Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,069 members, 7,852,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

A Short Story For Us To Reflect Upon... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Short Story For Us To Reflect Upon... (271 Views)

IPMAN: Reduction In Diesel Price Yet To Reflect Due To Old Stock / Court Orders RMAFC To Fix Salaries Of NASS Members To Reflect Economic Realities / WHICH WAY NIGERIA @ 58? Reflect Upon The lyrics in this song ye Nigerians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Short Story For Us To Reflect Upon... by phorget(m): 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2023
So a story was told of a king who called his subjects to a feast.

The king promised to provide enough food to feed the entire village, however he said he wouldn't provide them with any wine.

In order to strengthen their sense of community and foster togetherness, the king asked that the wine be provided by the villagers instead.

He put a very huge pot at the village square and asked that each household poured a keg of palmwine into the pot. If every household donated a keg, they should have enough wine to last them for the entire feast.

On that appointed Eke market day, the villagers started trooping to the village square to donate their quota.

Now, the king decided not to have this process supervised. He trusted his subjects to act accordingly.
You only needed to declare your attendance after you must have poured your keg into the pot.

While this was going on, one man, Mazi Okoro, thought to himself, "If no one is supervising the donation of the palmwine, why do I need to donate at all?"

He reckoned, "If everyone poured in a keg of palmwine and I poured a keg of water into the pot, no one would be any wiser, and my keg of water would be but a little dilution to the wine and it wouldn't make any difference."

And so he did.
He poured a keg of water into the pot instead of a keg of palmwine.

The days passed, trickled down until the feast day finally arrived.
All was well at the feast until it was time to drink the wine.

Lo and behold, it was only water!

Because while Mazi Okoro thought his keg of water would go unnoticed since everyone else was pouring in palmwine, Mazi Okeke also thought the same.
And so did Mazi Okafor, and Mazi Okonkwo, and the entire village.

So in the end they had to endure their pot of water throughout the entire feast.
Because who could they complain to? The king? He had nothing to do with it.
They themselves had brought this misfortune upon them.

As elections draw closer, do not be like these villagers and assume that others are going to vote your preferred candidate even if you don't vote.

Do not think "after all, we did million man marches all around the country and people came out in their thousands, so my one vote won't make any difference."

Please go and pick up your PVC.

Your vote makes all the difference.

4 Likes

Re: A Short Story For Us To Reflect Upon... by Rexymania(m): 6:44pm On Jan 13, 2023
God bless you. Me I will vote o. Inshallah
Re: A Short Story For Us To Reflect Upon... by Trapnews: 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thanks for sharing and let's vote enmass for Jagaban to avoid our country from being hijacked by IPOB miscreants parading as Obidients grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Preview Of A Potential Peter Obi Presidency / Challenges Tinubu/Atiku Supporter May face After 2023 Election / Today’s Electorate Blessed With Social Media, Says Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.