Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,631 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:16 AM

Manchester City To Probe 'offensive Email From Garry Cook' To Onuoha - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City To Probe 'offensive Email From Garry Cook' To Onuoha (730 Views)

Ronaldo Backing Manchester United To Beat City To Premier League Title / Breaking News!kevin Davies & Garry Cahill Of Bolton F.c Makes It 2 England Squad / **Breaking News- Man City To Sack Mark Hughes Today !*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City To Probe 'offensive Email From Garry Cook' To Onuoha by aloyemeka2: 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2011
[size=14pt]Nedum Onuoha’s mum devastated by vile email
By SHAUN CUSTIS
[/size]

THE cancer-stricken mother of Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha has been left 'humiliated and devastated' following a callous e-mail she believes was sent by the club's chief executive, Garry Cook.
Dr Anthonia Onuoha, who acts as Nedum's agent, last night sent official letters of complaint to the FA and Premier League about the e-mail she received during her year-long fight against cancer.

Cook has denied sending the message, explaining his e-mail system was broken into and a full internal inquiry has been launched at City to find the culprit.

The offensive e-mail emerged after Dr Anthonia wrote to City's football administrator, Brian Marwood, about a contract dispute her son was having with the club.

In October last year she e-mailed Marwood explaining that, while her body might be "ravaged with cancer and ongoing chemotherapy" she still had her wits about her to argue Nedum's case.

Two weeks later Dr Anthonia received an e-mail — which appeared to be from Cook and was meant for Marwood — but was instead sent to her.

The e-mail was addressed 'Brian' then said: "Ravaged with it!!, I don't now how you sleep at night. You used to be such a nice man when I worked with you at nike (sic)."

A devastated Dr Anthonia replied to Cook the following day saying: "Thanks very much for your insightful e-mail."

Cook responded, saying he hadn't sent the offending e-mail and that his e-mail account had been hacked while he was on holiday in South Africa for 10 days.

He insisted that, following an internal investigation, he had learned a member of his staff had sent the e-mail to Marwood as a joke.

He told Dr Anthonia: "I cannot and will not condone this unacceptable behaviour. I can confirm Brian did not receive this e-mail and disciplinary action is currently underway regarding one of our employees."

Cook also apologised for "any hurt or embarrassment this may have caused".

Dr Anthonia said: "When I opened up my e-mails and saw the message, it was the worst day of my life, even worse than being diagnosed with cancer.

"I couldn't understand how anybody could behave like that. I just cried and cried for hours.

"I'm critically ill and at that point I was undergoing chemotherapy. I was just so shocked but I couldn't tell Nedum or any of my family because I didn't know how they would react.

"It's incredible that any human being would write this. It's unforgivable and I still cannot believe it.

"When Cook replied to me, he said that he was confused, that he'd been away on holiday in South Africa and that somebody had hacked into his e-mail account and that whoever sent the e-mail to Brian Marwood meant it as a practical joke.

"It was all very stressful at the time, in fact it still is.

"The illness I have is very stressful, I'm having chemotherapy and radiotherapy, including having radiotherapy on my brain and this year has been traumatic. I didn't want anybody adding to my stress but that is what they've done.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3794394/Nedum-Onuohas-mum-devastated-by-vile-email.html

(1) (Reply)

Where's The Ac Milan Thread? / Desperate Measures In Chelsea / A Thread For Barcelona Fans: Where Do We Go From Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.