Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso (26356 Views)

Umahi: Ebonyi People Will Vote Tinubu, Not Peter Obi, Labour Party / Peter Obi: Labour Party Holds First Meeting In Port Harcourt Today / Gombe Man Donates His House To Peter Obi's Labour Party. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Odewaleadesoye(m): 5:20pm On Jan 18, 2023
The presidential candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP, Rabiu Kwankwaso, has given more details as to why a proposed merger with Labour Party, LP and its presidential candidate didn’t work out.

Speaking at the Chatham House in London on Wednesday, Kwankwaso claimed they couldn’t reach a compromise because LP was at the peak of the media hype.

He said:“On Labour Party, I was initially interested in working with them.

“But at that time, they were at peak of the media hype and we couldn’t reach a compromise. Our party (NNPP) is a national party, and we’re commanding the support of the masses.”

Kwankwaso added: “If you have a party which is based on ethnicity and religion, that is the difference between the Labour party and our party, which is a national party, New Nigeria Peoples Party.”

Source:DAILY POST

22 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by SmartPolician: 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2023
Kwankwanso who hasn't been able to take his campaigns out of the North West calls his NNPP a national party while Labour Party that has campaigned in several states across the country an ethnic and religious party.

Wonders, they say, will never cease. Kwankwanso shouldn't not drop out of this race. That's the most important thing now.

498 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 18, 2023
LP na Igbo party grin grin grin and Obi will be struggling it out with Atiku in his own region. Most Anambarians don’t like Peter Obi, the few supporting him are doing so for ethnicity

54 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by idealogical: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2023
Obi is truly an ethnic and ipob party, it's very obvious and Obi himself and his supporters are not hiding it.

54 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2023
Aboki too mumu sha....

Come and campaign in Enugu...sandy dusty wailer.

177 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by bender79: 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2023
" at that time they were at the peak of media hype' meaning they are realer than you thought. If urchins can comprehend

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by DSC7: 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2023
Hmmmmm...

Urchins were the ones tagging LP a regional and Igbo party despite the fact that Mimiko a yoruba man was the first governor under Labour party. ...

Well had it been Kwankwaso merged with Obi the election would have been over since last year....

Like for Obi .......

Share for Kwankwaso and others.....

318 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
idealogical:
Obi is truly an ethnic and ipob party, it's very obvious and Obi himself and his supporters are not hiding it.
LP na Igbo party, how many known stakeholders you see for the party? Na hookup girls and yahoo boys party grin

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by StrongandMighty: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
Funny how Labour Party was a national party until obi joined it automatically turned to a regional party. A party where almost all it's executives are not even Igbo ...
Clowns grin grin

228 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Urheadmaster(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2023
It is APC the party of vampires and witches including BAT that will be taking down this February I pity the most tongue

peepydelano:
LP na Igbo party, how many known stakeholders you see for the party? Na hookup girls and yahoo boys party grin

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Bluntguy: 5:31pm On Jan 18, 2023
Urheadmaster:
It is APC the party of vampires and witches including BAT that will be taking down this February I pity most tongue

Seconded

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Odewaleadesoye(m): 5:51pm On Jan 18, 2023
cool
Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Felabrity: 6:00pm On Jan 18, 2023
This bst is still regretting

Everyone has moved on

Peter Obi did not even say much words about it

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Felabrity: 6:01pm On Jan 18, 2023
StrongandMighty:
Funny how Labour Party was a national party until obi joined it automatically turned to a regional party. A party where almost all it's executives are not even Igbo ...
Clowns grin grin
imagine the outcry if Peter had joined apga

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 18, 2023
Too late to cry, you missed your chance

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 18, 2023
Peter Obi is an igbo and IPOB miscreants candidate, he is building his inordinate political ambition on Biafra agitation, he will surely crash

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by SLAP44: 6:03pm On Jan 18, 2023
Stop crying Sir, you missed a chance of a lifetime.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Googledotcom: 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2023
idealogical:
Lame !!

Look for something else to campaign against Obi.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Kingspin(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2023
When you guys are doing your thing, no complaints but once a South East enters, it becomes ethnicity.
I don't know who practices nepotism pass una in this country

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Praktikals(m): 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2023
Obi is coming distant forth. If Tinubu does not get it, I pray it goes back to the north. Those developers cannot be trusted

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by TechtraGadgets: 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2023
How many times will he say this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by SenatePresdo(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2023
Kwankwaso will forever regret not being Peter Obi's vice out of pride.

Outside NW Which NNPP still wouldn't win, where else can they command followership?

Kwankwaso please move on, you are already doing the lord's work.

12 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Upton: 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2023
Lol. Everybody must push bigotry and tribalistic narrative in an attempt to demarket LP and Obi

14 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Pwettylinda(f): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2023
Mumu

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by MoneySEASON: 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2023
Forget, if this man had aligned with Peter Obi to be his Vice, The presidential race would've been concluded already.

But, it is what it is.

Peter Obi will still win by God's grace.

30 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Nwadu: 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2023
The votes you will get from the north is enough merger ... No worry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Authoreety: 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
No wahala
Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Delphi(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
Truly, academic credentials don't normally prove abundance of wisdom. This man is something else!. Just an empty vessel enwrapped in the garb of academic foil.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
H
Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by Johnrake69: 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
This man is still crying over this issue. Na wa ooo

6 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Merge With Peter Obi’s Labour Party – Kwankwaso by EnglandAmaka(f): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
NNPP that has never held a rally outside kano is a national party..

And Labour Party that has gone round the whole Nigeria is a Regional party.

You were never in the race, your goal is to capture kano for your in-law. I know you will finally step down for one candidate,either Atiku or Tinubu.

My happiness is that everyone is beginning to see a possibility of Obi becoming the next President.

20 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fela Durotoye Dancing In Abuja (Photos) / Tinubu Never Challenged Forfeiture Order - Peter Obi Tells Tribunal / FG Appoints Okhiria, MD Of Nigeria Railway Corporation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.