Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,545 members, 7,861,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:53 PM

How We Went From Weaponized Poverty To Determination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Went From Weaponized Poverty To Determination (284 Views)

Tinubu 2023: We Went For Nigeria's Peace & Unity, Not Politics - Foluke Daramola / Five "Supercops" Who Went From Hero To Villain Before Abba Kyari / Ikpeazu-led Government Has Weaponized Hunger In Abia – Alex Otti Attack Ikpeazu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Went From Weaponized Poverty To Determination by PrinceofSarcasm: 1:00am On Jan 17, 2023
Poverty when intentional becomes a weapon
During the old Russian empire the dictator Joseph Stalin wanted to show he fellow government workers why keeping people poor is necessary.

One day, the dictator of the Soviet Union told his closest advisors that he would show them how easy it was to control a person that had already been subjugated. He brought in a live chicken, which he then proceeded to pluck until it was naked and bleeding.

“Now, watch where the chicken goes,” Stalin said as he put it on the ground. Finally freed from its torturer’s grasp, the chicken wasted no time getting away. However, when it failed to find an exit, it readily returned to Stalin and attempted to warm itself between the dictator’s legs. Stalin then took out some grain from his pocket, which he fed to the chicken.

The chicken ate the grain despite the pain. When Stalin started to walk around the room, the chicken timidly followed, leaving a small trail of blood wherever it went. “So, you see,” Stalin said to his advisors, smiling. “People are like chickens. You pluck them, and then let them go. Then you can control them.”

Now back to Nigeria. These politicians learned the power of keeping us hungry. grin

They know when they keep us hungry they can make us get up and kill each other for them.
When they keep us hungry they can tell us "oya go and tell them Igbo are the problem I will pay you each 1 million Naira". And you will do it even though you know in your heart it's not true but when you think of how far that one million will go in paying your children's school fees, or paying your house rent , my brother immediately you will act.

How else does a politician make some yoursh get up wear masks and go use machine guns to kill their fellow brother's and sisters in Southern Kaduna? By the time a politician calls some hungry Fulani youths who only earn N500 a day for herding cattle across 4000 kilometres daily that he will pay each of them N500k to go into southern Kaduna in the night to burn a few huts and shoot machine guns into the dark after setting houses on fire he will do it. That funali youth has only known hunger and lack, now showing him that he will money enough to buy him an okakda with which he will use to earn a living trust me he will pick up 5hat ak47 and do it immediately without a seconds thought, this is what poverty can do.

These politicians have realized that the higher they keep the food prices the hungrier the people get and the easier we are to control. How else can they make some youths go into the southeast and Jill people as unknown gun men? Promise them money . Whent hese youths think of how they can feed their mother's and father's and kids with this money then it becomes easy to make them loose their conscience.

Anyone who has driven through bourdullion ikoyi in Lagos would be familiar with the usual sight of hundreds of people standing at Tinubu residence gate . Men and women, elderly and youths too all hoping for a handout.

This was why Tinubu's wife onece said southwest youths are lazy they are always begigng her husband.
These politicians understand the game of using hunger to control the masses. They sit down and try to come up with creative ways to make you hungry and your life difficult, not to improve your QOL (quality of life) no but to ensure you stay domant and controlled. This is why if you notice since End SARS they have doubled their attack on the economy and Yahoo boys.

They realized they allowed the youths earn funds uncontrolled for too long via yahoo and cryptocurrency was the channel of fund movement. They realized as yahoo boys massed wealth uncontrolled it trickled down into the people via hotels night clubs eateries etc. Hence they attacked crypto afterEnd SARS grin It is all a pattern.
The political elite don't want you free from under them, they want you to serve them and their children, as you serve them they want your children to serve their children too. Tinubu wants you all to serve Seyi Tinubu in future too grin

Each time they see you adjust to the hardship they find a creative way to make it harder again or to increase roices somehow. It's all in the script to keep you poorer

This is why Peter Obi scares them. They see someone who genuinely wants to change things and give power back to the common citizens and they don't want this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Went From Weaponized Poverty To Determination by PrinceofSarcasm: 1:05am On Jan 17, 2023
This battle isn't about tribe or religion to them! No! It is about making sure the power never comes back to you

If you truly think it is about religion, why did every single tribe vote for MKO abiola in 1992? Igbos Hausa and Yoruba all voted and protested for him.
.are you Aware it was his own people the Yoruba elders that met with IBB and told him not to give MKO Abiola his mandate?
The Yoruba elders encouraged IBB to annul the elections in 1892 against their own brother ! Just as you have prominent Igbo elders today speaking against Peter Obi.

My brothers and sisters it's never about tribe it's about the political elite now wanting you the common man and woman to be free front heir weapons of hunger they use to control you

Do you think a Yoruba billionaire will allow you marry his daughter or son if you are poor just because you are Yoruba too?

Will Tinubu allow Seyi his son marry a girl that sell age bread under ojuelegba bridge because she is Yoruba ? NEVER!

WILL Orji uzor kalu allow his daughter marry an Igbo trader at Onitsha market who hsutles on the road side because he is Igbo too? NEVER!

Will Atiku allow his daughter marry one of these herdsmen that moves cattle across 4000 kilometres daily trekking through all the bushes because he is Hausa too? NEVER..
Re: How We Went From Weaponized Poverty To Determination by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 17, 2023
Gibberish!

Bunkum and balderdash!

Better channel your energy into writing novels!
Re: How We Went From Weaponized Poverty To Determination by PrinceofSarcasm: 1:09am On Jan 17, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Gibberish!

Bunkum and balderdash!

Better channel your energy into writing novels!

They use the poverty you are going through to control you so your first reaction is to type this grin

If you wer financially libertaed in your life you would never react this way to progress grin

Let me tell you. Tinubu will.never allow you marry any of his children because you are poor like the very Nigerians Peter Obi is trying to liberate.
.but instead he will pay you 2k per day to attack Peter Obi so you remain in his chains for ever
Re: How We Went From Weaponized Poverty To Determination by PrinceofSarcasm: 1:16am On Jan 17, 2023
You are paid to attack anything about Peter Obi, you are paid to abuse Igbos his tribe and paint anything about them bad... You are offered 2k daily and told if Tinubu wins you will probably be given a job in one of his companies or your state ministry.

To be fair looking at the current hardship in the country I can't blame anyone fro accepting this offer o grin
. guarantee of a job after elections is nothing to laugh at. So many of us are suffering ... It's not easy to watch ones mother of father suffer and you can't do anything about it. I understand. 2k a day is about 14k a week Monday - Sunday . That's about 64k a month, for someone who has been suffering since without job this is an opportunity sent from heaven. If I were in some shoes I too would be working for Tinubu online .

But let me tell you. Remember that these politicians are just using you to ensure you remain dependent in poverty so 8nyrars from now after Tinubu has ruined Nigeria Futher the next politician can use you to work for him with another 3k a day ...

They make sure they keep you poor so they can use you . Like the chicken stahlin fed with corn you forget it is then who made you the beggar you are today .

But today the determination in the people is very high.we are tired because most of us have woken up to the truth that these people want us to serve as slaves to their children and grandchildren too.

Enough is enough... We will speak with our votes on election day. End SARs 2.0 without violence is just our determination to vote Peter obi.

We say no to weaponized poverty

We are protesting with our PVC this time around grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How We Went From Weaponized Poverty To Determination by Franzinni: 5:19am On Jan 17, 2023
You are absolutely spot on ... I would say you should not bother trying to reorient a nation of plucked chickens, instead figure out how to open a chicken and chips fast food restaurant.

Fry them all and feed them to themselves.

I for one have lost faith in this nation, so I have shifted my mindset something more .... selfish!

(1) (Reply)

Win 200k If You Can Answer This Question With Proof. / Gov Emmanuel Wins Big As Nerc Approves Electricity Distribution Licence For Akwa / 2023: Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike Threatens To Stop Atiku's Rally In Rive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.