Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,110 members, 7,842,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos (4544 Views)

Phcn (nepa) Turns Umuahia South To Hell On Earth / FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract / Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by globexl: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2011
Excellent.
I see that we are gradually going back to regionalism. That is what Nigeria needs to develop. For a long time, we have put so much hope on a useless and incompetent federal govenrment with zero to show for it. If the various regions begin to integrate their economies and their strenghts, we can demystify the so called federal might and unlease the creative power of the Nigerian people for the benefit of the Nigeria people.
Its about time. lets keep the momentum.
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by sheyguy: 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2011
I have the felling that Lagos will be the Economic capital of Africa in the nearest future if Lagos government  keep going at the rate they are going.
Eko oni baje oo!
as for ND and East the earlier u guys link up with Lagos the better for u guys cos everyone can't reside in Lagos
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2011
Funny people.imagine how d railway will be like, U̶̲̥̅̊ shape. Anyway d keshi man is a delta igbo I guess.
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by globexl: 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2011
Must there there be a tribal or ethnic dimension to every issue? it seems that Nairalanders take more delight in dabbling in ethnic and tribal innuendos than at looking at issues pragmatically. Strenghtening regional integeration is good for everyone whether it is delta , Igbo or Yoruba. Let every region harness their strengths.
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by JimmyBoy1: 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2011
Anytime I see threads like this, I always wonder where the country could have been if there was no millitary intervention in our polity. Apparently there is developoment in all nooks and crannies of the country, in-spite all the sleaze, nepotism,bureacracy e.t.c in our public administration, we do not have any other choice than to consolidate on our democracy.
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by ektbear: 9:42pm On Sep 05, 2011
Nice move!
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Guardian(m): 10:41pm On Sep 05, 2011
RUBBISH !!!.
This is just another ploy to loot.

What are you all so optimistic about ? 80% of interconnecting roads in South -South are bad and definitely would take more than 5 years to fix.

And you think building a rail network fails from he sky ?

Just the Rivers Delta state Road is taking 10 years to make !!!.

PLEASE !!!
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by grabdbull: 12:01am On Sep 06, 2011
I'm loving it!!! Build this rail line quick quick. It will reduce the carnage witnessed daily on the Benin-Ore expressway. It definitely would make haulage cheaper. Come one, come all to the Yankee of Nigeria; come to Lagos and invest. Lagos rewards the pragmatic and the prudent. Come one, come all. Eko get ready, IGR is about to increase some more; Ogun, Ondo. get ready to finalize the right of way agreement - you might also increase IGR from this.

When will this project start? Let the laying of tracks begin!!
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by ektbear: 12:05am On Sep 06, 2011
Guardian:

What are you all so optimistic about ? 80% of interconnecting roads in South -South are bad and definitely would take more than 5 years to fix.

Rail is the future.

@Topic: I hope the governors in the SW are not sleeping at the wheel in this. They had better put together a plan as well.
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by mbatuku1: 7:29am On Sep 06, 2011
I still dont get the objective of this railroad? Will it transport people or goods? Or just another political gimmick to siphon public funds?
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by peleson: 11:27am On Sep 06, 2011
good one, i dont care who it benefits or not, let it be done and let it be said we have achieved a workable rail system

(1) (2) (Reply)

Key Distributors, UNILEVER, PZ, Friesland WAMCO / How To Become A Successful Betonmarkets Trader / Nigerian Scientists Create Unmeltable Chocolate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.