Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,270 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers (20028 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Asake And Blackbonz / Sadiq Khan Reacts To Asake's Brixton Academy Concert Incident / Asake And Olamide Spray Dollars in Club To Celebrate The Album Release Of Asake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by benjackugo: 10:44am On Jan 19, 2023
Gospel Singer, Dunsin Oyekan was spotted in a viral video tackling Christians who listen to secular music and still share it on public space, IGBERETV reports.

Speaking during a recent ministration, the gospel singer said people who listen to Asake and other worldly singers are living in a confused state as they can't hear from God.

Oyekan added that he's always baffled when these people insist they are unapologetically children of God.

He said;

“At the end of the year, when people were tagging some of us for their Spotify, Apple review for the year, and the people they listen to, you will see one secular musician. And then you will see Nathaniel Bassey. I’d say what is he doing there?

Your confidence baffles me, how will you hear God, you are living in a confused state. Someone is telling you as it is with the world, another is telling you how it is with God, which one do you want to pick. Nathaniel Bassey does it for me but you just played brother Asake. And you are bold to share it online. Sometimes I look at their profile some of them will write unapologetically a child of God.”

https://www.facebook.com/100064192205833/posts/pfbid02Tiffieyu8Fq2MYkQK9rnAr7RucECz1sUyBK9GB3uiNBCvGZtSKLHgqtxxPX1NgEVl/?app=fbl

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by oz4real83(m): 11:23am On Jan 19, 2023
All those pastors that invite comedians to the altar to perform are the ones that surprise me the most cheesy grin. There will come a time when we won't be able to distinguish between the church and the world shocked shocked

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:24am On Jan 19, 2023
True talk sha...las las

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Afobear: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
mumu Man.. eat brownies and be happy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by sofeo(m): 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
Alright!

1 Like

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by donpapa(m): 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
This is my problem with these people, face your God and serve him accordingly. Allow people to do what suits them.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by nepole: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
Dunsin should talk about the 10 commandments and leave music alone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by iscom(m): 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
OK
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
Come Dunsin Oyekan, variety is the spice of life!

Not all secular music has evil lyrics

Some of these secular music are great too!

Let's stop putting each other down! We will go far in life if we judge less!

Even the Bible has varieties, song of Solomon dey, lamentation dey! Pick the one that suits your mood

What is important in life is that we don't hurt others, love! The greatest commandment.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by erad(m): 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
Lol... Very senseless take.

One very interesting thing about gospel musicians is that most of them are failed secular musicians.
You chose to classify your songs, some people just listen to songs that appeal to them without bothering about if it's secular or gospel.

Live and let live.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Nerdified: 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
Lol
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Omotosho1090905(m): 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
K
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Eraddray(m): 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
Make I come dey listen to dunsin abi...which kind song dunsin dey sing sef

6 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
Hmmmmm

An actual conversation.

5 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Happycharles(m): 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
Waiting fr comments
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Oxtertee(m): 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by 900warriorz: 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ride on papa....tell them grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by papae1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
Wow.......

1 Like

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by deedeemob(m): 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
Whatever rocks whosoevers boat. Listening to secular music IMO won't determine if u r up for salvation or not. What about all those gospel artists that use worldly and secular slangs in their songs just to make it more danceable lol

5 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by SultanOfPuna: 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
The foolish Christians are clowns..
If you point gun at this fool
He will cry that he don't want to die..

So you no wan go the heaven, dey you dey preach everyday.

I have a neighbour she is a pastor
Playing gospel music every time
But she always maltreat her house girl and flog her with wire.
And warn her not to cry or make noise.

I stopped taking Christians serious
very delusional set of brainwashed slaves

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by dapsoneh: 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
He did not tackle anyone, he only expressed his displeasure at those tagging gospel and secular musicians together on the same post on IG and other social media platforms

22 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by ayoolajide(m): 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
God helping us all

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by awoo10(m): 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by darezeezleke: 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
true

1 Like

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Generation1: 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2023
Don’t mind them……

2 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by adeola1097: 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2023
Hypocrisy of the highest order.

He can as well roll his entitled opinion on a piece of paper and light up since he’s the most high now.

5 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Bunnatex(m): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2023
Maybe he needs to understand who is God and what he represents and how he manifests himself to various people and race.

For one, is he referring to the Christian God or God as a being that supretends over all. Cause that's where the confusion lies.

For his comments on Asake, what's the message God has given him about Nigeria?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by aycorporat(m): 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2023
I know some will still say "senseless" but the truth is, it is getting to a time we can't even differentiate between the Church and the World again

Comedians will come on the altar and use the Holy Spirit to crack jokes.
That's why I like the other religion. Draw any non sense that doesn't correlate with their faith and you'll see their other side. Would anyone try using their prophet to crack any joke?

18 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by chiefolododo(m): 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
I like Dunsin

6 Likes

Re: Dunsin Oyekan Tackles Christians Who Listen To Asake And Other Secular Singers by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 19, 2023
erad:
Lol... Very senseless take.

One very interesting thing about gospel musicians is that most of them are failed secular musicians.
You chose to classify your songs, some people just listen to songs that appeal to them without bothering about if it's secular or gospel.

Live and let live.

Senseless talk right?

That's what the world has turned into...

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Kuti's Performs With His Sons On Stage / Adaeze Yobo Finally Reveals Her Pregnancy In Style.. / BBNaija: Why I Like Cee-C - Lydia Forson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.