Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? (17986 Views)

How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men / Lady Reunites With Her Twin Brother After They Were Separated At A Young Age / 81-year-old Man Remarries 70-year-old Wife, 32 Years After They Separated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Magnoliaa(f): 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
I will keep saying it. Each time I read some of your responses, that's what comes to mind.

Thou, Magnolia, art a lawyer. Color this place with your thoughts. It's why I logged in today. grin

And yes, you did encounter the vulcanizer on that thread.

You say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? grin grin

LMAO.

You logged in because of my comments?

Awwnn.
Awwnnn.
Awwwnnnnn.

M blorshing.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Exceed15: 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2023
Naira20:
If it's up to you alone, Avoid it.
Except there's a clear Divine instruction or she hates living that life.

Most times, it affects them negatively and they'd take it out on you.

Be wise

U r right bro
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2023
pleasureosondu:
1. You can't give what you don't have. There's are reasons why parents are considered as a child's best teacher. You're definitely not a parent,so you won't understand.
2. Life has stages. The experiences and challenges you currently have, you never had them 10 years and more are incoming as you grow older. If you don't address your current issues, you can't move forward to the next stage. Marriage is a stage for those who are prepared, not for some Hot folk.
1. If you don't have it, what stops you from acquiring it if it is important for you to give it? Are you broken in the head that you can't learn or acquire this thing you want so much to give? Even a madman or woman can make a good parent to her child as she tries her best so why can't you? undecided

2. You are not making any sense. People overcome even the worst situations in life so why are you here giving us nothing but excuses for why you should not be expected to do the same simply because of a past that many of us probably had worse than you did? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2023
pleasureosondu:
■The saying "Once bitten, twice shy" isn't an irrational statement but factual and only a few wise individuals can see through it.
■I'd have expected you to have debunked my statements with fact since you already admitted that I may have been a victim. So, Tell us why we shouldn't be careful with a girl from a seperated home since she's mostly likely, not gonna have the necessary qualities needed to keep a marriage which makes her vulnerable to walk away from a marriage if there's crisis as is the norm today. After all, that's what her parents did. So, debunk that statement with facts.
1. That saying actually implies that experience is a great teacher as far as wisdom is concerned. That saying does not mean you are to let your experiences decide your future for you. Your experiences are instead meant to help you make wiser choices and decisions in life. undecided

2. Debunk statements made of what seems anxiety in your life? Victims have been known to go on to overcome their pasts, and in great ways too. The world is filled with people who have done exactly that. That a man was raised by a drunk as a father does not mean he too will end up a drunk. That a woman was raised by a mother who had to prostitute herself in order to feed her kids does not mean the same kids will turn tricks for a living. That is a fact of life we live in. You on the other hand seem to think that your personal delusions chart the way for all and that is your major problem to deal with. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Exceed15: 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2023
Romanoff:

People like you are the reason women like Osinachi die in abusive marriages.

That woman stayed and also damaged her kids in the process. Her husband made her children also beat her. You think those children will still be normal?

It will take the grace of God for her son's to not be wife beaters.

It's easy to spew things like this when you've never experienced the situation or had people who have.

It's best to choose life and peace of mind over what people like you will say or think about them or their children.

Shut up jare...Were you there when she made the children beat their mother? Is it even rational ..una too dey add salt to pepper..Osinachi autopsy says otherwise by national hospital. Only God knows what's hidden.
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Exceed15: 4:55pm On Jan 18, 2023
CHoccolaTE:

Honestly, the mindset of males on this forum makes me pity Nigerian women. These are the men they are married or have to tolerate at the office, compound etc.

I wish I can stand my ground when arguing with them but I have a short temper and I am likely to start using rude words when they spout nonsense, which always ruins the debate.

Make una dey deceive una self there.
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Exceed15: 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2023
Emaprince:
Very very risky to marry a girl raised by a single mother.

Most girls raised by single mum tend to be wayward cos their is no male presence in their life to call them to order. Some of them will end up being too bitter and hate men because their mom already poisoned their hearts.

I dont blame people who divorced for whatever reason. Its their choice. But I can't advice any man to marry a woman raised by a single mum.

Be wise!!!

He who ears let him hear
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Romanoff(f): 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2023
Exceed15:

Shut up jare...Were you there when she made the children beat their mother? Is it even rational ..una too dey add salt to pepper..Osinachi autopsy says otherwise by national hospital. Only God knows what's hidden.

Are you daft or you didn't read in the news where it was reported that her kids said so?

You better be kind before such a fate befalls you or someone close to you.

Insult me again and watch me give you the home training you lacked in your two parent household.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by deebrownneymar: 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2023
pleasureosondu:
I pray you meet the good ones but if you're outta luck, you go see shege

I guess you don’t understand my statement. Why didn’t it also ask whether one should marry a man from a broken home

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Exceed15: 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2023
Romanoff:

Are you daft or you don't read I'm the news where it was reported that her kids said so?

You better be kind before such a fate befalls you or someone close to you.

Insult me again and watch me give you the home training you lacked in your two parent household.

Oh na so e dey pinch .
Obviously you have symptoms of bitterness. It's glaring in your outburst. I pity the man in your life.
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Romanoff(f): 5:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
Exceed15:

Oh na so e dey pinch .
Obviously you have symptoms of bitterness. It's glaring in your outburst. I pity the man in your life.

You are the one with attributes of a wife beater.

I pity any woman who is married to you or who will marry you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Exceed15: 5:09pm On Jan 18, 2023
Romanoff:

You are the one with attributes of a wife beater.

I pity any woman who is married to you or who will marry you.

I m happily married with two kids.
Na u go find ur bearing.... Useless frustrated derailed specie . I pity the man in your life.. na like ds u go dey insult am... Oniranu .. ko shi kuro... Tuehhh God forbid bad thing.
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by millstone(m): 5:09pm On Jan 18, 2023
Aklee4994:
off the mic � bruh � you’re a YOGA MAN

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Romanoff(f): 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2023
Exceed15:

I m happily married with two kids.
Na u go find ur bearing.... Useless frustrated derailed specie . I pity the man in your life.. na like ds u go dey insult am... Oniranu .. ko shi kuro... Tuehhh God forbid bad thing.

I pity that woman. She never see husband o. She no just know yet.

grin

I pray for your son(s), may they be more kind than you are and may they never be wife beaters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Exceed15: 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2023
Romanoff:

I pity that woman. She never see husband o. She no just know yet.

grin

I pray for your son(s), may they be more kind than you are and may they never be wife beaters.

I showed my wife this and we dey laugh u together ...madam Abi old cargo go look for a man u can molest with ur toxic character..
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Romanoff(f): 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2023
Exceed15:

I showed my wife this and we dey laugh u together ...madam Abi old cargo go look for a man u can molest with ur toxic character..

Yinmu.

You showed your wife.

Rotfl.

4 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Exceed15: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2023
Romanoff:

Yinmu.

You showed your wife.

Rotfl.

Looooooooool....
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pleasureosondu(m): 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. That saying actually implies that experience is a great teacher as far as wisdom is concerned. That saying does not mean you are to let your experiences decide your future for you. They are meant to help you make wiser choices and decisions in life. undecided

2. Debunk statements made of what seems anxiety in your life? Victims go over to overcome their pasts, and in great ways too. The world is filled with people who have done exactly that. That a man was raised by a drunk as a father does not mean he too will end up a drunk. That a woman was raised by a mother who had to prostitute herself in order to feed her kids does not mean the same kids will turn tricks for a living. That is a fact of life we live in. You on the other hand seem to think that your personal delusions chart the way for all and that is your major problem to deal with. undecided
Understand statements before making arguements. I said, with no pun intended, Ladies from seperated homes lack certain basic qualities that helps in building a marriage. A child from a prostitute mom may or may not engage in adulthood but that child will definitely lack basic qualities that strengthens marriage even if she/he is not a prostitute. Those kids could be billionaires but they lack basic home training. This is the basics of my argument, so debunk it. Simple.
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by oloriooko(m): 5:31pm On Jan 18, 2023
So for your holier than thou mind she's bad marriage material abi
Even orphans de marry
You're such a bitter racist walahi

Exceed15:

Go marry her , u go hear am. Love isn't enough. Ask questions why they are separated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pleasureosondu(m): 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2023
deebrownneymar:

I guess you don’t understand my statement. Why didn’t it also ask whether one should marry a man from a broken home
it's both ways but men manage the quality deficiencies they have, women tend to ignore theirs.
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Aklee4994(m): 6:02pm On Jan 18, 2023
[quote author=millstone post=120158379][/quote]Weed will indulge you from so weirdness as a guy sometimes

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Jan 18, 2023
pleasureosondu:
■Understand statements before making arguements. I said, with no pun intended, Ladies from seperated homes lack certain basic qualities that helps in building a marriage. A child from a prostitute mom may or may not engage in adulthood but that child will definitely lack basic qualities that strengthens marriage even if she/he is not a prostitute. Those kids could be billionaires but they lack basic home training. This is the basics of my argument, so debunk it. Simple.
1. Here's the reality of life. What your parents don't give you, you can always get for yourself this since you have the ability to learn throughout your life, even if on your own. And that ability to learn remains with you until your death. So, that idea you cling to is born of ignorance on your own part. undecided

There are many people out there who didn't have parents growing up but today sit as advisors and trainers to help teach many who grew up with parents what they need to succeed as individuals in life. Stop fooling yourself by clinging to what are archaic ideas that are not founded on reality, and start seeing reality as it presents itself to you each day. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by mylove4God(f): 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2023
pleasureosondu:
Agreed but if we go this way, the point of this thread will be diverted. So, let's stay on the topic which is, it's quite difficult to wife a lady from a separated home. The challenges they created is completely different and tougher from ladies that has both parents living together.
The opinion I aired is still within the thread. A man who decide to marry a lady because she is not from a seperated family, will not prevent their union from breaking if they don't put effort into it.

3 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pleasureosondu(m): 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Here's the reality of life. What your parents don't give you, you can always get for yourself this since you have the ability to learn throughout your life, even if on your own. And that ability to learn remains with you until your death. So, that idea you cling to is born of ignorance on your own part. undecided

There are many people out there who didn't have parents growing up but today sit as advisors and trainers to help teach many who grew up with parents what they need to succeed as individuals in life. Stop fooling yourself by clinging to what are archaic ideas that are not founded on reality, and start seeing reality as it presents itself to you each day. undecided
And you think it's easy as you pointed out? If it was, then it will reflect in the number of divorce we see around but no, people don't want to learn and boom, they opt for divorce.

Even to learn something new requires humility. Ask yourself, how many of these ladies from seperated homes are humble, ready to learn? Guys from such homes are more open to learn than the ladies. The facts are there.

See, I specifically mentioned a societal cliche- ladies from seperated homes. No other category falls under them such as kids who lose a parent. It's a different case cos these kids(now adults) know that that parent isn't coming back, so it's easier to move on. Not when you Know you're parents are alive but seperated for reasons that isn't your fault. It a mental torment, my friend.

We may not agree on points but make sure your replies is devoid of insults and we can a meaning convo
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Gadafii: 7:16pm On Jan 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Except for a few of them like Gadafii that are perenially irredeemable, lmao.

A national treasure that should be preserved and protected at all costs. grin grin
I live rent free in your head right, aww

You will be fine cheesy
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by millstone(m): 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
Aklee4994:
Weed will indulge you from so weirdness as a guy sometimes
True man
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pleasureosondu(m): 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2023
mylove4God:

The opinion I aired is still within the thread. A man who decide to marry a lady because she is not from a seperated family, will not prevent their union from breaking if they don't put effort into it.
At the bolded is key to a successful marriage but the issue is, can you put effort in something you don't value? Since divorce is the easy way out of marriage, how do kids know that marriage is important since they saw their parents terminate theirs? Most of these kids learn to hate one of the parents and they harbor same mindset into the marriage, especially the ladies. Like I stated earlier, it's more challenging wifing a lady from a seperated home. Exceptions are few.

Now, more importantly, the absence of one parent always deprives the kids to develop balanced qualities that helps them in the later stages of the lives. This deficiency truly manifest itself when they get married. Ladies are the most affected especially if they didn't live with their dad. You can do a research.

Guys ain't really affected cos you tend to realize that you're a mess needing repairs earlier than the ladies, so you try to fix yourself but the ladies don't even realize how damaged they are and will rather end the marriage than fix themselves up. We see this often here on Nairaland front-page, talk more about other sites as ladies are the front-runners in the divorce industry.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2023
Gadafii:
I live rent free in your head right, aww

You will be fine cheesy

Yes.

With pansophist, AfroKnight, Lilvicky68 and 99 others.

So I wouldn't feel too special if I were you. grin

5 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Jan 18, 2023
pleasureosondu:
And you think it's easy as you pointed out? If it was, then it will reflect in the number of divorce we see around but no, people don't want to learn and boom, they opt for divorce.
■ Even to learn something new requires humility. Ask yourself, how many of these ladies from seperated homes are humble, ready to learn? Guys from such homes are more open to learn than the ladies. The facts are there.
■ See, I specifically mentioned a societal cliche- ladies from seperated homes. No other category falls under them such as kids who lose a parent. It's a different case cos these kids(now adults) know that that parent isn't coming back, so it's easier to move on. Not when you Know you're parents are alive but seperated for reasons that isn't your fault. It a mental torment, my friend. We may not agree on points but make sure your replies is devoid of insults and we can a meaning convo
1. It is actually attainable. I have seen people from damaged backgrounds turn out to be better people than even those from non-damaged backgrounds. Your background means nothing unless you want it to be. undecided

The number of divorces has absolutely nothing to do with the background of people. In life, you make choices based on what you have at that point. If Osinachi had chosen to divorce her husband while she was alive, it would not have changed the facts of her background but instead revealed she had finally wised up to the fact that she as a human being deserved better than to live as a punching bag to another human. Sadly, she foolishly held on and is food for worms today. undecided

2. You are silly! You think they are meant to learn from you, isn't it? The moment you believe it is your place to teach another adult how to live, that is the moment you reveal you are nothing but a fool uou Learning has nothing to do with the kind of foolish humility you attempt to assert here. Learning is easy. Pick up a book on the subject and practice. That is all it takes these days! undecided

3. What I state here applies as far to every human being out there regardless of background or past. Every one of us, regardless of our pasts and what we have had to endure, can change for the better. So you singling out a specific group for your baseless attacks only reveals that you are yourself disconnected from reality as it is. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by BRATISLAVA: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

You say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? grin grin

LMAO.

You logged in because of my comments?

Awwnn.
Awwnnn.
Awwwnnnnn.

M blorshing.

Keep your blorshes in check. tongue Some of your followers enjoy the literature.

2 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pleasureosondu(m): 8:01pm On Jan 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. It is actually attainable. I have seen people from damaged backgrounds turn out to be better people than even those from non-damaged backgrounds. Your background means nothing unless you want it to be. undecided

The number of divorces has absolutely nothing to do with the background of people. In life, you make choices based on what you have at that point. If Osinachi had chosen to divorce her husband while she was alive, it would not have changed the facts of her background but instead revealed she had finally wised up to the fact that she as a human being deserved better than to live as a punching bag to another human. Sadly, she foolishly held on and is food for worms today. undecided

2. You are silly! You think they are meant to learn from you, isn't it? The moment you believe it is your place to teach another adult how to live, that is the moment you reveal you are nothing but a fool[/b]uou Learning has nothing to do with the kind of foolish humility you attempt to assert here. Learning is easy. Pick up a book on the subject and practice. That is all it takes these days! undecided

3. [b]What I state here applies as far to every human being out there regardless of background or past
. Every one of us, regardless of our pasts and what we have had to endure, can change for the better. So you singling out a specific group for your baseless attacks only reveals that you are yourself disconnected from reality as it is. undecided
You see how contradictory and stupid you are. You generalized your view and another can't. Shey you be Osinachi husband to know how she behaved when she was alive ni abi or was she killed for doing nothing You just talk nonsense since. Complete nitwit you are.
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2023
pleasureosondu:
■You see how contradictory and stupid you are. You generalized your view and another can't. ■Shey you be Osinachi husband to know how she behaved when she was alive ni abi or was she killed for doing nothing
■ You just talk nonsense since. Complete nitwit you are.
1. I am afraid you are confused in this. What sets humans apart from animal life is the fact that we are able to change our minds, in order to adapt or improve ourselves. That ability to learn is part of what makes us humans. And since what I stated applies as far as all humans, it isn't a generalization but a fact of our existence. undecided

2. Abuse is a crime, and no matter what a person does, there is never a good enough reason to abuse said person. If at this stage in your life, you have yet to realize this, then, my friend, you need to worry more about yourself than the backgrounds of others. undecided

3. The fact that you have clearly been unable to adequately refute any of what I have posted so far means you know what I have said so far isn't nonsense. Only you rail against it since it counters that which you would rather hold on to, foolishly mind you. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unmarried, Childless Women Are Happiest People Of All, Says Expert / 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy / Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.