PARTY in the mix.

Gone are the days of Rochas Okorocha in Orlu when a voter will go to the polling unit to cast his vote and there are no electoral officials in sight only for results of the election in favor of APC announced later. BVAS will take care of that fraudulent act on the people of Orlu zone.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by OGIBRA(m): 2:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
PO-LI-TICS!!!
Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by senatordave1(m): 2:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
freshvine:

I am from the Orlu axis and I can tell you for sure APGA is more recognized than APC not to even mention LABOUR PARTY in the mix.

Gone are the days of Rochas Okorocha in Orlu when a voter will go to the polling unit to cast his vote and there are no electoral officials in sight only for results of the election in favor of APC announced later. BVAS will take care of that fraudulent act on the people of Orlu zone.

Who are the lp and apga candidates? Just be objective,izunaso has no rival.onyereri career is over.they wanted to do this same thing in 2019 when the returning officer wanted to announce results in owerri instead of orlu but rochas refused and forced him to announce it in orlu

11 Likes

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by Kyase(m): 2:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
senatordave1:

Yes.ouk is very clever.again,his mum hss ties to tinubu.when ouk noticed that lawan might win,he supported him.immediately he lost,he switched.I think akpabio too has a deal

Heard about that OUK mom, that every politician in abia is scared of her grin
And this is from OUK distant cousin that we served together with

4 Likes

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:25pm On Jan 13, 2023
Imo State is gradually becoming a supreme court state grin

Criticize Buhari or his (Uzodinma) government, Uzodinma go use UGM gun you down

If it's an institution, he uses supreme court straight away

Imo State hardly sleeps since Buhari force hope Uzodinma on the good people of Imo

It is well!

Modified:
pquaver:

Face your state. We are very happy in imo..
Face your state in Nigeria grin grin grin

If by now you have not realized that what happens to one happens to all

Then you need help!!!

6 Likes

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by maestroferddi: 2:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
freshvine:

Let the jokers celebrate their fool's gold..

That is my senatorial zone as well and I can wager that APC are no hopers in Orlu Zone.

If there is any place Hope Uzodinma is hated like the devil, that place is the entirety of Orlu Zone.

Osita Izunaso is from Ohaji/Egbema/Oguta axis which is a peripheral part of the senatorial district so it is difficult to see how he can win.

Labour Party candidate for the senatorial slot is very popular and will likely win it...

The BVAS is in play so we have no time to waste reacting to the celebration of pipe dreams...

Hope Uzodinma knows that nothing can save him later this year...

He has been acting friendly whenever Peter Obi come calling because he knows that jail time awaits him in the nearest future so why not prepare for a soft landing in the inevitable Peter Obi presidency...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by Jones4190(m): 2:40pm On Jan 13, 2023
tinubu will win imo state before 11 am

4 Likes

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by mrvitalis(m): 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2023
senatordave1:

Lmfao who Una think say Una dey play ?

APC would never zone their senate Presidency to south east ...it's impossible

Gbagamiala would remain speaker ...senate President would go to north ... knowing Tinubu SSG might come from South west even or south south or north central Yorubas ..if APC wins

Chief judge, president and speaker would all be Yorubas if APC wins

There are just too many factors against Tinubu presidency the stars just don't align with his ambition

6 Likes

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by senatordave1(m): 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lmfao who Una think say Una dey play ?

APC would never zone their senate Presidency to south east ...it's impossible

Gbagamiala would remain speaker ...senate President would go to north ... knowing Tinubu SSG might come from South west even or south south or north central Yorubas ..if APC wins

Chief judge, president and speaker would all be Yorubas if APC wins

There are just too many factors against Tinubu presidency the stars just don't align with his ambition

Senate president will go ss if they give tinubu more votes than se.speaker is going to nw.chief of staff is Yoruba,ssg will be nc

8 Likes

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by mrvitalis(m): 2:54pm On Jan 13, 2023
maestroferddi:
Let the jokers celebrate their fool's gold..

That is my senatorial zone as well and I can wager that APC are no hopers in Orlu Zone.

If there is any place Hope Uzodinma is hated like the devil, that place is the entirety of Orlu Zone.

Osita Izunaso is from Ohaji/Egbema/Oguta axis which is a peripheral part of the senatorial district so it is difficult to see how he can win.

Labour Party candidate for the senatorial slot is very popular and will likely win it...

The BVAS is in play so we have no time to waste reacting to the celebration of pipe dreams...

Hope Uzodinma knows that nothing can save him later this year...

He has been acting friendly whenever Peter Obi come calling because he knows that jail time awaits him in the nearest future so why not prepare for a soft landing in the inevitable Peter Obi presidency...
I tell people Hope has more chance to win in mbaise than orlu ...hope is hated in orlu more than buhari
Hope knows he can never won relelection even if he is made INEC chairman to conduct election

This one's are saying Tinubu would get 25% in IMO ...like 1 in 4 imolites would vote Tinubu ?

What influence do you even think all the political class have in imo ? If all of them back Tinubu he won't still still 10%

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by mrvitalis(m): 2:56pm On Jan 13, 2023
senatordave1:

Senate president will go ss if they give tinubu more votes than se.speaker is going to nw.chief of staff is Yoruba,ssg will be nc
Lmfao gbagamiala would sit as a floor member when APC is majority ? This lamba sweet you for mouth ? Lmfao you would zone the president to south south as if Igbos care ....Una dey nairaland dey share position

As south west collect all key positions APC gave south and marginalized the rest south ,Una life better pass the rest south ? Lmfao

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by TheChameleon: 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2023
grin

Up APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by DMerciful(m): 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2023
There has to be a clandestine connection between Supreme Court and Hope Uzodinma
Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by greatiyk4u(m): 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2023
senatordave1:
Senator izunaso has won orlu senate polls in advance and may be the next senate president.welcome back to the green chambers senator osita izunaso,goodbye rochas

Kpakpando
Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by NothingDoMe: 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
senatordave1:
lol. Garfield and his funny election predictions cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by Frosheer(m): 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ok good one
Re: Jones Onyereri: Supreme Court Kicks PDP Out Of Imo West Senate Elections by id4sho(m): 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2023
shocked
e remain BAT tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emefiele Is A Flight Risk: DSS,OAGF Oppose Suspended CBN Gov's Bail Application / Abe Disagrees With Amaechi Over Venue Of APC Congress / Minister Of Information, Governors Now Speaking For Terrorists – Aisha Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.