Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Please Help Me Help Her - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me Help Her (997 Views)

Should I Help Her Or Chase Her Out Of My House? / Help!!! Her Husband's Physique Does Not Turn Her On / Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Help Her by squino(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2011
Please i don't know where to post this, so pardon me.  There's this female friend of mine who believes that i am the only one that can salvage her(advice wise), but really it's more than me cos i don't know what to tell her. She is 25 yrs, born and raised in Cameroon and came back to the country late last year. now the problem is that she's been living the rough life all along and she wants to switch back to the good path

1) Education- she said she wants to go back to school and she only possesses a lower six(Js3) result and doesn't want to go sit in class with all dem kiddy ss1 students, so i want to know the available alternatives in this area like where she can possibly start from ( where she will be well impacted)

n/b she speaks fairly poor english and is poor in reading as well

2) lies- she lies like i don't know what, she lies about virtually everything, i asked why and she said a friend back in cameroon taught her to lie saying it raises one's status or class(don't know what) and she wants to stop. think ive seen some slight changes recently as a result of the little ive done but i need to do more.

3) finances- she's got about a hundred and eighty thousand francs(cameroon currency,dont know if im correct) and i also don't know the Nigerian equivalent of that.So i advised her to maybe set up a business, don't know if that will help.

4) Domestics- she can't cook and she's lazy.

she also drinks a lot( that's Cameroon like).

now from all these that she confessed to me i dont know what to tell her so i need honest contributions to these and to the total overhaul of her life. HELP PLEASSSE.
Re: Please Help Me Help Her by ronkebp(f): 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2011
Hmmm this is serious, but anybody can change, The first step i see is that, she has acknowedged the fact that she is deficient in so many aspects of her life, and she is ready to make a change. With the help of God, everything would be fine.
1. About the school, i know it would be difficult for her to sit in class with her juniors, but i think she can (that is if she could) swallow her pride and go back to school, i don't know if they do home schooling in Nigeria, if they do, that could be another option for her and at the end of it, she will write a GCE hope to pass.

2. Lies, she has to make up her mind to stop lying and say the truth no matter how difficult it might be She might find help when she says the truth.

3. Don't know what to advice on this aspect, because we need to know what the exchange rate is, inorder to start a 'profitable' business; which is a good advice.

4. She can learn how to cook and other domestic chores, it is simple, all she need is committment.

5. She should reduce her drinking from maybe 10 bottles a day to 5. and gradually she will be free from it's shackles.
Re: Please Help Me Help Her by squino(m): 4:33am On Sep 07, 2011
thanks a lot
Re: Please Help Me Help Her by dayokanu(m): 5:12am On Sep 07, 2011
My guy first thing first

Shey you don shine her Kongo?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Mothers: Would You Eat Your Placenta Afterbirth? / My Sister's Hubby Wants Me :( / Owoseni Ajayi Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.