Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,709 members, 7,851,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:42 PM

Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate (8533 Views)

Akwa Ibom: Supreme Court Affirms Umo Eno As PDP Guber Candidate, Fines Okon / Akwa Ibom: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As PDP Guber Candidate, Sacks Enyong / Court Sacks Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Candidate, Affirms Michael Enyong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by fergie001: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2023
The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja, on Thursday, affirmed Umo Eno as the Governorship Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for Akwa Ibom State in the forthcoming March 11, 2023 election.

The three-man panel of the Court dismissed the appeal (Suit No: CA/C/369/2022) filed by an aggrieved gubernatorial aspirant, Akan Ekpe Okon against the respondents: PDP, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and Umo Eno.

The court berated the petitioner: It said it was funny that the appellant who was not a member of the group nor a staff of WAEC yet present a document purportedly issued to the group as evidence in court.

The court also upheld the decision of the lower court to ignore the forensic expert.

The court also held that the lower court was right to have accepted the evidences of subpoenaed witnesses without allowing them to testify.

Mr Okon participated in the PDP Primary in May but got only three votes, while Mr Eno had 993 votes from the 1, 018 delegates accredited for the exercise.

Mr. Eno is the preferred Candidate of the outgoing Governor, Udom Emmanuel.

The appellant, Okon, alleged that Mr Eno presented a forged voter’s card and two forged WAEC certificates of 1981 and 1983.

Mr Okon also stated that the PDP screening committee cleared Mr Eno in error to participate in the 25 May governorship primary.

He also claimed that Mr Eno altered his date of birth resulting in three different dates of birth – 24/25 April 1964 and 1 January 1964.

Recall that Justice Agatha Anulika Okeke of the Uyo Federal High Court, in November 2022, upheld the candidacy of Umo Eno, awarded a sum of N15 million as cost against the petitioner and further dismissed the suit.

Unsurprisingly dissatisfied with the outcome, he approached the higher Court for reprieve.

The Appeal Court dismissed the Appeal filed by Akan Okon but reduced the fine of 15m to N5m.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by ogify1(m): 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2023
FTC since 2015 grin grin.. If e easy, run am

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Urheadmaster(m): 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2023
I believed in Udom Emmanuel.
He has performed very well as a governor.

He wouldn't want his hard work to be tarnished by slowpoke like tulubo tongue

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by SegunBABA007(m): 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2023
Peter Obi Surprises the Northern Elites in Kaduna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rvAoZbJ-ZQ

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by fixitbyjal(m): 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
I fix faulty iphone panels
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
Na akwa ibom get today for court .
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Opinedecandid(m): 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
Absolutely.
Let Akan Okon park well.

It's a yes for Umo Eno,
It's a yes for Akan Udofia, let's wait for Oba's conviction.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
Lawyers and judges are really making it big off these politicians

5 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Yankiss(m): 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
I said earlier that the suit would be vacated by a court of superior jurisdiction. It's normal. Nothing good comes easy. In all, let God's will reign in that state.

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by millionboi(m): 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
Non of my business

Make una vote obi for president

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Jostoman: 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
Congratulation in advance mr umo eno
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Cantonese: 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2023
My own na to remove that Akpabio.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Opinedecandid(m): 6:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
Cantonese:
My own na to remove that Akpabio.

What had Akpabio done to you.
#Stopthehate

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by yaki84: 6:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
Lemme see the urchin that will cry foul this time..
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Passionate888: 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
Which camp?
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Reportbutton: 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
Yet to see any court affirm LP cheesy
Thunder faya LP and all it's useles.s supporters, what the idoit couldn't do as small as Anambra is , he wants to do in Nigeria cheesy grin
Isn't that madness?

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Esales(m): 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2023
Oya forward march to supreme court grin
Oya sharp sharp send me hi on WhatsApp (number on my signature) let me save your number for hilarious and trendy content right on my WhatsApp status.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by EdiskyHarry: 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ok
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Primusinterpares(m): 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2023
Hope he will work if elected
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by dgmoni123(m): 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
Akwa ibom day shocked
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Nairalander248: 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
Lol
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Gohiw: 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2023
undecided
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Confirmedzombie: 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
The next Governor of Akwa ibom stare. Atiku will sweep Akwa ibom state votes with 90%, Tinubu 7% , kwakwanso 2% , Peter Obi 1%

God bless Akwa ibom people for supporting Atiku.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Smartguyboy(m): 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
Highest bidder will always win in Nigeria court. That why poor can’t sue rich man to Court because he will always win.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Smartguyboy(m): 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
The next Governor of Akwa ibom stare. Atiku will sweep Akwa ibom state votes with 90%, Tinubu 7% , kwakwanso 2% , Peter Obi 1%

God bless Akwa ibom people for supporting Atiku.
That why the state will continue to be the way it is apart from good road I am enjoying.
No youth employment
no work.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by sniperr007(m): 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2023
Urheadmaster:
I believed in Udom Emmanuel.
He has performed very well as a governor.

He wouldn't want his hard work to be tarnished by slowpoke like tulubo tongue

What's the unemployment rate in Akwa Ibom before her was governor and now?

Let's start grading him from that.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by nanauju(f): 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2023
na dem sabi
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by Urheadmaster(m): 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2023
Her was governor
sniperr007:

What's the unemployment rate in Akwa Ibom before her was governor and now?

Let's start grading him from that.

I no understand tongue
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Umo Eno As Akwa Ibom PDP Governorship Candidate by mbahdi(m): 6:24pm On Jan 19, 2023
Pdp power

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News President Buhari Is Back In Nigeria (photo) / Gov. Ganduje Appoints Ex-commissioner As Chief Of Staff / Good News As Soldiers Kill Multiple Esn/unknown Gunmen Terrorist PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.