Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

GEJ Visited Flood Areas And Promised Relief Efforts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Visited Flood Areas And Promised Relief Efforts (1835 Views)

Adeosun Unfolds Plans And Promised To Fix The Economy / Buhari Visits Chad Tomorrow But Check What El-Rufai Said When GEJ Visited Chad / Where Is Namadi Sambo? Is He Not The Vp Again? Gej Visited Militant Camp As Vp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Visited Flood Areas And Promised Relief Efforts by OAM4J: 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2011
On Friday, I was in Oyo state to perform an on the spot assessment of the floods that ravaged the area and listen to the victims and the State Govt. I directed NEMA to remain in the state and assist with relief efforts. An Inter-Ministerial Committee has been set up to work with the State Govt to come up with a frame work for deploying technology and infrastructure to prevent future reoccurrence for immediate implementation by the FG. Again I commiserate with the victims. GEJ
https://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck
Re: GEJ Visited Flood Areas And Promised Relief Efforts by PurestBoy(m): 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2011
Badluck should stop promising and swoop into action, what a mumucious president we have, shhior
Re: GEJ Visited Flood Areas And Promised Relief Efforts by tushutt(m): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2011
PurestBoy:

Badluck should stop promising and swoop into action, what a mumucious president we have, shhior
a topic is waiting for your highly un-mumucious opinion please!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-751764.0.html
Re: GEJ Visited Flood Areas And Promised Relief Efforts by Jeezy: 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2011
Na only promise this guy dey promise, i don dey lose track of these promises o. I don tire ooooo undecided undecided undecided
Re: GEJ Visited Flood Areas And Promised Relief Efforts by johnie: 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2011
The President was at Alpha Beach and "promised" to do something about the coastal erosion. Before he came, a minister and the head of the ecological fund had been there separetely.

As I type this, nothing has been done. As a matter of fact, the coastal road in the area has been wiped out and some residents displaced. Mr. President should stop making these promises if he cannot deliver on them!

That is not to absolve the state government of any blame though. They have started playing politics with the matter by claiming that only the FG can solve the problem when they are not even doing what is within their authority.

The state commissioner for the waterfront had visited a number of times and in fact a promised was extracted from him some months back that something would done about the shipwrecks and coastal erosion.

What the state government has now resorted to is to claim that solution lies with the FG. Meanwhile, a major catalyst for the problem is the menace of sand sellers/block makers who illegally dis sand/make concrete blocks along the beach front. What has the state govenment done about that?

Where are those green-uniformed men/women who arrest those who cross the expressway? Can't they be drafted to rid the beaches of these people?
Re: GEJ Visited Flood Areas And Promised Relief Efforts by yungeorge(m): 11:55pm On Sep 05, 2011
i kip asking this question whenever i heard of any blast or unrest in the country, that do we really have a president in this country?

(1) (Reply)

Mallam Elrufai Attacks Reno Omokri / Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages / South Africans Are Big Cowards!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.