Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos (4537 Views)

Phcn (nepa) Turns Umuahia South To Hell On Earth / FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract / Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by PointB: 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2011
South-South To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos

Written by Bolaji Ogundele, Port Harcourt

I
t has been disclosedthat the regional effortsat structural and economic development in the South-South region or in any other part of Nigeria does not threaten the nation's federalism, rather it deepens it.

Director General of the Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Edo and Delta (BRACED) Commission, Ambassador Joe Keshi, made this statement during a media parley in Port Harcourt at the weekend. He also disclosed plans by the region to work with the Federal Government on making its trans-regional rail project a success.

Keshi further said that the stakeholders of the region feel the time to develop the region is now that they still have the resources to do so, noting that the BRACED Commission, though not a "contract awarding organisation," would provide the direction to realise the development dream.

"Federalism is not dead; what we and other regions are trying to do here is strengthen the fabrics of our national existence.

"There is no way the states of this zone can work together to industrialise and develop its economy, that it will not overflow to other regions, particularly to its neighbours. So, it is strengthening the fabrics of our existence," he said.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/sep/4/610.html
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by OAM4J: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2011
Another good one!

All roads rails lead to Lagos. cool
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by PointB: 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^^
True. We all like no-mans- land! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by peckhamboi: 1:58pm On Sep 05, 2011
Just make sure there are terminuses in Oyo, Ondo and Ogun else we wont allow it. tongue
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by aljharem3: 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2011
peckhamboi:

Just make sure there are terminuses in Oyo, Ondo and Ogun else we wont allow it. tongue

no way any train would get to lagos without ondo and ogun
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by aljharem3: 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2011
PointB:

^^^^
True. We all like no-mans- land! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

yep no man's land unless it is not passing through SE then we are cool

i predicted this to onlytruth the other day that it would cut out SE. i guess i right cheesy cheesy
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by olabukola: 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2011
alj_harem:

yep no man's land unless it is not passing through SE then we are cool

i predicted this to onlytruth the other day that it would cut out SE. i guess i right cheesy cheesy
Then who will be the passengers? After the yoruba states the train will run empty to PH.
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by aljharem3: 2:14pm On Sep 05, 2011
olabukola:

Then who will be the passengers? After the yoruba states the train will run empty to PH.

LOl yoruba man

the passengers are clear, you see if u think well i am sure it is very clear

In southern Nigeria, you have 3 commerical capital, 1 hoilday resuiirt

lagos, warri, port harcount, cross river/calabar

Now, Yorubas are flocking in to port harcount everyday so it works well for yorubas in lagos ogun, ondo

trade point in port harcount and warri , calabar would be used by the people over there

Now here is the thinking the SS used.

by doing so it makes this cities in the SS more commericial and act as trade point. I don't care if they are igbo or not as i am not tribalist and don't intenetd to turn this to anther triabal ranting

all i know is SE is not in this so call scheme. which is good. also no igbo in SS. ecpecially port harcount , i don't know about anioma some are still fighting

i guess that is igbo buisness not mine. all i know is that it gives SS more power. and very soon the NC are doing theres from kwara to benue straight through oyo to lagos.

NW would join soon as well. Now it is up to the SE to build their's as well. unless the governors don't want to do it which is OK
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by PointB: 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2011
alj_harem:

LOl yoruba man

Now, Yorubas are flocking in to port harcount everyday so it works well for yorubas in lagos ogun, ondo

trade point in port harcount and warri , calabar would be used by the people over there

by doing so it makes this cities in the SS more commericial and act as trade point. I don't care if they are igbo or not as i am not tribalist and don't intenetd to turn this to anther triabal ranting

all i know is SE is not in this so call scheme. which is good. also no igbo in SS. ecpecially port harcount , i don't know about anioma some are still fighting

i guess that is igbo buisness not mine. all i know is that it gives SS more power. and very soon the NC are doing theres from kwara to benue straight through oyo to lagos.

NW would join soon as well. Now it is up to the SE to build their's as well. unless the governors don't want to do it which is OK

Fatherless son, and his paralogism! grin grin grin grin
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by aljharem3: 2:21pm On Sep 05, 2011
olabukola:

this is what i mean

[size=13pt]Osun to construct road to link Ogun, Lagos[/size]

The Osun State Government has awarded a contract for the construction of a road that will link the state with Ogun State through Ikoyi and Ikorodu to Lagos.
It will bypass Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
Governor Rauf Aregbesola spoke on the project yesterday at a church service on the 20th anniversary of the creation of the state, at the All Saints Cathedral Church, Balogun Agoro, Osogbo.
The governor said when the road is completed, those travelling to Lagos from Osun would not experience the hectic traffic in Ibadan.
Represented by his deputy, Mrs Titilayo Laoye-Tomori, the governor reiterated the commitment of his administration to rebuild Osogbo, the state capital, and put it on world map as one of the best state capitals in the world.
Aregbesola said: “This government has awarded a contract that will connect Osun State straight to Ogun State through Ikoyi to Ikorodu and to Lagos. We will cut off Oyo State. So, we will no longer go through the rigours of traffic hold-up in Ibadan.”
The present administration, the governor said, would develop and renew Osun through road construction, among others.
He said the government had begun a renewal programme in the rural areas to show its commitment to agriculture and massive food production.
Aregbesola said Osun would tap various avenues, especially tourism, to increase its Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) to develop the state.
He said: “Recently, we launched O-Tour to put the state tourism on the world map because we are endowed with natural things from God and we want to ensure that we become the best state in Nigeria, especially in the area of tourism. We are determined to bring out the best in the state.
“We have 63 tourist centres in the state and we will develop all these to ensure that our IGR improves because, right now in the South-West, we have the least IGR. But within the next six months, you will all be living witnesses to what will happen.”
The governor praised the civil servants, religious leaders and traditional rulers for ensuring the development of the state since its creation.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/18417-osun-to-construct-road-to-link-ogun-lagos.html
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Desola(f): 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2011
Why am I not liking this?

Something smells like fish!
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by PointB: 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^^

True, fish from GEJ (the fisherman) home will get to Lagos by rail.

You smell the fish already, smart girl! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Kx: 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2011
Good one BUT

Why dont they build rail lines to connect all the states within he south south to promote trade and bix in the non oil sector and tourism within the south south instead of rail line to Lagos?
What strategic benefit does SS stand to gain from this rail project to Lagos?
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Rgp92: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2011
They should stop talking and start building undecided
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Relax101(m): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2011
alj_harem:

LOl yoruba man

WTF?
I thought the fasting would help but no. You got serious issues man.
Babalawo dey your village?
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by amblors(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2011
I have been hearing of rail lines like forever now, havn't heard of anyone been built.
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by 76Naira(m): 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2011
Them don dey talk again. I miss Fela on this.
Start already!!! Naija still dey back.
Stop the talk & start the actions, abeg!!!
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by kabukabu(m): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2011
Its all hype grin grin

There hasn't been functioning rail in Nigeria for decades,more political posturing just to make themselves look good.
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by badmrkt(m): 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2011
BAD BELLE PPL,ESPECIALY D ABOKIS, MEK UNA GO SELL ONIONS BUILD RAIL, ALL SAY SOUTH SOUTH, tongue tongue grin cheesy
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Johndoe100(m): 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2011
kabukabu:

Its all hype grin grin

There hasn't been functioning rail in Nigeria for decades,more political posturing just to make themselves look good.

As usual, speaking from the azzhole is bad. There are functioning rail lines and passengers use them everyday.
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by lillyveezy: 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2011
let the rail be built 1st b/4 we start dragging who will use it & who is cut off by the scheme. naija ppl too get bad mouth.
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Theblessed(f): 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2011
[size=16pt]A welcome good idea!

Will put life in these dead-end areas/locations that many have deserted

and abandoned for the cities.  Let's hope it gets done!  

Cheers!
[/size]
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Ournaija: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2011
These leaders are talking as if they smoked overdose of weed. Instead of integrating commerce in the region, putting good infrastructures in place and ensuring that poverty is reduced, they are there talking of a railway project that will never see the light of the day from Lagos to Calabar, as if Lagos is Haven. If they cherish Lagos so much, why not create another Lagos in the SS with so much fund generated in the area. Fooolss
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by JUO(m): 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2011
Why dont they build rail lines to connect all the states within he south south to promote trade and bix in the non oil sector and tourism within the south south instead of rail line to Lagos?
What  strategic benefit does SS stand to gain from this rail project to Lagos?

this is what we will get

Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by kabukabu(m): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
Johndoe100:

As usual, speaking from the azzhole is bad. There are functioning rail lines and passengers use them everyday.

Speaking for the govt-hype machine is worse, didlo head. grin

Can you elaborate on any 100% working rail lines that you have used.?
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2011
Aba is already connected by rail to PH. What we need is a good rail network in the South East states and before you say "Okoro" we have a smooth sail rail to Lasgidi & Festac state!
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Princek12(m): 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2011
which kind of energy will power this rail? Coal or electricity? Abi na solar? My people, make una tell me oooo!
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by PointB: 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2011
Okoro2015:

Aba is already connected by rail to PH. What we need is a good rail network in the South East states and before you say "Okoro" we have a smooth sail rail to Lasgidi & Festac state!

Wicked!  grin
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Jettage: 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2011
GOOD TALKERS, BAD PERFORMERS. they have been planning to fix Nepa, to mend "Ore" Road and so many rubbish said by politrician, who cares, they

are abandoning the reconstruction of Ore road to build a rail. Liars.

That will come when most Nigerians are dead and gone,

who cares.
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Theblessed(f): 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2011
Ournaija:

These leaders are talking as if they smoked overdose of weed. Instead of integrating commerce in the region, putting good infrastructures in place and ensuring that poverty is reduced, they are there talking of a railway project that will never see the light of the day from Lagos to Calabar, as if Lagos is Haven. If they cherish Lagos so much, why not create another Lagos in the SS with so much fund generated in the area. Fooolss

[b][size=16pt]That's the issue! 

To me, Lagos is like a foam sponge - it soaks up every resources, to tinniest drop of it yet, i no dey show for im body. cool cool

Lagos has been soaking up National resources since Slave Trade (1400's) yet, some part still look like Aba if not worse.  No disrespect here, in comparison, Aba is only a baby with teething problems that can be fixed quickly if Enyimba people could work together as a team. 

Please, let's reduce the level of investments being poured into Lagos rather, concentrate on other cities that contributes also, to the growth/development of Nigerian. 

You see, Lagos has had it's time.  The day the Federal Government moved out of Lagos to Abuja, that's when Lagos lost it's glamour therefore, give the young a chance to grow their full potential - that's what I say.

It's time Nigeria stop this madness about Lagos, enough money wasted in a city that's already developed it's potential, and if some say she hadn't - what is she waiting for, all these years? undecided undecided undecided

If in doubt, now check these dates when LAGOS first hit HISTORY book:

[list]
[li]The Potugese first visited 1472[/li]
[li]The British colonised 1861[/li]
[li]Lagos became the Federal Capital in 1914[/li][/list]
Tell me, isn't it time to nurture other small towns/cities and let the GRANDMA rest the bones, a bit  grin grin grin

Now, waiting for my critics to throw up all those hates lurking inside, for speaking the truth! Go on, bring it up!!!! wink wink

[/size][/b]
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by PointB: 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^

The Seaport and Airport attracts so many people to Lagos. When Federal Government opens up Calabar port/Onitsha Port, and completes the Enugu International Airport, then things will begin to change. Until then, blame it on the game not the players. grin grin grin grin
Re: South-south To Build Regional Rail Line To Connect Lagos by Princek12(m): 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2011
The Blessed

This Napoleon Complex that you are suffering from is the issue. Why do you think you have to use colored, bold, excessively large fonts to communicate your idea? You think your idea won't come across if you use regular fonts? It is so annoying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Requirements For Certificate Of Occupancy (c Of O) In Oyo State / 33,000ltrs Tanker For Lease (port Harcourt And Environs Only) / Want To Sell Your Solar Panels? We Buy Used Solar Panels. Used/Scapped Batteries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.