Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,225 members, 7,853,187 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:17 PM

Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE (25204 Views)

Peter Obi's Supporter Displays Gun, Threatens Whoever Votes Tinubu, Atiku / Peter Obi's Supporter Rocks 'Peter Obi' Haircut (Photo) / Graduate Cries Out As Herdsmen Destroy His Investment (Farm) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by Ruthless70: 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
Tflex01:

Omooo you are right oh... If what is happening in the East is happening somewhere else eg southwest, they would have been beating their chest saying no single person can hold Igbo people ransome yen yen yen.... Calling them cowards etc

grin

You saw one of the coward Peter Obi supporter, when that fat pig was captured he was begging like, no region has show cowardice than the 5percnt region in Nigeria A cording to Buhari.... A dot in a circle

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by Sunrise258: 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
Igbo campaign for Obi peacefully in other region but don't have same opportunity in their region!? What a buffoonery!!!
Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by ImperialYoruba: 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2023
Naptu,
Thanks for bringing us these updates. Election is a Federal Govt exercise. Do you really believe these people have the gut to stop a whole FG from carrying out a civic exercise? I think it's all bluff. A few hundred people with guns are incapable of stopping millions of people from coming out on election day. If Peter Obi was not in the line up and a contender I'd say yes, citizens will comply with the order not to come out. Ibos have bought into this election and took ownership of the Obi drive to the point even the biafran element is visible in the push to get him elected. I believe the "vote Obi" drive is the new age Biafra, and ibos will not sacrifice this one in lifetime chance for Nnamdi Kanu's neck. Moreover, there are whispers that once Obi is president it is guaranteed Nnamdi Kanu will be freed and his case quashed, and ipob will also be delisted from terrorist list. So in Obi Biafrans see a light at the end of the tunnel, finally. What Obi can achieve for them, Kanu cannot. Particularly also with the vision of reversing unitary government and giving each region or zone its autonomy. It's a huge prize. Ekpa will not win this one.

In my observation, I also noticed that pro-Ekpa commenters on twitter are getting far better retweets, love, appreciations than those against Ekpa, and they are all Ibos. Is it a social media fluke, or does it suggest Ekpa has more following and supporters than previously believed?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by 21stDecember: 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
Fake News.
The picture on the shirt isn't Peter Obi.
You're selling fake news that is stage-managed by urchins who doesn't want anything good for this country. They want to discourage voters and supporters of Obi.
The gospel of New and Better Nigeria must be preached unhindered!
Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by naptu2: 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2023
164 posts, 6 pages, 21083 views.
Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by AyomideOG01: 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2023
Pakute:
Peter Obi went to the media and say biafra died 52 years ago and that's the beginning of his new troubles. Simon Ekpa won't take it lying down.

Mugu

Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by AyomideOG01: 7:49pm On Jan 19, 2023
naptu2:
There has been a long running battle between Simon Ekpa (and his Autopiloters) and Peter Obi supporters (Obidients). The Autopiloters keep threatening the Obidients with death, but the Obidients have refused to back down.

(Sent to judgement means killed in Autopilot language).

Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by Owontime: 7:58pm On Jan 19, 2023
You must all listen to President Simon Ekpa, there will be no erection in the South Yeast. STAY AT HOME.
Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by naptu2: 8:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
AyomideOG01:

OK, I'll respond to this nonsense just once.

1) You heard the man say Peter Obi (it was loud and clear).

2) Why would the man wear a Peter Mbah shirt if it was staged? Does that make any sense at all?

3) Why would they circulate a staged video when the man was clearly wearing a Peter Mbah shirt? Does that make sense to you?

4) As I told someone else, the most logical explanation is that the man said Peter Obi out of fear.

5) As the person said to me, the bullets were real.

6) Armed men firing real bullets is a news story and one that will (hopefully with so much publicity) get to the authorities so that an investigation will be launched.

7) What would be the goal or sense in sharing a video of a man wearing a Peter Mbah shirt, but saying that it is a Peter Obi shirt? What would it achieve? The only possible aim is the thing that the gunman said in the video, which is to stop all political activities and deter people from voting.

8 ) Who has been announcing repeatedly that there will be no election in Biafraland?

This is simple common sense

All those that are saying that it was staged have not provided any concrete evidence that it was staged. All they have done is speculation and guesswork.

This is my final post on this issue. Anyone that wants me to take them seriously should provide concrete evidence, not guesswork (not this funny situation where people will just wake up from sleep and start spinning any story that enters their head).
Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by MadamExcellency: 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2023
naptu2:

OK, I'll respond to this nonsense just once.

1) You heard the man say Peter Obi (it was loud and clear).

2) Why would the man wear a Peter Mbah shirt if it was staged? Does that make any sense at all?

3) Why would they circulate a staged video when the man was clearly wearing a Peter Mbah shirt? Does that make sense to you?

4) As I told someone else, the most logical explanation is that the man said Peter Obi out of fear.

5) As the person said to me, the bullets were real.

6) Armed men firing real bullets is a news story and one that will (hopefully with so much publicity) get to the authorities so that an investigation will be launched.

7) What would be the goal or sense in sharing a video of a man wearing a Peter Mbah shirt, but saying that it is a Peter Obi shirt? What would it achieve? The only possible aim is the thing that the gunman said in the video, which is to stop all political activities and deter people from voting.

8 ) Who has been announcing repeatedly that there will be no election in Biafraland?

This is simple common sense

All those that are saying that it was staged have not provided any concrete evidence that it was staged. All they have done is speculation and guesswork.

This is my final post on this issue. Anyone that wants me to take them seriously should provide concrete evidence, not guesswork (not this funny situation where people will just wake up from sleep and start spinning any story that enters their head).

See the extract you posted from your source.
A video shows the man wearing the campaign T-shirt of the Labour Party presidential candidate being tortured by unknown gunmen terrorising Southeast Nigeria. - This is a lie

The video shows the victim being manhandled and interrogated by the leader of the gunmen along a road after his car was ambushed.

It was gathered that the incident happened at Oraifite in the Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State. - Factually incorrect

You are better than this Mr man. Don't be entangled in political thuggery and online terrorism by assimilating misinformation from every website without verification. Delete the thread immediately if you have any credibility left in you.

The video wasn't from Anambra as stipulated. This was Enugu PDP Guber Candidate, Peter Mbah hence the "actor" was definitely in Enugu State during the movie casting.
Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by naptu2: 10:14pm On Jan 19, 2023
170 posts, 22135 views and 6 pages.
Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by naptu2: 1:21pm On Jan 20, 2023
22600 views, 171 posts and 6 pages.
Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by BreconHills(m): 3:08pm On Feb 02, 2023
ImperialYoruba:
Naptu,
Thanks for bringing us these updates. Election is a Federal Govt exercise. Do you really believe these people have the gut to stop a whole FG from carrying out a civic exercise? I think it's all bluff. A few hundred people with guns are incapable of stopping millions of people from coming out on election day. If Peter Obi was not in the line up and a contender I'd say yes, citizens will comply with the order not to come out. Ibos have bought into this election and took ownership of the Obi drive to the point even the biafran element is visible in the push to get him elected. I believe the "vote Obi" drive is the new age Biafra, and ibos will not sacrifice this one in lifetime chance for Nnamdi Kanu's neck. Moreover, there are whispers that once Obi is president it is guaranteed Nnamdi Kanu will be freed and his case quashed, and ipob will also be delisted from terrorist list. So in Obi Biafrans see a light at the end of the tunnel, finally. What Obi can achieve for them, Kanu cannot. Particularly also with the vision of reversing unitary government and giving each region or zone its autonomy. It's a huge prize. Ekpa will not win this one.

In my observation, I also noticed that pro-Ekpa commenters on twitter are getting far better retweets, love, appreciations than those against Ekpa, and they are all Ibos. Is it a social media fluke, or does it suggest Ekpa has more following and supporters than previously believed?

You make a lot of interesting points and they make sense. I doubt however that a PO would revert to regional government or even true Federalism. I think BAT is the most likely to do that. First by drawing back from where the FG has statutorily over reached and next by using creative means to empower the states. The Eastern governors and igbo business men have not done enough to desire regional autonomy in any shape or form.

Love the thought process..
Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by ImperialYoruba: 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
BreconHills:

You make a lot of interesting points and they make sense. I doubt however that a PO would revert to regional government or even true Federalism. I think BAT is the most likely to do that. First by drawing back from where the FG has statutorily over reached and next by using creative means to empower the states. The Eastern governors and igbo business men have not done enough to desire regional autonomy in any shape or form.

Love the thought process..

Your response on BAT is accurate. He has never hidden his intent to get Lagos a special status. It goes in line with historical status of Lagos as the ONLY COLONY in Nigeria. That colonial status was extended to entire Yorubaland and targeted for expiration in the 50s so Yorubas could exist as a separate Sovereign Nation. However, the drivers for the status change, who were Yoruba elites believed there was power in numbers, and fought for independence under a pan-African identity. This had a somewhat debilitating effect on a standalone Yoruba Nation, and colonial government planned instead for independent regions within an envelope Nigeria.

Azikiwe in his greed abandoned pan-Africanism and focused on Ibo supremacy in Africa. That agenda was actualized with the coup and Ironsi becoming Head of State, although it was temporary.

So in a nutshell, I agree with you, Yoruba painfully regrets our past political mis-steps, particularly in the ways we have promoted a just and accommodating agenda for others at the cost of unifying and advancing our civilizations in contemporary terms.

Our push for a just and fair society for ourselves can be achieved for others as well as long we do not continue to cede grounds on Yoruba-First.

Tinubu is bold, he is transparent, he is visionary, has sense of history and above all practices inclusion. He does not shy away from confrontation but still adheres to principles of conflict resolution. These are important values in a leadership role to achieve the points I made.

Obi will be like Jonathan. He is politically weak and others more experienced and ambitious than him will install a cabal network in his administration to exploit and operate racketeering governance under his nose. He will not be able to stop it. Those cabal elements will end up empowering Biafra, and possibly create massive conflicts of interest and mistrust across the zones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by Opintiwa: 6:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
ImperialYoruba:

Your response on BAT is accurate. He has never hidden his intent to get Lagos a special status. It goes in line with historical status of Lagos as the ONLY COLONY in Nigeria. That colonial status was extended to entire Yorubaland and targeted for expiration in the 50s so Yorubas could exist as a separate Sovereign Nation. However, the drivers for the status change, who were Yoruba elites believed there was power in numbers, and fought for independence under a pan-African identity. This had a somewhat debilitating effect on a standalone Yoruba Nation, and colonial government planned instead for independent regions within an envelope Nigeria.

Azikiwe in his greed abandoned pan-Africanism and focused on Ibo supremacy in Africa. That agenda was actualized with the coup and Ironsi becoming Head of State, although it was temporary.

So in a nutshell, I agree with you, Yoruba painfully regrets our past political mis-steps, particularly in the ways we have promoted a just and accommodating agenda for others at the cost of unifying and advancing our civilizations in contemporary terms.

Our push for a just and fair society for ourselves can be achieved for others as well as long we do not continue to cede grounds on Yoruba-First.

Tinubu is bold, he is transparent, he is visionary, has sense of history and above all practices inclusion. He does not shy away from confrontation but still adheres to principles of conflict resolution. These are important values in a leadership role to achieve the points I made.

Obi will be like Jonathan. He is politically weak and others more experienced and ambitious than him will install a cabal network in his administration to exploit and operate racketeering governance under his nose. He will not be able to stop it. Those cabal elements will end up empowering Biafra, and possibly create massive conflicts of interest and mistrust across the zones.

Bola Ahmed will not win

Slam your head
Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by ImperialYoruba: 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2023
Opintiwa:

Bola Ahmed will not win

Slam your head

So who will? grin
Re: Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE by pquaver(m): 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2023
BigSarah:
angry each time I remember I provided online support to ESN during its early days I feel guilty of the carnage being executed by blood thirsty killers in Igboland.

How did chasing killer herders, turn to killing everybody, what a shame.

Vote Atiku say no to rookies and drug barons

Should I also tell them I got Nnamdi his first radio Biafra studio equipment, and also purchased the bullets for esn?

GTFo

@ the bolded.. There is nothing like that..
When will ndigbo get sense.. Even Hitler had his excuse for crime..

Herdsmen did their crime yes but the same criminals also carried out crimes and where first to call herdsmen to create hate for against an ethnic tribe.. The earlier una know that the better for u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Approved N73.1m For Tinubu’s Portrait, N44m For Vegetables / Policemen Push Patrol Van To Start In Lagos (Photos) / Senate Warns Charly Boy, Protesters: "Leave Buhari Alone Immediately"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.