Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs (14779 Views)

'Tinubu Has Elevated Blame Game To The Next Level' - Atiku's Camp To Onanuga / NLC To Onanuga: An Overzealous Hireling Trying To Gain His Principal's Confidenc / South-East Senators Won Election But Allowed Tinubu To Suffer Defeat- Afegbua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by okoroemeka(m): 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
Pityoobi:
Arise are practising blackmail and espionage. No be by force na, Obi himself have abandoned the media for Town meeting bulubla.

Meanwhile, Why are Igbos in the back waters of Nigeria politic. It was far easier for an Ijaw man to become president than an Igbo man why?

Igbos, are only where they are because of their greed and indiscretion of promoting Biafra over Nigeria and not aligning proper with other region because of perceived pride and superiority which have left them short.

1. First President in Nigeria was an Igbo man Nnamdi Azikiwe
2. First Senate President was an Igbo man Infact 90% of Nigeria former Senate Presidents were Igbos.
3. First Military head of state was an Igbo man Aguyi Ironsi
4. First Nigeria’s Vice President was also an Igbo man. Alex Ekwueme Many years before Yemi Osinbajo
5. First Military Coup in Nigeria was by the Igbos
6. First and only civil war was also by the Igbos.

What went wrong with the Igbos? These are the questions they should ask themselves and not try to take over Nigeria by using Obi as smokescreen while insulting everybody and picking Tinubu as there enemy for no reason.

Yorubas were never relevant in Nigeria politics for more than 40 yrs after independence. Only OBJ managed to become a military head of state by providence when Murtala was killed.

Infact it’s only in the fourth Republic we got the position of President, Vice President and Senate President in any democratic set up since independence. Meanwhile Igbos have held this position decades before now.

the why in your post requires you to go back in history to get the answers from the aftermath of the first coup,the genocide in the north and in the military of Igbo officers,the aburi Accord,the hunger policy as a weapon,the 20 pounds policy and many more,the average Igbo man or woman does not know anything about that coup why kill almost 30,000 innocent men,women and children in cold blood and expect they will not defend themselves,all this are why they stopped teaching history in schools so people like you will not know the truth

1 Like

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by uba1991: 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2023
Gbaebesky:
Spying is very wrong
they are not spying, they were doing their job of the media. A presidential candidate don't want live streaming events? Something is really wrong.
What is Tinubu hiding? Is he going to rule the country in hiding?
I swear to God, on fools will vote for Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
LegacyB:

Well your opinion and you are entitled to it. To be candid it’s even a shame voting any of the three Atiku, Tinubu or Obi . They are all of the old order who as lead us to this point.But if we have to pick one ,I think Tinubu is the best leaving out any bias or Sentiments. I could enumerate strong point to support my assertion but I understand people already have their mind set on who to vote so it won’t be necessary.

Outside the routine rhetorics and assertions of Tinubu "building Lagos", evidences for which we have clearly and consistently sought but never provided in comprehensive details, kindly enumerate these your "strong points" that have given you such a firm conviction about Tinubu being the best of the three.

It is important to reiterate once again, that I am on the list of undecided Nigerians with a PVC, because I am still strongly considering all the viable alternatives before the elections come.
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Gohs: 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
Peter Obi is the best man for president cheesy grin

Vote Labour Party grin
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by uba1991: 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2023
plaindealer:
It was a private event, the rest of the media respected the rules and coverage guidelines so why was it so hard for Arise to respect and obey the rules and guidelines.?

How hard is it to obey simple rules of engagement?

They wail, cry and yell that they want a better Nigeria, but their actions are always undemocratic, lawless, crude and anti social.

This is really sad..

do you even know the event? Calling that event a private event shows how foolish some people can go because of crumbs. Atiku was there, Peter Obi was there nobody haras the media until this old fool go for his turn.

1 Like

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Dot101: 8:15pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kajaard:

Was it not a public event?

Are all news stations not allowed at public events?

Not without clearance and accreditation by saddled agencies.

2 Likes

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by CheapHomes1: 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2023
mickeyenglish:
Were you given a pass/clearance to cover the event?! I also once worked in a media house as a TV Producer.. Without an official invitation, you simply maintain you lane.. To even think that your media house and its owner is at loggerhead with Tinubu and his team should have prompted courtesy and professionalism from your part.. You don't insult a man and expected to be treated to a buffet at his table..

Post No Bill

Who organized the event? Was it a Tinubu organisdd event?
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by CheapHomes1: 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2023
Dot101:

Not without clearance and accreditation by saddled agencies.

Which agencies? Can you name them?
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Thedon22: 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2023
Why is Arise tv behaving like James Bond. Doing things by force. Is it by force to cover Tinubu? Why not leave him alone if he doesn't want you to give him free coverage? Why not go and cover other events?

2 Likes

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by CheapHomes1: 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2023
plaindealer:
It was a private event, the rest of the media respected the rules and coverage guidelines so why was it so hard for Arise to respect and obey the rules and guidelines.?

How hard is it to obey simple rules of engagement?

They wail, cry and yell that they want a better Nigeria, but their actions are always undemocratic, lawless, crude and anti social.

This is really sad..

Who was the organiser of the event? How was it a "private event"?
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Immatex(m): 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
JoshTim:

https://www.nairaland.com/2281798/opinion-code-ethics-nigerian-journalists

Read 10 and 3

You are not serious at all.

So you didn't see Public Interest in your Code of Conduct? Was that even a family meeting?

You APC people should have some shame and decorum!
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by JoshTim: 8:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
Immatex:

You are not serious at all.

So you didn't see Public Interest in your Code of Conduct? Was that even a family meeting?

You APC people should have some shame and decorum!

Your head no correct, under what condition?
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by LegacyB: 8:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
Buddha3:

Outside the routine rhetorics and assertions of Tinubu "building Lagos", evidences for which we have clearly and consistently sought but never provided in comprehensive details, kindly enumerate these your "strong points" that have given you such a firm conviction about Tinubu being the best of the three.

It is important to reiterate once again, that I am on the list of undecided Nigerians with a PVC, because I am still strongly considering all the viable alternatives before the elections come.

Brother a lot can be stated but to what end like i said earlier. Since you’re undecided I can only implore you to get more inform probably by their manifestos or past records am not an APC member or paid staff of theirs to start reeling out anything more online. Vote your choice at the end . All we want is a better Nigeria. Best of luck on your choice when you conclude.

3 Likes

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by 1Dray(m): 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
Aufbauh:
AriseTV Is it by force to cover someone's activities?

For someone that is seeking to be the president of Nigeria, it's by force. If he's seeking to be president of his family, it's not by force. We all know why they don't want to stream it live. Isn't it obvious that Tinubu group plans to edit the video given the usual gaffes. Streaming and showing the event live will get people hear the gaffes raw..
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Immatex(m): 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
JoshTim:

Your head no correct, under what condition?

You are mad but have no one to tell you and help you, idiot.
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by uba1991: 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
JoshTim:

Oga, this is an inhouse event.....you don't even the law you are quoting. Permission needs to be taken to cover inhouse events.
Are you Normal? You called economy summit an in house event? Was Atiku not there? Was Peter Obi not also invited? How Foolish are you guys. An election event, you called it in house event?
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Babaisha: 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
LegendHero:

Other media organizations are there but Tinubu just don’t want anything to do with Arise TV. So why are they illegally trying to cover his activities?

Arise TV act as opposition party to Tinubu, so Tinubu is treating them as such considering the fact that their owner is pro-PDP.

What do you mean by Tinubu do not want anything to do with AriseTv, was the NESG event a Tinubu sponsored event.
Tinubu was invited to share his manifesto and plans with the business community.
It is the organizers that should frown at any media station if there is need for that.
When Atiku and Peter Obi did their presentation with NESG, did they stop TVC from covering it. Now, we all understand the issue was that AriseTv wanted to air the NESG program live which will not give Tinubu's media handlers time to negotiate with them to edit off his many gaffes.

Tinubu will be Buhari Pro-max if elected.

We will only be hearing Presidency said without hearing from the President.

Young men and women that should know better are working blind into another era of tyranny and economic suffocation.

1 Like

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by dominic17: 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2023
What is Tinubu and APC hiding that they are afraid of livestream for someone that wants to lead entire nation? Nigerians be warned the evidence is very clear.
Aufbauh:
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by DriveByKiller: 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
plaindealer:

Were you invited?
so if I wasn't invited, it means it's private? So why were other TV houses invited?

I know you have to eat by defending silly decisions but remember you self-worth.

30k na still akara money.
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by jojothaiv(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
There's always two side to a story maybe threee:

1. Bayo's side
2. AriseTV's side
3. The truth side

1 Like

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2023
LegacyB:

Brother a lot can be stated but to what end like a said earlier. Since you’re undecided I can only implore you to get more inform probably by their manifestos or past records am not an APC member or paid staff of theirs to start reeling out anything more online. Vote your choice at the end . All we want is a better Nigeria. Best of luck on your choice when you conclude.

I believe you when you say you're neither an APC member nor a paid staff of theirs. You've been very civil with your responses, a trait all nairaland Tinubu/APC enthusiasts disappointingly lack.

I like closure in everything I find worth doing. So I'll take your advice and do more information mining in the days ahead. We as a people desperately need to make the right choice this time, else we may not survive the implosion of another mistake. I may subsequently have the resources to abandon the country with my immediate family, but what happens to my siblings and relatives, in the case we jump from the proverbial frying pan to the scorching fire flames?!

1 Like

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by JoshTim: 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2023
uba1991:
Are you Normal? You called economy summit an in house event? Was Atiku not there? Was Peter Obi not also invited? How Foolish are you guys. An election event, you called it in house event?

You are misinformed....you need to slap yourself severallly that you are mad.

Economic submit You are a slowpoke. Spit.
https://www.nairaland.com/7524245/bayo-onanuga-arisetv-tried-stream

1 Like

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by LegacyB: 8:43pm On Jan 14, 2023
Buddha3:

I believe you when you say you're neither an APC member nor a paid staff of theirs. You've been very civil with your responses, a trait all nairaland Tinubu/APC enthusiasts disappointingly lack.

I like closure in everything I find worth doing. So I'll take your advice and do more information mining in the days ahead. We as a people desperately need to make the right choice this time, else we may not survive the implosion of another mistake. I may subsequently have the resources to abandon the country with my immediate family, but what happens to my siblings and relatives, in the case we jump from the proverbial frying pan to the scorching fire flames?!

Well funny. Many supporters ,no candidate exempted might just be acting on emotions, sentiments or even limited information available to them . It’s better to look beyond the surface of sweet words . Nigeria would not change overnight anyone promising that is creating a mirage. We need systems and processes.

1 Like

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by uba1991: 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2023
emkz:
Was Arise accredited for a live coverage?

I have been following Nigerian broadcast media right from when I was a child. It was partly inspired by NTA network news from the days of Cyril Stober, Tokunbo Ajayi, Eugenia Abu, John Momoh, Aisha Bello (Katung), Fatima Abbass Hassan, Livi Ajunoma, Kalu Otisi, Ruth Benamasia Opia and Frank Olize. Then came Channels, AIT, ITV and early 2000s, Silverbird. We also had MiTV, Galaxy and LTV.

Never in my life has any broadcast media has been as controversial as Arise! They are in the news instead of reporting the news. Only Arise is fighting Wike and Bola Tinubu. Only Arise journalists make it to the news for unprofessionalism and telling lies.

How come Channels is not involved in all these controversies? You were transmitting an event you were not accredited to and instead of apologizing, you are explaining it away.

It is because Arise has controversial editorial policies that their former MD resigned.

The station may not last.
instead of writing like a fool why not go and read the news. The director of arise news was accredited.
The event was organised by economic summit and they have already approved the media.
Remember, Atiku was the first to attend that summit, there was no problems. Infact, I watched Atiku own live in my house on Arise Tv.
Peter Obi also went for the same summit there was no problems
Why is Tinubu having issue with the media.
What is Tinubu hiding?
The signs are there for everyone to see but some people will still foolishly vote for Tinubu because of religion.
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by FreeStuffsNG: 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
Aufbauh:

grin

1 Like

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by uba1991: 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
ShaqFu:
Men the nerve of this Arise TV crew. How hard can it be before they get it through their thick skull that the event wasn't meant to be streamed live, yet they wanted to stream it live.

It's good they were kicked out. I host an event and I say I don't want it streamed live, you came with your crew and start talking gibberish about having a responsibility to stream live to your viewers. What nonsense and narrow mindedness.
who host the event? Some of you are damp stupid I swear.
The event is not Tinubu event, it is an event organise by the the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) . The NESG has already accredited arise news for the cover.
ATIKU was there
Peter Obi was there
So what is Tinubu hiding?
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by uba1991: 8:57pm On Jan 14, 2023
Minjim:
Where they have permission to
yes. NESG has given them permission. The event was not organise by Tinubu. It was an economic summit, and the economic summit group has already approved arise for their coverage.
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by BabaO2: 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2023
AriseTV is seriously abandoned, looking for the "real deal " The incoming president of The Federal Republic of Nigeria to sell their quack outfit.

2 Likes

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Vic74real: 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2023
To be recorded,and shown later.So that you people can edit and deodorize Tinubu's gaffs.Its a pity .What are u people hiding? Tinubu has bought all of Lagos media but he still won't win
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by ShaqFu: 9:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
uba1991:
who host the event? Some of you are damp stupid I swear.
The event is not Tinubu event, it is an event organise by the the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) . The NESG has already accredited arise news for the cover.
ATIKU was there
Peter Obi was there
So what is Tinubu hiding?
Did you and your more than foolish self read what I said. Did I say the event was hosted by Tinubu?

You came rushing to prove a point that is more useless than you and your impoverished existence, only for you to sound more foolish than you and your entire lineage of useless fellows. God forsaken dweeb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by wirinet(m): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
adeola1097:
Imagine saying It was meant to be recorded and posted later, So their photoshop experts can edit all the gaffes out.
The electorates are wiser now and 2023 would prove a lot of doubters wrong.

How this statement makes sense to a sane human being is beyond me.

Bayo Onanuga: For clarity, the Tinubu-Shettima campaign is not against Arise TV covering its events. The Lagos NESG dialogue was not meant for TV live coverage. It was to be recorded and shown later. Other TV houses did not breach the rule, except Arise News. And it was done by stealth. Why?

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Masterclass32: 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2023
Jagaban hates live coverage for obvious reasons.

"Gazelle gagaraga" comes to mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan / Dapchi Abduction: Stop Your Crocodile Tears, PDP Tells FG, APC / Asukwo Archibong Retrieves Empowerment Car From Constituent In Akwa Ibom. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.