Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview (18903 Views)

Unfair: This Lady Was Rejected At A Job Interview Because She Has A Big Tummy / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by LikeAking: 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:
This morning, I went for a job interview for the position of a customer care representative. I stammer actually and I knew it was likely I wouldn't get the job. I met with their HR and we had conversation and during the conversation he asked if I was a stammerer and I answered in the affirmative, then he told me that I can't work as a customer care representative in their company due to my deficiency. I jus waka jeje comot there.

U suppose know na..
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Tunagee(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:
This morning, I went for a job interview for the position of a customer care representative. I stammer actually and I knew it was likely I wouldn't get the job. I met with their HR and we had conversation and during the conversation he asked if I was a stammerer and I answered in the affirmative, then he told me that I can't work as a customer care representative in their company due to my deficiency. I jus waka jeje comot there.

He was right. You could not have been employed for that role cos you would disrupt communication flow between you and the customer.

Vocal impairment issue is taken seriously when you are working in a call center. Your grammatical expression, and dialect is also taken into consideration. You cant afford to even have a local intonation present in your grammatical expressions when speaking english. So sorry bro
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2023
rocknation62:
It’s just like saying someone with one hand applying for the post of a driver! Ko le werk.

grin cheesy
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by JDJ4: 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2023
Another opportunity will surely come
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by alizma: 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:
He was just generous with the truth, you don't need to pick offen6, you would have use that opportunity to appreciate his sincerity, ask for his contact and asked if there is other position you can fit into, this is January and there are usually more opening than other months.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2023
Find out the origin of your stuttering, was it due to nervousness or its how its always been.

Customer care need good pleasant voice if you re to be on phone, if you deal physically with customers then in addition to a pleasant voice you need good appearance too. If you re going for any customer service interview need to work on these 2 attributes.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by MrBroke(m): 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2023
Don't fret about that, a better job is going to come, just keep pushing. Stay positive and good luck

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by HardBishop: 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2023
Triangles1:
Stammerer are good thinkers develop yourself in other things and thank me later.

Is there no surgery or medication for stammerer, just asking ni oh.
Na brain surgery... But it can be managed

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by uuzba(m): 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:
Well customer care requires clear communication. Sometimes, speaking into the telephone to offer the customer care support.
And the other person must understand you 100% otherwise the matter fit explode reach another level.
If you have a speech defect, you can either manage it or try to cure it.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Fedrick100: 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2023
ugwum007:
I also stammer. I have lost opportunities down the years because of it but one thing I did right was to learn from it.

I started developing my skills, reading books and gaining knowledge now if I want to speak, you must listen to me no matter how long it takes because I speak wisdom and sense.

My career in software development didn't require me to talk much. In as much as I head and participate in meetings, it is no longer an issue to me.

Teach me software development na
I’m also a stammer,
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by BinamRex: 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Stammerers are know for their Hot temper shocked

I'm surprise u didn't beat up the man after he broke the news to u

This is a stupid fallacy. I stammer but I am not hot-tempered. I know a lot of stammerers who aren't hot-tempered. Who even started this talk that stammerers are hot-tempered?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Didijiji: 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2023
You self...

Find another role na

Na for phone you wan stammer or face to face....

Doesnt work for a customer facing role na
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Shinor(m): 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:

There are many self help videos on YouTube to help you stop stammering including this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDEdSW71pF0

2 Likes

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by plsdisvirginme: 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:
How much was the pay?
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by FatherOfJesus: 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2023
Sorry about that but that job really doesn't suit you.
I hope that you get that job that really suits your person
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Mayflowa(m): 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2023
Triangles1:
Stammerer are good thinkers develop yourself in other things and thank me later.

Is there no surgery or medication for stammerer, just asking ni oh.

You can practice your way out of stuttering. There are past and current leaders that stutter. The list includes British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, orator Demosthenes, King George VI, actor James Earl Jones, US President Joe Biden, and country singer Mel Tillis.

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by ruffDiamond: 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2023
Nigeria is the worst place in the world for people with any form of physical challenges to survive or get help...they make fun of you as if it's your fault

So anytime I know about an hitherto able bodied fool get disfigured, I don't hesitate in mocking them back and even double it especially if the person is known for such despicable behavior! Nigerian and shitty Backwards behavior! Left to the animals called Africans, they won't be a text message app on phone at all to cater for people with hearing impairment! Thank God for the white who thinks and considers everything, even though they know black African are mostly pure animals who unfortunately resembles sane human! No matter how you look at history, those white were right in taking African slave if you consider black cruelty, evilness and inhumanity to each other.. Just move on bro, I pray one of the bastardz employer family turn or born an incurable stutterer too angry
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by HenryThegreat1(m): 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2023
Even me that I'm not a stammer, I can't work as an customer service position.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by AmuDimpka: 1:28pm On Jan 18, 2023
Why must you stammer
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by BinamRex: 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2023
dynicks:
Na cus of say I dey stammer, make me respect myself say make I learn forex.....

Atleast I no go dey engage in anyhow conversation!!

You are funny. I also stammer and I am a teacher. I want to learn photography so I can avoid speaking situations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Henadih(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2023
Before you finish saying Helloo., who, who,who,who,who,who,who,who,who,who,who,who,who,who, is talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talking in the first call. The days work would have been over. same thing the next day.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by dynicks(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2023
BinamRex:

You are funny. I also stammer and I am a teacher. I want to learn photography so I can avoid speaking situations.
you are a teacher....how have u been coping bro?

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by famouscargo4u: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:

They did the right thing. A customer care person must be a smooth talker and fluent.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Fweshspice(m): 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

lol not all stammerers are hot-tempered oh. At least I'm not.

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Wahala90: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
Zulum500:

You must be very stupeed grin

Truth hurts. Kill yourself. Not all Yorubas support criminals!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Majesty33(m): 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
@ op, must you stammer? I dont know whats wrong with people these days. you were invited for an interview, then u decided to stammer. were u afraid or what came over u?
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by mattmogan88: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

It not true bro.

Am a stammerer and i don't have a hot Temper.

Stammerering is a disability in its way Sha. I hardly talk in a public cos i no wan embarrass myself cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by uba1991: 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2023
Customer service is not your call. Look for another job.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by BiGVEEN58(m): 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2023
Next time find a football commentary job.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Gabby84: 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2023
The interview for this job I am presently in I stammered like crazy but I still got called well my case was mentioned at shiloh now I am growing from strength to strength and my speech is becoming more fluent by the day I do interact with clients via phone call. it can only be God. don't give up

3 Likes

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by uba1991: 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2023
Majesty33:
@ op, must you stammer? I dont know whats wrong with people these days. you were invited for an interview, then u decided to stammer. were u afraid or what came over u?
he is a stammarer
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by goshen26: 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2023
I think you need a job that doesn't require much talking.

I can feel your pain, but stammerer it difficult to explain themselves when they are angry..

Get IT skill and become a programmer, graphic designer, web designer etc

So sorry bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe / Vacancies @ Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) - November 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.